Author Topic: Quest Bars = magic!  (Read 3820 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Quest Bars = magic!
« on: April 28, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
They say net carbs at 3g per bar...
Since they have like 17g unsoluble fiber. When low carbing is this ok, or do they still illicit a mega insulin response eventhough they only have 1g of sugar or less

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Quest Bars = magic!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »
The cookie dough ones lately have been odd tasting and hard to open!
w

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »
I've eaten them while dieting, always stayed lean, I'd make 2 quest bars as one of my daily meals even. Never thought I'd get tired of them, ever. But eventually did. I threw out the equivalent to about 5 boxes not long ago.
?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:44:50 PM »
Love Quest bars, but I've laid off of them recently and only use them for pure convenience instead of eating them daily in between meals. They taste pretty damn good especially if you put them in the microwave for a few seconds. I get 50g or more of fiber a day through my regular diet, so I kinda wish these bars didn't have so much of it, but I know it's basically its base and makes the bar what it is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »
We sell them in the gym. Try baking them for about 5-10min at 350.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 11:09:33 PM »
fart bars are the best! Take them before a hot date for best results!

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 11:11:11 PM »
have a Snickers and a scoop of BCAAs in water.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 03:31:01 AM »
Love Quest bars, but I've laid off of them recently and only use them for pure convenience instead of eating them daily in between meals. They taste pretty damn good especially if you put them in the microwave for a few seconds. I get 50g or more of fiber a day through my regular diet, so I kinda wish these bars didn't have so much of it, but I know it's basically its base and makes the bar what it is.

Do u think they spike insulin though? Can you eat a couple a day while stayig low carb?

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 04:13:46 AM »
lol only 4g of carbs my ass look at how sweet they are ad LOL at claiming  so much fiber...wasn't there a class action lawsuit filed last year against their bogus  claims??

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 04:31:31 AM »
i dont like to chew on bars

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 04:45:26 AM »
Pure garbage.  Eat real food.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 04:59:17 AM »
Pure garbage.  Eat real food.

Real food doesnt taste nearly as good as cookie dough quest bro

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 07:50:25 AM »
lol only 4g of carbs my ass look at how sweet they are ad LOL at claiming  so much fiber...wasn't there a class action lawsuit filed last year against their bogus  claims??

I was told last week they're still fighting the lawsuit. Doesn't look good for them at all.
I tried keto dieting while eating these bars and it didn't work. There's no way your insulin doesn't spike when you eat that garbage. Sure, they taste great, and I'll eat a few while bulking/not caring what I eat, but if I'm getting on stage or even getting in shape for the beach I'm not touching these bars with a 10 foot pole.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »

it's not, it's an imo fiber, it doesnt get digested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomaltooligosaccharide

Buy your own vitafiber and make your own, it's a 2\3 raio of whey\vitafiber for homemade questbars

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
I was told last week they're still fighting the lawsuit. Doesn't look good for them at all.
I tried keto dieting while eating these bars and it didn't work. There's no way your insulin doesn't spike when you eat that garbage. Sure, they taste great, and I'll eat a few while bulking/not caring what I eat, but if I'm getting on stage or even getting in shape for the beach I'm not touching these bars with a 10 foot pole.

did you test your BS levels before making this statement?
?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »
did you test your BS levels before making this statement?

Nope. Just going by how I felt/what I looked like. I cut them out of my diet and almost instantly started holding less water. I also notice when I get kicked out of ketosis I'm dragging ass in the gym, but while in ketosis my energy levels are stable. I don't buy into "net carbs" if you want to lower carbs stop eating shit that has carbs in it. Yes, fiber is important, and I get plenty from broccoli, asparagus, and romaine lettuce. If you are allowed to have a certain amount of carbs a day then I'm sure quest bars are just fine to fill those requirements. I also wish their labels were accurate, when calories don't add up its not a good sign.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 09:14:36 AM »
Those bars break teeth.  You burn extra calories trying to chew on them.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »
Nope. Just going by how I felt/what I looked like. I cut them out of my diet and almost instantly started holding less water. I also notice when I get kicked out of ketosis I'm dragging ass in the gym, but while in ketosis my energy levels are stable. I don't buy into "net carbs" if you want to lower carbs stop eating shit that has carbs in it. Yes, fiber is important, and I get plenty from broccoli, asparagus, and romaine lettuce. If you are allowed to have a certain amount of carbs a day then I'm sure quest bars are just fine to fill those requirements. I also wish their labels were accurate, when calories don't add up its not a good sign.

so an extra 35 gr of so said carbs and you notice more water? The calories of 2 bars are damn low. Anyway, I felt great when eating them, not sure if it was from sugar as you suggest or just feeling so good because I was happy to eat them while cal restricted.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of this. If they lied, fuck I'll be dissapointed and never trust any bar company again, ever.
?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 09:22:09 AM »
so an extra 35 gr of so said carbs and you notice more water? The calories of 2 bars are damn low. Anyway, I felt great when eating them, not sure if it was from sugar as you suggest or just feeling so good because I was happy to eat them while cal restricted.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of this. If they lied, fuck I'll be dissapointed and never trust any bar company again, ever.

I have nothing against people eating the bars, and if they feel good on them and they don't stall their progress, then great! For me, I'd rather stick to real food and if I need a sweet treat I'll have plain greek yogurt with WF pancake syrup. But I don't have much of a sweet tooth to begin with, I'm a sucker for savoury/fatty foods, which is perfect when keto-ing  ;D

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 09:22:44 AM »

dont buy net carbs? where'd you get your doctorate from again?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »

Lolllll

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »

Lol no doctorate, just personal experience. Again, YOU can believe the net carbs thing if that works for you. I simply can't. I get at least my minimum fiber intake for the day out of greens and the rest is proteins and fats when dieting. I just don't find the need to eat processed food when trying to get as lean as possible. As much as I'd like to believe that IMO fiber + whatever sweeteners they use don't cause an insulin spike, from personal experience that hasn't been the case.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »
I haven't eating a "bar" in years.

They are tasty though.

Coach is right, warm them up in the oven for 5 minutes and they are easier to consume.

8)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »
Lol no doctorate, just personal experience. Again, YOU can believe the net carbs thing if that works for you. I simply can't. I get at least my minimum fiber intake for the day out of greens and the rest is proteins and fats when dieting. I just don't find the need to eat processed food when trying to get as lean as possible. As much as I'd like to believe that IMO fiber + whatever sweeteners they use don't cause an insulin spike, from personal experience that hasn't been the case.

how is a quest bar "processed food" all natural ingredients here, or am I  missing something?
?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
They are awesome for quick protein when I can't stop and eat a meal at work.
 “I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power, I’m told. That’s why I’m compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar.”