Author Topic: cutler, coleman and levrone posing together at mr olympia 2001  (Read 9654 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: cutler, coleman and levrone posing together at mr olympia 2001
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 05:58:18 PM »
  Having a better physique doesn't mean you should win. You have to present your physique in the best light in the last two rounds and Cutler didn't do that.

LMFAO Ronnie is a terrible poser and always has been , he can barely do the mandatroies , bottom like Ronnie knows he lost that one so should you .

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 05:59:53 PM »
LMFAO Ronnie is a terrible poser and always has been , he can barely do the mandatroies , bottom like Ronnie knows he lost that one so should you .
ronnie never lost it.     and ronnie is a great poser.   
d[-_-]b actin all cool

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 06:01:19 PM »
ronnie never lost it.     and ronnie is a great poser.   

Yawn!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »

Ronnie posed with more heart. He deserved the win.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 06:03:52 PM »
  Ronnie posed with more heart. He deserved the win.

lol heart

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »
lol heart

He also posed with more desire and soul.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 06:10:48 PM »

He also posed with more desire and soul.

He won because God made it happen , because its all part of " Our Fathers Plan "

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »
He won because God made it happen , because its all part of " Our Fathers Plan "

Better for Coleman to win than godless Jay Cutler who lives in Sin City. ;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »
i guess ronnie looked like the clear winner.

Cutler won that show. The Ronnie of 98 and 99 was a clear winner, but in 2001 he was nothing special:the same size as in 99, but with less striations, details, separations and conditioning. When they are roughly equivalent in size, Cutler beats Ronnie flat out:his structure and long muscle bellies trounce Coleman. Ronnie's game is mass; Cutler's is a classical taper WITH mass. After Wheeler retired, Cutler was updraded to the status of most genetically gifted bodybuilder on the pro circuit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 07:48:58 PM »
  Cutler won that show. The Ronnie of 98 and 99 was a clear winner, but in 2001 he was nothing special:the same size as in 99, but with less striations, details, separations and conditioning. When they are roughly equivalent in size, Cutler beats Ronnie flat out:his structure and long muscle bellies trounce Coleman. Ronnie's game is mass; Cutler's is a classical taper WITH mass. After Wheeler retired, Cutler was updraded to the status of most genetically gifted bodybuilder on the pro circuit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

apparently you didn't see Jay and Ronnie comparing BACKS that year ::)

If its close from the front, but Night and Day from the back, its an obvious win.

Everytime I see pics/videos from 2001 I can't figure out why it was as controversial as it was.

ps - obviously Jay had better conditioning - he failed the diuretics test. He should have been DISQUALIFIED never mind winning.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2006, 07:56:15 PM »
Cutler's is a classical taper WITH mass

I hope that line was a joke - Jay has a classical taper? BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

jay has NEVER had a classical taper..Ronnie has had one back in the day.
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »

I hope that line was a joke - Jay has a classical taper? BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

jay has NEVER had a classical taper..Ronnie has had one back in the day.

You misunderstood me. What I mean is that Jay has an almost perfect skeletal structure, resembling Casey Viator's, with the long muscle bellies of Wheeler and Oliva. As far as waist-to-shoulder ratios goes, Ronnie does have it beeter than Cutler. But unfortunately, Ronnie stopped taking advantage of this since the 99 O:after that, all of his O showings were marked by an increased waist.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S:I don't even like Cutler, but I give credit where credit is due...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006, 09:29:10 PM »
  You misunderstood me. What I mean is that Jay has an almost perfect skeletal structure, resembling Casey Viator's, with the long muscle bellies of Wheeler and Oliva. As far as waist-to-shoulder ratios goes, Ronnie does have it beeter than Cutler. But unfortunately, Ronnie stopped taking advantage of this since the 99 O:after that, all of his O showings were marked by an increased waist.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S:I don't even like Cutler, but I give credit where credit is due...
not true....in 2002 he came in with a smaller  than in 2001, and in 2005 his gut was considerably smaller than its been since 2002. and his waist has always been very tiny.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 10:20:01 PM »
Look at Shawn Ray in the back. Whatever he's doing it's probably sneaky and ratish. Can anyone find that snitch picture?

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 01:04:02 AM »
i am with hulkster on this..ronnie definetly had the size advantage and when coleman and cutler were comparin their arms in the front duoble bicep,ronnie smokes him.also in the sie chest poses,ronnie wins all the way.ronnie lost onl y in one pose that is the abs and thigh pose.cutler won that pose for sure.......but in all the back poses  coleman was definetly winning.it was a close call but ronster did win fair and square.......
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 01:29:49 AM »

If its close from the front, but Night and Day from the back, its an obvious win.

Everytime I see pics/videos from 2001 I can't figure out why it was as controversial as it was.

ps - obviously Jay had better conditioning - he failed the diuretics test. He should have been DISQUALIFIED never mind winning.

You can't look objectively at Coleman and thats why you can't think he'd lose  ;) Jay outclassed Coleman on that day and it still remains One of the most controversial Mr Olympia contests since 1980 and if you want to get techincal Jay failed the diuretics test sued and won because the test wasn't preformed in an IOC lab  ;) and that same contest didn't Ronnie have a U.S. flag and props are forbiden by the IFBB so he should have lost that round just based on that !! Coleman got beat outright .

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 03:36:54 AM »
To all who said Ronnie is a great poser

PLEASE LAY DOWN THE PIPE
I am a mini beast

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 04:39:58 AM »
Jay might win the 'relaxed' pose or whatever but when watching the video it becomes clear that ronnie is better put together. He has way more detail and shape, which does not mean he wasn't smooth or watery or whatever which he was, but Ronnie doesn't just have bigger arms, chest and back they all have more shape and detail and nice lines. Jay's whole upper body lacks striations.

Jay has always been a fridge, and he actually has quite a weak chest. He looks more striated in the ass than ever here though, so a close call by all accounts but Ronnie is bigger AND has superior shape and detail to the max, just a bit watery.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 10:41:03 AM »
ronnie totally outposed Jay

E
E

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »
You can't look objectively at Coleman and thats why you can't think he'd lose  ;) Jay outclassed Coleman on that day and it still remains One of the most controversial Mr Olympia contests since 1980 and if you want to get techincal Jay failed the diuretics test sued and won because the test wasn't preformed in an IOC lab  ;) and that same contest didn't Ronnie have a U.S. flag and props are forbiden by the IFBB so he should have lost that round just based on that !! Coleman got beat outright .
first of all..realize that hulkster isnt the only one saying that ronnnie won. andthen realize that im totally unbiasd and that i became a bodybuilding fan in dec of 04...so when making my opinions on thepast contests im going solely by what ive seen, not on prior opinions.       then realize that from the fron ronnie and jay were equal in size, but ronnie had better quality muscle.   just look at the arm seperation on the man form those pics.   that i salo part of bodybuilding, if it were not rhul would win all the contests. and secondly, you say jay was better conditioned...well he might have been holding less water, but ronnies glutes and hams were still shredded while jays were n ot.    plus ronnie beat jay outright inn all the back poses.   ronnie easily won.

...also, if it isnt even as controversial as when arnold won the olympia back in 1980...than its obvious that ronnie did win because with close inspection arnold did infact bveat all those jealous losers like zane ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »
i have never doubted for a second that Jay won that show. To all the hardcore coleman fans, you say he won because of his back but what about the front? Jays quads and abs destroyed Ronnies, his legs were superior as a whole, his chest was at the very least on par and his arms were also very good. OK so he didnt have a better back, but back is 1 bodypart. Overall Jay completely destroyed ronnies myth that he couldnt be beaten, but the politics that have plagued the progress and the validity of this sport wouldnt allow their number 1 to lose.

Why was it that Ronnie alone was allowed to use props when there was a complete ban on them, and why was he given 10 minutes to pose as opposed to everyone elses 2 minutes? That show stunk of being a fix but it also propelled Jay to superstardom. Hes been playing catch up ever since and has ruined his physique because of it.
Scouser on Tour

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006, 03:00:23 PM »
but back is 1 bodypart.
but it is emphasized in 3 of the 7 mandatory poses (no most muscular back then)....

(front lat, back lat, back double bi)

so, to say it is only one bb is a little misleading - it is perhaps the most important bodypart as a result of this.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006, 03:07:53 PM »
first of all..realize that hulkster isnt the only one saying that ronnnie won. andthen realize that im totally unbiasd and that i became a bodybuilding fan in dec of 04...so when making my opinions on thepast contests im going solely by what ive seen, not on prior opinions.       then realize that from the fron ronnie and jay were equal in size, but ronnie had better quality muscle.   just look at the arm seperation on the man form those pics.   that i salo part of bodybuilding, if it were not rhul would win all the contests. and secondly, you say jay was better conditioned...well he might have been holding less water, but ronnies glutes and hams were still shredded while jays were n ot.    plus ronnie beat jay outright inn all the back poses.   ronnie easily won.

...also, if it isnt even as controversial as when arnold won the olympia back in 1980...than its obvious that ronnie did win because with close inspection arnold did infact bveat all those jealous losers like zane ;D

Only the delusional are saying Ronnie won , and this statement from you
ronnie easily won.
prove right here you don't know what you're talking about , he didn't win easy in the least he was trailing SIX points going into the evening show , for a Mr Olympia that was UNHEARD of and he ended up " winning " by just 4 points , so that contest was anything but easy for him , 2001 Olympia was a joke on par with 1980 and 1981 Olympia , Ronnie knew he lost .

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 04:54:50 PM »

Jay beat Ronnie in the pre judging rounds. The ONLY reason Jay lost was because he had a average posing routine (the first time ever that a posing routine cost somebody the Olympia  ::) )

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 05:20:11 PM »
alright you fuckin morons...looka t this:    close from the front, but destroyed in every pose from the back.      thmeans that ronnie won!!! goddamn you guys are fuckin losers.
d[-_-]b actin all cool