Author Topic: Question for all  (Read 3273 times)

body88

Question for all
« on: November 21, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »
Can the problems of bodybuilding be explained by hormones and insecurity? Most all these guys have test levels 500 times greater than your average 16 year old.Hell they act like they are 16 most of the time. Also some have mental issues to put themselves through the massive drug use and diuretic use for nothing.

Bodybuilding always lends itself to obsessive compulsive people who notice every tiny detail and imperfection. Who will take it to any level to "fix" a problem.

My question is, is bodybuilding such a mess due to the drug abuse and obsessive mentality it promots?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Question for all
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »
bodybuilders are the most insecure people on earth.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 11:52:07 AM »
Read the book 'Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder'.........Great outlook on bodybuilding...
Watching The Haters

body88

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

100 percent true.....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 11:52:56 AM »
I concur. That is why we bodybuild. We're all sick.
?

body88

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »
I think bodybuilders take insecurity to a new level. Hell, everyone works out to look better. Be more appealing to the opposite sex. But what the hell drives a guy to take so much shit he distorts his body permanently. Like drug addicts almost. Enough is just never enough. I feel alot of these guys would be life time addicts if they did not bodybuild.

Dont even get me started on the women. They have some serious problems to distort themselves like they do.

An industry based on ALOT of people with problems like this can never grow?

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 11:56:16 AM »
Thats like saying all blacks are in gangs,all mexicans are lazy ect ect.I'm sure allot of people are insecure but to say bb are the most is wrong.Ask yourself why do you train are you insecure with yourself.I'm not insecure Ive always been active in sports i just fell into bb and never looked back whats wrong with that,true I'm compulsive about some things but not insecure..
p

body88

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:57:14 AM »
Thats like saying all blacks are in gangs,all mexicans are lazy ect ect.I'm sure allot of people are insecure but to say bb are the most is wrong.Ask yourself why do you train are you insecure with yourself.I'm not insecure Ive always been active in sports i just fell into bb and never looked back whats wrong with that,true I'm compulsive about some things but not insecure..

You are the minority. Bodybuilders are ultra insecure. Not all. But most.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 11:57:47 AM »
I think bodybuilders take insecurity to a new level. Hell, everyone works out to look better. Be more appealing to the opposite sex. But what the hell drives a guy to take so much shit he distorts his body permanently. Like drug addicts almost. Enough is just never enough. I fell alot of these guys would be life time addicts if they did not bodybuild.

Some of the greatest have gone down that road Bro..Quadzilla is the main one I think about when someone talks about bodybuilding and addictions....I was sad to see him never get control over his addiction... Paul DeMayo for those of you that don't know his AKA...
Watching The Haters

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »
i admit that i'm a little insecure, with my structure i'd be small as fucck if i didn't bodybuild, but i'm talking about these clowns who take every drug known to man and insulin, those guys are insanely insecure.

body88

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 11:59:33 AM »
Some of the greatest have gone down that road Bro..Quadzilla is the main one I think about when someone talks about bodybuilding and addictions....I was sad to see him never get control over his addiction...

Good point.... Look at guys like munzer. Melting his own kidney.  Prince, Flex, Long and all the other guys who knew they where killing themselves but continued. Hell, Long competed again!

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 12:00:02 PM »
yeah i know i'm sick too ;D

well when you see results you become addicted
are you delusional?

body88

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 12:00:41 PM »
i admit that i'm a little insecure, with my structure i'd be small as fucck if i didn't bodybuild, but i'm talking about these clowns who take every drug known to man and insulin, those guys are insanely insecure.

I agree. All guys who work out are a bit insecure. To a normal extent. But most pros are well beyond this point.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »
my roomate has a mercedes. he has to work his ass of to afford it. the rest of his money goes to buying expensive clothes and shit like that. personally, i could care less about material things. but i do invest a lot of time and effort on my body. now who is the insecure person? i dont think a bodybuilder is Any more insecure than an average person.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:57 PM »
I have been into bodybuilding since I was 12...When I was around 18 I got into it fulltime because I loved to see how I could improve my body month to month...I seen it as sculpting my body rather than being insecure...Because I have never done it for anyone else other than myself...
Watching The Haters

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »
Im sure to a degree yes i agree with you,wow did i says i agree with you,anyway
theres a ton who start training because in school or at home they were told your not good enough and this was there vice for getting everyone to notice them.
p

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 12:14:22 PM »
If you read some of the pros on here one thing becomes apparent. Regardless of what type of physique they possess they may still have the maturity or mental development of a child. Same with professional athletes in other sports. I'd say most of them who go to great lengths abusing drugs etc. do suffer from insecurity, obsessive compulsive traits, and perhaps body dysmorphia. Look at what Greg Valentino and Derek Anthony have done to themselves. Are these the actions of people who are healthy in mind and spirit and wish to exercise for health benefits or are these extremely insecure individuals seeking validation in "big" muscles?
Some people who bodybuild have the right idea. They are extremely secure and confident and bodybuild as a way of perfecting the physical aspect of life. Training the muscles etc. has a great benefit in the functioning of the body. These people also address other areas such as sound mental health, relationships and so forth. Unfortunately, people doing it for the right reasons seem to be few and far between when it comes to the competitive level of extreme bodybuilding. Sorry for the long post.

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »
my roomate has a mercedes. he has to work his ass of to afford it. the rest of his money goes to buying expensive clothes and shit like that. personally, i could care less about material things. but i do invest a lot of time and effort on my body. now who is the insecure person? i dont think a bodybuilder is Any more insecure than an average person.

You are correct. That would be considered normal. What I am refering to is how most pros take it to the extreme. Distorting there bodys for life. Taking massive doses of drugs. That is more a sign of mental problems or severe insecurity.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 12:17:48 PM »
If you read some of the pros on here one thing becomes apparent. Regardless of what type of physique they possess they may still have the maturity or mental development of a child. Same with professional athletes in other sports. I'd say most of them who go to great lengths abusing drugs etc. do suffer from insecurity, obessive compulsive traits, and perhaps body dysmorphia. Look at what Greg Valentino and Derek Anthony have done to themselves. Are these the actions of people who are healthy in mind and spirit and wish to exercise for health benefits or are these extremely insecure individuals seeking validation in "big" muscles?
Some people who bodybuild have the right idea. They are extremely secure and confident and bodybuild as a way of perfecting the physical aspect of life. Training the muscles etc. has a great benefit in the functioning of the body. These people also address other areas such as sound mental health, relationships and so forth. Unfortunately, people doing it for the right reasons seem to be few and far between when it comes to the competitive level of extreme bodybuilding. Sorry for the long post.
you're exactly right, it always amazes me how easy it is to get a "pro" to meltdown, one comment about an undersized bodypart, some gay for pay rumor, drug use, weak training program and they go absolutely apeshit, i think i've made almost every pro meltdown at one time or another, it's as easy as shooting fish in a barell, it makes you wonder if they're like that in real life, if that's the case most of them will see a jail cell at one point in their life.

body88

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »
If you read some of the pros on here one thing becomes apparent. Regardless of what type of physique they possess they may still have the maturity or mental development of a child. Same with professional athletes in other sports. I'd say most of them who go to great lengths abusing drugs etc. do suffer from insecurity, obsessive compulsive traits, and perhaps body dysmorphia. Look at what Greg Valentino and Derek Anthony have done to themselves. Are these the actions of people who are healthy in mind and spirit and wish to exercise for health benefits or are these extremely insecure individuals seeking validation in "big" muscles?

Great post...  If a person bodybuilds to further there health and strenthen there body and mind that is what it is all about. But how many guys would you see in the gym if women did not care about a man being in shape. Or if that was not considered the male ideal? Not many people woprk out for the reason you posted above or for the love of it. It is all about the pussy. Which is fine. But we have to be honest! This post does not include athletes who train for there sport.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 12:18:54 PM »
You are correct. That would be considered normal. What I am refering to is how most pros take it to the extreme. Distorting there bodys for life. Taking massive doses of drugs. That is more a sign of mental problems or severe insecurity.
Yes but in order to compete thats a requirement.more drugs :-[
p

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 12:21:02 PM »
you're exactly right, it always amazes me how easy it is to get a "pro" to meltdown, one comment about an undersized bodypart, some gay for pay rumor, drug use, weak training program and they go absolutely apeshit, i think i've made almost every pro meltdown at one time or another, it's as easy as shooting fish in a barell, it makes you wonder if they're like that in real life, if that's the case most of them will see a jail cell at one point in their life.

Isn't it a true definition of insecurity to try to get others to "meltdown" over the internet and be proud of it??? LoL...I am not trying to offend ya Bro, but that is a true definition lol...
Watching The Haters

body88

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »
Yes but in order to compete thats a requirement.more drugs :-[

Right, but at what point does one realize they are killing themselves. Or changing there physical features to cartoon like proportions. One would think a person would see this?

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »

Right, but at what point does one realize they are killing themselves. Or changing there physical features to cartoon like proportions. One would think a person would see this?

Its just like any addict will tell ya...You never know when enough is enough...There is no realization to it Bro...
Watching The Haters

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »

They'll see it as soon as judges start awarding 1st place to people with aesthetic physiques who aren't loaded to the gills with slin and GH.