Author Topic: Fed Ex to cancel billion(s) dollar contract with Boeing over "Card Check" Bill  (Read 5628 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
How about the fact that our state is broke?????

You see, that is the union mentality, selfish, self centered, no regard for the big picture, and rather lose everything than give concessions. 

I have no sympathy for these people.  We pay the highest taxes in the nation in the county I live in and these greedy slobs cant foregoe a raise????

Screw em.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Labor manufactures prodcuts.  Labor performs services.  That's the basis for value/wealth.  Everything else is management.

They do the work that creates the things we buy.  They suck our sewers, deliver our mail, purify our water, fix our roads...etc.

I'm talking about individual wealth.  How do you define individual wealth?  Is it just having a job?  A good paying job, etc.?  

McDonalds provides products, services, and jobs too.  

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...

You see, that is the union mentality, selfish, self centered, no regard for the big picture, and rather lose everything than give concessions. 

I have no sympathy for these people.  We pay the highest taxes in the nation in the county I live in and these greedy slobs cant foregoe a raise????

Screw em.

you remind me of the type of guy thats gets knocked out at a bar because you can't keep your mouth shut...you know the type always gotta throw his two cents in on every conversation.comes in and orders a scotch and thinks he's better than everyone else.you know the type of guy that treats his coworkers like there shit.thinks his shit don't stink.you know the type that comes to a bodybuilding board to solely argue politics.little off topic.but just callin it like I see it.
DAWG

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
Let me explain something to you, I started a business from nothing to benefit me because I was not happy at the salry I was making working for someone else.  I hope to grow it in the future.  I employ people who are free to leave if they want to do better.  Let them go work somewhere else or start their own business if they feel they are being undervalued.  My business does not exist to provide benefits to other people.   

The day that I am told or forced to allow my employees to tell me what to do, or how to run my place, I am shutting down and laying them off. 

Our country was founded on freedom, not redistribution schemes by criminal union thugs who always have their lazy hands out.

Unions as they exist today are a plague, especially in education and government..         

I am sick of this entitlement attitude that permeates our society.  Where is Ayn Rand when you MOST need her?  Liberals cater to the losers of society.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
you remind me of the type of guy thats gets knocked out at a bar because you can't keep your mouth shut...you know the type always gotta throw his two cents in on every conversation.comes in and orders a scotch and thinks he's better than everyone else.you know the type of guy that treats his coworkers like there shit.thinks his shit don't stink.you know the type that comes to a bodybuilding board to solely argue politics.little off topic.but just callin it like I see it.

Maybe if you had the faculties to go toe to toe with him you would not feel so inadequate.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
Maybe if you had the faculties to go toe to toe with him you would not feel so inadequate.

ha ha.just know the type thats all.your probably his gimmick account anyway.but if your not your just the same.some chump that blames everything wrong with the world on the democrates.just another holier than thou finger pointer with an agenda.probably jack off to rush Limbaugh.
DAWG

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I own two businesses fool.  My co-workers are employees. 

Decker

• Getbig V
I'm talking about individual wealth.  How do you define individual wealth?  Is it just having a job?  A good paying job, etc.?  

McDonalds provides products, services, and jobs too.  
What does the definition of individual wealth have to do with the merits of union bargaining?

Decker

• Getbig V

Screw em.
What you call 'selfish' I call fair bargaining.  In your world, the bargaining process is sick:  the capitalist is dictatorial and labor is the functional equivalent of slavery.  Management needs labor and vice versa.  Why do you think it's a good idea to cut labor out of the bargaining process?  They are as valuable to the company as management. 

This question of unionization would be moot if the goddam owners weren't so greedy.  Remember the motto of today's entrepeneur:  Work for food...what, you expect pay as well?

Decker

• Getbig V
I am sick of this entitlement attitude that permeates our society.  Where is Ayn Rand when you MOST need her?  Liberals cater to the losers of society.
Ayn Rand is for high schoolers.  Which part of fair bargaining is an entitlement?  Seriously, Rand's work is for kids.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What you call 'selfish' I call fair bargaining.  In your world, the bargaining process is sick:  the capitalist is dictatorial and labor is the functional equivalent of slavery.  Management needs labor and vice versa.  Why do you think it's a good idea to cut labor out of the bargaining process?  They are as valuable to the company as management. 

This question of unionization would be moot if the goddam owners weren't so greedy.  Remember the motto of today's entrepeneur:  Work for food...what, you expect pay as well?

What part of BROKE do you not understand????

What part of "ALREADY PAY THE HIGHEST TAXES IN NATION" do you not understand????

By taking your attitude and belief, the union just willingly sacrificed 9000 jobs.  I will bet you almost anything that those 9000 employees would gladly give up a RAISE instead of losing their job.   

big L dawg

• Getbig V

OK so you treat your employees like shit.I know your type act like your better than others.meanwhile your old lady is getting gang banged by black dudes while your at work.I bet every time you go on one of your rants about liberals she just rolls her eyes and waits for you to go to work and crack your whip.
DAWG

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
OK so you treat your employees like shit.I know your type act like your better than others.meanwhile your old lady is getting gang banged by black dudes while your at work.I bet every time you go on one of your rants about liberals she just rolls her eyes and waits for you to go to work and crack your whip.

Thats funny since they have been with me for over 5 years, set their own schedule, and get bonuses routinely when more money is available.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

lol.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
What does the definition of individual wealth have to do with the merits of union bargaining?

You said "Union workers create wealth."  I'm trying to understand what you mean by that.  If anything, they might help increase salaries, but I don't equate higher salaries with wealth creation.

Decker

• Getbig V
What part of BROKE do you not understand????

What part of "ALREADY PAY THE HIGHEST TAXES IN NATION" do you not understand????

By taking your attitude and belief, the union just willingly sacrificed 9000 jobs.  I will bet you almost anything that those 9000 employees would gladly give up a RAISE instead of losing their job.   
I don't wish to take the time to look into the legitimacy of your claims re the budgetary crisis in NY.  If you are correct and the jobs were lost due only to the unmitigated greed of the workers then that's a shame.  If you are wrong and there are extenuating circumstances to the issue then that's that.  I'm not sure what you're getting at with your complaint about highest taxes in nation.  I thought New Jersey had the largest tax burden in the country.  And anyways your tax burden is extremely close to mine here in WI.  The top states are seperated by one or 2 percent.  http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html

Either way your point has little to do with the economic and equitable ramifications of a level bargaining field btn labor and management and the levelling effect unions have on that process. 

Decker

• Getbig V
You said "Union workers create wealth."  I'm trying to understand what you mean by that.  If anything, they might help increase salaries, but I don't equate higher salaries with wealth creation.

Labor produces.  Makes products.  Renders services.  All of which add/create value.  That is the stuff that makes wealth.

You seem to be discussing only personal holdings.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Labor produces.  Makes products.  Renders services.  All of which add/create value.  That is the stuff that makes wealth.

You seem to be discussing only personal holdings.

Fast food places do that too. 

What makes wealth is people owning their own businesses, investing, and the government reducing the tax/regulation burden. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't wish to take the time to look into the legitimacy of your claims re the budgetary crisis in NY.  If you are correct and the jobs were lost due only to the unmitigated greed of the workers then that's a shame.  If you are wrong and there are extenuating circumstances to the issue then that's that.  I'm not sure what you're getting at with your complaint about highest taxes in nation.  I thought New Jersey had the largest tax burden in the country.  And anyways your tax burden is extremely close to mine here in WI.  The top states are seperated by one or 2 percent.  http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html

Either way your point has little to do with the economic and equitable ramifications of a level bargaining field btn labor and management and the levelling effect unions have on that process. 

No, I said the Union would not negotiate, the 9000 workers who lost their jobs did not have a say in the matter.

Again, I will bet you almost anything that most of those workers, givien the choice, would do without the raise if it meant keeping their job. 

The Union is to blame for this, not the workers themselves. 

Decker

• Getbig V
Fast food places do that too. 

What makes wealth is people owning their own businesses, investing, and the government reducing the tax/regulation burden. 
I disagree.  What makes wealth is productive work.  That's the basis.  Without productive work, there is no investing, there is nothing to tax.

Decker

• Getbig V
No, I said the Union would not negotiate, the 9000 workers who lost their jobs did not have a say in the matter.

Again, I will bet you almost anything that most of those workers, givien the choice, would do without the raise if it meant keeping their job. 

The Union is to blame for this, not the workers themselves. 
Even if I take what you say at face value, and I don't, how does that measure up to these things:

US Bank cut 73,000 jobs.

Bank of America cut 35,000 jobs.

GM cut 34,000 jobs.  HP, AT&T cut tens of thousands of jobs.

Those greedy bastards.  If only they had a union to defend the workforce.

Yet you attribute the 9000 jobs lost to the greed of the Union. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
you guys are all talking about wealth.it's the middle class that makes everything possible not the wealthy or the poor.
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I disagree.  What makes wealth is productive work.  That's the basis.  Without productive work, there is no investing, there is nothing to tax.

Hard work is definitely an ingredient, but no more important than living below your means, saving, investing, keeping more of what you make, etc. 

I think we just have different definitions of wealth.