Author Topic: Liberal Violence and Fascism  (Read 166969 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Liberal Violence and Fascism
« Reply #800 on: August 01, 2023, 05:36:30 PM »
That's exactly what these political prosecutions are.
I just can't believe this shit is happening in the US.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #801 on: August 01, 2023, 06:40:24 PM »
I just can't believe this shit is happening in the US.

Me either.  We are so screwed.  We are definitely in danger of losing the country I love.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #802 on: August 01, 2023, 06:41:20 PM »
Me either.  We are so screwed.  We are definitely in danger of losing the country I love.
I agree totally.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: August 01, 2023, 11:57:52 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: August 02, 2023, 05:29:02 PM »
Banana Republic.

Joe Biden Longed for Donald Trump Prosecution over January 6
HANNAH BLEAU   2 Aug 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/02/joe-biden-longed-for-donald-trump-prosecution-over-january-6/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: August 02, 2023, 06:37:34 PM »

Have you been authoring Donald Trump's emails asking for donations? I swear I read this in one of the 4 or 5 emails I (a patriot) had in my inbox today. Frankly, I am surprised he would still refer to me as a patriot since I've not donated one cent to his reelection campaign, regardless that the money probably is going to pay his legal fees or the bill from Melania's hair stylist. LOL!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: August 02, 2023, 06:41:57 PM »
Have you been authoring Donald Trump's emails asking for donations? I swear I read this in one of the 4 or 5 emails I (a patriot) had in my inbox today. Frankly, I am surprised he would still refer to me as a patriot since I've not donated one cent to his reelection campaign, regardless that the money probably is going to pay his legal fees or the bill from Melania's hair stylist. LOL!

I don't get emails from Donald Trump.  I don't expect you to be worried about what is happening to the country. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: August 03, 2023, 08:17:12 PM »
Donald Trump Conviction Could Be 'Death Sentence'
BY MATTHEW IMPELLI ON 8/2/23
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-conviction-could-death-sentence-1817056

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #808 on: August 03, 2023, 08:49:36 PM »
Donald Trump Conviction Could Be 'Death Sentence'
BY MATTHEW IMPELLI ON 8/2/23
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-conviction-could-death-sentence-1817056

From the magazine whose editor said that Obama is "sort of God."  ::)

An article suitable for the National Enquirer.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #809 on: August 04, 2023, 12:37:19 AM »
I don't get emails from Donald Trump.  I don't expect you to be worried about what is happening to the country.
Why don't you get emails from Trump? It seems odd that I do when I never subscribed to them. I donate monthly to "Act Blue". Are his team of campaign thugs stealing the democrats email roster?

Did I say I was not worried about what is happening to the country? And what is happening to the country besides Trump making  another attempt to get elected to a position he didn't before and certainly does not now deserve and should never have? That anyone is buying his shtick once again is very troublesome for many people including me.

Here is a brief recap of Trump's actions for those of you who either forgot about and/or can't accept who and what he really is... an egomaniac who aspires to turn the U.S. into an autocracy with himself as the dictator.

On Jan. 6, 2021, Trump attempted to nullify the election and stay in power. He tried to overthrow the government by fomenting the Capitol insurrection, by replacing the real electors with fraudulent electors, by browbeating Georgia officials Brian Kemp and Brad Raffensburger into claiming the election was fraudulent and to “find” 11,000 votes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: August 04, 2023, 10:11:54 AM »
Why don't you get emails from Trump? It seems odd that I do when I never subscribed to them. I donate monthly to "Act Blue". Are his team of campaign thugs stealing the democrats email roster?

Did I say I was not worried about what is happening to the country? And what is happening to the country besides Trump making  another attempt to get elected to a position he didn't before and certainly does not now deserve and should never have? That anyone is buying his shtick once again is very troublesome for many people including me.

Here is a brief recap of Trump's actions for those of you who either forgot about and/or can't accept who and what he really is... an egomaniac who aspires to turn the U.S. into an autocracy with himself as the dictator.

On Jan. 6, 2021, Trump attempted to nullify the election and stay in power. He tried to overthrow the government by fomenting the Capitol insurrection, by replacing the real electors with fraudulent electors, by browbeating Georgia officials Brian Kemp and Brad Raffensburger into claiming the election was fraudulent and to “find” 11,000 votes.

Why would I get emails from Trump? 

And there you go repeating the false narrative like a good bot.  There was no "Capitol insurrection." 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #811 on: August 04, 2023, 01:15:14 PM »
Woman threatens to blow up home over July 4th decorations

Police are searching for a woman after she allegedly threatened to blow up a Moore home because of the decorations in the homeowner’s yard.

Pascal Quintero owns a home in Moore near Southwest Second and Janesway Avenue said that he has always been looking over his shoulder since that day.

Quintero said it began in the afternoon of July 8th when the woman walked up and rang their Ring Doorbell. Camera footage from the Ring Doorbell shows it all unfolds from there.

“She started to ask me if I am Republican because of the American decorations,” said Quintero. “I told her that it’s none of her business who I voted for. She continued questioning me about the decorations and then asked if I was a Trump fan.”

https://kfor.com/news/local/woman-threatens-to-blow-up-home-over-july-4th-decorations/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: August 04, 2023, 01:41:41 PM »
Making History in the Wrong Way: The Second Trump Indictment is a Threat to Free Speech
August 4, 2023

Below is my column in USA Today on the second indictment of former President Donald Trump. While many are celebrating the charges, the implications for free speech are chilling. While Smith did not charge incitement or insurrection (or seditious conspiracy), commentators (and Smith) portrayed the case as holding Trump accountable for the actual riot in the Capitol. Notably, the same pundits and politicians previously insisted that the rejected crimes were obvious and well-established. Indeed, Trump was impeached on incitement charges. They are now shrugging off the conspicuous omission of those charges while attacking those of us with free speech concerns as apologists.

Here is the column:

Special counsel Jack Smith made history on Tuesday.

It wasn’t just the federal indictment of a former president. Smith already did that in June with the indictment of Donald Trump on charges that he mishandled classified documents.

No, Smith and his team have made history in the worst way by attempting to fully criminalize disinformation by seeking the incarceration of a politician on false claims made during and after an election.

The hatred for Trump is so all-encompassing that legal experts on the political left have ignored the chilling implications of this indictment. This complaint is based largely on statements that are protected under the First Amendment. It would eviscerate free speech and could allow the government to arrest those who are accused of spreading disinformation in elections.

In the 2012 United States v. Alvarez decision, the Supreme Court held 6-3 that it is unconstitutional to criminalize lies in a case involving a politician who lied about military decorations.

The court warned such criminalization “would give government a broad censorial power unprecedented in this Court’s cases or in our constitutional tradition. The mere potential for the exercise of that power casts a chill, a chill the First Amendment cannot permit if free speech, thought, and discourse are to remain a foundation of our freedom.”

That precedent did not deter Smith. This indictment is reminiscent of the case against former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. His conviction on 11 corruption-related counts was unanimously overturned by the Supreme Court in 2016, with Chief Justice John Roberts writing that federal prosecutors relied on a “boundless” definition of actions that could trigger criminal charges against political leaders.

Smith is now showing the same abandon in pursuing Trump, including detailing his speech on Jan. 6, 2021, before the riot while omitting the line where Trump told his supporters to go to the U.S. Capitol to “peacefully” protest the certification.

While the indictment acknowledges that candidates are allowed to make false statements, Smith proceeded to charge Trump for making “knowingly false statements.”

On the election claims, Smith declares that Trump “knew that they were false” because he was “notified repeatedly that his claims were untrue.”

The problem is that Trump had lawyers and others telling him that the claims were true. Smith is indicting Trump for believing his lawyers over his other advisers.

I criticized Trump’s Jan. 6 speech while he was still giving it and wrote that his theory on the election and the certification challenge was unfounded. However, that does not make it a crime.

If you take a red pen to protected free speech in this indictment, it would be reduced to a virtual haiku. Moreover, if you concede that Trump may have believed that the election was stolen, the complaint collapses.

Smith also noted that Trump made false claims against the accuracy of voting machines in challenging the outcome of the election. In 2021, Democratic lawyers alleged that thousands of votes may have been switched or changed by voting machines in New York elections. Was that also a crime of disinformation?

Smith indicted Trump because the now former president “spread lies that there had been outcome-determinative fraud in the election and that he had actually won.” The special counsel also says Trump “repeated and widely disseminated (the lies) anyway – to make his knowingly false claims appear legitimate, create an intense national atmosphere of mistrust and anger, and erode public faith in the administration of the election.”

Let’s acknowledge that Trump was wrong. The election wasn’t stolen. He lost, and Joe Biden won.

But how do you prove legally that Trump truly didn’t believe his false claims? And even if you can prove that Trump lied, how do you legally distinguish his falsehoods from the lies other political leaders have told over the years? When, in politics, does making a false statement cross the line into criminal behavior? Those are questions Smith and his team must answer in court, and ones that Trump’s defense team is likely to raise.

Polls previously showed that roughly half of the public viewed earlier charges against Trump as politically motivated. That is why many of us hoped that any indictment would be based on unquestioned legal authority and unassailable evidence.

Smith offered neither. This indictment will deepen the view of many in the public that the Justice Department is thoroughly compromised in pursuing political prosecutions.

These concerns were magnified Tuesday by Smith, who announced the charges with comments that made him sound more like a pundit than a prosecutor. The special counsel gave an impassioned account of the Capitol riot that made it sound like Trump was charged with incitement. He wasn’t. Nor was he charged with seditious conspiracy, despite his second impeachment on those charges.

Notably, many of the legal experts praising the indictment previously insisted that there was a clear case for incitement against Trump. Indeed, Democratic members made the claim the center of the second impeachment, despite some of us writing that there was no actionable claim.

Even Smith wouldn’t touch the incitement or sedition claims that were endlessly pushed by legal experts and Democratic members.

Instead, Smith will seek to criminalize false political claims. To bag Trump, he will have to bulldoze through the First Amendment and a line of Supreme Court cases. That’s why this latest indictment of Trump isn’t just wrong. It is reckless.

Jonathan Turley, a member of USA TODAY’s Board of Contributors, is the Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law at George Washington University. Follow him on Twitter @JonathanTurley

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/08/04/making-history-in-the-wrong-way-the-second-trump-indictment-is-a-threat-to-free-speech/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: August 04, 2023, 02:29:17 PM »
Why would I get emails from Trump? 

And there you go repeating the false narrative like a good bot.  There was no "Capitol insurrection."

Trump's campaign emails are pleas for donations. Although you claim you are not Republican, it appears from posts you've made that you are politically conservative, and you defend Trump. It seems more likely you would be tapped for donations than I would since I clearly do not support Trump being President... I never even liked him as Trump the person. As I said before, there is a certain irony in my email inbox getting stuffed with Trump propaganda and requests for donations and you are not.

In the minds of many folks, it was an insurrection. An “insurrection”, by definition, is a “violent uprising against an authority or government.” Capitol stormers who dissented against the election outcome, or even sought to obstruct Congress’ certification of the election, were (violently) rising up against the government. The crux of the contention among commentators, though, lies in whether the crowd was truly violent—an attribution that has faced resistance. This distinction determines whether those who breached the Capitol are to be accurately described as “rally goers” or “rioters,” “patriots” or “terrorists,” “peaceful protestors” or “insurrectionists.”

Give the various choices shown above, how would you describe those who breached the Capitol on January 6th 2020?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: August 04, 2023, 03:14:41 PM »
Trump's campaign emails are pleas for donations. Although you claim you are not Republican, it appears from posts you've made that you are politically conservative, and you defend Trump. It seems more likely you would be tapped for donations than I would since I clearly do not support Trump being President... I never even liked him as Trump the person. As I said before, there is a certain irony in my email inbox getting stuffed with Trump propaganda and requests for donations and you are not.

In the minds of many folks, it was an insurrection. An “insurrection”, by definition, is a “violent uprising against an authority or government.” Capitol stormers who dissented against the election outcome, or even sought to obstruct Congress’ certification of the election, were (violently) rising up against the government. The crux of the contention among commentators, though, lies in whether the crowd was truly violent—an attribution that has faced resistance. This distinction determines whether those who breached the Capitol are to be accurately described as “rally goers” or “rioters,” “patriots” or “terrorists,” “peaceful protestors” or “insurrectionists.”

Give the various choices shown above, how would you describe those who breached the Capitol on January 6th 2020?

Funny how you get email from Trump and I don't.  I'm an independent, but after the fascist crap that is happening I'm absolutely voting for him in 2024 if he is the nominee.  If no other reason, he has to be elected to stop these lunatics from completely destroying the country.  It may already be too late, but reelecting Biden will seal the deal.   

If Trump had not won in 2016 we would have never known about the Hillary Clinton/Obama scheme to falsely smear Trump as a Russian Manchurian Candidate.  Part of the reason they are so desperate to put him in jail for life is they know he will expose those crooks even more if he gets back in office. 

January 6 was not an insurrection.  Play your word games all you want.  You're just a bot.  Repeating what the liberal establishment keeps feeding you.  But that's what they do:  repeat falsehoods to create a narrative, and you follow right along. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #815 on: August 04, 2023, 04:16:51 PM »
Funny how you get email from Trump and I don't.  I'm an independent, but after the fascist crap that is happening I'm absolutely voting for him in 2024 if he is the nominee.  If no other reason, he has to be elected to stop these lunatics from completely destroying the country.  It may already be too late, but reelecting Biden will seal the deal.   

If Trump had not won in 2016 we would have never known about the Hillary Clinton/Obama scheme to falsely smear Trump as a Russian Manchurian Candidate.  Part of the reason they are so desperate to put him in jail for life is they know he will expose those crooks even more if he gets back in office. 

January 6 was not an insurrection.  Play your word games all you want.  You're just a bot.  Repeating what the liberal establishment keeps feeding you.  But that's what they do:  repeat falsehoods to create a narrative, and you follow right along.

Makes a person wish that the AIDS worked faster.
~

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #816 on: August 04, 2023, 04:20:39 PM »

Clearly they are petrified of Donald winning & exposing their lies & skullduggery
If only for that reason I'd like him to be reelected.

No Donald's no angel , only he's far far better than the shower of shit destroying
All they can now for Americans.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: August 04, 2023, 04:24:24 PM »

Once again, given a choice between “rally goers” or “rioters,” “patriots” or “terrorists,” “peaceful protestors” or “insurrectionists.”, how would you describe/lable those who breached the Capitol on January 6th 2020?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #818 on: August 04, 2023, 04:32:45 PM »
Once again, given a choice between “rally goers” or “rioters,” “patriots” or “terrorists,” “peaceful protestors” or “insurrectionists.”, how would you describe/lable those who breached the Capitol on January 6th 2020?

You mean is my answer different from the last time you asked me this question?  No. 

And since you have been calling yourself one of the few rational, logical thinkers on this board, you should put that into practice and revaluate your use of the word "insurrection."  Words mean things.  You are being played.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: August 07, 2023, 11:02:00 AM »
Turley: ‘Disinformation Indictment’ Is Charging Trump for Free Speech
IAN HANCHETT  1 Aug 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” Fox News Contributor and George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley said Special Counsel Jack Smith’s indictment of 2024 Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump “basically just accuses him of disinformation. This is a disinformation indictment” and charges “many” things that are protected by the First Amendment.

Turley said, “There’s less than meets the eye in this indictment. I thought the last indictment was a very serious threat for Donald Trump. When I take a red pen through material that is protected by the First Amendment, it reduces much of this to a haiku. Many of the things that the prosecutor is charging here [are] protected speech.”

He added that “the most jarring thing about this indictment is that it basically just accuses him of disinformation. This is a disinformation indictment. It says that you were spreading falsehoods, that you were undermining the integrity of the election. That’s all part of the First Amendment. And I think that courts will look skeptically, he might have a fair shot with a D.C. jury and maybe a D.C. judge. He’s going to have a harder time with the courts. And this reminds me of sort of the [McDonnell] complaint, where he took the Virginia governor, got a conviction, and then it was unanimously overturned by the Supreme Court. It is a bridge too far.”

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fclips%2F2023%2F08%2F01%2Fturley-disinformation-indictment-is-charging-trump-for-free-speech%2F

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: August 09, 2023, 05:08:49 PM »
Special Counsel Secured Search Warrant For Trump's Twitter Account
Twitter was fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for initially resisting the warrant, new court documents show.
By Lydia O'Connor
Aug 9, 2023
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-twitter-search-warrant_n_64d3c524e4b03c1d73921e5d

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: August 09, 2023, 05:13:45 PM »
President Biden using his DOJ to try and imprison his chief political opponent for life.  Vladimir is probably proud of Biden.

Notice how they bury Biden's private comments that he wants Trump prosecuted. 

Trump’s third indictment is the most personal – and trickiest – one for Biden
Kevin Liptak Jeremy Diamond
By Kevin Liptak and Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Published August 2, 2023

“If you just take what he said, on the record … some would say it’s just flat seditious,” the president said in a barn in Freeport.

Such a statement is hardly surprising from a president whose own White House tenure began under the shadow of former President Donald Trump’s attempts to cling to power. He’s previously declared that Trump and his allies held “a dagger at the throat of America” through lies and violence following Trump’s election loss.

But the timing of his comment Friday night – coming just as special counsel Jack Smith was nearing an indictment related to Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election results – was noteworthy, given how ardently Biden has worked to separate himself from the Justice Department’s work.

Unlike the cases involving hush money paid to an adult film actress or hoarding classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, it’s impossible to separate Biden from the crimes Trump was accused of committing in the indictment returned Tuesday. It was Biden’s election Trump sought to overturn. And Biden himself has already pinned blame on Trump for fomenting the crowds that stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Interactive: Former President Donald Trump’s third indictment, annotated

For Biden, Trump’s third indictment is undoubtedly the most personal. What began as an attempt to deny Biden the presidency is now headed to federal court, and the accountability Biden once said was “necessary” for the insurrection is moving ahead.

There is little question Biden will now say virtually nothing about the indictment, which was made public as the president and his wife were driving to dinner at the white clapboard Matt’s Fish Camp along the Delaware coast. He doesn’t want to provide Trump pretext for claiming political persecution and believes deeply that sitting presidents should not comment on ongoing legal matters.

The White House declined to comment on Trump’s indictment Tuesday, referring questions to the Department of Justice.

“We would refer you to the Justice Department, which conducts its criminal investigations independently,” White House spokesman Ian Sams said.

The White House learned of the indictment through media reports, a White House official said, as was the case with past indictments.

Senior administration officials insist the White House’s silence on the matter is less founded in strategy than in a respect for the independence of the Justice Department and an adherence to norms regarding open federal investigations and prosecutions that nearly every other White House has followed.

After Trump was indicted in June, Biden was repeatedly pressed for comment on the historic first federal indictment of a former president. At every turn, he declined to weigh in, a relatively rare sign of message discipline for the president, which reflected how seriously he has taken upholding the independence of the Trump investigations in particular.

While Biden has spoken passionately about the events of January 6 and efforts to spread lies about the 2020 election, aides note that Biden has never publicly weighed in on any individual investigation or prosecution tied to those events.

Still, Biden has a long history of publicly criticizing Trump for the events of that day and the effort to undo the Democrat’s 2020 win. In private, Biden has been more forceful in his view that Trump should be held responsible for his actions, including telling advisers early in his term that his predecessor should be prosecuted, according to a person familiar with the matter.

In the past, some inside the White House – including Biden himself – have voiced private frustrations at Attorney General Merrick Garland’s deliberative pace in carrying out investigations into Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. There is nothing to indicate anyone inside the White House ever made those views known to Garland directly.

Last month, Biden acknowledged some foreign leaders question why it’s taken so long for Trump to face a legal reckoning, even as he remained deferential to the process underway at the Justice Department.

“The answer is yes,” he told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace when she asked him in June whether his fellow leaders “want to know why the foot soldiers of the insurrection have been charged and prosecuted, but not the leader.”

Still, he was careful to separate himself from the legal process – a strategy he’s honed over the past several months as Trump’s indictments pile up.

“I have faith the Justice Department will move in a direction that is consistent with the law. And so, it may take time,” he said. “I have not spoken about it, and I don’t think I should.”

Some Biden advisers privately say they would love to speak out on Trump’s legal issues, believing the findings only highlight the former president’s continued risk to the country. And first lady Dr. Jill Biden has voiced surprise during conversations with donors that more Republicans aren’t abandoning Trump following his indictments.

Yet Biden’s political aides have determined that the risks of commenting outweigh the rewards, believing that seizing on Trump’s indictment for political gain would only fuel Republican efforts to cast the indictments as politically motivated, rather than the action of an independent Justice Department.

The Biden campaign also intends to stay out of the fray, sticking to its strategy from the previous indictment not to comment or fundraise off of Trump’s prosecution.

Ahead of Trump’s indictment Tuesday, a Biden campaign official said the campaign once again did not intend to fundraise off a Trump indictment, determining that the risks of fundraising off the indictment – which would feed Republican attacks of a politicized prosecution – outweighed the potential benefits.

“It’s so important that we restore the integrity of the Department of Justice and ensure that they are an independent entity and agency and that they continue to do their job in these most critical moments,” Biden campaign manager Julie Chavez Rodriguez told CNN in June of the decision not to fundraise off Trump’s first federal indictment. “And so for us that separation, that independence is core and it’s not something that we will second guess or deliberate.”

How closely Biden can hew to that pledge when it comes to the latest indictment remains to be seen. Unlike the classified documents case, which Biden does not regularly reference in public, the threat to democracy is central to his reelection argument.

The opening frames of the video announcing his 2024 campaign were of rioters on January 6. And in comments to voters and donors alike, Biden has repeatedly warned of what it might mean should Trump return.

“Ask any of your compatriots – whether they’re left, right, or center – what they think about not me, but about if the other guy comes back,” Biden said right after his “seditious” remark last week in Maine.

Speaking earlier in his term, Biden was clear in his belief that the perpetrators of January 6 must be held to account.

“No matter where it goes,” Biden said when asked if that included his predecessor. “Those responsible should be held accountable.”

Polls show concerns about democracy remain at the forefront, two-and-a-half years after January 6. While the economy consistently sits at the top of voters’ lists of issues, concerns over democracy and the electoral process have been ranking higher in surveys since the 2020 election.

A New York Times/Siena poll released this week showed 53% of voters feel Trump “went so far that he threatened American democracy” following the 2020 election. And 51% said they believed Trump “has committed serious federal crimes.”

Yet in a sign of the headwinds Biden continues to face, the poll also showed Biden remains deadlocked with his predecessor – in spite of Trump’s legal predicament.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/02/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-indictment/index.html#:~:text=For%20Biden%2C%20Trump's%20third%20indictment%20is%20undoubtedly%20the%20most%20personal,the%20insurrection%20is%20moving%20ahead.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #822 on: August 10, 2023, 07:53:56 PM »
Fascists hard at work.  Gotta keep the spotlight off The Biden Crime Family.

Atlanta-area prosecutor expected to seek more than a dozen indictments in Trump case
Sara Murray Zachary Cohen
By Sara Murray, Jason Morris and Zachary Cohen, CNN
Updated August 9, 2023
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics/trump-georgia-fani-willis-dozen-indictments/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: August 14, 2023, 08:31:40 PM »
Banana Republic.

Trump Indicted In Georgia Election Interference Case
DIANA GLEBOVA
WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT
August 14, 2023
https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/14/trump-indicted-georgia-election-interference-case/?pnespid=6bpsVyhHL.JFh_nLuyiuA42dsQivXYt7M_Kk2exuqQxmatB0L1pco5u.b3p2RM6BfnZxjQX7KA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: August 15, 2023, 02:11:59 PM »
Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz on Trump’s Georgia indictments:

“First of all, nobody should take seriously that there was grand jury indictment. The fact that it was a grand jury indictment, it means nothing. It's the prosecutor who indicted. The best evidence of that is that it was on his website before the grand jury even voted. Now, the whole strategy of all these four cases is to get a conviction before the election, even if they're going to lose on appeal.

I used to teach my students, many of them future prosecutors, if you bring a Rico case, that increases your chances of winning a trial and losing on appeal. The same thing is true with conspiracy and other cases involving mental states. And so all four of these cases are designed to get quick convictions in jurisdictions that are heavily loaded against Donald Trump.

And these prosecutors don't care as much as prosecutors generally do about having the convictions reversed on appeal, because that will happen after the election, which only goes to prove what I've been arguing now for months. If you're going after the man who's running against your incumbent president, you had darn well better have the strongest case possible. And these are among the four, at least three of them, three weakest cases I’ve ever seen against any candidate. We don't know about the fourth, but it seems like it's very much like the DC case.

And if you're going after the man running for president against your person, you have to have the strongest case. Otherwise, it becomes a banana republic. Anybody can prosecute anybody. And we're opening the door to prosecution of Democrats by Republicans, Republicans by Democrats. It's what Alexander Hamilton wrote in The Federalist is the most dangerous threat to democracy, and we're seeing it unfold in front of our eyes. Very, very tragically.

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Trump supporter, but I care deeply about the Constitution.  I care deeply about preserving the rule of law. And we're seeing it being fritter away for partisan political purposes.”