Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52280 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2011, 12:13:50 PM »

;D  Pretty awesome stuff right there!

I have been trolling these boards for a while, and this has been the most fun I have had on here!

yeah i know

i am with you 100%

what i was refering to is e=mc2

the only thing that exists is mind (a controller and producer of energy)

an all powerful mind can create energy and matter and these things can interact with mind-energy and influence/change it(the mind will react in some way). which is what this world is. a place where new minds are developed and then grown, with all the variables (hot and cold, pain and pleasure) to make us grow and appreciate the awesomeness that is god before we can come into his presence. its a way of making us realize our infinite inferiority. not out of pride but out of love for us, what is best for us.  

the fact that energy and matter are so intertwined is a testament to the fact that matter itself is nothing more than a tool to be used in the shaping of minds.

I think many folks do everything in their power to reason God away from their lives to avoid any form of accountability.  I don't think general "disbelief" extends much further than this simple idea.   Somehow reasoning God away removes any divine consequences for their actions and separates them from the realm of his control.  If they don't belief and reason away his existence then they're no longer subject to his control.....simple as that.    

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
I think many folks do everything in their power to reason God away from their lives to avoid any form of accountability.  I don't think general "disbelief" extends much further than this simple idea.   Somehow reasoning God away removes any divine consequences for their actions and separates them from the realm of his control.  If they don't belief and reason away his existence then they're no longer subject to his control.....simple as that.    

It always bugs me to hear a Christian infer that I lack belief in a god because I somehow want to get away with being a bad person. Problem is, I'm not a bad person and placed next to the average Christian would probably win in a morality test.

Have you considered Christians like the concept of a God that expects them to screw up and then forgives them for it?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »
yes alot of people like that and alot of other people with different reasons too.

all people are good people. even murderers rapists and what have you. some people make bigger mistakes and become more misinformed  than others.  the only cause of evil is ignorance. the only cause of a lack of belief is ignorance. no one understands fully and remains atheist or a sinner. which is why were all here. to grow.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »
It always bugs me to hear a Christian infer that I lack belief in a god because I somehow want to get away with being a bad person. Problem is, I'm not a bad person and placed next to the average Christian would probably win in a morality test.

Have you considered Christians like the concept of a God that expects them to screw up and then forgives them for it?

"Agnostic"...Fuck that noise.  You're just trying to hedge your bet.  You either believe or don't.  Show some testicular fortitude, kid. Oh and the "average" Christian is about the same as the "average" Agnostic or the "average" Athesit, but the "average" muslim is a piece of shit we can all consider beneath human standards.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »
yes alot of people like that and alot of other people with different reasons too.

all people are good people. even murderers rapists and what have you. some people make bigger mistakes and become more misinformed  than others.  the only cause of evil is ignorance. the only cause of a lack of belief is ignorance. no one understands fully and remains atheist or a sinner. which is why were all here. to grow.

nonsense , the lack of belief is proof not ignorance , there is simply no reason what so ever to ' believe ' in any deity nevermind your version of it.

and according to your logic , God is the creator of everything so God created evil so God is evil .

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »

Fuck that noise.  Don't you have dick waiting somewhere for you to shit on? Oh...Wait!  You and Boo Boo, aka BayGBM have a date to sit on a picket fence to massage your manholes.  You simpleton.  

Apparently the real reason you are here is to take it up the ass, or so you say.  I think you're here to make even the most intellectually stunted among us (i.e., mongoloids) feel as though they are smarter than someone.  You.

FTN.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

;D  Pretty awesome stuff right there!

I have been trolling these boards for a while, and this has been the most fun I have had on here!

You still have not answered my question.
I hate the State.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »

That's because morality predates their silly religion and it was necessary for the species to propagate hence it's innate.   

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
"Agnostic"...Fuck that noise.  You're just trying to hedge your bet.  You either believe or don't.  Show some testicular fortitude, kid. Oh and the "average" Christian is about the same as the "average" Agnostic or the "average" Athesit, but the "average" muslim is a piece of shit we can all consider beneath human standards.

lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: May 18, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
God is LOVE... (period)

God is a story in a book ( period. )

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
God is a story in a book ( period. )

You should be more open minded. Guys who study sub atomic particles vs dirty priests on the beginnings of the universe, both require the same exact leap of faith.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »
nonsense , the lack of belief is proof not ignorance , there is simply no reason what so ever to ' believe ' in any deity nevermind your version of it.

and according to your logic , God is the creator of everything so God created evil so God is evil .

hm...   a 'reason' to believe? no i guess there isnt any reason to believe to the non believer. but the believer who actively engages with god knows the value of belief.

evil is a concept, nobody creates concepts, god created people and people do evil things, god allows people to do evil for 2 reasons= 1. your not an individual and you dont have free will if god limits you actions.  2. pain and suffering are necessary for an appreciation of pleasure and joy.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
You should be more open minded. Guys who study sub atomic particles vs dirty priests on the beginnings of the universe, both require the same exact leap of faith.
Glad you finally see that a theory where a dot inflated into the known universe requires the same faith that believing that there was some being that designed or created the dot that inflated into the known universe does.  ;D Especially since both currently have no evidence proving they dont exist or didnt happen.
Glad I could open your mind a little bit. Extreme atheists and extreme christians, both the same close minded douche, just standing across the fence from each other pointing and calling the other idiots. Both claim to absolutley know beyond a shadow of a doubt how the universe WASNT created, when in reality neither has any proof or evidence, just and extremely arrogant presumption.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »
hm...   a 'reason' to believe? no i guess there isnt any reason to believe to the non believer. but the believer who actively engages with god knows the value of belief.

evil is a concept, nobody creates concepts, god created people and people do evil things, god allows people to do evil for 2 reasons= 1. your not an individual and you dont have free will if god limits you actions.  2. pain and suffering are necessary for an appreciation of pleasure and joy.

WTF are you on about for real?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »
Glad you finally see that a theory where a dot inflated into the known universe requires the same faith that believing that there was some being that designed or created the dot that inflated into the known universe does.  ;D Especially since both currently have no evidence proving they dont exist or didnt happen.
Glad I could open your mind a little bit. Extreme atheists and extreme christians, both the same close minded douche, just standing across the fence from each other pointing and calling the other idiots. Both claim to absolutley know beyond a shadow of a doubt how the universe WASNT created, when in reality neither has any proof or evidence, just and extremely arrogant presumption.

Why do you deny the possibility that the universe was born from a giant egg? Same leap of faith.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
Why do you deny the possibility that the universe was born from a giant egg? Same leap of faith.
lol

the only place the buck can stop is at god

by definition

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
lol

the only place the buck can stop is at god

by definition

Oooooh but you underestimate this egg...because I can choose it's powers.  8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
only if its god. and then its god, not an egg

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
Then there must be a bird that laid said egg, remember God man man in his own image---not that of the Aflak duck...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »

:)

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
::)
My point is that even though the Big Bang theory requires the same leap of faith that believing in a creator does

It's "leap of faith" (ie, believe it, just because!) versus "Evidence and observation" (believe it because there is evidence to support it, and observations are consistent with predictions)

The thing that separate science from religion is that science will throw out a bad idea

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2011, 08:46:04 PM »
yeah i know

i am with you 100%

You're with him 100% on that crap that he just made up?

Actually, from a science stand point and the advetageous effort to make all the nucletrons to seperate the smallest atoms

What is a nucletron? 

radiation is when electrons are released into a cell and ejects an outer ring electron

are you talking about the excited state and the ground state?  by cell did you mean "(electron) shell"?  (a cell is absolutely enormous compared with a single atom)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »
You're with him 100% on that crap that he just made up?

What is a nucletron? 

are you talking about the excited state and the ground state?  by cell did you mean "(electron) shell"?  (a cell is absolutely enormous compared with a single atom)

Yeah, I haven't had time to respond to this drivel, and still don't, but what a load of crap.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
Yeah, I haven't had time to respond to this drivel, and still don't, but what a load of crap.

Glad somebody else has noticed that we've got a bunch of retards people who are trying really hard to sound like nobel prize winning physicists.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2011, 11:24:12 PM »
Stephan Hawking is a great scientist but an awful philosopher.