Author Topic: Interview with King Kamali 05-23-06  (Read 20495 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Interview with King Kamali 05-23-06
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »
HE still talks outta his ass, BB is what you look like when I last checked , and I know Ron you said no baseless attacks but my opinion on King stands and I am not bashing him, just refuting his claims...top 5 ?? hahah I had him at best 9th!! he looks terrible, the only thing he brings to the table is gossip on Shawn Ray, you shouldnt even print or encourage that ..RAy was a real top notch BB and your lettin this jerk do some shady shit... Baseless attacks arent permitted only if your a pro.

Kamail you are a lil bitch
L

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 07:36:56 AM »
First of all, people are not complaining. The only people that I see are complaining are a few ass clowns on Getbig and Shawn Ray. My stomach was not distended at all - zero distention. It is my waist. My waist. There is a big difference. People just don't seem to understand that. Dennis James - his stomach protrudes forward - that is the distention. That is why he gets deducted. My stomach is not big like that. What happens is my waist is wide - and that is due to the style of my training.

pictures speak louder then words
um, do you know where in human anatomy the stomach is even located?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 07:37:26 AM »
I read the artical AFTER I posted my last comment and it comfirmed my last statement......he trains like a POWERLIFTER. If he knew how to train like a bodybuilder he would have a decent chance, he and everyone else who trains like this needs to reprogram their thinking about training this is one of the main factors why these guys are coming in with terrible symmetry!!
i didn't know that powerlifters did 90 percent of their training on the Smith machine with ten spotters.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

21_Grams

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 07:49:33 AM »
Looks like King peaked too soon.  Trying to sit that lean for a month is a recipe for a dead metabolism and shrivled fores/calves.  I think it was a young getbig member named Ron Avidan that asked aloud if King could maintain his peak for 3 weeks. I guess we see the answer now.

That's how he took the inch off of his waist....to get that streamlined look that him and his team are working on  ;D

BigBack

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 07:49:57 AM »
I like how he positioned himself juuuust right, in the pics, so the shadows would cover his arms, in most of the pics!!!!  Seriously, King...do some hammer curls or something!!!

21_Grams

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 07:56:59 AM »
Yeah. Teh Chad is known as a "trainer" or "nutritionist"... ;)

Let's hope Kamali didn't suffer any permanent damage from the heavy "training" protocol...

Brutal PR crisis for Teh Chad at the moment BTW.

If clients from bodybuilding are of any kind of economical value to Teh Chad, I foresee a huge blow to him when the words gets around that Kamali improved after leaving him.

YIP
Zack

YIP
Zack

I doubt if he left Chad for any other reason then....he couldn't afford him anymore, for some of the top guys Chad charges 10% of their winnings, others he charges $5,000 so we know he wasn't charging KK 10% of his winnings.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 08:17:25 AM »
Chad is fun to pick on, but really, athletes know his reputation.  For King to blame Chad for his current condition seems strange.  You don't hear King Coleman or any of his other clients complaining about their treatment from Chad.  yet King, a man who has never taken responsibility for anything and done more talking than winning in his pro career, can't stop blaming chad.

Yes, chad has arguably hurt a few guys' kidneys.  but it seems strange that ONLY KING has a gut from working with Chad.  Despite being the most massive lean BBer on earth, coleman can control his gut, even with arms twice as big as Kings. Weird.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:06 AM »
Chad is fun to pick on, but really, athletes know his reputation.  For King to blame Chad for his current condition seems strange.  You don't hear King Coleman or any of his other clients complaining about their treatment from Chad.  yet King, a man who has never taken responsibility for anything and done more talking than winning in his pro career, can't stop blaming chad.

Yes, chad has arguably hurt a few guys' kidneys.  but it seems strange that ONLY KING has a gut from working with Chad.  Despite being the most massive lean BBer on earth, coleman can control his gut, even with arms twice as big as Kings. Weird.
colemen can control his gut?  ::) colemens is 10 times worse then kamali's in some pics!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 08:25:50 AM »
King, what's with the wedgie on stage at the New York Pro?

Ha, why does Ronnie give himself a wedgie on stage? How many times have you seen Ronnie pull up his trunks? Because he is trying to show his glutes. So if your strong points are your glutes, and they are striated, you try to show them off. And how do you show them off is by bringing attention to them. So that's why I diid it?

dude you have avg smooth glutes, not ronnie colemen glutes!

i wanted to show off my striated glute ??? what the hell is this smuck thinking?

I do see one striation ;D

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »
thats why i typed glute instead of glutes ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 08:33:48 AM »
"King" spent most of the interview bitching about the boards.

And he likes to make like we're not in his head.  ::)

Chick likes to think the same thing, and here's an example of it from last night.

Psssst.......No one gives a f**k what some pussy named Goatboy on a message board thinks.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 08:34:24 AM »

Yeah but that one was one of the best!!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 08:38:23 AM »
thats why i typed glute instead of glutes ;D

Ooops, didn't see that. You beat me to it ;D

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2006, 09:02:35 AM »
Bring on the heat, Fellas
Get Big, or Die Trying

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »

Well, not to be knit picking, but he didn't exactly blame Chad (unless he said it elsewhere), he said he wanted to change direction since he seemed to go as far as he could with Chad.

As for Coleman, well of course he is well above Kamali as a bodybuilder, but his gut's considerably worse.
Lies, damn lies and diets

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
TAMALI OWNED THE NEW YORK CROWED!
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2006, 09:15:49 AM »
That's because he bought the most tickets!  I got it from a very reliable source that Kamali purchased 63 tickets for the show!  That's almost like 10% of the whole audience.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: TAMALI OWNED THE NEW YORK CROWED!
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2006, 09:26:49 AM »
still didn't win shit
Get Big, or Die Trying

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2006, 09:42:52 AM »
He should have tried to buy some judges instead

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2006, 10:44:59 AM »
he bought the court of public opinion instead.  It was louder and cheaper.

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »
Good interview, and hopefully the radio show sizzles. We'll see.  I met King Kamali at the 03 Olympia and even though it was only for a little bit(and I know his job is to be nice in short bursts) he threw me off with his kindness and attention. Anyway Getbig effing rules.  Oh yeah-I look like that picture of "Weed out the weak" that 240 keeps posting. Just thought I should share even though no one asked.
Rectum defendere!

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »
Good interview, and hopefully the radio show sizzles. We'll see.  I met King Kamali at the 03 Olympia and even though it was only for a little bit(and I know his job is to be nice in short bursts) he threw me off with his kindness and attention. Anyway Getbig effing rules.  Oh yeah-I look like that picture of "Weed out the weak" that 240 keeps posting. Just thought I should share even though no one asked.

Looking like weed isn't what got him blasted.  It was looking like Weed and wearing "shut the f*** up and train" on his shirt that got him blasted.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2006, 11:27:24 AM »
if i were a pro BB i would keep away from the boards.  Maybe once in awhile for motivation but thats it. 

His stomach wasnt really distended in taht above pic, not near on ronnie or gustavo scale
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006, 11:29:38 AM »
can someone post a pic of Kamili when he was at his best???? Like his rookie year when he finished top 10 in MR O?
Valhalla awaits.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
Yeah you can definitely tell from the overcheering and the pity claps especially during  his worst poses that his wife and family probably took up the first 3 rows. I dont understand kamali, I like the guys work ethic but he must be in a fvcking bubble whens hes talking about how he was the crowd favorite. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »
Is it possible to train like a powerlifter and not be boxy or is his problem simply his build?  Ronnoe, JJackson and Branch all train that way and do not have the same problem.  Maybe powerlifting makes the problem worse but it could just be genetics.  People blame genetics for everything else, why not this?

No, I seriously doubt it is possible. You have to remember that the guys you mentioned when they started training all began with doing more bodybuilding movements than powerlifting movements, it's when they started doing more powerlifting is when the symmetry of bodybuilding changed, I'd say about 80% of the pro's are much blockier than when they started. If you look at the pics of Ronnie from the late 90's he looked awesome, small waist and all, now when you see him or just about anyone else, you can see that obliques are much thicker along with the serratus and gives a wide waist appearance!