Author Topic: Where is Edgar Fletcher now a days? he should join PDI  (Read 13772 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Where is Edgar Fletcher now a days? he should join PDI
« on: April 16, 2006, 09:42:10 PM »
why didn't he get his pro card again??   he's killing ronnie on that  first pose..wait ron can do that post...

carpe` vaginum!

AGB

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Where is Edgar Fletcher now a days? he should join PDI
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »

Good call.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 11:04:24 PM »
 Nice peak on the biceps!

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:52:59 PM »
Edgar Fletcher was awesome.That picture of him doing a front double bi hitting a vaccum in black and white is awesome, he is surronded by photographers

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 11:59:42 PM »
well is he still big?

does he still train..

poor guy shoulda won the nationals SOOOOOO many times..

they blamed his diet but people AT THE shows said he shoulda won and the mags only printed the pix that he looked bad in...who knows...maybe he refused to suck weider cock..

he looks better than many pros
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 02:06:35 AM »
http://body.builder.hu/kepnagy.htm4?NAGYKEP=977004377

Thats the picture. Yeah look at the difference though between that picture and the set from which the top picture was taken. He put on a lot of mass, whether it was quality is different story.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 02:33:56 AM »
well is he still big?

does he still train..

poor guy shoulda won the nationals SOOOOOO many times..

they blamed his diet but people AT THE shows said he shoulda won and the mags only printed the pix that he looked bad in...who knows...maybe he refused to suck weider cock..

he looks better than many pros

Edgar Fletcher isn't an IFBB pro, because he was never able to peak when it mattered most.

As for the Weider spiel, I can name several bodybuilders who were NOT Weider athletes that beat Fletcher en route to turning pro: Dave Fisher, Jeff Poulin, John Simmons, Don Long

Those three men won the IFBB North American Championships in 1993, 1994, and 1996, respectively. Long won the Nationals in 1995. NONE OF THEM, to my knowledge worked for Weider.

There are almost always those "would have, could have, should have" bodybuilders. Fletcher is on that dubious list, along with Matt Mendenhall, Rory Leidmeyer, and Rico McClinton.

Some bodybuilders just perservere, until they make it. Maybe Fletcher should take a hack at the Masters Nationals.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 02:50:32 AM »
Took Chick 13 years to turn pro and then another 6 to win a show.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 03:01:39 AM »
atleast now he can tell people he won a title.
but we all know he was given the title.  poor guy.  he deserved it actually.
similar to an honoraria.  thanks, oh and by the way, here's a little something
from the blue blazers to thank you for past and future endeavors.

of course all the old men should join the PDI now.  vince taylor gives the PDI legitimacy.
IFBB in decline phase now. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 06:52:31 AM »
why didn't he get his pro card again??   he's killing ronnie on that  first pose..wait ron can do that post...

As incredible as it seems, Fletcher went from having a wasp waist to having an extremely blocky midsection.

Basically: He fcuked up.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 07:20:46 AM »
Monster traps
I am a mini beast

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 07:35:18 AM »
Monster traps

for all intents Edgar should have won at least 2 nationals that I can think of off the top of my head.  The year Jerry Rogers won, I believe it was 91, Edgar looked outstanding, I remember thinking "how did this guy loose" and the 93 nationals when Chris Duffy won..I will never believe Duffy beat Edgar that day, ever.  I've really never heard one person say that they thought Duffy won that night, yes he was ripped but he was skinny compared to Edgar.  Edgar also looked real good at the 94 USA before he had to pull out..from there he never really recovered the way he should have.  There were a couple of North American's where the show was basically given to him and he blew his conditioning sooooo bad they couldn't do it.
nasser=piece of shit

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 08:19:37 AM »
for all intents Edgar should have won at least 2 nationals that I can think of off the top of my head.  The year Jerry Rogers won, I believe it was 91, Edgar looked outstanding, I remember thinking "how did this guy loose" and the 93 nationals when Chris Duffy won..I will never believe Duffy beat Edgar that day, ever.  I've really never heard one person say that they thought Duffy won that night, yes he was ripped but he was skinny compared to Edgar.  Edgar also looked real good at the 94 USA before he had to pull out..from there he never really recovered the way he should have.  There were a couple of North American's where the show was basically given to him and he blew his conditioning sooooo bad they couldn't do it.

Jerry Rodgers won the heavyweight class in 1990; Alq Gurley (light-heavyweight) won the overall that year.

Kevin Levrone won the heavyweight and overal title in 1991; BTW, there was a certain guy from Texas who competed in that show; He ended up representing the USA at the IFBB World Amateur Bodybuilding Championship (aka Mr. Universe), winning the heavyweight title and turning pro. I wonder what happened to him? ;D

The year Chris Duffy won the heavyweight class was 1992; John Sherman (also a light-heavyweight) won the overall that year.

1993 belonged to Mike Francois; Fletcher placed third, I think, behind Francois and Dennis Newman.

As for the North American shows, I listed a couple them, where Flecther competed, the last of which, I believe, was 1996. He placed third, ahead of Gerard Dente and Frank Sepe but behind Garret Downing and heavyweight (and eventual overall) champion, John Simmons.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »
to be of his caliber and lose the North American Championships, you've gotta mess up BAD! i know Paul Dillett lost in his first attempt. Flex magazine said that his routine was so short and so aweful that they refused to let him win. By the next year he was so good that they said that even if he had fell of the stage, he still would have won . . .

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »
Jerry Rodgers won the heavyweight class in 1990; Alq Gurley (light-heavyweight) won the overall that year.

Kevin Levrone won the heavyweight and overal title in 1991; BTW, there was a certain guy from Texas who competed in that show; He ended up representing the USA at the IFBB World Amateur Bodybuilding Championship (aka Mr. Universe), winning the heavyweight title and turning pro. I wonder what happened to him? ;D

The year Chris Duffy won the heavyweight class was 1992; John Sherman (also a light-heavyweight) won the overall that year.

1993 belonged to Mike Francois; Fletcher placed third, I think, behind Francois and Dennis Newman.

As for the North American shows, I listed a couple them, where Flecther competed, the last of which, I believe, was 1996. He placed third, ahead of Gerard Dente and Frank Sepe but behind Garret Downing and heavyweight (and eventual overall) champion, John Simmons.

well there ya go, sorry I had my years wrong...I go by memory and maybe it's getting a little shakey.  I coulda sworn John Simmons won the overall in 93 when I typed the original message but your years sound right so I'm sorry for supplying faulty information.

The simple fact of the matter is that Edgar really needed to hook up with someone like Chris Aceto or even The Chad and he probably could have won a national level show...

Wasn't the 1996 North America's the show where Gerard Dente got royally screwed in the hw class?  I remember reading about it in musclemag...everyone seemed to think he got screwed cause he worked for twinlab at the time..
nasser=piece of shit

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »
man that guy was a freak. capriese murray reminiscient. (spelling?)
d[-_-]b actin all cool

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 09:45:10 AM »
to be of his caliber and lose the North American Championships, you've gotta mess up BAD! i know Paul Dillett lost in his first attempt. Flex magazine said that his routine was so short and so aweful that they refused to let him win. By the next year he was so good that they said that even if he had fell of the stage, he still would have won . . .

The year Stan Mccrary won should have been Edgars year.  I remember seeing pics of that show and shaking my head..he blew that one bad.  There was no one at that show that should have been able to carry his jock and he just blew it.  It was horrible.

Now Dillet is another story..from what I remember it was only his 2nd show and he showed up with Mike Christian, who was in the WBF at the time and basically had the attitude that the show was his and he didn't even really have to try...well Ray Mcneal should never have been able to stand next to Paul and he beat him..I think it was just to put Paul in his place.
nasser=piece of shit

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 09:46:22 AM »
There was some beef between Fletcher and Titus, and in a Flex mag,  Titus had responded and said the reason why Edgar didn't beat him and doesn't have a pro card is because Edgar would come in smooth. Which was true. He had freaky shape. Anybody have that pic of him with the photographers around him, and he is doing a most muscular, back stage.

You have to remember the standards back them were a lot higher, and you had to be ripped. The guys today who get their pro cards like Chris Cook, would be third tier amatuers back then.

Well, at least Edgar can say he was in a RightGuard Commerical, versus Titus being a murder suspect.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »
titus talks about Edgar in his 96 video...he's talking to the guy who used to write for musclemag, maybe he still does, the guy who loved Rory and was hyping the shit out of his comeback.  Anyway, thier talking and the reporter knows someone who might be working with Edgar and Titus says something like "no, leave him alone...he'll screw up all by himself"  and says he's smooth and a bunch of other stuff.  They fueded for a little while after the 96 USA but nothing really became of it...
nasser=piece of shit

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 11:41:44 AM »
titus talks about Edgar in his 96 video...he's talking to the guy who used to write for musclemag, maybe he still does, the guy who loved Rory and was hyping the shit out of his comeback.  Anyway, thier talking and the reporter knows someone who might be working with Edgar and Titus says something like "no, leave him alone...he'll screw up all by himself"  and says he's smooth and a bunch of other stuff.  They fueded for a little while after the 96 USA but nothing really became of it...

Edgar may have been smooth, but Titus had no chest. I'd rather be smooth than to miss a whole bodypart.

Titus was always cocky, but he didn't start threatening people (and sucker punching) till after he came out of prison...

I think Edgar would have had a better career in the pros than Titus. Edgar had a freaky physique and great arms.

There is a pic in the 1998 Flex (the issue that covered the 1998 O) it had Ronnie Coleman on the cover doing dumbell rows. In the issue ( this section was about arms) Edgar is wearing a Superman blue Polo shirt with the arms torn off. That pic was off the hook.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 11:58:09 AM »

FWIW. The writer Craig was talking to was Jason Mathis. Cool guy. And you're right he was a huge Rory fan.
a

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 12:05:50 PM »
does Jason Mathis still write for Musclemag?

as for the whole Titus vs. Edgar thing...yes, I agree Edgar probably would have done better in the pro's but the physique Craig showed on the pro stage was not the same as the one he presented when he won the usa.  Download that video from 96-or buy it and you'll see that Craig was in incredible shape for that show.  Too bad he went to prison and when he came out he played the mass game.  he never was able to attain that quality he had in 96.

I don't know how old Edgar is but he might still be young enough to do some damage if he wanted too.
nasser=piece of shit

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 12:11:46 PM »
Negative. Although they still frequently use his photos.
a

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 01:54:04 AM »
well there ya go, sorry I had my years wrong...I go by memory and maybe it's getting a little shakey.  I coulda sworn John Simmons won the overall in 93 when I typed the original message but your years sound right so I'm sorry for supplying faulty information.

The simple fact of the matter is that Edgar really needed to hook up with someone like Chris Aceto or even The Chad and he probably could have won a national level show...

Wasn't the 1996 North America's the show where Gerard Dente got royally screwed in the hw class?  I remember reading about it in musclemag...everyone seemed to think he got screwed cause he worked for twinlab at the time..

This all started in Muscular Development-Fitness-Health about 10 years ago. John Romano, in his "Rage Page" claimed that Dente got screwed (Romano used a much stronger words). Problem is that Romano, by his own admission in that article, did NOT attend the North American. He based his take on photos taken from the show. Dente was working for Twinlab at that time, and given MDFH's beef with the IFBB and the Weider Publications, this stuff made for great gossip and rumor-mongering.

Romano crossed the line, however, when he stated that John Simmons, the heavyweight and overall champion, sought out Dente and actually told him that Dente should have won the show.

MuscleMag International was IMMEDIATELY blitzed by letters from fans, who were at the North American. They stated that Romano was lying through his teeth. Simmons did NOT apologize to Dente or even hint that Dente should have won the show. From the fans' perspective based on the letters, Simmons was the winner hands down, with virtually no one disputing the decision (no boos, no cat-calls, nothing).

John Simmons was much more polite, in his letter; but, he stated unequivocally that he DID NOT APOLOGIZE to Dente or anyone else for his win. In fact, Simmons chronicled his long road to the pros, to make the point that, if anyone were at a disadvantage, it was he.

Compared to some of his competition, Simmons was a relative unknown. Some of the heavyweights at the North American were just coming off some high placings at the USA. Furthermore, at least three of the top five heavyweights had major supplement companies backing them (Gerard Dente, with Twinlab; Frank Sepe and Edgar Fletcher with MET-Rx); Simmons had no such major backing, though he was working with Scott Abel and a fledging supplement company.

To top it all off, those men were seasoned heavyweight competitors; whereas, Simmons was making his debut as a heavyweight, after years of competing as a light-heavyweight, where he won his class at the NAC twice (1991, 1992) and the USA (1993) but couldn't quite nab that overall title.

Abel convinced Simmons that the reason he hadn't turned pro was that he had developed too much size and quality and was shaving off precious muscle, coming into shows smooth and flat, killing himself to make light-heavyweight. Simmons reluctantly took Abel's advice and worked with the famous Canadian trainer. The rest is history.

As MDFH was morphing into All-Natural Muscular Development and loathing all things related to a certain bodybuilding organization (after all, that particular pro qualifier is the IFBB North American Championships), it's no surprise as to how such a rumor can get started.

FYI - the year Stan McCrary won the North American was 1995; Dave Fisher took it all in 1993, when another "bridesmaid", Rory Leidmeyer was virtually given the titles by certain magazines. As it turns out, Leidmeyer never showed up at the NAC. He tried the Nationals, instead, and got clobbered.