Author Topic: Wear twins transferring from North Carolina  (Read 1084 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Wear twins transferring from North Carolina
« on: May 07, 2010, 06:30:15 AM »
Not a big deal, as they aren't as good as advertised and it will free up more minutes for others.  My real issue was the timing and how it was done.  They were back home in Cali and their daddy called to tell Roy a few days ago..... :-\  When I was their age I was serving in the military overseas.....

I understand why they are leaving, won't get enough PT, but they should have known that months ago as Carolina's recruiting class was set, with them in mind keeping two schollys.  If they had said something then, UNC could have pursued other recruits. 

Oh well, when we are cutting down the nets in April next year, hope they enjoy watching it on TV.   ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Wear twins transferring from North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
Sympathy post...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
Not a big deal, as they aren't as good as advertised and it will free up more minutes for others.  My real issue was the timing and how it was done.  They were back home in Cali and their daddy called to tell Roy a few days ago..... :-\  When I was their age I was serving in the military overseas.....

I understand why they are leaving, won't get enough PT, but they should have known that months ago as Carolina's recruiting class was set, with them in mind keeping two schollys.  If they had said something then, UNC could have pursued other recruits. 

Oh well, when we are cutting down the nets in April next year, hope they enjoy watching it on TV.   ;D
WTF Show why are they leaving? Sounds like another bad year coming.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »
WTF Show why are they leaving? Sounds like another bad year coming.

I guess they are worried about PT with the new guys coming in.  Honestly, they didn't impress me very much last year and actually seemed to get worse as the season went on.  A couple of guys I know in C-H said it was rumored they had shitty attitudes and were part of last years problem.  It will hurt us with depth/fouls, but I think we are still loaded for next season.

And thanks, Clavin, I was beginning to think people didn't have and interest in the nation's #1 basketball program.... ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:54:22 AM »

'Geographic issues'?  Weak.

While it's cool to be a varsity athlete on the UCLA campus, that means fuck all to the rest of L.A.  Yes, Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart were big stars out there, but 1) they were heavily marketed by their university and 2) they went USC.

At UNC, however, you're treated like royalty all over town and honestly, throughout the region.  Don't like Carolina girls?  Fuck 'em, go pick whatever you want over at State, Duke, Meredith, Peace or ECU. 

Morgan's mom and I are committed to moving to wherever she ends up playing in college.  If she gets a soccer scholarship, I'd love to see her play for Carolina, but if it's softball, I'm thinking more along the lines of an SEC school.  Ugh, I can't believe I just said that. lol 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
'Geographic issues'?  Weak.

While it's cool to be a varsity athlete on the UCLA campus, that means fuck all to the rest of L.A.  Yes, Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart were big stars out there, but 1) they were heavily marketed by their university and 2) they went USC.

At UNC, however, you're treated like royalty all over town and honestly, throughout the region.  Don't like Carolina girls?  Fuck 'em, go pick whatever you want over at State, Duke, Meredith, Peace or ECU. 

Morgan's mom and I are committed to moving to wherever she ends up playing in college.  If she gets a soccer scholarship, I'd love to see her play for Carolina, but if it's softball, I'm thinking more along the lines of an SEC school.  Ugh, I can't believe I just said that. lol 

Tre, if she ends up playing soccer for UNC, the would be awesome!  Like Dean used to say, "I'm a basketball coach at a women's soccer college."  ;D