Author Topic: UFC 229 - Discussion  (Read 37075 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: UFC 229 - Discussion
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
Well UFC is kinda fucked now.....

Makes sense given they created the elements to allow this to boil over.

UFC will back down and do a behind closed door deal to solve the Russia issue. No way would the UFC right a Russian market boycott. They see Russia as a key growth market.

It sounds true what someone said earlier, Putin or someone stepped in and covered his money. No way would be back off from 2M so someons ponied up for bim.

When i saw the Putin interview it was clear there is now political pressure on the UFC. So Dana will find himself backpedaling or losing the Russian market. A shitty thing to do but its penance for not sanctioning Conor for the  bus incident.

I think Conor lost fans from that fight. In the 2yrs he has been away ive seen heaps beffer fighters. im not interested in seeing him fight again.

I would hardly think Putin floated Khabib $2 million to cover his pay.  As we've seen with Khabib, unike with Conor, some things are far more important than money.  I believe wholeheartedly that Khabib would walk.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »
Lowballer!! ;D

He just wants a threesome. :D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »
He just wants a threesome. :D

So a muslim, catholic and Jew walk into an octagon.. Two men enter, one man scream!

"1"

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
So a muslim, catholic and Jew walk into an octagon.. Two men enter, one man scream!

"1"

;D  Perfect!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2018, 05:30:32 PM »
 :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »

"1"

LMAO!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »

"1"

Q

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2018, 07:23:53 PM »
Anyone watching the Fedor vs Sonnen fight tonight?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »
Fedor by ko.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2018, 07:37:20 PM »
Fedor by ko.

Watching the guys hit the bag in the hype video there is no question Fedor hits like a rock. Sonnen can't compare to the striking power. In the hype video Chael talked about how hard he hits but there is no comparison. Fedor is in the end of his career and to a lessor extent so is Sonnen. Fedor is showing his age. Sonnen's frame is to light to weigh that amount though he claims the weight suits him. I had a ticket to the fight but I'm shot from work. I would like to say I saw the legend Fedor live even if it's at the very end of his career.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2018, 08:05:09 PM »

HAHAHAHA! Three complete nutjobs. Fake Pocahontas. Fake Shanaynay. Fake Pedro. 
a

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2018, 08:30:00 PM »
I would hardly think Putin floated Khabib $2 million to cover his pay.  As we've seen with Khabib, unike with Conor, some things are far more important than money.  I believe wholeheartedly that Khabib would walk.
And so what if he does walk? Always another fighter to take his place. Not like he's got any personality or charisma

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »
Watching the guys hit the bag in the hype video there is no question Fedor hits like a rock. Sonnen can't compare to the striking power. In the hype video Chael talked about how hard he hits but there is no comparison. Fedor is in the end of his career and to a lessor extent so is Sonnen. Fedor is showing his age. Sonnen's frame is to light to weigh that amount though he claims the weight suits him. I had a ticket to the fight but I'm shot from work. I would like to say I saw the legend Fedor live even if it's at the very end of his career.

I hope Fedor wins the grand prix..
Great way to end his career..
I saw Fedor in Anaheim when he fought arloviski / affliction show..

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
Chael getting paid again for his performance :D

Q

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: UFC 229
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2018, 02:11:17 AM »

Unless you know something different he only had to pay for repairs to the bus. He didn't get charged with anything else. He wasn't sentenced for a crime and unless he has civil cases pending he didn't lose millions.

And it was at a UFC event just like Khabib was.

Spiking your water with cocaine would be a clear violation of the UFC's policy on illegal drugs. I was asking if the UFC has a rule that says you can't strike an opponent's teammate (I said coach previously), which you said was a violation of the rules.  Let's not forget Brock Lesnar came into the ring post fight and shoved Daniel Cormier, and Cormiers corner shoved (attacked) Brock. Wouldn't this be a violation of the rule you referred to?

I'm willing to guess they don't have a rule against any of this but I'm sure it will fall under some established guidelines.

Don't get mad bro, it's a discussion board.

I'm not saying Khabibs actions were okay but they are justified when you take everything into context. ?

Do you really think what he did was way worse than what Connor did (he used an object as a deadly weapon, injured someone and caused physical damage to private property. If I recall correctly he was also trespassing as he wasn't supposed to be allowed into the garage)?

Dana White has blurred the lines. He uses Brock coming into the cage to create a physical situation. He allowed Connors attack on the bus to be used to hype the fight.

But everyone feigns shock and disgust when the guy who grew up wrestling bears can't distinguish "manufactured hype" from reality......

Please.🙄

I was sadly misinformed as to the consequences to Conor following his attack on the bus. His pleas deal included no criminal record, five days of community service, three days of anger management classes, and to pay the bus company restitution for the damage he caused.

It just goes to show that, once again, if you have money and some clout you get a different version of the "justice" system that the rest of us peons great.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2018, 03:10:00 AM »
I was sadly misinformed as to the consequences to Conor following his attack on the bus. His pleas deal included no criminal record, five days of community service, three days of anger management classes, and to pay the bus company restitution for the damage he caused.

It just goes to show that, once again, if you have money and some clout you get a different version of the "justice" system that the rest of us peons great.

That's true. If anyone else did that, they would most likely get a criminal record and their life would be ruined.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2018, 04:04:26 AM »

Pretty sure you've got what you've paid for. Enjoy, cuck.   :)