Author Topic: Zogby: McCain Seen as 'Commander in Chief'  (Read 748 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Zogby: McCain Seen as 'Commander in Chief'
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »
Zogby: McCain Seen as 'Commander in Chief'

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:50 PM

Twice as many likely voters see Republican John McCain as a better commander in chief of America's armed forces than Democrat Barack Obama, but they prefer Obama as a competent manager, problem solver and as someone who understands the average person, the latest Zogby Interactive poll shows.

The online survey of 2,331 likely voters nationwide, conducted Sept. 19-20, 2008, carries a margin of error of +/- 2.1 percentage points. The same survey showed the Obama-Biden ticket leading McCain-Palin 47 percent to 44 percent in the straight-up horserace question, with 9 percent other/not sure.

The four qualities mentioned above were all rated as very or somewhat important by more than 93 percent of voters. The two other qualities we asked about, having Christian values and being able to win the support from the other party in Congress, rated lower in importance. Here is how the qualities and candidates were rated:

Best at being a competent manager: Obama 46 percent, McCain 40 percent.

Best at commanding the military: McCain 61 percent, Obama 29 percent.

Best at understanding people like you and me: Obama 47 percent, McCain 34 percent.

Best at winning support from other party in Congress: McCain 47 percent, Obama 42 percent.

Best at being a problem solver: Obama 46 percent, McCain 42 percent.

Best at having Christian values: McCain 40 percent, Obama 36 percent.

Said pollster John Zogby: "A nation at war and in economic turmoil is focusing on those candidate qualities that address those concern - hence the drop in importance for Christian values. The McCain advantage as commander in chief is a given, even among many Obama supporters. Obama's 11-point lead on the question of 'who best understands the average person' could be significant when the economy is Issue Number One. He also leads, but by smaller margins, as a problem solver and manager, which also are very important to voters who are worried about pocketbook issues. McCain's base voters are clearly frequent church-goers, seniors and upper middle income earners."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/zogby_poll_commander/2008/09/23/133781.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Zogby: McCain Seen as 'Commander in Chief'
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »

Complete nonissue for analytical thinkers.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
Unless u belong to the millions of churches across the country or happen to be in the majority who having such values matters to. Again, hard to argue with a rock.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »

Complete nonissue for analytical thinkers.

Must be a complete non-issue for Obama too.  He would never talk openly about his strong Christian values.  Or would he?

I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life. But most importantly, I believe in the example that Jesus set by feeding the hungry and healing the sick and always prioritizing the least of these over the powerful. I didn’t ‘fall out in church’ as they say, but there was a very strong awakening in me of the importance of these issues in my life. I didn’t want to walk alone on this journey. Accepting Jesus Christ in my life has been a powerful guide for my conduct and my values and my ideals.

. . .

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20080306_news_flash_obama_clinton_claim_christian_faith/

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:46:12 AM »
Being a Christian is a complete nonissue for any qualification of being POTUS.  Unless of course, you factor in pandering and courting the fairy tale believers group.

Not a single day to day duty of the POTUS is dependent on being a christian.  Unless of course, you are making Holy War in a foreign country.   ::)

Analytical thinkers > Christians

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
Being a Christian is a complete nonissue for any qualification of being POTUS.  Unless of course, you factor in pandering and courting the fairy tale believers group.

Not a single day to day duty of the POTUS is dependent on being a christian.  Unless of course, you are making Holy War in a foreign country.   ::)

Analytical thinkers > Christians

Is Obama an analytical thinker?  Please review one of his campaign flyers before you respond. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »
Is Obama an analytical thinker?  Please review one of his campaign flyers before you respond. 

I agree with you that it's hard to believe that someone could be a christian and an analytical thinker.   Then again, most Repugs think Obama is a secret muslim and/or a fake christian.

Both candidate are smart enough to know they have to pander to the Jebus crowd to win the election.  At least Obama sticks to his core beliefs regarding the ONE and ONLY issue that most brain dead christian zombies seem to care about unlike McCain who will adopt any position at any time in order to win.