Author Topic: IFBB Pro's headed back to Kuwait to Oxygen Gym  (Read 15963 times)

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
Re: IFBB Pro's headed back to Kuwait to Oxygen Gym
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2007, 01:44:47 AM »
Pretty soon there'll be no pros posting on getbig.

Many pros like melvin, dj, shawn, Luke for example read these forums like some 200kilo fat lady at the grocery checkout lane reads the national enquirer.  Milos reads it all and posts as well if only to hear himself talk and keep his ego in personal check.

Yup in retrospect I am sure melvin feels like shit for posting the way he did but afterall he is getting paid to promote that armpit gym over there in Kuwait so what is he to do?    .....oh well.

Get your screen shots now as has been said this thread is pretty dead in the water now

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 01:53:44 AM »
Nice website at Oxygen but the images of the gym are too small. A pity because I would have liked to check out the equipment. Looks like a nice setup. A bit too fancy for bodybuilders but perhaps what more gyms should be like. Who wouldn't want to train there?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2007, 01:57:53 AM »
Killer hours at the mecca of the Middle east gym!!

Lets see no training on sunday the rest of the week not before 9am.  Oddly enough they forgot to mention the five times a day that music shuts down in the gym and all attention is given to muslim prayer time.

Damn i sure would not want to be training in the rat hole during rammadan season.

Of course all these points are mute if you are a pro and giving private showings- then its open any time

keep it real

hahaa, great post. i love this guy.

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2007, 02:17:46 AM »
Nice website at Oxygen but the images of the gym are too small. A pity because I would have liked to check out the equipment. Looks like a nice setup. A bit too fancy for bodybuilders but perhaps what more gyms should be like. Who wouldn't want to train there?

Vince you are a smart guy, but when is the last time your trained at an arab gym?

The best equipment in the world means jacks shit. Who would want to train under the following conditions?

way to much money for membership

no women mix with the men

5 times a day for prayer silence

continous line of guys wanting to gawk and talk

no early morning operating hours

nobody willing to pain the extra coin for a towel that is NOT free with membership

Cell phone every other second

Seeing the Filipino spoter who does the entire set for the one who is laying on the bench with 225lbs LOL thats funny as hell

and a bunch of members with ZERO gym eddicate- do not wipe machines, replace weights and are always wanting to "jump in".

Give it a retink, ok?

keep it real

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2007, 02:19:42 AM »
haha, the arabs in my gym are a bunch of dirty assholes.

No one brings a towel, always stinking same clothes, cell phone ringing all the time. At least they don't pray in the gym.  ;D ;D

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2007, 02:21:38 AM »
haha, the arabs in my gym are a bunch of dirty assholes.

No one brings a towel, always stinking same clothes, cell phone ringing all the time. At least they don't pray in the gym.  ;D ;D

Thanks I will add those points to my post as well as they hold true at the armpit i mean O2

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2007, 02:27:35 AM »
Thanks I will add those points to my post as well as they hold true at the armpit i mean O2

;D ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2007, 02:38:53 AM »
Melvin is gonna destroy them all this year but I see him getting screwed. He should be top 3 or 5 for sure but I bet if the judging didn't go Jay-Ronnie Ronnie-Jay (we all know it will) Melvin could possibly take the crown.
I

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2007, 02:49:58 AM »
Women didn't go to gyms in the good old days. Might be better for concentrating! Too much posing in gyms a la guys trying to lift way too much and then have to cheat. Might be better to have muscle caddies running around spotting and picking up the weights! No way I would live in a country with primitive ideas about women. No thanks to Dubai and other Muslim countries. Typically the men are hypocrites in those places. Enough religious crap when they censor Jerry Springer and we can't see those girls who bare all for their Jerry Beads!

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2007, 02:59:51 AM »
Somehow i knew you would mention the need for no women in the gym....personally i do need them however the lack of them shows as you mention the segragation and level that the muslim men especially the rich ones have towards women.

how about the other points still interested to train where all the newest equipment is?

Lets see in thailand DJ trained in the same gym space as his wife  but not in kuwait.....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2007, 05:04:39 AM »
Free weights are over-rated. I prefer a tidy, quiet gym without all the clanging and posturing. I prefer to instruct women because they do what you tell them. Guys are know it alls. We all love seeing women around gyms.

I wonder how long it will take for those Muslim countries to wake up. They already outdo the Jews for making money. Look at the stranglehold on the price of oil. Keep the shit happening with car bombs and the price will remain high. They are making billions of dollars there. When are the women going to wake up and stop the crap that is happening to them? The Middle East had 3 of the World's religions form there and the hotheads are still a pain in the ass. Maybe having gyms there is a start in the right direction. I mean, can the Muslim women even show their figures to the primitive individuals who need all sorts of restrictions to be civilized?

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2007, 05:06:52 AM »
Free weights are over-rated. I prefer a tidy, quiet gym without all the clanging and posturing. I prefer to instruct women because they do what you tell them. Guys are know it alls. We all love seeing women around gyms.

I wonder how long it will take for those Muslim countries to wake up. They already outdo the Jews for making money. Look at the stranglehold on the price of oil. Keep the shit happening with car bombs and the price will remain high. They are making billions of dollars there. When are the women going to wake up and stop the crap that is happening to them? The Middle East had 3 of the World's religions form there and the hotheads are still a pain in the ass. Maybe having gyms there is a start in the right direction. I mean, can the Muslim women even show their figures to the primitive individuals who need all sorts of restrictions to be civilized?

Sounds like you got all kinds of ideas bunched up in your head up the middle east....yup you are pretty much on the money probably would be better to start up a new thread though.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2007, 05:12:05 AM »
Vine Basile invented the middle east.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2007, 05:14:42 AM »
If a few pros go to Kuwait and hang around doing seminars and training there the gym will do well out of it. Good for everyone involved. A pity about the drugs. Nice to see a modern gym catering to bodybuilders and everyone. That is the future. Hardcore gyms give everyone who owns them headaches. Why do you think Joe sold his original Golds Gym to sail around the world in merchant ships? Too much hassle with muscleheads and no money. If the big guys can draw members then it is a good promotion. What they do for pocket money is up to them.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2007, 05:15:31 AM »
Myself the Marvelous One, Dennis Wolf, Troy Alves are headed for Kuwait August 2nd to bang it out in one of the best gyms in the world to date.  Dennis James will be there to keep the energy up for our up and coming shows.  He is unfortunately taking care of his illness and will be back for the attack soon.  Bader Boodai owner of Oxygen will be setting seminars and such while we are there.  We are all looking forward to hanging out and trying to stay cool.  It gets over 130 degrees at times :o  See yall at the O ya heard!

Marvelous Melvin Anthony ;D

at times?  try it stays about 125 for a month

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2007, 05:27:57 AM »
If a few pros go to Kuwait and hang around doing seminars and training there the gym will do well out of it. Good for everyone involved. A pity about the drugs. Nice to see a modern gym catering to bodybuilders and everyone. That is the future. Hardcore gyms give everyone who owns them headaches. Why do you think Joe sold his original Golds Gym to sail around the world in merchant ships? Too much hassle with muscleheads and no money. If the big guys can draw members then it is a good promotion. What they do for pocket money is up to them.

Vince I thought you were a smart guy? Did you read all that I have wrote about this place in Kuwait?  

Look this place has a very small membership (whats the population of Kuwait) those that do train pay to the hill to get in this place  for status.  Moreover its not there to try and bring any resemblence of harmony to the middle east...not even close hahahahah  This gym is not there for promoting public bodybuilding its there for the personal benefit of a very few for different various reasons.

I really would like somebody to chime in and explain how this place is paying for 4 pros to be with them 5 star status for a full week + all exspense paid??  You mean these guys need only to sit down talk to a few low level paying clients, sign a few shirts and pics and thats it???? No way!

These arabs will be showing these "pros" off thru the city as their newly aquired boy toys....if they get them in thier cock socks (likely) all the better.  Sadly these "pros" have got no moral standards and will do anything for a buck.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2007, 05:30:48 AM »
Your information is wrong.

Vince is not smart. He thinks he is, but he isn't

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2007, 05:44:45 AM »
I doubt the real one has insider info on the deal. Sometimes gyms do promotions that cost money and the benefits occur down the line. They are promoting the seminars and no doubt will bring new member to the club. By the way, $700US/year is cheap for a club of that quality. There are enough people in a big city to keep a few gyms going. Why assume the lads have to kiss butt to get red-carpet treatment.

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2007, 05:51:24 AM »
I doubt the real one has insider info on the deal. Sometimes gyms do promotions that cost money and the benefits occur down the line. They are promoting the seminars and no doubt will bring new member to the club. By the way, $700US/year is cheap for a club of that quality. There are enough people in a big city to keep a few gyms going. Why assume the lads have to kiss butt to get red-carpet treatment.

Damn Vince now you went off and proved that you are not that smart about nor understand arab marketing, politics or social status. 

Oh and nobody is assuming that these guys are kissing anybodsy's ass they are in fact showing thier ass there is a difference afterall.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2007, 06:00:22 AM »
I've never been privy to all that insider play that the champs are supposed to have done in the past. Just stories because obviously no one is fessing up. Sounds a bit humourous if true. Truth be told many would line up for the chance to be a star. Sort of a casting couch for bodybuilders, huh?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2007, 06:15:55 AM »
Vine Basile invented the middle east.

and he also invented a system called workout program
I am a mini beast

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2007, 06:18:20 AM »
Myself the Marvelous One, Dennis Wolf, Troy Alves are headed for Kuwait August 2nd to bang it out in one of the best gyms

Marvelous Melvin Anthony ;D
ok stud we kinda figured it out, you really didnt have to spell it out for us  ;)

....hahahh i see they 'oil guys' pay well enough for an 'encore' performance....

Some guys go to the MiddleEast for war, others go with thongs :P whats this world coming to ?
L

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2007, 06:42:42 AM »
Why the f*&k would you go all the way out to Kuwait to work out?????

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2007, 08:14:50 AM »
Vince you are a smart guy, but when is the last time your trained at an arab gym?

The best equipment in the world means jacks shit. Who would want to train under the following conditions?

way to much money for membership

no women mix with the men

5 times a day for prayer silence

continous line of guys wanting to gawk and talk

no early morning operating hours

nobody willing to pain the extra coin for a towel that is NOT free with membership

Cell phone every other second

Seeing the Filipino spoter who does the entire set for the one who is laying on the bench with 225lbs LOL thats funny as hell

and a bunch of members with ZERO gym eddicate- do not wipe machines, replace weights and are always wanting to "jump in".

Give it a retink, ok?

keep it real
"eddicate"?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2007, 08:19:43 AM »
Ya'll should take Dennis james there with Ya :)
Get Big, or Die Trying