Author Topic: Olympia: Saw Vic this past weekend at the gym  (Read 22348 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Olympia: Saw Vic this past weekend at the gym
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:53:32 AM »
Big dude.  But looking at him, you would think he was 12 weeks out from a show.  Dude was NOT looking like he was going to do the O this year.  One bicep vein was the extent of vascularity he had on his arms.  

Don't know wtf was up with that though.  He had already finished working out by the time I arrived and was just standing for pics and stuff.  I think he got more of a work out shaking his shaker cup than lifting weights.  Because - no joke - he shook that damn thing for at least 15 mins straight.  I was thinking "wtf he got in there?  cake batter?"

Maybe he will pull a Kai and drastically morph into contest shape in the last days.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: Saw Vic this past weekend at the gym
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »
maybe vic is going for cutleresque conditioning this year

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »
If I were a betting man I'd say he was flat from low carbohydrates and the workout that had just taken place.

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:36:13 PM »
If I were a betting man I'd say he was flat from low carbohydrates and the workout that had just taken place.

8)

listen to Sean

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
  hahahahha ok 'expert' .... you must be a monster..having that your a muscle making 'expert' ...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
L

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »
Vic's window has come and gone unfortunately. I think he was never quite motivated enough to come in absolutely shredded over the years, when he could've won before the competition rose back up to the level it's at this year. I don't think he can beat Heath now even though i like his physique more.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
muscle maker grill

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »
Vic's window has come and gone unfortunately. I think he was never quite motivated enough to come in absolutely shredded over the years, when he could've won before the competition rose back up to the level it's at this year. I don't think he can beat Heath now even though i like his physique more.
Old man schmoe.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »
  hahahahha ok 'expert' .... you must be a monster..having that your a muscle making 'expert' ...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Considering the shape you got into for the Mr GetBig...you may want to listen to Mr. Maloney. He knows a thing or two about prep.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »

Doubt it.

I have seen others (Darrem, Priest, Paul Baker, Dex, etc..) that were carb depleted and still had vascularity going on.

I am not saying he was flat, I am saying he looked a bit too fat for a contest soon.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Olympia: Saw Vic this past weekend at the gym
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 04:08:26 PM »
some ppl just arent very vascular......example.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
some ppl just arent very vascular......example.

Synthol.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »
Vic has had ANOTHER tough year...
A

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »
Vic has had ANOTHER tough year...

hell yea
TEAM WOLF

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
Vic drops a lot in the last 12 days, just the way he preps, sometimes up to 20 pounds, not the best way to prepare but hes not on his own some guys get contest ready a few weeks out only to drop that 20 pounds they didnt need to drop and they come in flat, few of our competitive posters here have suffered the same issue,Hazbin comes to mind, the last week your metabolism seems to race as you begin to stress, i also think this was a factor with Wolfe last year, he was probably ready early and just flattend out coming in, look for him to be heavier and fuller a week out this time around. Vic nailing his condition is his issue though he has all the tools just cant seem to pull it all together show day. But hes not on his own, its easier said than done.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 05:38:29 PM »
Vic drops a lot in the last 12 days, just the way he preps, sometimes up to 20 pounds, not the best way to prepare but hes not on his own some guys get contest ready a few weeks out only to drop that 20 pounds they didnt need to drop and they come in flat, few of our competitive posters here have suffered the same issue,Hazbin comes to mind, the last week your metabolism seems to race as you begin to stress, i also think this was a factor with Wolfe last year, he was probably ready early and just flattend out coming in, look for him to be heavier and fuller a week out this time around. Vic nailing his condition is his issue though he has all the tools just cant seem to pull it all together show day. But hes not on his own, its easier said than done.

Since conditioning's always been an issue for him i think he should've tried something else.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 05:43:12 PM »
The only day that matters is the day of the contest!!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »
Big dude.  But looking at him, you would think he was 12 weeks out from a show.  Dude was NOT looking like he was going to do the O this year.  One bicep vein was the extent of vascularity he had on his arms.  

Don't know wtf was up with that though.  He had already finished working out by the time I arrived and was just standing for pics and stuff.  I think he got more of a work out shaking his shaker cup than lifting weights.  Because - no joke - he shook that damn thing for at least 15 mins straight.  I was thinking "wtf he got in there?  cake batter?"

Maybe he will pull a Kai and drastically morph into contest shape in the last days.

Thanks for sharing, now where are the pics?

stealth_swimmer

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »
The only day that matters is the day of the contest!!

x2, and I don't really remember Vic ever being all that vascular even when he's really conditioned and striated. Vascularity adds to the ripped look but it's really not the same all on its own.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 06:01:57 AM »
Doubt it.

I have seen others (Darrem, Priest, Paul Baker, Dex, etc..) that were carb depleted and still had vascularity going on.

I am not saying he was flat, I am saying he looked a bit too fat for a contest soon.

That's when you look yourflattest though. Atthepeakof depletion before the carb up has begun. If you've ever tried to get lean you'll know you go flat as a pancake until you get some proper food in there before the show.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
Vic looked great at the Olympia considering everything he went through.  However, it appears that while other competitors are stepping up their game, Vic is on the decline.  He needs a completely renewed effort to leg training if he wants to win big titles in the future.