Author Topic: California and same sex "marriage"  (Read 9657 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
California and same sex "marriage"
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »
How do you feel about California's same sex "marriage" stand?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: California and same sex "marriage"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »
it doesnt affect me either way. im not gay, i dont live in california, and more importantly....i dont really care what people want to have sex with and marry...

unless its a kid, an animal....or my anus. then we have problems....

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »
Marriage has become a financial agreement, nothing more.  It means little.
N

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »

You can read 9 pages worth of opinions on the subject here  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=215262.0

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »

California’s citizens or California’s Supreme Court?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
Marriage has become a financial agreement, nothing more.  It means little.

Yep, it's a contract between you your wife and the state. Unfortunately I believe it is most of the time a necessary one.

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »

I'm a conservative Christian.........what do you think >:(!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »
it doesnt affect me either way. im not gay, i dont live in california, and more importantly....i dont really care what people want to have sex with and marry...

unless its a kid, an animal....or my anus. then we have problems....
I agree 100%.
I have been married TO A WOMAN :P and divorced 3 times.
Maybe I should have tried a dude lol. :-\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:09:59 AM »
I agree 100%.
I have been married TO A WOMAN :P and divorced 3 times.
Maybe I should have tried a dude lol. :-\

;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 09:11:42 AM »
;D

No bay, it is NOT a proposal  ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »
No bay, it is NOT a proposal  ;)

:'(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
Actually if you are a true christian then there is no such thing as a gay marriage no matter what the goverment says. So, it's a no issue end of story.

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »
Actually if you are a true christian then there is no such thing as a gay marriage no matter what the goverment says. So, it's a no issue end of story.

Now you've done it...........way to go :(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:30:59 AM »
Now you've done it...........way to go :(

LOL seriously though, I was talkng to a couple of freinds of mine who are devout christian bible thumping Jesus lovers.  ;D They were mad about this whole gay marriage thing. I told them that if you really believed in the bible then there is no issue as gays can not under the eyes of God ever be married. If they believed that, then they are putting most their faith and beliefs in the Government and not Jesus.  ;) Of course this is not to say that I personally believe this, I was just trying to make a point.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »

LOL seriously though, I was talkng to a couple of freinds of mine who are devout christian bible thumping Jesus lovers.  ;D They were mad about this whole gay marriage thing. I told them that if you really believed in the bible then there is no issue as gays can not under the eyes of God ever be married. If they believed that, then they are putting most their faith and beliefs in the Government and not Jesus.  ;) Of course this is not to say that I personally believe this, I was just trying to make a point.
I agree with you 100% and am tempted to make similar arguments to the bible thumpers on this and similar issues.
But it is  as pointless as trying to start a serious dialgue on get big ::)
They have a BELIEF system , not based on logic or science but blind , obedient faith in their beliefs.
Trying to make a LOGICAL argument is NOT what they respeond to.
It is like trying to convince a drunk , why he shouldn't drink, while he is looped to the gills .

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

I was just trying to make a point.

its an excellent one you made.....

its one of those "sins" that i simply dont understand why the christiancommunity gets so worked up about. maybe it hits close to home for them because of their suppressed sexual identities, or maybe its because their own leaders indulge in the occasional "ppe pee" touch. Why would anyone care...chistian or other...what someone does in that regard. how does it affect anyone but the two that are in a relationship? christians have the idea that homosexuality (men AND women) is this perverse subculture of depravity.

guess what...

the whole world is depraved...not just homos....

besides....i think old people sex should be banned...thats some shit i dont ever want to see!!!! :-X ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
its an excellent one you made.....

its one of those "sins" that i simply dont understand why the christiancommunity gets so worked up about. maybe it hits close to home for them because of their suppressed sexual identities, or maybe its because their own leaders indulge in the occasional "ppe pee" touch. Why would anyone care...chistian or other...what someone does in that regard. how does it affect anyone but the two that are in a relationship? christians have the idea that homosexuality (men AND women) is this perverse subculture of depravity.

guess what...

the whole world is depraved...not just homos....

besides....i think old people sex should be banned...thats some shit i dont ever want to see!!!! :-X ;D
The sex issue in religion like Christianity comes down to the idea that if the organizers of the faith can control your most personal desires they then control YOUR mind.
Seriously, most follow the faith they grew up in. Why? It sure isn't genetic or biology ,but 100% cultural.
Cultural norms are learned and as one grows up, the youthful mind is more easy to influence.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »
The sex issue in religion like Christianity comes down to the idea that if the organizers of the faith can control your most personal desires they then control YOUR mind.
Seriously, most follow the faith they grew up in. Why? It sure isn't genetic or biology ,but 100% cultural.
Cultural norms are learned and as one grows up, the youthful mind is more easy to influence.

its cyclical.... it will never end. closed minds teach closed mindedness...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
I don't care what other people do in their bedroom.

I don't care about civil unions - two people growing old together does benefit society, and sure, give them the same financial benefits that married couples receive.

now, if I was with my son playing at a public park, and a boy/girl were kissing, I might not think it was a big deal.  If two grown men were embrased and swapping spit, yeah, I would take my kid somewhere else to play.  Not because I don't respect their right to do that - just because I'd rather my son try his first kiss with a girl, not with a boy.  if my son ever did go that route, I'd be a little weirded out, but if he was truly happy, the goal of this life, well then I'd be okay with it.  I'd miss grandkids though.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
I don't care what other people do in their bedroom.

I don't care about civil unions - two people growing old together does benefit society, and sure, give them the same financial benefits that married couples receive.

now, if I was with my son playing at a public park, and a boy/girl were kissing, I might not think it was a big deal.  If two grown men were embrased and swapping spit, yeah, I would take my kid somewhere else to play.  Not because I don't respect their right to do that - just because I'd rather my son try his first kiss with a girl, not with a boy.  if my son ever did go that route, I'd be a little weirded out, but if he was truly happy, the goal of this life, well then I'd be okay with it.  I'd miss grandkids though.

EXACTLY!

And I think this can also be the counter argument for christians against the idea posed by Disgusted/Howie. 

It's not that two people of the same sex are getting "married" that's the big problem, it's the projection and gross distortion of what a "family" is, or should be.  I'll admit the definition of a true father has been lost for some time but I think we're still hanging on a thread to what at least a "family" should somewhat resemble.... :-\
just not good enough

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »
A lot of people are looking in the wrong places for answers. EVERYONE needs to live their life the way they see fit and most importantly EVERYONE NEEDS TO MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND STOP TRYING TO CHANGE EVERYONE ELSE INTO BELIEVING THE WAY THEY DO!!!!!!!! 

Why make other peoples problems their own? I have enough of my own problems without messin in others affairs I have no right to meddle in.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 10:59:41 AM »
EVERYONE needs to live their life the way they see fit and most importantly EVERYONE NEEDS TO MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND STOP TRYING TO CHANGE EVERYONE ELSE INTO BELIEVING THE WAY THEY DO!!!!!!!!

But that's the American way =)

Seriously though, I couldn't agree with you more.  In regards to the Christians and their beliefs, if they were "true" Christians then they wouldn't care either way because it's not their place to judge others.  I'm not religious at all but I've read a lot of the Bible and a lot of Bhudism as well as other religious systems.  There are actually quite a few good things that Jesus said that are excellent ways to live your life, it's just said people forget all of that and get caught up in their holier than though contempt for anyone who disagrees with them.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »
But that's the American way =)

Seriously though, I couldn't agree with you more.  In regards to the Christians and their beliefs, if they were "true" Christians then they wouldn't care either way because it's not their place to judge others.  I'm not religious at all but I've read a lot of the Bible and a lot of Bhudism as well as other religious systems.  There are actually quite a few good things that Jesus said that are excellent ways to live your life, it's just said people forget all of that and get caught up in their holier than though contempt for anyone who disagrees with them.

Sounds like Bin Laden and his group...  :-[

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »
gayer than denouncing talibans viewpoint towards women.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 11:12:02 AM »
I'm a conservative Christian.........what do you think >:(!!
I think with 3 marriages to your name, you've abused the institution more than some gay couple.  8)