Author Topic: Give Rhino (Jack London) a chance with the PDI  (Read 3014 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Give Rhino (Jack London) a chance with the PDI
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »
I've been reading a lot of the post lately regarding whether Rhino should have been given a pro card or not.   I think its a valid question and although a lot of people don't think so, I actually think he should.

Rhino and many other bodybuilders is one of many bodybuilders basically shunned by the NPC and IFBB simply because they compete in the NABBA.  Some people think its a low grade organization but its been around for 50 years and the competition is just as tough, if not tougher than the NPC Nationals.

Now the NABBA is most widely popular overseas in the European countries.  Because of this most NABBA USA competitors are at the disadvantage at the World Championships because they have to fly over on an airplane which definitely affects conditioning but most troubling is just like the IFBB and NPC, the judges are going to favor and generally give the nod to a Europeon competitor.  In other words, the deck is more stacked against American competitors than anyone else.  In the NABBA, you have to compete against people across the globe, the NPC Nationals however is USA only competitors. 

Rhino did win the NABBA North America so he essentially beat everyone else on the same geographical scale as the NPC Nationals.  In addition, he was in the top 3 at the Worlds so considering the obstacles of a foreigner competing in a European dominated show is pretty substantial.

So I say, let the Rhino take the PDI pro stage.  Even though he has a slim to none of winning many shows, he's better than some of the IFBB pros out there.  Give the man a chance folks. 

A

growthfactor

• Getbig III
  • I HATE EVERYTHING!!!
Re: Give Rhino a chance
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »
hey vince, did you compete in NABBA as well?

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »
can't...resist...the urge..to rip on Vince...must resist...must resist........
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »
Leave Vince alone guys.

He has a great point about how American competitors are at a disadvantage because they have to fly on a plane which messes up their conditioning.

I mean it is not everyone from here travels via plane to get there. We normally just canoe across the Atlantic Ocean ::)

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »
hey vince, did you compete in NABBA as well?

Close.  He is a pro competitor in NAMBLA.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »
Rhino is one of the good guys - give him a break and let him prepare for his contest - I personally think he has a very competitive physique and I hope he does well - he's a good guy and a huge bb and that should be good enough for the rest of you

if you need to pick on a pro, pick on Shawn - he likes it

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 11:21:28 PM »

Vince - One thing to note is that there is only a token NABBA presence in the U.S.  Add to that the fact that there are two different European federations using the NABBA name and you can understand why it's tough to keep all the NABBA stuff straight from an America perspective. 

Jack's got a quality physique and belongs on the PDI stage. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 11:50:36 PM »
If Rhino (Jack London) did win the NABBA North America, and Wayne (PDI) wants him and accepts his asking to become a pro, then that is all that matters. End of story. Jack London will prove is worthyness as a pro on stage.

RHINO290

Re: Give Rhino (Jack London) a chance with the PDI
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »
I've been reading a lot of the post lately regarding whether Rhino should have been given a pro card or not.   I think its a valid question and although a lot of people don't think so, I actually think he should.

Rhino and many other bodybuilders is one of many bodybuilders basically shunned by the NPC and IFBB simply because they compete in the NABBA.  Some people think its a low grade organization but its been around for 50 years and the competition is just as tough, if not tougher than the NPC Nationals.

Now the NABBA is most widely popular overseas in the European countries.  Because of this most NABBA USA competitors are at the disadvantage at the World Championships because they have to fly over on an airplane which definitely affects conditioning but most troubling is just like the IFBB and NPC, the judges are going to favor and generally give the nod to a Europeon competitor.  In other words, the deck is more stacked against American competitors than anyone else.  In the NABBA, you have to compete against people across the globe, the NPC Nationals however is USA only competitors. 

Rhino did win the NABBA North America so he essentially beat everyone else on the same geographical scale as the NPC Nationals.  In addition, he was in the top 3 at the Worlds so considering the obstacles of a foreigner competing in a European dominated show is pretty substantial.

So I say, let the Rhino take the PDI pro stage.  Even though he has a slim to none of winning many shows, he's better than some of the IFBB pros out there.  Give the man a chance folks. 

Thank you for the support. You have renewed my faith in people, and have given me the opportunity to keep positive about getbig.

I thank you very much..... now I can go to the gym tonigh with some positive thoughts.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 07:55:48 AM »
Thank you for the support. You have renewed my faith in people, and have given me the opportunity to keep positive about getbig.

I thank you very much..... now I can go to the gym tonigh with some positive thoughts.
yeah now you can go blast those monstrous 17 inch arms to 17 and a quarter.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

RHINO290

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 08:33:32 AM »
If Rhino (Jack London) did win the NABBA North America, and Wayne (PDI) wants him and accepts his asking to become a pro, then that is all that matters. End of story. Jack London will prove is worthyness as a pro on stage.

Well said.......

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:32 AM »
Nabba,wabba,have some freak's and if you followed them would see they have some great physique's represented all over the world.it's tough for their pro's to break in u.s.so give rhino a break.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 09:38:14 AM »
yeah now you can go blast those monstrous 17 inch arms to 17 and a quarter.

AHAHHAHAAHAHAH!!!!   

MOS

RHINO290

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 09:46:50 AM »
Jack, honestly, how insecure must you be to give a flying fuck what anyone on here has to say?  You do realize they would never say any of this to your face right?  My only guess is that you are relatively new to message boards and are only letting it get to you because of that.

Yes, relatively new, and you are not the only one who has said this to me, i need to take the advice,

thanks,

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 09:52:15 AM »