Author Topic: Texas Doctor: "I fired my first Obama voting employee today"  (Read 6015 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Texas Doctor: "I fired my first Obama voting employee today"
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 10:47:40 AM »
so you'd be OK if someone were fired for their religious beliefs too ?

right?

Of course not.  Religion has nothing to do with this thread.  In any event, Google "Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964." 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
I don`t think you fully know the definition of either.

No, why dont you educate me  o educated one who cuts and pastes whatever bs he can find?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 10:48:21 AM »
That's my point exactly.  Its about time so brain dead libs start feeling the effect of the crap they keep voting for. 

At least they'll have free health insurance. :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »
At least they'll have free health insurance. :)

Yeah, free to the point where they have to wait in line behind 50 illegals and drug addicts at the dmv. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
Uh no they shouldn't.  You argument is not based on work merit at all and on belief.  You must therefore believe that your religious, sexual or choice of tie colour can and will effect your employment too right? 

Nope.  You don't have to hire and fire employees based solely on merit.  If you only want to hire "pretty" employees, you should be able to do that.  Maybe you don't like the employee's personality.  Maybe they stink.  Maybe you don't want to hire smokers.  

I don't think it's a smart thing to do, but I'm unaware of a person's voting record being treated the same as religion, race, gender, etc.  Are you?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »
LOL @ lawyers on this thread unawake of the law :)

you can fire them, plain and simple.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
!.  I said that he should consider that first.  

2.  Straw - you need to understand that when people feel their livlihood threatened by garbage like obamacare, people are going to act out.  I really dont think you understand the true disgust and hatred most small business owners have for this admn, especially doctors who now are going to get screwed.  
3.  If Bush were president and greatly limited med mal suits, you dont think law firms doing med mal tort cases would do the same thing if their ability to make a living were impacted by crap like this?

I'm not saying its right, but I understand it and think a lot more of this is going to occur if card check goes through as well as cap & trade.  

But the CEO of the 2nd Largest Medical group in California, said its a good thing and is ready for it

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2010, 10:53:27 AM »
Yeah, free to the point where they have to wait in line behind 50 illegals and drug addicts at the dmv. 

Who cares?! It'll be free!! ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
No, I think that if you vote for someone who promises to raise taxes on your employer, it is perfectly logical reasonable, and rational, that you be the first person fired if there is no other criteria to go by in determining who gets fired.  

and if you believe that they you must also believe it's ok to tell your employee before hand that if they vote for a candidate that you don't like then tehy will be fired

what's the difference?

If you think that's "intimidation" and therefore un-American then isn't it also a form of intimidation to fire the employee since other employees can see the reason they were fired and essentially "get the message" as well that they can be fired for particpating in an election

what if you didn't vote but the doctors preferred candidate still lost

couldn't he justify firing you because you didn't help his candidtate win?

seriously 333 - I don't think you have any clue just how fucked up you really are

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »
Hooters can hire only hotties.  

Hospitals can hire only non-smokers.

And shooting ranges can damn sure hire Palin voters.

Have you ever seen how people can't visit a range or gun store without shit-talking Obama?  It's hilarious.

until obama changes the law, we live in a free country!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
and if you believe that they you must also believe it's ok to tell your employee before hand that if they vote for a candidate that you don't like then tehy will be fired

what's the difference?

If you think that's "intimidation" and therefore un-American then isn't it also a form of intimidation to fire the employee since other employees can see the reason they were fired and essentially "get the message" as well that they can be fired for particpating in an election

what if you didn't vote but the doctors preferred candidate still lost

couldn't he justify firing you because you didn't help his candidtate win?

seriously 333 - I don't think you have any clue just how fucked up you really are

Sorry Straw - i dont think you realize just how FUCKED UP your entire leftist agenda is to small business and that we/they/it/ etc will not simply be victimized by your do-gooder intentions seeking to regulate/mandate/legislate fairness and redistribution of wealth to others.  

Actions and elections have consequences.  If em,ployees dont want things like this held against them, they should leave their politics home.  however, if they do bring it to the office, they are fair game in my eyes.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »
Sorry Straw - i dont think you realize just how FUCKED UP your entire leftist agenda is to small business and that we/they/it/ etc will not simply be victimized by your do-gooder intentions seeking to regulate/mandate/legislate fairness and redistribution of wealth to others.  

Actions and elections have consequences.  If em,ployees dont want things like this held against them, they should leave their politics home.  however, if they do bring it to the office, they are fair game in my eyes.  

dude I voted for the far lessor of 2 evils

what you're saying is that you think it's acceptable in America to use intimidation to try to influence elections or to apply punative actions to people don't vote the way you'd like

that's about as un-American as it gets

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »
Of course not.  Religion has nothing to do with this thread.  In any event, Google "Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964." 

what If I decide that Christians are ruining this country I fire any employee who votes a candidate that has what I perceive to a pro-christian agenda

I'm not firing them for being christian but rather for who they voted for

I assume you're fine with that and if this actually happened you wouldn't post threads about how unfair it is right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 11:54:28 AM »
what If I decide that Christians are ruining this country I fire any employee who votes a candidate that has what I perceive to a pro-christian agenda

I assume you're fine with that and if this actually happened you wouldn't post threads about how unfair it is right?

If it were the case that the president were ramming through laws directly infringing on your liberty and ability to earn an income and take over your professional field, and you had 5 employees and onwe had to go as a result of these news laws, than I would be totally ok with you firing the one jesus freak you employed who voted for that agenda that directly impacted on your livlihood.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:22 PM »
Who cares?! It'll be free!! ;D

The moron 333667 keeps referencing the DMV...The last time i was  at the DMV i was in and out in 10 minutes...All the DMV's in CT have streamlined there operations, and they are more efficient than the old days..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2010, 12:02:45 PM »
Maybe in CT, but not NY. 

The DMV in NY is horrible. 

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2010, 12:07:44 PM »
Maybe in CT, but not NY. 

The DMV in NY is horrible. 

The DMV used to be terrible here. A person would literally waste an entire Saturday waiting in line. However, the process is streamlined and efficient these days.

On the other hand most services can be done without having to step inside the DMV..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
If it were the case that the president were ramming through laws directly infringing on your liberty and ability to earn an income and take over your professional field, and you had 5 employees and onwe had to go as a result of these news laws, than I would be totally ok with you firing the one jesus freak you employed who voted for that agenda that directly impacted on your livlihood.
Doesn't matter what is happening or what I think will happen  
All that matters is what I believe.
If I believe "x" candidate is bad for this country then it ok to fire employees for exercising their legal right to choose that candidate.  
Right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »

The DMV used to be terrible here. A person would literally waste an entire Saturday waiting in line. However, the process is streamlined and efficient these days.

On the other hand most services can be done without having to step inside the DMV..

I'm close to moving to North Stamford.  Found a few places up there.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »
Yes, since most places have "At Will" employment.  BTW - why would you want an employee that you wanted to beat the shit out of every second?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »
Yes, since most places have "At Will" employment.  BTW - why would you want an employee that you wanted to beat the shit out of every second?
who is fucked up enough to want to beat up people who don't share their political views.
Besides you of course

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »
who is fucked up enough to want to beat up people who don't share their political views.
Besides you of course

I'm not talking about this in a vacuum.  Its in the contaxt of a law being pushed that will affect your livihood and the fact that you have to let someone go and who you choose it to be. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »

Like I said: 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
Like I said: 

like I said in my made up scenario, they would be fired for voting for a pro-christian candidate and not for merely being christian. 

No problem with that right?

Nothing to complain about right?