Author Topic: Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'  (Read 14546 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
You know that NYC and LA are the huge exceptions as far as living expense is concerned and you know I do not agree with you on the "average" salary comparisons you've presented before.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
hahahah elitist fool, and since when was making 125,000 a year middle class?  Most middle class who make 20 - 40 thousand a year get a lot of there money back they pay in taxes.  You rich people rather have the lesser or people with less money dead!  Jewish to the core.

A moron and an Anti-Semite to boot. :D

Newsflash: I'm not Jewish. However, it is nice to know that you liberals, you so-called understanding, tolerant, and all inclusive imbeciles continue to be the biggest racists in the world. :-*

EDIT: I've gotten word that you're some idiotic teenager living with mommy and daddy.

Message received.

Real life is simply going to destroy you, little boy.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
"I am an old Republican. I am religious, yet not a fanatic. I am a free-marketer; yet, I believe in the role of the government as a fair evenhanded referee. I am socially conservative; yet, I believe that my lesbian niece and my gay grandchild should have the full protection of the law and live as free Americans enjoying every aspect of our society with no prejudices and/or restrictions. Nowadays, my political and socio-economic profile would make me a Marxist, not a Republican."

You can believe all of these things, but you shouldn't be calling yourself an old Republican.

It might be time to redefine yourself.

"               "

That's not my job. That's for you to think about.

Just be honest with yourself and the rest will fall into place.

Personally, I don't know how anyone can live from day to day without knowing with absolute certainty who they are and what they believe. ???

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
hahahah elitist fool, and since when was making 125,000 a year middle class?  Most middle class who make 20 - 40 thousand a year get a lot of there money back they pay in taxes.  You rich people rather have the lesser or people with less money dead!  Jewish to the core.

Also coach just calls anyone who disagrees with him or someone who makes a good point young, stupid or lazy also likes to ask how much money they donated, all of which has nothing to do with the argument just to distract from him not actually answering the question.

Sorry dude, but middle class is minimum $80,000/year $20,000 a year !?! that's called poverty.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Sorry dude, but middle class is minimum $80,000/year $20,000 a year !?! that's called poverty.

I'm seriously having a hard time trying to comprehend the thought process of people who think along the same lines as jtsunami.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I'm seriously having a hard time trying to comprehend the thought process of people who think along the same lines as jtsunami.

Just watch MSNBC, an Obama speech, Romper Room, Sesame Street, or any other brainless crap and you will get a good idea.   

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
According to the Social Security administrator, the medium American wage for 2008 was 41,000.00.  This means the middle class occupy +/- $10,000 on each side.  Lower middle class @ 30,000.00 and upper middle class in the $50 to 100,000 range.  By the government statistics "wealthy" would start around $125,000.00.  Now this is the medium for all Americans regardless of regional cost of living differences.  Obviously $125,000 a year means a great deal more in Lousiana then it does in New York.

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/AWI.html

It does tend to show a serious discrepancy in wealth accumulation because adjusted for 2008 inflation the $40,000 would've been considered 'lower class' status in the 1950s and 1960s.  What this means is that your parents were able to do more with their money (at the medium) range with one working partner then you can do now with two.  You can also contrast the personal family debt levels between then and now and see a mathematically smooth function by Big Business, Big Government and the Federal Reserbver to deplete the average American's savings/wealth through the increasing of the money supply.  Inflation is the greatest enemy of the common people and the greatest weapon of the elites and politicians.  It makes you "feel" wealthier but actually diminshes your purchaing power.
Ironically, in the 1950s you could buy a loaf of bread for a quarter (90%silver in pre 1965 coins).  Today, that same silver quarter is worth $3.00 (silver content alone) and that will, ironically, buy you a loaf of bread.   What does that mean?  Let's take a look.
There are three variables in that transaction.
 1) the seller's goods (bread)
 2) the buyers goods (silver)
 3) the value of the currency (amount marked on the coin)
In 1950 the .12grams of silver (amount in a pre1965 Quarter) was worth to the seller the amount of materials + labor it took to bring that one loaf of bread to market.  In 2010, that same transaction with a silver quarter still holds true except that we have a "currency" (Federal reserve note/coin) that acts as an intermedieary.  That FRN has a value assigned to it through a complicated process that continually enriches the elite bankers and continually erodes the value of FRNs you have in your wallet or savings account.  
A 2010 quarter has only about 5% of the purchasing power of the 1950's quarter yet the actual commodities changing hands (silver for bread) is consistent.  That 60 year disparity has been achieved by increasing the amount of quarters 'currency' in cirulation as well as removing the silver content 'the desired attribute' from the coin.
  What this means is that whoever controls the circulation of currency (private Fed bank) plus the lawful composition of coinage (congress) have conspired against the American public for decades.
  In a "free" market you can take your silver, or goat, or grains and exchange them with another person for bread, gold, wine, cows, whatever.  The transaction happens instantly and both parties leave more or less satisfied.  there is no continuing of debt or third party exchange meeded to balance everything out.  In the 2010 market you give your FRNs to a seller.  These notes come to you (the public) with a debt attached in the form of interest payments.  By trading your FRNs to BestBuy for that TV you are giving that seller private debt in exchange for a physical commodity.  Now that seller is forced to exchange that FRN debt to another seller to 'reap' the benefit of the primary transaction.  We all play hot-potato with the private debt.  The debt itself can never be repaid by the American public because the debt requires the same FRNs for payment, this means we have to borrow the same currency to repay the debt, which comes with more debt, which means we have to borrow more...ad infinitum.
  The more americans borrow currency to live the more currency needs to be available so the Congress raises the legal debt cailing each year and the Fed Prints the FRNs...this increase of supply dilutes the FRNs you're holding right now and drives up the cost of living.  This type of economic culture encourages spending (getting rid of FRNs as fast as possible since they lose value over time) and discourages savings.  Your 5% interest bearing savings account will never keep up with the real yearly inflation cost.  This means that Americans are almost consripted to have to spend.  

Change your thoughts and you change your life.  Debt is slavery.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
CHARLOTTE - Even by President Obama's loquacious standards, an answer he gave here on health care Friday was a doozy.

Toward the end of a question-and-answer session with workers at an advanced battery technology manufacturer, a woman named Doris stood to ask the president whether it was a "wise decision to add more taxes to us with the health care" package.

"We are over-taxed as it is," Doris said bluntly.

Obama started out feisty. "Well, let's talk about that, because this is an area where there's been just a whole lot of misinformation, and I'm going to have to work hard over the next several months to clean up a lot of the misapprehensions that people have," the president said.

He then spent the next 17 minutes and 12 seconds lulling the crowd into a daze. His discursive answer - more than 2,500 words long -- wandered from topic to topic, including commentary on the deficit, pay-as-you-go rules passed by Congress, Congressional Budget Office reports on Medicare waste, COBRA coverage, the Recovery Act and Federal Medical Assistance Percentages (he referred to this last item by its inside-the-Beltway name, "F-Map"). He talked about the notion of eliminating foreign aid (not worth it, he said). He invoked Warren Buffett, earmarks and the payroll tax that funds Medicare (referring to it, in fluent Washington lingo, as "FICA").

Always fond of lists, Obama ticked off his approach to health care -- twice. "Number one is that we are the only -- we have been, up until last week, the only advanced country that allows 50 million of its citizens to not have any health insurance," he said.

A few minutes later he got to the next point, which seemed awfully similar to the first. "Number two, you don't know who might end up being in that situation," he said, then carried on explaining further still.

"Point number three is that the way insurance companies have been operating, even if you've got health insurance you don't always know what you got, because what has been increasingly the practice is that if you're not lucky enough to work for a big company that is a big pool, that essentially is almost a self-insurer, then what's happening is, is you're going out on the marketplace, you may be buying insurance, you think you're covered, but then when you get sick they decide to drop the insurance right when you need it," Obama continued, winding on with the answer.

Halfway through, an audience member on the riser yawned.

But Obama wasn't finished. He had a "final point," before starting again with another list -- of three points.

"What we said is, number one, we'll have the basic principle that everybody gets coverage," he said, before launching into the next two points, for a grand total of seven.

His wandering approach might not matter if Obama weren't being billed as the chief salesman of the health-care overhaul. Public opinion on the bill remains divided, and Democratic officials are planning to send Obama into the country to persuade wary citizens that it will work for them in the long run.

It was not evident that he changed any minds at Friday's event. The audience sat politely, but people in the back of the room began to wander off.

Even Obama seemed to recognize that he had gone on too long. He apologized -- in keeping with the spirit of the moment, not once, but twice. "Boy, that was a long answer. I'm sorry," he said, drawing nervous laughter that sounded somewhat like relief as he wrapped up.

But, he said: "I hope I answered your question."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/04/obamas-17-minute-2500-word-res.html
Obama has to be the biggest fool of a president the US has ever had. Bar none. He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Obama has to be the biggest fool of a president the US has ever had. Bar none. He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

He thinks he can play basketball.....I have an open challenge out to him.....I would break his ankles with a crossover and throw all his shots in the weeds!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He brings a war on the middle class taxpayer and anyone who works.  Check this gem out. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
He thinks he can play basketball.....I have an open challenge out to him.....I would break his ankles with a crossover and throw all his shots in the weeds!
He strictly appeals only to the "black folk". That's why Opra loves him so much.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He strictly appeals only to the "black folk". That's why Opra loves him so much.

Only if they are unemployed.  I cant imagine and working person supporting this idiot. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Hey Geniuses!!! (Coach, Body, and Danny)

THE WOMAN DID NOT SAY OBAMA WAS PAYING HER MORTGAGE!

God Damn you're all idiots.

She said, she didn't feel she would "HAVE TO WORRY" about those things with Obama becoming President.

Stop fucking spinning it.

She did not say, on any level, that Obama was paying for it.

Fuck you guys for outright lies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How about this one TU? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama owns congress and the white house.

Despite FOX working 24/7, he just passed healthcare and the stim bill.  The DOW is about to hit 14,000.   his approval rating is at 49% today.

He's in pretty decent shape.  If mis-labeling a 2-year old clip from an Obama supporter is the far right's current move, it shows they're looking back, and not looking fwd.

Obama sure isn't looking back at 2007 or 2008.  He's looking fwd to his agenda.  And whether you feel his legislation/moves are very good or very bad... he's getting shit done from his 'to do' list.  The far-right isn't getting much done these days.  Fundraising sucks.  Their top voices are flakes like Palin and Michael Steele and michelle Bachmann.  They should be earning TONS of money - and they're not.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Yes, those are a couple of idiots... Straight Ghetto bitches.

Leaches on society obviously.

Doesn't change the fact that the video that you guys keep posting and the context in which you use it is slanted at best and an outright lie at worst.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
240 a/k/a/ Julio - are you going to vote for Obama in 2012?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I voted Bob Barr in 2008.

I'll hopefully get to vote Thune or Pawlenty in 2012.

I'm not gonna vote Palin, sorry.  She supported capping emissions.  She supported the Bailout Bill.  She supported the Amnesty Bill.  Her state had the highest debt ratio when she left office.  She's a spend happy lib who loves her guns.  That's it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What if we have a Getbig.com petition to write you in for President in 2012? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
TU:  What about this Gem? 

Playboy

• Getbig V
TU:  What about this Gem? 

Typical ghetto bitch with no job, no life, no education looking for free bees from the US government.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Would you hit it? 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Typical ghetto bitch with no job, no life, no education looking for free bees from the US government.

Quite obviously a parody.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
That's not my job. That's for you to think about.

Just be honest with yourself and the rest will fall into place.

Personally, I don't know how anyone can live from day to day without knowing with absolute certainty who they are and what they believe. ???

" A quotation is the repetition of one expression as part of another one, particularly when the quoted expression is well-known or explicitly attributed (as by citation) to its original source, and it is indicated by (punctuated with) quotation marks."  ::) ::) ::) Just to make sure you finally understand that wasn't my point of view.

"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Quite obviously a parody.

How do you know that?  

Is this a parody?