Author Topic: Texas Doctor: "I fired my first Obama voting employee today"  (Read 6012 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Texas Doctor: "I fired my first Obama voting employee today"
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »
Alleged Aggie Doctor Brags Of Firing Obama-Voting EmployeeBy Richard Connelly, Wednesday, Apr. 7 2010 @ 1:40PMComments (52) Categories: Political Animals

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/04/aggie_doc_fires_obama.php

________________________ ______________________

​The TexAgs political message board is probably not the best place to go for nuanced, sophisticated discussion of the day's issues, unless you think Fox News is fair and balanced.

But things can get lively. Like recently, when a poster named dermdoc put up an item headed "Laid off my first Obama voting employee today."

Our reimbursement rates are spiraling downward, taxes are projected to go up with Obamacare, so I did it.

This is for you crag.

On another note, my internal medicine doc for 20 years is retiring over this Obamacare crap. I am really starting to get pissed......
Firing people for their political views -- it's the American way.

As you can imagine, fellow Aggies were quick to condemn him...for not laying off more of those godless Democrats, more or less.

"Good for you doc!" said one.

"I would love to be able to fire Obama voters. Youre helping them more than hurting them. Conservatives are not the only ones who need to realize that elections have consequences. Its time to grow up and live in the real world," said another.

Some did complain that it was unseemly, and possibly illegal. To which the answer came from "aTm2004" -- "To those of you complaining...STFU. DermDoc is a business owner and had to make a business decision. As somebody said, elections have consequences and the person they voted for, and whose policies they support, directly led to their job loss."

Dermdoc did express one regret about his action. "I'll probably have to see some foreign med school grad with a hyphenated last name," he wrote. "This sucks."

Yes, something definitely does suck. But we think it's you, dermdoc.

________________________ __________-

Elections have consequences. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Texas Doctor: "I fired my first Obama voting employee today"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »
333 - I truly hope you don't think this is acceptable behaviour

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
If the doc has to let someone go due to obamacare causing the practice to have less revenue and income, I think it is perfectly reasonable to first let go of someone who assisted in brining this about, even if only by a tiny amount. 

Of course the doc should weigh the value of the employee, but all things being equal, and if the doc had to let someone go because of obcamacare, I am totally ok with it. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:13:02 PM »
If the doc has to let someone go due to obamacare causing the practice to have less revenue and income, I think it is perfectly reasonable to first let go of someone who assisted in brining this about, even if only by a tiny amount. 

Of course the doc should weigh the value of the employee, but all things being equal, and if the doc had to let someone go because of obcamacare, I am totally ok with it. 

I'm not OK with it at all

Who someone voted for should never be a factor in an employment decision

This is something that always seems to happen on one side of the aisle

I'm beyond fed up with the political divisiveness in this country

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »
Dumb thing to do, but if employers want to hire and fire someone of a particular party they should have the right to do so.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:11 PM »
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »
Well then who should he let go?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »
Well then who should he let go?

if he had to let someone go who should do it in whatever way he would decide before be it seniority, skill level, etc...

It's totally fucking un-American to fire someone based on who they voted for

The next thing will be threatening people with job loss if they don't vote how their employer wants them to vote

I'm sick of this shit

truly just fucking sick of it all

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:26:04 PM »
Seniority???  Shouldn't it be who does the best job and works the hardest?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:26:55 PM »
!.  I said that he should consider that first.  

2.  Straw - you need to understand that when people feel their livlihood threatened by garbage like obamacare, people are going to act out.  I really dont think you understand the true disgust and hatred most small business owners have for this admn, especially doctors who now are going to get screwed.  

3.  If Bush were president and greatly limited med mal suits, you dont think law firms doing med mal tort cases would do the same thing if their ability to make a living were impacted by crap like this?

I'm not saying its right, but I understand it and think a lot more of this is going to occur if card check goes through as well as cap & trade.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »
Seniority???  Shouldn't it be who does the best job and works the hardest?

I did say skill level also

personally I think seniority is bullshit and people who work for me (or assist me) never last too long if they suck, are incompetent or just too fucking stupid to learn to be a help rather than a hindrance but I couldn't give a rats ass who they vote for, what religion they believe, etc...

result are all that matter to me

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »

2.  Straw - you need to understand that when people feel their livlihood threatened by garbage like obamacare, people are going to act out.  I really dont think you understand the true disgust and hatred most small business owners have for this admn, especially doctors who now are going to get screwed.  

3.  If Bush were president and greatly limited med mal suits, you dont think law firms doing med mal tort cases would do the same thing if their ability to make a living were impacted by crap like this?

I'm not saying its right, but I understand it and think a lot more of this is going to occur if card check goes through as well as cap & trade.  

dude this pending financial legislation could have an effect my livlihood (slim chance but who knows the fuck they will do) and I wouldn't take it out on someone who voted for Obama

you can't see how this could be used to intimidate employees and influence how they vote in the future

I'll say it again

this is fucking bullshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »
Seniority???  Shouldn't it be who does the best job and works the hardest?

Should be.  Or what if you hire someone and just don't like them?  

I think if you wear your allegiances on your sleeve, you open yourself up to something like this.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »

if they did then they'd be just as wrong as this guy in Texas

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
Should be.  Or what if you hire someone and just don't like them?  

I think if you wear your allegiances on your sleeve, you open yourself up to something like this.  

so you'd be OK if someone were fired for their religious beliefs too ?

right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
funny as hell.... I'm guessing he's open to lawsuits?  I dunno.

personally, if I had employees, I would keep the people who did the best job.  I don't care if a guy is a palin-kneepadder, if he kicks ass at his job.  He can have all the ron paul stickers in the world, but if the palin employee is better, that's who i'm keeping - so my business can be more successful.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 04:50:04 AM »
What's the big deal? Someone who supports the new healthcare policy should have no problem living with its consequences.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 05:08:37 AM »
there's a shitload of reasons you shouldn't take politics to work with you and if you do, don't be shocked when this is the result.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 06:23:58 AM »
Im as far to the right as anyone I know,this is bullshit.Who gives a flying fuck what someones political beliefs are.Just go to work,work hard and do your job and you should be able to keep your job[unless layoffs are there ].To start firing people because of beliefs is as dangerous as can be.Maybe your boss wont ike that you lift or walk with your last spread and says thats a fireable offense.I like politics,but keep it the fuck out of the work place.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 06:40:29 AM »
People who can't do simple math should probably avoid politics altogether.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 06:44:42 AM »
I agree with Straw, this is a little outrageous. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 09:29:59 AM »
Wow i can't believe beach and 333 are defending this.  Even Billy sees the light on this issue.  It's absolutely wrong to fire someone for their political beliefs.  I hope the employee gets a good lawyer and takes this guy to the cleaners.  That's even if it's true could be some smuck who talks bigger than he actually is, it is the internet after all.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 09:33:13 AM »
Wow i can't believe beach and 333 are defending this.  Even Billy sees the light on this issue.  It's absolutely wrong to fire someone for their political beliefs.  I hope the employee gets a good lawyer and takes this guy to the cleaners.  That's even if it's true could be some smuck who talks bigger than he actually is, it is the internet after all.

Sorry KC, political beliefs are not a "protected class" in labor cases. 

Personally, all things being equal and if I had to choose among someone to fire and no one stood out from the others, I would have done the same damn thing. 

Screw em.  You want to vote for communism, marxism, and stealing from me to give to deadbeats and dregs of society, have fun being one for all I care.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:57 AM »
Sorry KC, political beliefs are not a "protected class" in labor cases. 

Personally, all things being equal and if I had to choose among someone to fire and no one stood out from the others, I would have done the same damn thing. 

Screw em.  You want to vote for communism, marxism, and stealing from me to give to deadbeats and dregs of society, have fun being one for all I care.   

As yet i doubt there has been a need to bring about a law preventing such discrimination.  You come across as the kind of guy who would have fired woman for voting in woman's rights leaders because it raised their wages or fired blacks for doing the same thing, or gays for that matter.  What you are complicit in is worse than anything Obama could ever hope to do. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 09:43:34 AM »
As yet i doubt there has been a need to bring about a law preventing such discrimination.  You come across as the kind of guy who would have fired woman for voting in woman's rights leaders because it raised their wages or fired blacks for doing the same thing, or gays for that matter.  What you are complicit in is worse than anything Obama could ever hope to do. 

No, if I have 5 employees and one has to be let go, and the 5 are equal in all respects and I have to let one go, and I know one of them voted for a tax increase and mandate on my business, SCREW THEM - THEY ARE GONE! ! ! !

Its about time in this country that people feel and realize the consequences of their voting decisions. 

Personally, I would have done the same thing 99/100 times.