Author Topic: Richard Jones Looking Good.  (Read 82686 times)

bostonsliced

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Richard Jones Looking Good.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »
Ricky whats up! Thanks for teaching me the "close grip inclines"! I think i put 18 inches on my tricep....people are calling me Ernie Taylor at the gym! steve

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »
No....I just enjoy doing it. On a weekly basis, I get twisted up by dudes half my size and I just keep coming back for more. That Gracie stuff ain't no joke. Then, I'm off to tactical CQB shooting and anti-terrorism scenarios with some good buddies of mine. We shoot shotguns as well, so that is more punishment (pistol grip) on my wrists. But I'll tell ya......this stuff is NOT easy. Everything on my body hurts everyday from the stuff I do. Today wasn't so bad because I only had tactical handgun training with the new Springfield XD-9. That's why I am able to type and respond to you guys. But tomorrow, I will train legs, get twisted up after that, them off to the range later on that night for some low light scenarios. Fun, fun, fun...... I do enjoy it though.
But no interest in fighting professionally. I'm light years behind those guys, but light years ahead of someone without experience. I've always loved martial arts.
Gotta get some rest. I have a "pain-filled" day tomorrow.
Tylenol PM and I'm OUT!
Sincerely,
Richard Jones
don't you find it hard to recover from your workouts with all the extra activities?

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2006, 01:39:35 PM »
close grip inclines....i might try that sometime
never heard of it, but why not?

Peace
D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2006, 02:22:20 PM »
Richard Jones=Bizarro version of Shawn Ray.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2006, 02:26:57 PM »
Richard Jones=Bizarro version of Shawn Ray.

True... but Rich steers clear of chicks with trouser snakes.

HTH. 

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
I look forward to seeing you dominate on stage.
Richard Jones + hardwork = scary
Keep "going to work". I think we have a new Mr. O on the horizon. You will always have numerous fans because you don't take the same health risks other Pros do. Your #1 in my book.

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »
Alright....I'm back and a bit fatigued from legs and those Gracie freaks that love twisting me up. No worries, I get mine! Believe that! I try not to let them catch me with the same move twice. But sometimes, I find myself in the same position with my elbow about to be popped before I know it. It pisses me off. But each week, they're more on their toes when we get on the mat. Today was a high rep day for me for legs 50+ reps. Nothing heavy to talk about. But the burn set in rather quick. Now I'm home chompin' on some Salmon, rice and veggies. Been on a 'fish' kick lately.

Bostonsliced.....is that the "Steve" that I think it is? If so, then you need to PM me and give me your info so we can get caught up. What small world. I don't even remember that pic! I still do those by the way.

Rufjunk.....thanks! That's a HUGE compliment. I would love to be Mr. O someday, but I do NOT and WILL NOT risk my health in pursuit of that coveted Sandow. That's just me though. Others may see it different and I respect that as they do my outlook. I had the same outlook when I was a cop. Safety always came first because I wanted to go home every night at the end of my shift as well as see the light of the next day. I know sometimes you have to take risks and/or are faced with them with little or no options. But as far as bodybuilding, my health comes first, nutrition is tied with first, training is second and everything else takes a number as I see fit.

Jeffrey, HELL YES I find it hard to recover from all I do. But my body and mind just get used to it and I really don't think about being tired when I'm training, doing XMA, and especially when I have a loaded weapon in my hand. No time for the mind to fail. When my brain fatigues and I know I still have to complete my day, it allows me to reach deeper in my gut to complete the mission. We do live fire with real guns and real ammo and real-life scenarios and you are forced to make critical decisions in a nanosecond. I work with a team, so their lives depend on me as well as mine depends on them. I don't have time to think about how tired I am, what I've done during the day, or what hurts on my body. But some nights, we just do drills on rescueing hostages. Mostly, we kill or be killed.

And finally....240! You're right....I do stay clear of "chicks with trouser snakes"!!! LOL.... you're sick!

I'll post some pics (if they allow me to take photos) from the shooting stuff and the XMA. But don't laugh if you see me twisted in a pretzel by some dude that is 160lbs. These dudes are no joke! I've watch them go full speed all out and dudes were just dropping like he was exterminating roaches.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2006, 04:05:47 PM »
One thing I don't get, Rich, is why a guy of ur size is worrying about BJJ? Yes, it's good in the ring, but in a real life situation, if a guy takes u down, ur gonna elbow him in the back, head, whatever.

Do u do it just for the sport?

My mate tried some of it on me, and I reversed him and got on top. I then had the opportunity to pound his face to a pulp, but I told him we should stop before we hurt each other too bad.

I'm starting kick boxing next week. I'd rather try and stop it from going to the ground.

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »
One thing I don't get, Rich, is why a guy of ur size is worrying about BJJ? Yes, it's good in the ring, but in a real life situation, if a guy takes u down, ur gonna elbow him in the back, head, whatever.
Do u do it just for the sport?
My mate tried some of it on me, and I reversed him and got on top. I then had the opportunity to pound his face to a pulp, but I told him we should stop before we hurt each other too bad.
I'm starting kick boxing next week. I'd rather try and stop it from going to the ground.
your mate must not be any good at it then,any trained grappler should be able to take care of someone with no knowledge very quickly.

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »
rich are you actually training with any members of the gracie family?

bostonsliced

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »
Great Arm Workout! Learned a Lot! Thanks again.

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2006, 05:30:19 PM »
rich are you actually training with any members of the gracie family?

Jeffrey, this guy I study with studied directly under the Gracie family. Out of respect for him, I'll ask his permission to give out his name if he doesn't mind. But he has been studying since the early 90's. He's unreal though. He has some good size too. He weight trains as well. Of course not like a "bodybuilder". Even his girl is pretty skilled. I've watched her twist people up.

Blaster, 90% of fights end up on the ground. You can't throw effective punches when you're rolling around on the ground. As I said before, I'm also doing XMA not just BJJ. XMA involves a series of strikes and aerial moves and kicks. Being on the ground puts the best "street fighters" at a grave disadvantage. I don't know about you, but in the event that I go to the ground in a fight, I'd rather pop your elbow, wrist and shoulder out of it's socket in 5-7 seconds than spending energy trying to get up or out of a hold. Don't you watch ANY of the Gracie's fight? Ken Shamrock......great straight up striker and a very skilled ground figther=UFC Championships. I don't even have to mention the Gracie family....do I?

Good luck if you end up on the ground and some dude has skills........TAP OUT!

Bostonsliced.....now I remember! What is up? I'm runnin' late so I get back at you L8R. Hope all is well.

Oh, by the way, I do it because I enjoy it. I'm not trying to get into the "ring". But it's a great skill to possess. Especially when you're fighting Close Quarters. I'd rather take you down and choke you out within seconds before you know what hit you. Everything I do coincides with each other. As I said, we do real life scenarios that involve "mano e mano" (hand to hand) combat. Not every scenario invovles the suspects having guns. Then what...? Shoot him anyway? You have to resort to "CQB" baby CQB!

My nickname is PONDORO! If you can figure that out, let me know!

www.richardjonesusa.com

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »
Hey Richard you don't make jijitsu sound gay... thats cool man! Most guys like watching guy on guy action (especially the ones at the mma and Y boards). But you make it sound like it is actually practical in day to day situations. props to you!
just push some weight!

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2006, 08:40:20 PM »
He has a nice package  ;D

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2006, 08:51:35 PM »
1. Yeah, my mate is a beginner. I have no BJJ experience. But if it goes to the ground, I'm gonna throw a head butt before trying an arm lock, that's all I meant.

2. Yeah, I have a few MMA DVDS and I like Shamrock. He seems like a nice guy and not a tool like Tito (I know this is old news). It's just in my experience in bar work and door work, it only takes one punch to end a fight. I also got told this by a juijitsu teacher who told me there's no point rolling around on the ground if the dude's mate is gonna kick the shit outta me. I have another mate who has entered comps for BJJ and everyone says how good he is, but I reckon I'd knock him out easy (don't wanna sound like a wanker here) cause he's half my weight and not as tall as me (6'4"). I'll stick to my kick boxing and go from there. That's why it's called MMA. I just thought a big strong guy would be better at boxing and strength work.

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »

Bast175

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2006, 09:41:35 PM »
I didn't post that!

I think BSB is having fun.   :P

Bast175

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »
or is it you two forty?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »
I won a gold medal in jin-jeet-jui-kun-do-jitsu at the 2003 Special Olympics, beating out 14 other retards from 38 countries.
People who study Brazilian Jui-jitsu are morons. Why would you study a fighting style that only works in one country? I got jumped by a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt in Venezuela and his moves were useless thanks to my Venezuelan Vale Tudo skills. Of course, if we fought in Argentina it would have been close.
Special "I Made My Poodle Tap Out" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »
crazy aesthetics. good call avoiding the gh....all it does is ruin bbers. seems like a good guy as well.

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »
close grip inclines....i might try that sometime
never heard of it, but why not?
Peace
D

I do those!

Good luck Richard Jones!...don't ever lose your warmth and sincerity.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »
I'm warm and sincere :-*!

Unhooked

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2006, 11:52:02 PM »
 ;D

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2006, 12:07:09 AM »

True, it's not rocket science!!! It was the JUDGING that was wrong!!! Shawn should have won 2 of those olympias. But bodybuilding has been rewarding mass monsters for years!! And plus bodybuilding is subjective so you think what you think and I'll do the same.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2006, 12:19:42 AM »
Richard,

I didn’t open this thread before because I thought it was going to be a typical thread with some of the trolls here bashing a great Pro. I’m happy to see that has been kept to a minimum. I was pleasantly surprised to see you posting.

It’s great to see a modern Pro with the classic lines and the great aesthetics of the ironage of bodybuilding aka Vince Taylor, Bob Paris, Rory Leidelmeyer, Berry DeMey, Shawn Ray. It’s also great to read your unrelenting positive attitude. A great reminder to us all. You are a great ambassador for bodybuilding. I’m also glad to hear that you won’t sacrifice your health for a title.

Regarding close grip inclines, I’ve used them and like them. Many people from my gym use dumbbells for these, palms facing and dumbbells kept together from top to bottom. It hits them from yet another angle. 

Respect!
and keep moving!