Author Topic: UFC 229 - Discussion  (Read 37285 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: UFC 229
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
PRAY 4 WAR..

You said basically what Nick Diaz said... go to 5:50 mark of this video. You and Diaz are on the same page

Intradesting.  I always liked the Diaz brothers.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »
Is the improper use of a question mark the new “would of”?

You are correct. Duly noted.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
It's interesting that the UFC helped create this mess, then want to divest themselves of it when it hits the fan.  They used felony assault to promote the fight.  And once again, they allowed Conor to use overtly racist attacks against his opponent, but then they wonder why that opponent took issue and lost his cool?  

This type of promotion would never fly in any other major sports league.  If Conor is truly talented as a mouth piece, he shouldn't need to go there, nor should they allow him to.  Khabib didn't take the sport to the gutter, it was already there.  All the analysts that are now targeting Khabib have suddenly gained moral authority on the matter?  Where was it during the bus attack?  It's a shame Khabib lost his cool, but let's not lose perspective.  Conor got what he had coming and most likely knows it.  

What Conor did was a purely legal matter that didn't involve the UFC organization. And it was handled as a legal matter. What Khabib did was done during a UFC event which is now both a legal matter and a violations of UFC rules.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: UFC 229 - Discussion
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
I agree Connor is the male equivalent of Ronda Rousey, at least at this point, i give him credit for rematching Diaz, but I think Connor again in this fight gave up his neck allowing the submission. He wanted out of there,there will always come a time where talent along with discipline will defeat talent alone, the clean living Nurgomedov against Connor one fights for his life the other one for money. I don't see how Conor can ever overcome him, even where he does it would be catching him on the way in, which is a low percentage chance. Simply the game has evolved and the best businessman the UFC has ever seen has been beaten, his value has peaked. where the sport goes from here is anyones guess, but can the sport really go forward with champs like Woodley Nurgomedov even Cormier to lesser degree, The sport is built on entertainment and lets face it I always watched Lawler fight, Woodley, I don't, sometimes the best fighters don't make the best champs or business for the UFC and thats where the UFC is heading.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
I agree Connor is the male equivalent of Ronda Rousey

I take issue with this comparison.  I don't think the game has evolved past Conor, I just think Kabib is a horrible match up for him.

Styles make fights but Kabib is just one guy.  Bad matchup.  Conor could still smoke most of the people in the UFC anywhere near his bodyweight. 

Ronda fell apart mentally and emotionally after losing to Holm.  She still won't talk about it and gets emotional when someone subtly reminds her of that beating.  She is a shell of a human being at this point.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2018, 05:55:50 PM »
Rogan and Khabib have made up -

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Filthy Muzzie

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2018, 07:01:17 PM »

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
 :D

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: October 10, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »
What Conor did was a purely legal matter that didn't involve the UFC organization. And it was handled as a legal matter. What Khabib did was done during a UFC event which is now both a legal matter and a violations of UFC rules.

Attacking a bus full of fellow UFC fighters and injuring them is by no means simply a legal matter.  Surely, that clearly violates a code of conduct.  Try that in another major sports organization and you'd be banned.  

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2018, 05:25:24 PM »
I take issue with this comparison.  I don't think the game has evolved past Conor, I just think Kabib is a horrible match up for him.

Styles make fights but Kabib is just one guy.  Bad matchup.  Conor could still smoke most of the people in the UFC anywhere near his bodyweight. 

Ronda fell apart mentally and emotionally after losing to Holm.  She still won't talk about it and gets emotional when someone subtly reminds her of that beating.  She is a shell of a human being at this point.

I agree with you.  He's way more substance than Rousey.  I think he's way too small for 170 and at 155 I like Khabib, Ferguson and Kevin Lee if he fought them.  I'd say he's probably 4th at 155.  But, he is at a crossroad.  He needs a win, badly.  I think he and Pettis should co main for Ferguson v Khabib.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »

And let’s be honest. Conor had not fought in MMA in 2 years. He had lots of ring rust.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:57 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2018, 10:48:51 PM »
Attacking a bus full of fellow UFC fighters and injuring them is by no means simply a legal matter.  Surely, that clearly violates a code of conduct.  Try that in another major sports organization and you'd be banned.  

Sure they can take action in response to what one of their employees do in their private lives. But they don't have to. This is in response to those who say why didn't they go after Conor.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »
And let’s be honest. Conor had not fought in MMA in 2 years. He had lots of ring rust.

Word.

If I was Conor McGregor, I'd tell the UFC to fuck off and try to get another 100 million dollar boxing match with Floyd.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2018, 01:45:51 AM »

That’s his fault blame him
He was totally out classed & dominated by khabib
Before he gets a rematch he needs to fight a couple of others 1st
Though I still wouldn’t see him beating khabib

Only downside is Khabib is a Muslim. 🤬

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »
Q

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »
I like this guy

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »
I hope the filthy Muzzie dies.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
Q

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »
That’s his fault blame him
He was totally out classed & dominated by khabib
Before he gets a rematch he needs to fight a couple of others 1st
Though I still wouldn’t see him beating khabib

Only downside is Khabib is a Muslim. 🤬

Say what you want but that was NOT the same fighter that beat alvarez. He was slow flat footed and hos timing was WAY off. He would have smoked the rat a few years ago
irongearco.com

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »

Say what you want but that was NOT the same fighter that beat alvarez. He was slow flat footed and hos timing was WAY off. He would have smoked the rat a few years ago

He got quick call knockout gift in the Mendez fight and Mendez only had two weeks to prepare.  He was also chocked out by fill in fighter Diaz so what's your point?  Was he off in those fights or the Diaz rematch?

How about he was overrated to begin with.

Head crank tap (quit).

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »
He got quick call knockout gift in the Mendez fight and Mendez only had two weeks to prepare.  He was also chocked out by fill in fighter Diaz so what's your point?  Was he off in those fights or the Diaz rematch?

How about he was overrated to begin with.

Head crank tap (quit).

Isn't this true for every UFC fighter?  They're marketed as the best fighter EVER and then they're beat and that person becomes the GREATEST of all time.  Tito -> Randy -> Chuck -> Rampage-> Rashad-> Jon Jones.

Champions lose. They're always hyped beyond belief.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »
Kabap threatens UFC to rip their contract.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boy2zCpn_m_/?utm_source=ig_embed

If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.

if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I'll break it myself.

And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
Q

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2018, 06:03:13 PM »
kebab is a legend now he doesnt need to fight again his celeb status will get him pussy anywhere that shit he did was ultra badass new kinda crazy a muzzie white boy
A