Author Topic: Advice please regarding a new overly-friendly neighbour?  (Read 8775 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Advice please regarding a new overly-friendly neighbour?
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »
I live in a Victorian house in central London (most of which were converted into flats in the 1970s.

I have a new (two floors above) neighbour who has mailed to me (in the post!  with a stamp on it brought by the postman!) the following:

Dear LINDA I Hope we Can become very Good Friends Or?  LINDA you sound A very Nice woman And I Do mean That' AND I really Do like you So much.  I hope we Can have A Cup of TEA Together OR Spend The DAY Together' And I Do really mean that LINDA

from? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
cliff
(TAKE CARE)

it's all written in childish script and I'm flipped out, it's too creepy.

I should be used to this by now
but everytime I smile in the wrong way at some idiot bloke and they take it the wrong way, I get upset.

I must respond to this, so how should I?

Yours truly
xxxLinda

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Advice please regarding a new overly-friendly neighbour?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »

Dear LINDA I Hope we Can become very Good Friends Or?  LINDA you sound A very Nice woman And I Do mean That' AND I really Do like you So much.  I hope we Can have A Cup of TEA Together OR Spend The DAY Together' And I Do really mean that LINDA

cliff

Linda...next time i'm in London ...i swear i'll PM you......with my woman's permission of course.....

i think it'll be a fun interesting time if you actually say yes to hanging out for a bit  :)

you r facking funny! 8)
carpe` vaginum!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:30:46 PM »
Only one way to handle these type of people.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »
whats with the random "?" in the letter?

you do the same in some of your posts...is that a british thing?

any who I think a swift kick to the nards would get your message across fine  ;D

i kid, i kid...just tell him you dont look at him like that he is obviously shy and if you step up and put him in his place he probably wont even make eye contact with you anymore lol

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
Easy

Just find the biggest guy you know and have him pop round to your place a few times ensuring that Cliff sees this.

Walk arm in arm and look together. Cliffy will get the message.

Even better if your friend takes the letter around to Cliff and explains that you are not available.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
I live in a Victorian house in central London (most of which were converted into flats in the 1970s.

I have a new (two floors above) neighbour who has mailed to me (in the post!  with a stamp on it brought by the postman!) the following:

cliff
(TAKE CARE)

it's all written in childish script and I'm flipped out, it's too creepy.

I should be used to this by now
but everytime I smile in the wrong way at some idiot bloke and they take it the wrong way, I get upset.

I must respond to this, so how should I?

Yours truly
xxxLinda

Does he come across this way in person (childish)?  He's obviously very shy.  Maybe he is somewhat mentally disabled ???
:

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
show up naked..kick the door down...and steal all the cereal, and pop tarts in the house while screaming "WOLVERINES!!!"

problem solved...

bench

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
show up naked..kick the door down...and steal all the cereal, and pop tarts in the house while screaming "WOLVERINES!!!"

problem solved...

bench
hahahahha sounds like my kind of woman

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »

problem solved...

bench

can we add pooping in a tupperware container and leaving it in the fridge to it?
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »
thanks.  it's so easy for you guys

sadly, this is an upstairs new neighbour whom i must not offend in any way whatsoever.  

obviously when i was younger and beautiful, it happened all the time, at work, everywhere.  i began to learn that it's extremely difficult if not impossible to have straight male platonic friends.  I learned to deal with it with a sense of humour and then hugely compliment their egos, whilst politely saying thanks but no thanks.  

men will hit on you whilst your partner has his back turned and we must learn to cope.
I once tried burping and farting and picking my nose, but even that didn't seem to work.

& this is a neighbour !  Too creepy.  He will be looking out his back window at me in my garden in the summer...

Easy

Just find the biggest guy you know and have him pop round to your place a few times ensuring that Cliff sees this.

Walk arm in arm and look together. Cliffy will get the message.

Even better if your friend takes the letter around to Cliff and explains that you are not available.

that would be so wonderful.  but Cliffy wouldn't have come on to me had i had a 6'2" footballer brother.  

saddos only come on to vulnerable single women and bullies only bully sensitive people, that's the way of the world.

whats with the random "?" in the letter?

you do the same in some of your posts...is that a british thing?

??? of course.  i have a mac.  if you do 3 exclamation marks you get a daft smiley face on a PC...

Linda...next time i'm in London ...i swear i'll PM you......with my woman's permission of course.....
i think it'll be a fun interesting time if you actually say yes to hanging out for a bit  :)
you r facking funny! 8)

of course Toxi.  you'll be staying in a posh hotel with a big expenses account and i'd be perfectly safe.  i have no doubts that you're a proper gent and i'd have no quandaries whatsoever.  you'll be back on a plane in a few days after all.  & I'm certain you're trustworthy and probably as much fun as me.  anyways, you'd be working hard during the day and have very little time to waste.  we'd do something mad (the type of thing Londoners do only when tourists visit, like the London Eye, I've never been on that...

xxxL
I'm going to type out a polite note saying thanks for your sweet kind letter... it's only taken me a week, so by this time Cliffy will likely be pleased with any response i care to make?

and yes, I reckon he must be mentally challenged, either that or a refugee or maybe straight out of jail, they're the only people who get social housing these days.  oh well.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »

of course Toxi.  you'll be staying in a posh hotel and i'd be perfectly safe.  i have no doubts that you're a proper gent and i'd have no quandaries whatsoever.  you'll be back on a plane in a few days after all.  & I'm certain you're trustworthy and probably as much fun as me.  anyways, you'd be working hard during the day and have very little time to waste.  we'd do something mad (the type of thing Londoners do only when tourists visit, like the London Eye, I've never been on that...

yes i'll be at some poshish hotel...i cant go all out posh if my girl is not along..one with a clean bathroom shall do.....i have to visit pakistan one last time...my grandmother is old...i'm required to visit..(maybe)...so it wont be me buzy during the day.....i WOULD wanna do all the silly tourist things..piccadilly square :D..and maybe eat at a gordon ramsey resturant...and an indian/paki place..i hear paki and indian food is better in the UK...and i wanna see a woman in a burka ..walking down the street....i hear about that on the teli...i wanna witness this bullshit

i can pretty much guarantee anyone i wont be travelling to teach...i did that 3 years ago...to london..to romania (of all friggin places)....to dubai...and what not...i HATED it...apparently i miss my girl something terrible when i'm away

and o btw..the "of course Toxi" in bold is not wasted on me...it is a honour to be trusted  :)
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
i WOULD wanna do all the silly tourist things..piccadilly square..and maybe eat at a gordon ramsey resturant...

How about Piccadilly Circus or Trafalgar Square ?  lol

xxxL

I've lived in two of these gorgeous Victorian converted houses in London, this one's just new to me, I recently moved here after 19 years at my previous home.  I'm so lucky to have cheap rent from a social landlord in Central London.  But we sure do get all types.

In my last flat a truly horrid man moved in next to me.  Did my head in.  Another neighbour (Irish Gypsy lady with long flaming red hair) told me to put salt on his doorstep and he'd die.  So whilst shovelling show and I'm the only one who does that, I threw salt about.  And yes, he died.  Scary.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
My new neighbour Cliffy is one of those British/African Carribean men who wear all that black with red yellow orange and green Haille Sailasse stuff with all the accessories dangling, like plastic Africa pendants, earrings and matching hats?

The women in burkas with 3 kids in tow will drive you mad.  Although I have no issues with people dressing as they wish (after all, look at the tv and pop stars and teenagers nowadays: go figure what deeply religious women might think of us?)  But here where I live, there are more women in full on covered black head-to-toe garb than white women nowadays.  You can't smile at them...

There's a trendy Ramsay venue a few streets away from me.  I don't think it's gone under yet.  Book your hotel in W9 or W11, (it's 30 mins from Getquick airport) okay, and come and sort Cliffy out for me...

Pakistan is on the way to London or viceaversa?  Guess you're planning to do a stopover? (it's a 9 hour bad jetlag flight from here to there...

take care
madly
xL

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »
The women in burkas with 3 kids in tow will drive you mad.  Although I have no issues with people dressing as they wish (after all, look at the tv and pop stars and teenagers nowadays and go figure what deeply religious women might think of us?)  But here where I live, there are more women in full on covered black head-to-toe garb than white women nowadays.  You can't smile at them...

u should be more peeved... ;D

There's a trendy Ramsay venue a few streets away from me.  I don't think it's gone under yet.  Book your hotel in W9 or W11, (it's 30 mins from Getquick airport) okay, and come and sort Cliffy out for me...
i'll stay as close to port as i can..then just travel in cab...its just plain easiest..

Pakistan is on the way to London or viceaversa?  Guess you're planning to do a stopover? (it's a 9 hour bad jetlag flight from here to there...

pakistan is on both ends...unless you take quatar air...but i have no need to go to the middle east..the whole pakistan thing is up in the air...i honestly should not go if i need my clearance...but my grandma is old...we'll see...but i DO intend to visit london in maybe september...i have a few couzins i wanna see
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:10 AM »
u should be more peeved... ;D

Quite honestly darlin', I can't see the point.  I just don't do peeved.  I'm too old and too jaded and also too apt to be mis-judged for my own misdemeanors..

I've started composing my response to Cliffy (love that you Getbiggers have advised me to call him Cliffy, that'll put him in his place !

"Dear Cliffy
Thanks so much for your sweet and kind letter received last week.  I look forward to together being the best neighbours in our wonderful community"

But I'll need to explain to everyone (and him) that my reasons for being nice to him go far and beyond what he sadly imagines.  We've had flooding from the flats above and he's only just moved in there.  We need to get access to his flat and get the plumbers 'round.  He doesn't know this having just moved in and he's probably busy still unpacking and having a welcome party which noone has shown up to.  The reason I was nice to him and gave him my phone number (but why did he have to write!) was so that we could arrange a date to get the plumbers in.  Maybe he didn't understand me and was just watching my lips move.  I've seen this kind of behaviour for years upon years:  My boss would take me to lunch just to watch me eat the yummy food he was paying for.  I understood that at the time and licked my lips and said thanks so much.  This is a little bit more complicated.

thanks though for your help and advice and understanding
madly
xxxLinda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
as close to port as i can..then just travel in cab...its just plain easiest..

1)  London isn't a port any longer, there are 3 or 5 airports here now though.  Try to fly into Gatwick?  Then get to a hotel in Zone 1...  W2, W11 or here in W9...
2)  Taxis cost £30 ($50) for 10 or 15 minutes in this dire traffic (and you could cycle that in 2 minutes) so take a bus or the tube to get about (just don't travel at rush hour).  Don't >>>DO NOT flash your money about, they'll double the prices, then laugh at your funny accent.
3)  I said Gatwick is 30 mins on the tube.  You just travel light, small case, take the blue tube line to Central London and you can get anywhere from here without paying ostentatious cab fares.  You can walk to most places.  The big red buses are wonderful.  Then you take the tube £2.60 back to the airport.

please don't be a tourist, be a friendly neighbour instead !

with mad love
xxxLinda

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:14:38 PM »

1)  London isn't a port, there are 3 or 5 airports here though.  Try to fly into Gatwick?
2)  Taxis cost £30 for 10 minutes in this dire traffic (and you could cycle that in 2 minutes) so take a bus or the tube to get about (just don't travel at rush hour).  Don't DO NOT flash your money about, they'll double the prices, then laugh at your funny accent.
3)  I said Gatwick is 30 mins on the tube.  You just travel light, small case, take the blue tube line to Central London and you can get anywhere from here without paying ostentatious cab fares.  You can walk to most places.  The big red buses are wonderful.  Then you take the tube back to the airport.

please don't be a tourist, be a friendly neighbour instead !

with mad love
xxxLinda

i shall take your advice...i've been to london...but i have never BEEN to london...i've stayed at a hotel...eaten at that hotel...taken a cab back to the port....been here lotsa times at a hotel teaching ...
...ok how do i put this....
 i have been to london but it ws soooo long ago.....i wanna GO to london as an adult..not as a wishy washy adolescent or as an IT guy living and dying a hotel life... :-\

and i prefer to go into heathrow...

....gatwick ...not a big fan of Linda....
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
You're right and I'm wrong.  I haven't been near an international airport since before 9/11...
I've only just renewed my passport.

So I'd forgotten or blanked it out.  It's the other one you want, our local one Heathrow, that's 30 minutes on the tube.

You are so very right:  Gatwick is awful, it's far too far away from London.

I'm all mixed up, (trying to figure out plumbing issues in the 2 flats above me).  So all of a sudden I can't get my head around where the two major London airports are or what they're called or how far away they are...

edit/add:  Perhaps I'd forgotten because I've just remembered this:  I once drove to the farthest airport to meet a NewYorker mate flying into Gatwick.  I had recently moved home after a year in NYC, invited her to come visit here and she did.  So I was driving my Mum's car.  When I finally found her, fast asleep on a bench in Arrivals, I said, look we're closer to Brighton Beach than London and I haven't been to the seaside for ages, you wanna go?  She nodded and slept all the way.  We did Brighton for 4 or 5 hours full-on and I doubt she saw any other coastline or countryside whilst here, so that was fun.  Driving home in the dark was awful, I still hadn't figured out how to work the clutch properly.  Jerri slept again.  Two hours though the country, then boom, you're in the City and it takes an hour after that to get anywhere in London.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 01:35:01 PM »

I don't get this 'shy' thing you're saying.  

How can he be shy if he sends a letter in the post?  Surely that's in-your-face, not shy.  I think he's brash.

dont look at him like that he is obviously shy

Does he come across this way in person (childish)?  He's obviously very shy.  ???

lol

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »
I'm liking this solution:  

show up naked..kick the door down...and steal all the cereal, and pop tarts in the house while screaming !!!"

problem solved...

bench

Pure Fantasy, and I love it, thanks.

trouble is, in real life, because I don't want him knocking on my door (I must be grateful that he simply sent a letter in the post and didn't trouble me by ringing my front door ?

I must set a good example so can therefore not go near his door...
(It's okay, I'll be able to when we get the plumbers in, all is not lost.

madly
xxxLinda

i would be far funnier if I had twin older nephews both 6' and strong.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
.....i WOULD wanna do all the silly tourist things..piccadilly square :D..and maybe eat at a gordon ramsey resturant...and an indian/paki place..i hear paki and indian food is better in the UK...and i wanna see a woman in a burka ..walking down the street....i hear about that on the teli...i wanna witness this bullshit

Gotta go to Camden.  It's quite the freak show  ;D

:

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
Gotta go to Camden.  It's quite the freak show  ;D

nope..lol..i'm not 18 anymore....

thankgawd...who'd wanna be THAT horney for ever eh??  i honestly dont understand the world's obsession about viagra....

its a relief to grow older and not be horney and not wanna bone every plant in view...WHY the HECK would you wanna re live that???? ...for fucks sake..i walked around with a constant boner in my pants for around 10 fuggin years....its UNCOMFORTABLE and unwanted...(if you have any bit of self esteem)

..nature provides a genuine relief...a lessening of hormone and growing of brain...why mess with a good thing?...

ok...i ranted...but i mean it ..

so no....my idea of a good time...is boring and relaxing  :)
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
nope..lol..i'm not 18 anymore....

thankgawd...who'd wanna be THAT horney for ever eh??  i honestly dont understand the world's obsession about viagra....

its a relief to grow older and not be horney and not wanna bone every plant in view...WHY the HECK would you wanna re live that???? ...for fucks sake..i walked around with a constant boner in my pants for around 10 fuggin years....its UNCOMFORTABLE and unwanted...(if you have any bit of self esteem)

..nature provides a genuine relief...a lessening of hormone and growing of brain...why mess with a good thing?...

ok...i ranted...but i mean it ..

so no....my idea of a good time...is boring and relaxing  :)

What the heck does 18 and being horny have to do with it  ???  

It's a huge market with all kinds of shops from antique and vintage to goth and everything in between along with food and music... like a big festival.   It also happens to be a great place to people watch.

There is nothing relaxing about London.
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »

What the heck does 18 and being horny have to do with it  ???  

It's a huge market with all kinds of shops from antique and vintage to goth and everything in between along with food and music... like a big festival.   It also happens to be a great place to people watch.

There is nothing relaxing about London.

Must disagree on 3 counts:

1) being 18 or 19 matters greatly.  It's about the right age to go to Camden Market on a Saturday, join the throngs of crowds and be a tourist or a terrorist.  Only 18 year old weirdos go there looking stupid.  Noone shops there anymore.

2) we have hundreds of street markets in London and Camden is probably the worst or stupidest or maybe I'm getting old.  I prefer the Portobello.  

FYI, Markets are not festivals or carnivals, those only happen once a year.  Markets occur every Friday and Saturday, some on Sunday, in small towns they have them on Wednesday afternoons and close all the shops so everyone can go to market.  

& I'd sooner watch on TV or when you post on the www.  That lot are stuck in a time warp and an identity crisis at Camden.  I have a wonderful snapshot of me working at the Stables in 1990, I'll one day try to scan and .jpg it for you, I'm standing right there in front of that Archway you've posted a pic of.  I had a table stalled out, selling tat.  I was wearing brown suede pants and an Aran jumper with a Tweed Jacket and a big knitted scarf in the middle of winter.  

I was always a bit of a hippy, never a punk  That lot don't spend any money and noone talks to them, tourists just ogle and then pose pix of them.  Try the King's Road too?

most importantly:
3) The Royal Parks and the National Galleries, Museums and Libraries are wonderfully relaxing, as is my back garden.

so there !
Light a candle and chant om...

sorry
xxxLinda

ps: apart from ignoring or when in a bad mood on a bad day, spitting at overdressed overdyed punks at Camden, we used to blank the TV cameras when they came around on Portobello.  When tourists asked us where the blue door was, we'd try to sell them one.  

And I've decided to not respond to Cliffy, let's just keep him waiting till the plumbers show up.  

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »

Must disagree on 3 counts:

1) being 18 or 19 matters greatly.  It's about the right age to go to Camden Market on a Saturday, join the throngs of crowds and be a tourist or a terrorist.  Only 18 year old weirdos go there looking stupid.  Noone shops there anymore.

2) we have hundreds of street markets in London and Camden is probably the worst or stupidest or maybe I'm getting old.  I prefer the Portobello.  

FYI, Markets are not festivals or carnivals, those only happen once a year.  Markets occur every Friday and Saturday, some on Sunday, in small towns they have them on Wednesday afternoons and close all the shops so everyone can go to market.  

xxxLinda

Having only been to London once and staying in a B & B room the size of my bathroom  :-X , it was quite the whirlwind.  In a matter of 4 days we were able to manage to see/do all on foot and via the Underground the following:

Abbey Road
Big Ben
Bloomsbury
British Museum
Buckingham
Camden
Covent Garden
Greenwich
Harrods
Holborn
Houses of Parliament
Hyde Park (Pavarotti was there)
London Eye
Piccadilly Circus
St. Paul’s Cathedral
Thames boat ride
Tower Bridge
Tower Of London
Trafalgar Square
Vagina Monologues show
Westminster Abbey

Coming from the Midwest United States, I found Camden hilarious although Covent was a nicer market.  They were very much like festivals since we don't have those kinds of markets on a weekly basis.  

Biking the countryside and staying the remainder of week in Stratford-upon-Avon was much more relaxing.  The flax fields, thatched roof cottages and gardens were lovely.  Right out of a Kinkaid painting.
: