Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52288 times)

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2011, 02:08:51 PM »
I did not say that Western monotheism makes Christianity look silly; I said that upon understanding Western monotheism, Christianity looks silly.

History buff.

And as far as I can recall, Christianity requires the belief that all other religions are fatuous.

Sorry, misinterpreted your thread.

And you are right, as a Christian, I believe that the only way to heaven is through my Christ, the Lord and Savior. However, I will not condemn another religion just because I do not agree.  They have their beliefs and what they feel is right, and I know what my heart tells me.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
Join in the fun... And stop listening to Handsome Boy Modeling School.

why bother joining it

it's probably a "copy paste" fest of everything that Christopher Hitchen's guy wrote anyway

mind you, i'm only guessing- I haven't read any of this thread

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »
Sorry, misinterpreted your thread.

And you are right, as a Christian, I believe that the only way to heaven is through my Christ, the Lord and Savior.  However, I will not condem another religion just because I do not agree.  They have their beliefs and what they feel is right, and I know what my heart tells me.

But you would concede that your Hindu friend holds incorrect beliefs, yes?
I hate the State.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
But you would concede that your Hindu friend holds incorrect beliefs, yes?

I would have to....but I do not condemn him for it.

What in your studies has led you to believe that there is no God?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »

What in your studies has led you to believe that there is no God?

The Bible

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
also, is this one of those threads where guys who went to school for a bullshit degree try to prove to other guys on the internet that it was worth the 8 years to write a thesis on Nuances of Modern Agnosticism in a Post Industrial Gesellshaft?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »
This is a simple and very effective question.....I go to a church where our preachers have their phd's in theology and study the different Latin versions of the various wording and we sit down in study groups to discuss....I would be the first to admit, I do not know near enough to actually be on here argueing about, but I do know a good bit about science and will discuss my beliefs with anyone that likes to sit down and discuss it.

So for example, do you believe there was a great flood? Basically, do you hold the bible to be literally true? If not, then on what basis do you pick and chose what to believe in?
from incomplete data

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:01 PM »

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
Has anyone heard of this guy, Isaac Newton I think was his name. Fascinating fellow, seems to have invented infantismal calculus, and some other shit. Funny that he considered himself a theist first and foremost. But wait, I thought all intelligent/educated brainiac types were atheist! Guess not. Heard the name pascal? Oh hey, he was a very famous chemist! What did he have to say about God hmm let me see...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »
also, is this one of those threads where guys who went to school for a bullshit degree try to prove to other guys on the internet that it was worth the 8 years to write a thesis on Nuances of Modern Agnosticism in a Post Industrial Gesellshaft?

actually, I read this thread and I was right on both questions apparently.....it's just a know it all Hitchens fest

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
Has anyone heard of this guy, Isaac Newton I think was his name. Fascinating fellow, seems to have invented infantismal calculus, and some other shit. Funny that he considered himself a theist first and foremost. But wait, I thought all intelligent/educated brainiac types were atheist! Guess not.

He also dabbled in alchemy and did not believe in the holy trinity.
from incomplete data

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »
So for example, do you believe there was a great flood? Basically, do you hold the bible to be literally true? If not, then on what basis do you pick and chose what to believe in?

I have to believe the entire Bible to be true.....lol.....and I have to say, being a sinner, you could pick out many areas that I fail miserably at following the word....as I get older and wiser I am trying to do better but I can say after my chemical induced body has led me to be a bit more irratable faster and my lust to be a big issue.  :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »
Others aside, my atheism is mostly grounded in history, particularly history of religion. Understanding that, I see no reason why Christianity should be more true than Hinduism or any other religion.

At least Christianity has contributed much more to India than Hinduism and Islam have.

South India is mostly Christian, and it has been for almost 2,000 years.  The average literacy rate of South India is considerably higher than the Indian national average.  

Indian Christians also have one of the highest literacy, work participation and sex ratio figures among the various religious communities in India.

http://geocommons.com/overlays/5030.html

http://www.theindiapost.com/articles/national-minority-status-for-jain-community-in-india/

http://www.servinghistory.com/topics/Census_of_India::sub::Salient_Features

"People of Kerala are proud of the High literacy, of our state. When compared to Kerala, almost all the Indian states are far behind in the field of education. How we could achieve this covetable position? When the kings ruled Travancore, admission to Govt. Schools and Colleges was denied to the backward and scheduled caste communities. The Christian missionaries who established, educational institutions through out the length and breadth of Kerala opened the gated of their schools and colleges for everybody without looking into caste or creed. Thus the downtrodden section of the people of Kerala, got an opportunity to educate themselves in these institutions and they were able to secure high positions in the society and to inspire their communities about the need of getting educated."

http://www.eoabraham.com/contribution-of-christian-community-in-the-field-of-education-in-india/

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »
I have to believe the entire Bible to be true.....lol.....and I have to say, being a sinner, you could pick out many areas that I fail miserably at following the word....as I get older and wiser I am trying to do better but I can say after my chemical induced body has led me to be a bit more irratable faster and my lust to be a big issue.  :)

OK, so let me get this straight. You're a scientist. You care to an extent to find out the truth.

But yet you believe in the great flood? The talking snake? That the world was created in seven days?

EDIT: Six days.
from incomplete data

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »
OK, so let me get this straight. You're a scientist. You care to an extent to find out the truth.

But yet you believe in the great flood? The talking snake? That the world was created in seven days?

six days , God rested on the 7th  ;D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »

einstein would say he is mad because he is in chair.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »
six days , God rested on the 7th  ;D

He won't recover.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2011, 02:31:04 PM »

And as a scientist, even with all the numbers and scientific "proof" is it truth?  I am getting ready to go analyze a radiation beam to check outputs...I have computers and software to analyze this energy, at the end of the day....is there proof what I am checking, do we "know" what we are working with or is this what has been branded a name by an human?  Thus, the X-ray... it was called X because he had no idea what he was dealing with, thus killing his wife in the process.

On that note, I am off to do our beam analysis, and I hope I don't cross a beam and cause a Big Boom and create another universe... :o   Check with you folks tomorrow.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
And as a scientist, even with all the numbers and scientific "proof" is it truth?  I am getting ready to go analyze a radiation beam to check outputs...I have computers and software to analyze this energy, at the end of the day....is there proof what I am checking, do we "know" what we are working with or is this what has been branded a name by an human?  Thus, the X-ray... it was called X because he had no idea what he was dealing with, thus killing his wife in the process.

You avoided the question.

I smell creationism.
from incomplete data

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »
You avoided the question.

I smell creationism.

I apologize, I thought I answered your question, yes I do believe in the Great Flood, it is in the Bible, correct?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
I apologize, I thought I answered your question, yes I do believe in the Great Flood, it is in the Bible, correct?

Well alright, I just wanted to make sure.

To be a scientist and a creationist at the same time is to me beyond comprehension. Good luck with whatever it is that you do.. I've got nothing more to add.
from incomplete data

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »

OK, so let me get this straight. Something smaller then this dot. created everything( big bang) ::). All elements come from a single formation ::) (would be nice if hydrogen magically transformed into gold) Rocks produce living organism ::). Monkeys turned into humans ::). spontaneously beginning of life ::), sorry bro I'll go with the talking snake.... 8)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
OK, so let me get this straight. Something smaller then this dot. created everything( big bang) ::). All elements come from a single formation ::) (would be nice if hydrogen magically transformed into gold) Rocks produce living organism ::). Monkeys turned into humans ::). spontaneously beginning of life ::), sorry bro I'll go with the talking snake.... 8)

::)
from incomplete data

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
 ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
true anus , you cant be considered as superiorly intelligent, wiser than others, while attempting at the same time to tell them they are morons and that their feeling of "hapiness" is based on something that makes no sense to you -even trying to destroy it which is a sadistic endeavour, you take pleasure in someone else suffering-.

Again as proved by others on here already, you re just a cynical who cant love nor can be loved. But again i'm sure there are explanations and that it's not your fault, you re just the sum of what has spawned you and of the conditionnings you ve been exposed to...like everyone else. Some people just tend to be a lot less cynical and destructive than you, whatever their past traumas and actually help others and feel like they have something to give.

If you dont want kids it's because you consider you have nothing to teach them, to give them.... precisely because... Your parents didnt give it to you in the first place.

It's not like you re the only one. Lots of couples of young so called pseudo intellectuals nowadays in their 20s / 30 s who try to pass their fear of responsabilities and their sheer desire to stay immature for "wisdom". Happy people actually give their kids the will to have kids themselves. Obviously your parents didnt.  
You cant love because you havent been loved, as simple as that, you cannot reproduce what you didnt learn, what you havent been exposed to. Yet, you ve been looking for a woman to ... reproduce and im sure of it, ultimately build a family. Funny isnt it? Does jezebele hates kids as much as your own mother hated you?

Wrong on all accounts once again.  I was given whatever I wanted from my parents from day one and they adored me until they died as I them.  They were truly brilliant people who never hesitated to provide in all areas.

I do not want kids because I have better things to do and find them rather boring and annoying.