Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 3849 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Time Travel
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:15:17 PM »
If you could travel back in time to any moment in bodybuilding history, what would it be?

I'd like to be there during the scene in that photo from the 80 Olympia where Arnold supposedly tells Mentzer that he didn't win because his belly was hanging out all over the place.

Another candidate is when Robby Robinson first came to LA and there was supposedly no one to pick him up at the airport so he walked from LAX all the way down to Venice.

On the contest front, probably the 1988 Mr. Olympia in LA.  Haney, Gaspari, Demey, Labrada, Strydom.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »
I was at the 1988 Olympia. Row 10 dead center. Big fun. Sold out Universal amphitheater.  Arnold being announced and hit with the spot light in the crowd drew the biggest applause.  Bob Paris posing was a close second.  Phil Williams was the third loudest crowd response.

Edit: Phil Hill
a

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:04:58 PM »
Mirage. Room 7 near the ice machine

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:11:43 PM »
I'd travel back to the time that Vince Basile built his bicep supination machine and thought about his theory of hypertrophy.

It would be wonderful to be part of that history.
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:22:03 PM »
Mirage. Room 7 near the ice machine

some believe that is still going on.   In the present.

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »
I go back to the very moment right before onlyme was bitten by that spider. " Hey look out for that spider bruh!!"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
If you could travel back in time to any moment in bodybuilding history, what would it be?

I'd like to be there during the scene in that photo from the 80 Olympia where Arnold supposedly tells Mentzer that he didn't win because his belly was hanging out all over the place.

Another candidate is when Robby Robinson first came to LA and there was supposedly no one to pick him up at the airport so he walked from LAX all the way down to Venice.

On the contest front, probably the 1988 Mr. Olympia in LA.  Haney, Gaspari, Demey, Labrada, Strydom.

Mid-70's to 80's.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 09:26:24 PM »
I'd travel back to the time that Vince Basile built his bicep supination machine and thought about his theory of hypertrophy.

Would you also go back to 1970 to see the Mr canada show?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »
The Physics of Time Travel:

ACCELERATION = TIME DIALATION
As pointed out earlier, acceleration will produce time dilation. This can be observed by the “twins paradox”. As one twin stays on Earth, the other twin in his accelerating spaceship experiences a slower passing of time. When he returns to Earth, he is noticeably younger than his twin who aged normally in Earth time. This type of “time travel” (should have been proven already on this worldline) with atomic clock experiments. With sufficient power, this type of time travel will only provide practical displacement in a future direction. This type of time travel is also isolated to a single worldline. You will not meet yourself.

GRAVITY = ACCELERATION
As Einstein pointed out with his STR, the effects of gravity and acceleration are the same. Therefore, you will experience the same time travel effects in the twin paradox by being close to a large gravity source. In the atomic clock experiments mentioned above, the reason there was a difference in time was not because the clock in the plane was moving, it was because the clock in the well was closer to the center of the Earth. Constant speed is not acceleration.

LARGE GRAVITY = STATIC BLACK HOLE
The next step is to find a large gravity source to use in your time machine. Static black holes provide this type of power. As one twin approaches the event horizon or edge of the black hole, the other twin will watch him as he appears to slow down. He will notice his twin’s watch run slower until it stops at the event horizon. The twin moving toward the horizon will notice none of this and see his watch running just fine. Although possible, a trip into a static black hole will not take you to another worldline and it’s one-way. The force of gravity will crush you.

ROTATING BLACK HOLE = DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY
Fortunately, most black holes are not static. They spin. Spinning black holes are often referred to as Kerr black holes. A Kerr black hole has two interesting properties. One, they have two event horizons and two, the singularity is not a point, it looks more like a donut. These odd properties also have a pronounced affect on the black hole’s gravity. There are vectors where you can approach the singularity without being crushed by gravity. (For those interested in seeing a graphic of a photon trip through a Kerr black hole, try here)

http://qso.lanl.gov/~bromley/nu_nofun.html

DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY = PASSAGE INTO ALTERNATE WORLDLINE
Another other more interesting result of passing through a donut singularity is that you travel through time by passing into another universe or worldline. Please see Penrose diagrams for Kerr Black holes or you can examine the calculations of Frank Tipler.

So now the problem becomes….where do we find a donut-shaped singularity?

A PONDERING HAWKING = MICROSINGULARITY
Steven Hawking proposed the existence of microsingularities that were created in the big bang. They were probably about the size of a proton and disappeared over the years due to an effect of radiation evaporation. (Yes, black holes do emit energy.)

HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS = ARTIFICIAL MICROSINGULARITY
When I first started posting online a few months ago, I said that major breakthroughs in particle physics were around your corner. Soon, CERN will bring their big machine on line and they will be smashing very fast and high-energy particles together. One of the more odd and potentially dangerous items produced from this incease in energy will be microsingularities a fraction of the size of an electron. (for those who would like to follow the developments at CERN)

http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html

ARTIFICIAL MICROSINGULARITY = LOCALIZED KERR FIELD
Through trial and error, and although they are quite heavy, hot and capable of putting out a great deal of energy (300 – 500 megawatts), it’s discovered that these microsingularities can be electrified and captured. It is also interesting to note at this point that electrified singularities also have two event horizons. By spinning these various microsingularities, a localized Kerr field is created.

LOCALIZED KERR FIELD = TIPLER SINUSOID
By using two microsingularites in close proximity to each other, it is possible to create, manipulate and alter the Kerr fields to create a Tipler gravity sinusoid. This field can be adjusted, rotated and moved in order to simulate the movement of mass through a donut-shaped singularity and into an alternate world line. Thus, safe time travel.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »

Paul Graham's Ifbb Mr.Australia '75 (Arnold was ref) & Vinces last place would be far more interesting to see.
Just imagine his facial expressions  ;D ;D ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:15 PM »
Paul Graham's Ifbb Mr.Australia '75 (Arnold was ref) & Vinces last place would be far more interesting to see.
Just imagine his facial expressions  ;D ;D ;D

:D :D

He would probably find some way to blame goodrum  :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »

yes, and i would bring goodrum with me to compete against basile. the ultimate showdown!!
X

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 10:40:14 PM »
I was at the 1988 Olympia. Row 10 dead center. Big fun. Sold out Universal amphitheater.  Arnold being announced and hit with the spot light in the crowd drew the biggest applause.  Bob Paris posing was a close second.  Phil Williams was the third loudest crowd response.

Phil Williams?  Damn, I had forgotten about him.  Did he place?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
:D :D

He would probably find some way to blame goodrum  :-\ :-\

History channel or BBC4 should remake that "historic" bb contest, Analbolichalo could play Vince  ;D
Spielberg could interested (anyone with Steve phone #.)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 11:21:43 PM »
Phil Williams?  Damn, I had forgotten about him.  Did he place?

Top 10 I believe.  Crazy legs. Great routine. Good dude. Solid conditioning that night. Super vascular.
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 11:24:42 PM »
Hold everything! Not Phil Williams- Phil Hill.
a

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 02:55:15 AM »

I'd go back, beat Vince, to save this board from him posting here.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 04:20:04 AM »
Bathroom stalls, paper bags, and Tom prince

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 05:17:26 AM »
To right before I read this thread...

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:14 AM »
I'd go back and Prevent those Ninjas from attacking Flex Wheeler and he would have a chance to be on stage and compete

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 06:34:19 AM »

I'd camp out by ice machine #7 in the Vegas Mirage Hotel on Olympia weekends back in the mid 90's.
Epic schmoe history would unfold, right before your eyes

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 06:39:04 AM »
June 21st 1941, and tell him not to do it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 06:39:30 AM »
To right before I read this thread...

;D ;D
Y

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 06:49:36 AM »
That's easy. November 5, 1955 in Hill Valley, CA. 30 years before that black mayor Goldie Wilson ruined that town. Should've stuck to his old job mopping floors at the local diner. Plus, the clock tower was still working. Love that clock tower.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 08:00:51 AM »
That's easy. November 5, 1955 in Hill Valley, CA. 30 years before that black mayor Goldie Wilson ruined that town. Should've stuck to his old job mopping floors at the local diner. Plus, the clock tower was still working. Love that clock tower.

But wait, Goldie said he would "clean up this town", say it ain't so.