Author Topic: Vinny Galanti...official, just signed with Pro Division Incorporated  (Read 20391 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Vinny Galanti...official, just signed with Pro Division Incorporated
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 06:14:36 PM »
Ah...........Welcome to the Pros, I guess? ???

Vinnie dwarfs you ::)

LifterChick

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 06:32:01 PM »

London & Vinny Galanti will likely earn more money this year from PDI and PDI-based endeavors, endorsements & appearances than at least 2/3 of the IFBB Pros will.   Lee Priest and RJ are looking at way bigger payouts than they would have at the IFBB shows or the O, where they wouldn't get a second look.  We all know Gary Strydom got very rich, among other pros, for making the jump to the WBF.  Just because there *might* be politicial ramifications down the road *if* the PDI fails *within* these mens' competitive windows is no reason to ignore the lucrative opportunities that exist RIGHT NOW for athletes.

Where exactly is all this money going to come from?

Unless Wayne has heavyweight sponsors lined up, it's all smoke and mirrors.

240 has a psychic link with Wayne Demilia’s dog so the inside information that he has is top notch.
Grade A poodle.

midwaymonster

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 07:08:34 PM »
Ah...... At last check, correct me if I'm wrong Keith, but aren't MOST of the guys making up the new PDI former IFBB Pro's who at their age probably wont change who they are? :-\
Introucing New Pro Members of the PDI to Professional BBing:
Rookie Pro- Lee Priest
Making his debut appearance on the Pro Circuit at 50 years old, Vince TaylorBusting onto the PDI Pro Circuit still wet behind the ears- Sherry Tamali
Cagey new Rookie, all the way from out of Retirement- Jack London!
Fresh new face on the BBing scene, forgetting the 10yrs in the amatuers- Vinny G!
Presenting promoter Extraordinair for the 1st time in Professional BBing- Wayne Demilia!
Good luck to all you New Rookies!
bring Respect back to the industry by being better than the losers over in the IFBB like: Cutler, Coleman, Badell & Jackson!

Shawn were you not the one always crying about how thing have to change! Every 'Battle for the Olympia" tape your part sounds the same each year! I am glad that this will give guys a chance to have a fresh stage to compete on. I think it is a good thing! Good luck Vinny!

midwaymonster

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 07:10:15 PM »
Shawn I always liked you when you competed and I think you speak very well when I hear you on pro bodybuilding weekly, I really think you won at least 2 olympia's both 90 and 94...hell, maybe even 96.  I loved you're training articles and I really like you in all the BFTO that I have.  With that said, you come off like a real dick on these boards.

I agree!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »
In between hating on the IFBB maybe you should have at least wished Vinny congrats.
Your losing perspective, as am I.

I have already congratualed Vinny and I think he'll attest to that.  I think he is a great addition to the PDI.  And after all those years of trying to and from what I have read should have made it in the pros, in the first year alone he will traveling around Europe and I am sure doing more magazine shoots from being in the PDI than he would ever in the IFBB(if he ever made it).  That is what the PDI is great for, it is giving the opportunity for the guy who should have made it in the IFBB a second chance.  Anyone (other than 2 or 3) under 210 pounds as an IFBB pro makes nothing in competiton.  And being a pro and being short means as much as taking second place in the 100 yeard dash in the SPecial Olympics.  Other than the top 10 maybe 12 guys in the IFBB, their is absolutely no future for a carreer.  Unless you like taking 2nd place or below like our esteem resident pro, then the PDI offers more shows and more opportunity to get somewhere in BB, make endorsement deals, compete more and travel the world.  Wayne is paying for many of the BB to go to Europe and compete.  How many does Weiner, AMI, IFBB pay for?  Exactly NONE!  Where is the downside here.  For the guys who support the IFBB great, but how can you put down PDI for giving the BB a second chance.  I find it amazing.  There are many reasons why the IFBB is getting ragged on by me and many others including many may pros.  But the PDI so far has done nothing but appearing it is going to be a great thing for BB.  Yet a select few want to diss it just because it's here.  They haven't done one thing wrong to any BB.  The Weiners have many years of being shitty to their BB's.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »
BBing.com is already signed up as a sponsor.

Hence by Bob Chick has STFU on the boards lately and started to talk about Wayne on the show, despite saying he wouldn't.

dee1975

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 10:28:12 PM »
Congrats vinny. ;D
 Shawn, i was a big fan of yours from the beginning of your career.Your misguided loyalty to a federation over the sport itself is transparent.Why mock other pro's as if they aint in your league.Your yesterdays news, these guys are tomorrows champions and stars, remember that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2006, 10:28:53 PM »
Congrats vinny. ;D
 Shawn, i was a big fan of yours from the beginning of your career.Your misguided loyalty to a federation over the sport itself is transparent.Why mock other pro's as if they aint in your league.Your yesterdays news, these guys are tomorrows champions and stars, remember that.

quadruple pwnage from a former fan.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2006, 10:33:22 PM »
Strydom was a millionaire before he ever signed a WBF contract...

clothing company?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 10:39:43 PM »
Strydom was a millionaire before he ever signed a WBF contract...

yeah, but getting a 150-200k contract back in 91 was a decent chunk o change.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 10:59:32 PM »
Where exactly is all this money going to come from?

Unless Wayne has heavyweight sponsors lined up, it's all smoke and mirrors.

You guys seriously, just because you don't hear about them doesn't mean they aren't there.  Believe me, there are some very very big sponsors for the PDI.  Do you honestly think Wayne doesn't have connections.  Maybe yes maybe no about a HUGE sponsor for millions, but yes many smaller BIG sponsors will make it up.

There are two big articles (7+ pages) in MD and MM coming out in May and June I think.  That will speed up the ball for additional sponsors.  AMI IS NOT the only game in town with publications.  And in Europe they barely make a ripple.  Instead of hating and trying to convince yourself that PDI will be a failure, maybe you should think about how cool it's going to be to have more contests, in more locations (closer to you) and now better judging and more competiton.  Not the same old story.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006, 12:04:35 AM »
You guys seriously, just because you don't hear about them doesn't mean they aren't there.  Believe me, there are some very very big sponsors for the PDI.  Do you honestly think Wayne doesn't have connections.  Maybe yes maybe no about a HUGE sponsor for millions, but yes many smaller BIG sponsors will make it up.

There are two big articles (7+ pages) in MD and MM coming out in May and June I think.  That will speed up the ball for additional sponsors.  AMI IS NOT the only game in town with publications.  And in Europe they barely make a ripple.  Instead of hating and trying to convince yourself that PDI will be a failure, maybe you should think about how cool it's going to be to have more contests, in more locations (closer to you) and now better judging and more competiton.  Not the same old story.

Well Keith....contrary to what you've stated earlier, BB.com won't be one of them.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 12:21:17 AM »
The night of champions is shaping up to be a snore-fest... Who the hell is gonna bother PAYING to attend this contest?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2006, 03:44:49 AM »

Well Keith....contrary to what you've stated earlier, BB.com won't be one of them.

Actually that was 240 who said that originally

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2006, 04:27:45 AM »
BBing.com is already signed up as a sponsor.

Hence by Bob Chick has STFU on the boards lately
and started to talk about Wayne on the show, despite saying he wouldn't.

Actually Rob, no offense, but Bob has probably been quiet lately as he has a show in a few days. When I am a few days out I don't even go to work, let alone get online.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2006, 04:34:52 AM »
I have already congratualed Vinny and I think he'll attest to that.  I think he is a great addition to the PDI.  And after all those years of trying to and from what I have read should have made it in the pros, in the first year alone he will traveling around Europe and I am sure doing more magazine shoots from being in the PDI than he would ever in the IFBB(if he ever made it).  That is what the PDI is great for, it is giving the opportunity for the guy who should have made it in the IFBB a second chance.  Anyone (other than 2 or 3) under 210 pounds as an IFBB pro makes nothing in competiton.  And being a pro and being short means as much as taking second place in the 100 yeard dash in the SPecial Olympics.  Other than the top 10 maybe 12 guys in the IFBB, their is absolutely no future for a carreer.  Unless you like taking 2nd place or below like our esteem resident pro, then the PDI offers more shows and more opportunity to get somewhere in BB, make endorsement deals, compete more and travel the world.  Wayne is paying for many of the BB to go to Europe and compete.  How many does Weiner, AMI, IFBB pay for?  Exactly NONE!  Where is the downside here.  For the guys who support the IFBB great, but how can you put down PDI for giving the BB a second chance.  I find it amazing.  There are many reasons why the IFBB is getting ragged on by me and many others including many may pros.  But the PDI so far has done nothing but appearing it is going to be a great thing for BB.  Yet a select few want to diss it just because it's here.  They haven't done one thing wrong to any BB.  The Weiners have many years of being shitty to their BB's.

it's about time they were treated with some respect onlyme

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2006, 06:42:32 AM »
wayne and vinny are made guy's in the stugats Family !
CENSORED BY RON !

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2006, 06:54:13 AM »
Shawn I always liked you when you competed and I think you speak very well when I hear you on pro bodybuilding weekly, I really think you won at least 2 olympia's both 90 and 94...hell, maybe even 96.  I loved you're training articles and I really like you in all the BFTO that I have.  With that said, you come off like a real dick on these boards.
he's a short, fat, bald guy. What do you expect?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2006, 11:45:37 AM »
BBing.com will be a sponsor, Bob.  Not sure if you didnt' get the memo...

Thats what I heard too but I didn't want Bob all over my shit again.  I don't want him to blame me for not winning the show this week.  I want him to concentrate.  But it will be interesting seeing him working the booth at the NOC.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »
maybe he'll get a cream pie inthe face

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2006, 12:52:18 PM »

Hahahaha...poor Bob ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2006, 06:14:36 PM »

Thats funny...As I sat down with the CEO of BB.com this past weekend and we mapped out the shows we would be adding and appearances, etc....we specifically discussed that we WOULD NOT be sponsoring the PDI event.

Even funnier is that you think you're "in the loop".....your not.

I got your memo.....RIGHT HEEEEEEERE!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 06:19:47 PM »
Thats funny...As I sat down with the CEO of BB.com this past weekend and we mapped out the shows we would be adding and appearances, etc....we specifically discussed that we WOULD NOT be sponsoring the PDI event.

Even funnier is that you think you're "in the loop".....your not.

I got your memo.....RIGHT HEEEEEEERE!!

You dwarf me. ::)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »
he's a short, fat, bald guy. What do you expect?

Defcon just mentioned he's a Short, fat, baldguy.    The humility, is christlike. :D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2006, 06:25:40 PM »
Defcon just mentioned he's a Short, fat, baldguy.    The humility, is christlike. :D

Bless him.