Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52131 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
What tool do these people measure the non-existence of afterlife with?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
Again, the educated atheists turned theists that I listed do not fit your political figure stereotype.  Do a little reading on each one of them and you'll see that you are wrong about them.

Dude your list of turned believers is so fucking small compared to people who have turned atheist is so small that it is negligible. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

There are countless examples of people as they become more educated, aware and literate ...they begin to question shit that has been shoved down their throat. I'm done trying to argue this...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
Wrong again!  

Look up Antony Flew, Francis Collins, Lee Strobel, C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell and you'll see that none of these guys fit your stereotype.

As for the "99.9% of people", show me the peer reviewed scientific study where you got that percentage, or are you just making up numbers and statistics in your head as you go?

I think pluck is going little overboard with saying stuff like that. But that doesn't take away from the fact that a majority of people that are well established within the natural sciences community are at the least agnostic.

But of course there's always exceptions... like the head of the human genome project, Francis Collins who is devoutly christian. But that doesn't say diddly squat about whether the god hypothesis is true or not.. and that goes both ways.
from incomplete data

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
You can call anything a religion based on your stupid reasoning. Bodybuilding religion. Getbig religion. Schmoe religion. California religion.

Here's what people fail to understand who have never read any sort of science type shit.

Science does not set out to prove anything. Science tries to explain why natural phenomena/processes happen. It's ever changing. If a more accepted or plausible theory for a process or phenomenon happens then that is the theory that stands until it gets disprove or a better one comes along.

Science tries to explain things using facts, critical thinking and empirical evidence.....

your mind , thoughts/cognitions, beliefs /feelings are built and wired together by your senses which act as recorders. If you experience something that makes you feel good, everything linked to it (objects, people) will be tainted as "good". This is how our brain works. What is "good" is what increase or insure your odds of survival. (dominating, working (=money=better odds of survival), sucking your mother's breasts for milk, having sex etc)
Everything that icnreases your chances of survival makes you feel good. Everything that decreases your chances of survival makes you feel bad.

Succesfuly passing your driving license exam in a shitty red car will makes you like this shitty red cares cause it is related to a positive experience that increased your odds of survival (i will be able to go to school/work / explore the world to find a mate to reproduce with).

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »
stephen swalking is one miserble sob,,ofcourse he say thee is no heaven...anyone who got such punishment from god to sit in that wheelchair of his looking like that would say there is no heaven... look at the quality of his life,,misereble fucktard,,

there is god ,,and there is heaven,, it is personal to each and every one,,the problem with people is they expect miricle every sunday,,they dont get it that miricle only happen when REALLY REALLY needed,, the interference is individual not general,,the miricles dont happen for a group ,,it is happening individualy ,,each and his and her god ,,

the older you become the better you understand it  ,,you never understand it completrely until you die,,when you die its too late to tell anyone,, thats the beauty in life and death ...you cant ruin it no matter how much part of generation nothingess you are,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
you re mind , thoughts/cognitions, beliefs /feelings are built and wired together by your senses which act as recorders. If you experience something that makes you feel good, everything linked to it (objects, people) will be tainted as "good". This is how our brain works. What is "good" is what increase or insure your odds of survival. (dominating, working (=money=better odds of survival), sucking your mother's breasts for milk, having sex etc)
Everything that icnreases your chances of survival makes you feel good. Everything that decreases your chances of survival makes you feel bad.

Evolution is driven by the propagation of individual genes, not necessarily survival.
from incomplete data

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
All I know is that most Christians seem more at peace with themselves as opposed to atheists who just seem flat out miserable.

idiotic statement at best

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »
Dude your list of turned believers is so fucking small compared to people who have turned atheist is so small that it is negligible. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

There are countless examples of people as they become more educated, aware and literate ...they begin to question shit that has been shoved down their throat. I'm done trying to argue this...

The list doesn't matter.  It takes only one educated atheist turned theist, who is not a political figure to prove you wrong.  And I have proved you wrong with my list.

Truth is not a democracy.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:28 AM »
Evolution is driven by the propagation of individual genes, not necessarily survival.
mmmm...

look for Memetics...

evolution, natural selection select behaviors, genes and thoughts, cognitions, that lead to a better survival compared to the concurence and depending of the surrounding environment. Natural selection is at work in your own consciousness, selecting beliefs, cognitions that attempt to insure the survival of your own psychism.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »

I'm not saying there is no after life, I'm 99% certain that there is NONE because there is no evidence or any kind of to support it.
The 1 % is the lee way because science is ever changing and if someone comes out with evidence to say that we're all going to heaven/hell/mcdonalds then that's what will make a lot more sense

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
Ok, let me expand my original statement. The ONLY reasons or 99.9% of people who are believers were raised from childhood or the people who convert to fill in the void in their failed life ...like drug addicts, alcoholics...etc who are down and out and turn to anything comforting to "get them through their struggle"

The remaining .1 % you can throw in the more or less rational people like you listed that turn later in life

Wrong again! 

Look up Antony Flew, Francis Collins, Lee Strobel, C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell and you'll see that none of these guys fit your stereotype.

As for the "99.9% of people", show me the peer reviewed scientific study where you got that percentage, or are you just making up numbers and statistics in your head as you go?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

They have no tool and neither do you. You don't know the answer either. To try and claim otherwise would be lying.

I'd say it's probable that there's no afterlife, actually very probable... but I can't know for sure.
from incomplete data

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »

Evolution has no drive. Evolution has no goal.
Evolution is RANDOM chance.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2011, 11:05:50 AM »
stephen swalking is one miserble sob,,ofcourse he say thee is no heaven...anyone who got such punishment from god to sit in that wheelchair of his looking like that would say there is no heaven... look at the quality of his life,,misereble fucktard,,

The other side of the coin is that he would be MORE likely to believe in a wonderful afterlife because his current life sucks..

there is god ,,and there is heaven,, it is personal to each and every one,,the problem with people is they expect miricle every sunday,,they dont get it that miricle only happen when REALLY REALLY needed,, the interference is individual not general,,the miricles dont happen for a group ,,it is happening individualy ,,each and his and her god ,,

One could argue that when someones child is dying of cancer, they REALLY REALLY need it so your description of when a miracle will occur is flawed and doesn't stand up to the least bit of scrutiny

the older you become the better you understand it  ,,you never understand it completrely until you die,,when you die its too late to tell anyone,, thats the beauty in life and death ...you cant ruin it no matter how much part of generation nothingess you are,,

Baseless statement saying nothing

gh15 approved

Stick to illegal drug advice and comments please

Ag approved

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »

Yes you're right. I could've worded it better.

EDIT: Wrong.
from incomplete data

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »
I have already told you guys this long time ago.  :)

There is no proof of a god. The idea of a god and afterlife is just something made up by humans to take comfort in the idea of their own death. What is a "god" anyways? Something all knowing and creator of everything? Silly... Solid evidence shows that things come to by evolving.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »
Stick to illegal drug advice and comments please

Ag approved

well,, this is personal belif ,,and im tellin you god exist,,and so are his angles,,everyone can be an angel depending on what they did on this earth ,,this is PERSONAL BELIF,,i belive some dogs are angels ,,i believe some people are angles,,they dont have to die before their time to be angles,,angels will come and go out of your life and you will meet them all upon your passing,,you yourself maybe an angel to someone and you wont know it until you pass on,,angels do live their life differenly than the norm with out knowing they are angels

i believe in this strongly,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Evolution IS NOT RANDOM CHANCE. Evolution DOES HAVE a drive, that Drive is Natural Selection.

Evolution is the outcome of non-random survival of randomly varying replicators.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »
He's entitled to his opinion. He's writing a book you know, needs the controversy to help promote it. Plus he's just pissed off because every time he has to go to the bathroom he shits himself. God's sense of humor at work :)

Yes, because the "all loving" God punishes people who disbelieve in him and don't bow down in humiliation to him with horrendous physical deformities. With such a God, who needs the Devil?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »
Evolution IS NOT RANDOM CHANCE. Evolution DOES HAVE a drive, that Drive is Natural Selection.

Evolution is the outcome of non-random survival of randomly varying replicators.

Isn't that something you can only say in hindsight though?

I'm in a way agreeing with both of you.
from incomplete data

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »
Yes you're right. I could've worded it better.
Wrong you are mistaken.  Evolution is certainly not a random process.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat01.html

7. Is evolution a random process?   

Evolution is not a random process. The genetic variation on which natural selection acts may occur randomly, but natural selection itself is not random at all. The survival and reproductive success of an individual is directly related to the ways its inherited traits function in the context of its local environment. Whether or not an individual survives and reproduces depends on whether it has genes that produce traits that are well adapted to its environment.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »
Wrong you are mistaken.  Evolution is certainly not a random process.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat01.html

7. Is evolution a random process?   

Evolution is not a random process. The genetic variation on which natural selection acts may occur randomly, but natural selection itself is not random at all. The survival and reproductive success of an individual is directly related to the ways its inherited traits function in the context of its local environment. Whether or not an individual survives and reproduces depends on whether it has genes that produce traits that are well adapted to its environment.

Yeah that was sorta dumb of me to say he was right about random chance. I was more focused on the 'drive' part and didn't think it through.
from incomplete data

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
Arnold is King!
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »
Isn't that something you can only say in hindsight though?

I'm in a way agreeing with both of you.
You can`t agree that Evolution is just a random process.  Its not. Life does not arise and change randomly as Christians want you to believe.

Natural Selection drives evolution, thus ensuring that it is non-random.  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
Ahh yes, a man who's never been to Heaven, telling me it doesn't exist, sounds very logical, doesn't it?
That's like me saying Ferraris are total shit and drive terribly and Bugattis are overpriced, after never having one, sitting in one, or driving one, let alone even seeing one...

If anything Heaven and Hell are probably dimensions---the spirit realm or astral plane. Weren't proponents of String atheory trying to prove that there are at least 11 diff dimensions within our own? Who is to say that Heaven  is not one of them...

Maybe Hawking's version of Heaven, is that there is no Heaven. Therefore he can be rewarded solely based upon his achievements in the sciences by man, and not by GOD...