Author Topic: Chris Dorner - Southern California - rise and fall  (Read 183612 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Chris Dorner - Southern California - rise and fall
« Reply #1875 on: February 17, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »
Police were shooting at cars blindly.. sounds pretty messed up ...but were they?

And "we" don't know shit. You conclude he would have been excecuted on the spot, however, time and time again, when barricaded suspects come out with their hands up, they are taken into custody.

As far as warning... why don't we wait until the facts come out?  What if... once the facts are known about the delivery ladies it went down something like this;

5 am, dark.... residential street. You know, because you have run into it before,  that in the dark, gray, blue, silver on a vehicle look about the same. Hell, you know from experience descriptions are put out all the time on a particular color only to find out it was a light blue vehicle instead of a silver one.

So, it's dark out, residential street. You are guarding a house on the hit list of a cop killing psycho. A vehicle matching the description approaches driving in an erratic manner. Slow, weaving, not the norm. As the vehicle approaches you see it matches the description pretty damn close. You or your partner turn on your overhead lights and give orders to stop over the PA. You can't see inside and you don't know it's two women. The driver, seeing the cops, freaks, doesn't know what to do, but doesn't stop. Lets say in a panic she accelerates. Based on the information you have you have to make a decision pretty damn quick as the vehicle is coming your way fast. So you and your partner blast the hell out of it, it passes by you continue blasting the hell out of it. When it does come to a stop you discover it's two females. You were given a tough task, put in a tough situation and made a decision to the best of your ability based on the information at that very moment. You don't have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight.

Hell no I don't know if any of that happened. But I don't think you know none of it did. So why don't we wait until all the facts come out before we decide cops are blindly shooting at cars? 

102 shots fired into the car... That's pretty damn blindly shooting don't you think.

All of that and those clowns still didn't kill anyone.

It's a damn miracle.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1876 on: February 17, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
102 shots fired into the car... That's pretty damn blindly shooting don't you think.

All of that and those clowns still didn't kill anyone.

It's a damn miracle.

Wow! If it were 102 shots that is quite amazing that no one was fatally wounded.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1877 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Wow! If it were 102 shots that is quite amazing that no one was fatally wounded.

7 cops.

If they each used the department issued Glock 21 with a 13 round mag and unloaded it, then you're looking at 91 shots just there... Most would have 1 in the chamber already I'd wager, so that's 98.

The LAPD will allow you to qualify on any weapon you choose though, so it could have more or less rounds I supposed, but anything close to 100 makes it unbelievable and lucky as hell they didn't kill anyone.

They should be grateful that they all must be horrible shots.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1878 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
7 cops.

If they each used the department issued Glock 21 with a 13 round mag and unloaded it, then you're looking at 91 shots just there... Most would have 1 in the chamber already I'd wager, so that's 98.

The LAPD will allow you to qualify on any weapon you choose though, so it could have more or less rounds I supposed, but anything close to 100 makes it unbelievable and lucky as hell they didn't kill anyone.

Not to be a pest, but I don't think LAPD would be issuing .45's. Probably more likely a .40 like the Glock 22. I would also imagine they are not limited to that particular weapon so it's probably up in the air on the math at this point. But considering the amount of hits on the vehicle that may have been in motion part of the time, not too shabby. I can imagine their "oh crap" factor when it was discovered it was not Dormer and their "thank god" reaction when they found out they would be alright. 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #1879 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:22 AM »
Not to be a pest, but I don't think LAPD would be issuing .45's. Probably more likely a .40 like the Glock 22. I would also imagine they are not limited to that particular weapon so it's probably up in the air on the math at this point. But considering the amount of hits on the vehicle that may have been in motion part of the time, not too shabby. I can imagine their "oh crap" factor when it was discovered it was not Dormer and their "thank god" reaction when they found out they would be alright. 

alright? i hope that if they but a 100 rounds into a truck that there would be some repercussion.s

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1880 on: February 17, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »
alright? i hope that if they but a 100 rounds into a truck that there would be some repercussion.s

alright as in the occupants would be alright..

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1881 on: February 17, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
7 cops.

^

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1882 on: February 17, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »

You are being a pest because that IS what the LAPD gives you when you graduate the academy.

Fucking look it up.

A lot of jurisdictions give .45s.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1883 on: February 17, 2013, 07:07:21 PM »
Chris Dorner  = Great American Hero

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1884 on: February 18, 2013, 04:40:52 AM »

Apparently there are f*cks out there that actually think that

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1885 on: February 18, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »

Chris Dorner = Extra Crispy!!

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #1886 on: February 18, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »
His eyes were blue.      One blew this way, one blew that way.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1887 on: February 18, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
You are being a pest because that IS what the LAPD gives you when you graduate the academy.

Fucking look it up.

A lot of jurisdictions give .45s.

ok, here's what I found

Until 2002, LAPD officers' standard issue pistol was the Beretta 92F/92FS. However, when William Bratton was appointed Chief of the LAPD, he allowed his officers to carry the Glock pistol, a weapon which the two previous departments he was chief at (the New York City Police Department and the Boston Police Department) carried. New officers graduating from the LAPD academy are now issued the Glock 22 or Glock 17 but can qualify in a variety of firearms.[78] Officers now have the choice of carrying

Beretta:
 92F, 92FS, 92FS-Stainless Steel, 8045 (4" barrel)
Smith & Wesson:
 459, 5904, 5903, 659, 5906, 645, 4506, 4566, 4567, 5903 TSW, 5906 TSW, 4569 TSW, and 4566 TSW.
Glock:
 9mm: Model 34, Model 17, Model 19 .40 caliber: Model 35, Model 22, Model 23 .45 ACP: Model 21, 21SF

That was from a quick wiki search but if you find something different, cool.  Skip would call you a liar for saying Glock 21 but I just think you were mistaken. It happens

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1888 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
ok, here's what I found

Until 2002, LAPD officers' standard issue pistol was the Beretta 92F/92FS. However, when William Bratton was appointed Chief of the LAPD, he allowed his officers to carry the Glock pistol, a weapon which the two previous departments he was chief at (the New York City Police Department and the Boston Police Department) carried. New officers graduating from the LAPD academy are now issued the Glock 22 or Glock 17 but can qualify in a variety of firearms.[78] Officers now have the choice of carrying

Beretta:
 92F, 92FS, 92FS-Stainless Steel, 8045 (4" barrel)
Smith & Wesson:
 459, 5904, 5903, 659, 5906, 645, 4506, 4566, 4567, 5903 TSW, 5906 TSW, 4569 TSW, and 4566 TSW.
Glock:
 9mm: Model 34, Model 17, Model 19 .40 caliber: Model 35, Model 22, Model 23 .45 ACP: Model 21, 21SF

That was from a quick wiki search but if you find something different, cool.  Skip would call you a liar for saying Glock 21 but I just think you were mistaken. It happens

Oh man... I guess I was wrong.

You got me!!! You have successfully proven a person wrong on the internet... It must be a big day for you.

What I find so interesting is that you're worried about the caliber, but hey... As long as it wasn't a .45 shooting into the car, it totally makes the 100+ rounds A-OK.

Doesn't change the fact that many jurisdictions also issue .45s.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1889 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »
Oh man... I guess I was wrong.

You got me!!! You have successfully proven a person wrong on the internet... It must be a big day for you.

What I find so interesting is that you're worried about the caliber, but hey... As long as it wasn't a .45 shooting into the car, it totally makes the 100+ rounds A-OK.

Doesn't change the fact that many jurisdictions also issue .45s.

"You are being a pest because that IS what LAPD issues. Fuckin look it up..........."

I wouldn't have bothered had you not been such a dick. sheesh

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1890 on: February 18, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
7 cops issued 100 shots into a vehicle - and they had NO CLUE who was inside.

There is no way to defend that.  I dont care if it was driving slow or weaving or anything else.  It was a death squad that got the wrong car. 

I hope all 7 of them explain why they opened fire like that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1891 on: February 18, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »
"You are being a pest because that IS what LAPD issues. Fuckin look it up..........."

I wouldn't have bothered had you not been such a dick. sheesh

You are still ignoring that 7 cops shot up an innocent persons car with over 100 rounds.

Hahaha...You really have nothing else to say about that?

You can't even admit how fucked up it is? Can you even say "Those cops were wrong"?

Is that even in your vocabulary?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1892 on: February 18, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »
vigilante death squad above the law

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #1893 on: February 18, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »
7 cops issued 100 shots into a vehicle - and they had NO CLUE who was inside.

There is no way to defend that. 

X100

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #1894 on: February 18, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
V

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1895 on: February 19, 2013, 03:38:12 AM »
Rip tealc

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1896 on: February 19, 2013, 07:13:03 AM »
You are still ignoring that 7 cops shot up an innocent persons car with over 100 rounds.

Hahaha...You really have nothing else to say about that?

You can't even admit how fucked up it is? Can you even say "Those cops were wrong"?

Is that even in your vocabulary?

Man I went into complete detail on a possible scenario on the shooting... that isn't ignoring it. Fuckin look it up

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1897 on: February 19, 2013, 07:26:47 AM »
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1898 on: February 19, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »
Man I went into complete detail on a possible scenario on the shooting... that isn't ignoring it. Fuckin look it up

You went into complete detail on why you think it could happen. I saw that.

Why don't you give an opinion on whether or not you think those Cops did the right thing or not?

See... We see what you do. You give scenarios, then you give zero opinion that would go against your boys in blue.

You're a shill.

Everyone can fuckin' look THAT up.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1899 on: February 19, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »
You went into complete detail on why you think it could happen. I saw that.

Why don't you give an opinion on whether or not you think those Cops did the right thing or not?

See... We see what you do. You give scenarios, then you give zero opinion that would go against your boys in blue.

You're a shill.

Everyone can fuckin' look THAT up.

I'm waiting for all the facts.. See, I understand that we ask cops to do a tough job and most times they are doing the best they can, and that is better than what most people can do without the training. So we sit back on our couch and watch the news and see that a bunch of renegade cops shot up a truck for no apparent reason because they're out of control and we demand they be fired, hung, put in prison..

But having been in situation myself where what appeared to be a logical conclusion based on the available information I had at the time, turns out to be different than what it appears. Sometimes there are just a chain of unfortunate events that lead to bad endings. I gave a possible scenario to paint a picture of what may have been going through their minds at the time. Often times there isn't the luxury of wait and see. I would expect that the shooting be examined extensively and if it is found the officers responded in a manner that a reasonable person would not respond in, given the same set of circumstances and with the same information the officers had at the time, then certainly they should be held accountable. But I'm waiting to see what was going on.  

I would be surprised if there wasn't at least a conclusion that the procedure they used to set up guard on a residence won't be changed in order to reduce the odds of this happening again. In fact, one of the things that is always looked at in these incidents is how can we do better next time. There are after action reports for major incidents and there are DE-briefings for smaller ones.. and in every case, even when things go well, officers are supposed to critique themselves and talk about ways to do it better next time.