Author Topic: Shawn Ray joins Genr8  (Read 7957 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Shawn Ray joins Genr8
« on: July 15, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »

http://www.getbig.com/headlines/2009/07/15/shawn-ray-joins-genr8/

Retired IFBB Hall of Fame Bodybuilder Shawn Ray has joined GENr8, Inc., the exclusive marketers of Vitargo® S2. Shawn will be a Chief Consultant and Strategist to GENr8 in the areas of marketing and promotions related to bodybuilding and its athletes, both professional and amateur, creating opportunities for charity events, as well as muscle camps, pro bodybuilding competition, and sponsorship opportunities.

Shawn retired from competitive bodybuilding in 2001 after a successful 13-year career. He enjoyed 12 consecutive years as a top 5 finalist in the Mr. Olympia contest while achieving 1st runner up in both 1994 and 1996. Shawn is a writer and radio host of MD Radio with Muscular Development Magazine and has over 22 years experience in the sport ranging from competitor, contest promoter, master of ceremonies, journalist, and event organizer. “My time on the contest stage and behind the scene in the sport of Bodybuilding has prepared me for an opportunity such as this, where I can continue to help others grow while sharing the superior benefits of a patented, scientifically proven product like Vitargo S2“, stated Mr. Ray.

Shawn will be working directly with GENr8 President and CEO, Anthony L. Almada, B.Sc., M.Sc. a graduate of UC Berkeley. Anthony is a nutritional and exercise biochemist and was the co-founder and past-president of EAS. He has collaborated on over 50 university-based sports nutrition studies and has worked in the nutrition industry since 1975. “We are elated to bring Shawn onto the team. He is a uniquely business savvy retired pro athlete that brings a wealth of insight and value, and a fantastic relationship network. The value and integrity in his name and persona only add to his impressive skills and work ethic”, offered Almada.

GENr8 is an evidence-based performance nutrition company with deep roots in university research, led by a management team with over 125 years of nutrition industry experience and expertise. GENr8 has had the exclusive rights to Vitargo since December 2007 and has distribution into 4 continents. Vitargo S2 is a university proven carbohydrate with patents in 5 countries/continents. It remains the only university-proven starch-based carbohydrate with superior digestion, absorption, insulin response, and muscle glycogen refueling advantages. Current clients include numerous university and professional sports athletes and teams. Each batch of every GENr8 product is also subjected to the most rigorous testing for substances banned in sport, conducted by the only World Anti-Doping Association-experienced lab in North America.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Re: Shawn Ray joins Genr8
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:24:15 PM »
I'll only try it if it's Goodrum approved. 8)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
When did Vyotech can Shawn Ray?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:49:45 PM »

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:55:20 PM »
$70 for 25 servings at bbing.com, that's $2.80 per serving, for 70 grams of barley starch !!!

Barley starch ? 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 11:59:53 PM »
When did Vyotech can Shawn Ray?

Vyotech is not currently producing any more products - except one that is only internet or direct marketing based. Hence, they do not have any employees, except one or two at the moment.   New times, new opportunities. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »
Vyotech is not currently producing any more products - except one that is only internet or direct marketing based. Hence, they do not have any employees, except one or two at the moment.   New times, new opportunities. 

so the goat whey wasnt a big seller? i thought it was pretty good.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:48 AM »
Vyotech is not currently producing any more products - except one that is only internet or direct marketing based. Hence, they do not have any employees, except one or two at the moment.   New times, new opportunities. 

in other words they arent doing that well, should have sold the goat products south of the usa, africa or the mid-east.  goat is happening in some areas but their stuff is too expensive vs the real deal on a pan.  where is gen8 site?  http://www.genr8speed.com

BTW...you could mistake their product as vertigo if you arent paying attention.
Oh...Monica!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 07:18:07 AM »

Yea, company is pretty much at a stand-still as their sales have been pretty slow.  I believe its mainly due to their Goat Protein which is expensive to produce and has to compete which Garden of Life who has the overall market in goat protein.

Overall, Vyotech was making a lot of headways with Shawn Ray at the helm but they didn't capitalize on it and lost the lead very quickly. 

I hope they don't go back to their original spokesman which was a cartoon bodybuilder with purple goo around his lips...... ;D
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »
Yea, company is pretty much at a stand-still as their sales have been pretty slow.  I believe its mainly due to their Goat Protein which is expensive to produce and has to compete which Garden of Life who has the overall market in goat protein.

Overall, Vyotech was making a lot of headways with Shawn Ray at the helm but they didn't capitalize on it and lost the lead very quickly. 

I hope they don't go back to their original spokesman which was a cartoon bodybuilder with purple goo around his lips
...... ;D

Get Sexual Mustard to do a cartoon character of you with white goo around your lips.
No Worries 4 me

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
Genr8's Vitargo is the only "waxy maize starch" with clinical proof demonstrating efficacy, all other WMS products on the market are more analogous to Wonder white bread. Do your due diligence, go to Google scholar or PubMed or even genr8speed.com and search waxy maize starch, also ask each company for finished product studies - a study on their product as they sell it or at least on their "key ingredients", those that share with you...ok, those that do not, easy to eliminate from whom you buy from.

ps-I do not work for them or directly in the industry.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 09:43:20 AM »
Genr8's Vitargo is the only "waxy maize starch" with clinical proof demonstrating efficacy,

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy_maize_starch_myth.htm

while this article questions whether WMS is really any better at post-workout glycogen restoration than other things, I wonder how often does the average gym goer really need to be concerned about the speed of his post-workout glycogen restoration.   Eat something after a workout.  how hard is that?

BIGDADDYD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:59 PM »
 Is Vitargo® the same thing as “waxy maize” or high molecular weight starches?   

Vitargo® can be made from most plant starches—what makes Vitargo® patented and the Fastest Muscle Fuel™ is not the source or the molecular size but the unique, patented molecular “handprint”, proven in university studies in athletes—not lab rats or test tubes—to greatly outperform other ordinary carbs, from your gut to getting more performance within 2 hours after exhaustive exercise. In fact, the first two studies done on Vitargo® used potato starch as the starting source. For several years through 2005, Vitargo® was made from a special strain of corn that is higher in starch—waxy maize. This is where other companies have gotten the idea of using different “waxy maize” starches. However, none of these other, non-Vitargo starches have any human studies showing a Vitargo® effect. Furthermore, some of these unproven carbohydrate source might even cost less, however some of them, based upon laboratory analysis, are likely to be indigestible, delivering little or no glucose to the blood, liver, and muscles. If you want Vitargo® results…get Vitargo®S2. It’s cheaper to lose™.

BIGDADDYD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy_maize_starch_myth.htm

while this article questions whether WMS is really any better at post-workout glycogen restoration than other things, I wonder how often does the average gym goer really need to be concerned about the speed of his post-workout glycogen restoration.   Eat something after a workout.  how hard is that?

Can’t I just eat pasta, bread or other carbohydrate foods to get the same results?   

Without question these foods will help refuel muscle and liver glycogen stores. However the question really should be will they refuel and recover glycogen stores as fast as Vitargo®S2 and without the bloating and “heavy stomach” feeling? If you are training or competing the next day or sooner you need to choose the carbohydrate source that is research proven to accelerate refueling and recovery after exhaustive exercise. Remember, unless a food or supplement is studied in its actual form you can’t be sure it will work the way you want (or the product claims).   

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »
"without the bloating and “heavy stomach” feeling"

so as long as you're not going to eat any regular food between today's workout and tomorrow's workout, WMS might be the way to go to replenish glycogen.    otherwise, just eat a baked potato or even a banana after a workout.

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
Another supp co to stay away from. Thanks for the tip Ron.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
Can someone post a link to these "studies"?  Were they published in any peer reviewed journals?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 03:17:09 PM »
I think Milos said, unless your taking 100g or more carbs in one sitting then Dextrose is just as good as Vitargo. 100g of dexrose would make you puke, i guess vitargo is absorbed easier so it's less sickly feeling.

I have no interest in putting myself into hypoglycemic state so i will just stick to 50g Dextrose post workout and full feeling stomach lol.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
I've been adding a waxy maize carb powder to my pre and post workout drinks and I really like it.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 03:42:35 PM »

A banana with your protein shake is the way to go. 

Many of us use waxy maize because it's the trendy thing to do, period. 

There's no way in hell I'd pay an extra $2.80 per workout.  That's just stupid.  Do people actually buy that shit?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »
I just put gatorade powder in my post-workout shake

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »
I just put gatorade powder in my post-workout shake

Were you the one who gave me that suggestion in the other thread?  I haven't done it yet, but will.  :) 

Also, one of my buddies says I should be sipping about 20gr of waxy maize with 40gr of BCAAs during the course of my workout and that my post-workout drink should be whey, glutamine, and glycine. 

What does GetBig say about that? 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »
Were you the one who gave me that suggestion in the other thread?  I haven't done it yet, but will.  :) 

Also, one of my buddies says I should be sipping about 20gr of waxy maize with 40gr of BCAAs during the course of my workout and that my post-workout drink should be whey, glutamine, and glycine. 

maybe; I say a lot of things  8)

personally, I sip my "post-workout" shake between sets then chug the rest at the end

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 07:54:22 PM »

Forget about the workout drink, and skip the post-workout drink also - have a twenty ounce porterhouse and loaded giant baked potato instead.
A

Neptuno

• Getbig III
  • From HUELVA - SPAIN
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
In Europe, Vitargo exists from near a decade ago. We had proved some carbs like Vitargo, and no one do the same... except Amilopectines, maybe even a bit better and cheaper... Anyway Vitargo is a step ahead from the rest of supplements (about complex carbs), if you can prove it, do it, you feel it sure.
w