Author Topic: Does Obama want another Terrorist Attack on NYC?  (Read 1400 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Does Obama want another Terrorist Attack on NYC?
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »
Sen. Schumer rips Obama admin's cut to New York City's anti-terror funds
BY Richard Sisk
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 4:00 AM

________________________ ________________________ _________________

New York lawmakers ripped the Obama adminstration Friday for cutting the city's counterterror funding for transportation by more than $50 million even as threat levels are expected to increase.

"When the administration is wrong, they're wrong," said Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). The city "remains the prime target of terrorists so it makes no sense for the administration to cut this money," Schumer said.

Schumer and Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said New York's share of the Transit Security Grant Program, run by the Department of Homeland Security, was slashed by $43 million for 2010 to $110.6 million from $153.3 million this year - a 28% cut.

Earlier, DHS chopped the Port Security Grant Program by about $11 million from $45 million to $33.8 million - a 25% reduction.

The port and mass transit security programs pay for such things as overtime, new sensor equipment and canine bomb-detection teams.

Administration officials have said that the cuts were partially offset by money that went to the city under Obama's economic stimulus program. But King said, "These cuts are indefensible."

"If anything, the terror threat to New York is increasing due to the Obama administration's decision to put Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and four 9/11 co-conspirators on trial in Manhattan," said King, ranking Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee.

Both King and Schumer said they would push to get the funding back in next year's budget.

rsisk@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/12/12/2009-12-12_chuck_rips_antiterror_fund_cuts.html#ixzz0ZUU7FhFC

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

This coupled with moving the terrorists trials to NYC leads one to ask:  What side is Obama on? 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Does Obama want another Terrorist Attack on NYC?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:04:47 AM »
Fuck New York City.  It's symbolic of the direction the greater US is headed.  Nothing but rich fucks and Wallstreet surrounded by everyone else trying to "get ahead" or in most cases keep their head above water.  There is so much fucking wealth in NYC and they are complaining they are in a budget crisis.  Tax the fuck out of the Upper East Side.......problem solved. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:06:42 AM »
Fuck New York City.  It's symbolic of the direction the greater US is headed.  Nothing but rich fucks and Wallstreet surrounded by everyone else trying to "get ahead" or in most cases keep their head above water.  There is so much fucking wealth in NYC and they are complaining they are in a budget crisis.  Tax the fuck out of the Upper East Side.......problem solved. 

I live in the bouroughs and there are not too many rich people here. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:10:14 AM »
 ::)

I said the Upper East Side.  Not the "boroughs" in general.  There is PLENTY of fucking money in New York county. 

The County of New York is the most densely populated county in the United States, and one of the most densely populated areas in the world, with a 2008 population of 1,634,795[2] living in a land area of 22.96 square miles (59.47 kmē), or 71,201 residents per square mile (27,485/kmē). It is also one of the wealthiest counties in the United States, with a 2005 personal income per capita above $100,000.[3] Manhattan is the third-largest of New York's five boroughs in population.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:13:03 AM »
::)

I said the Upper East Side.  Not the "boroughs" in general.  There is PLENTY of fucking money in New York county. 

The County of New York is the most densely populated county in the United States, and one of the most densely populated areas in the world, with a 2008 population of 1,634,795[2] living in a land area of 22.96 square miles (59.47 kmē), or 71,201 residents per square mile (27,485/kmē). It is also one of the wealthiest counties in the United States, with a 2005 personal income per capita above $100,000.[3] Manhattan is the third-largest of New York's five boroughs in population.

Do you realize what the cost of living here is and taxes? 

$100,000 is nothing and barely middle class.

In NYC - 40,000 taxpayers account for 50% of the revenue. 

Bloomberg said if just 10,000 of those people move, the city will go bankrupt tommorow.     

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 08:15:33 AM »
Do you realize what the cost of living here is and taxes? 

$100,000 is nothing and barely middle class.

In NYC - 40,000 taxpayers account for 50% of the revenue. 

Bloomberg said if just 10,000 of those people move, the city will go bankrupt tommorow.     

DUDE THAT'S MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The middle class is carrying the brunt of taxation.  My god!  Come on!  Tax the fuck out of the rich fucks, banks, wallstreet etc.  Not me!  I don't give a fuck about NYC.  I live on the West Coast.  I don't even like visiting there.  We have our own problems out here.  That's the whole problem with this fucking country.  No one is left to their own devices anymore.  Everyone has their hand in the next guy's pocket.  Well it's about time the middle class starts sticking their fucking hands in the rich man's pockets. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
DUDE THAT'S MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The middle class is carrying the brunt of taxation.  My god!  Come on!  Tax the fuck out of the rich fucks, banks, wallstreet etc.  Not me!  I don't give a fuck about NYC.  I live on the West Coast.  I don't even like visiting there.  We have our own problems out here.  That's the whole problem with this fucking country.  No one is left to their own devices anymore.  Everyone has their hand in the next guy's pocket.  Well it's about time the middle class starts sticking their fucking hands in the rich man's pockets. 

I disagree.  We shouldnt be targeting anyone.  We need to stop the insane level of spending that requires the crazy taxes in the first place. 

Rich folks spend money, and i would rather their money being spread in the private economy than being siphoned off to the govt. 

The taxes here on everyone are just ridiculous.  We get nickle and dimed on everything. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »
I don't know that keeping or cutting funding would stop a terrorist attack.  There's is so much vulnerabliity everywhere.  Unless you want turn every city into lock down forget about it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »
I don't know that keeping or cutting funding would stop a terrorist attack.  There's is so much vulnerabliity everywhere.  Unless you want turn every city into lock down forget about it.

"When the administration is wrong, they're wrong," said Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). The city "remains the prime target of terrorists so it makes no sense for the administration to cut this money," Schumer said.

It makes perfect sense Chuckie. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 09:00:08 AM »

It makes perfect sense Chuckie. 

No it doesn't.  I'm surprise you of all people are advocating "throwing money" at a problem makes it better.  You cannot make an entire city safe without putting it on lock down.  Every city and any city is a prime target.

The other day i was talking to a gal who's father is a illegal immigrant.  He was busted on a domestic violence crime and deported.  TWO DAYS later he was back in the country.

You wanna spend the money wisely?  Lock the border down!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »
oh, go fck a duck dude.  Bush was personally handed enough intel on a red-eye in middle of night, which could have easily stopped 911 attacks.  your only defense (ignoring chain of command) is "well, someone at a lower level could have stopped it!"

But you're throwing feces because some lib NYer is mad obama is cutting his $, accusing him of letting another 911 happen - that hasn't even happened.

Shit man, put partisan politics in the dumpster and look at RIGHT AND WRONG.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 09:21:43 AM »
oh, go fck a duck dude.  Bush was personally handed enough intel on a red-eye in middle of night, which could have easily stopped 911 attacks.  your only defense (ignoring chain of command) is "well, someone at a lower level could have stopped it!"

But you're throwing feces because some lib NYer is mad obama is cutting his $, accusing him of letting another 911 happen - that hasn't even happened.

Shit man, put partisan politics in the dumpster and look at RIGHT AND WRONG.

The govt has one major function.  Not medicare, not climatology, not SS, not jobs programs, not gay marriage, not abortion, not fisting, not green jobs, not crap & tax:

Its one thing 240 - and that is keeping the nation safe. 

If the POFS in the WH has 3.2 Billion to seetle a native -american lawsuit, 700 Billion for a fraudulent stimuluis bill, trillions to banksters, THEN WHY IS HE DOING THIS? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
you made me think of someting interesting...

9 years, and 2 trillion spent on the war on terror, and we haven't killed enough bad guys to bring down the % of NY being hit and therefore reduce funding by a small %?

why did we have the war on terror in the first place? ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »
you made me think of someting interesting...

9 years, and 2 trillion spent on the war on terror, and we haven't killed enough bad guys to bring down the % of NY being hit and therefore reduce funding by a small %?

why did we have the war on terror in the first place? ;)

240 - d you live in NY - NO!

9/11 could have and should have resulted in the deaths of over 25,000 people.

During any given day, the WTC had about 40,000 or more people in them. 

If the towers would have collapsed upon impact, we would have had 25,000 or greater dead. 

The govt and military know this.  That is why. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »
do ya know why so few ppl were in the building that day?

wait, that's 4th grade 911 CTery.

I don't think he should have cut the $.  Cut it from some BS bill like one of the many he has.  I'm just playing devil's advocate - at some point, after 9 or 90 years of killing terrorists, NYC will be safer and need less defenses right?  if not, she needs MORE defenses now.

Dude, stop taking every post personally like I'm spitting on your doormat.  I think of provacative points which lead to debates man. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:30 AM »
do ya know why so few ppl were in the building that day?

wait, that's 4th grade 911 CTery.

I don't think he should have cut the $.  Cut it from some BS bill like one of the many he has.  I'm just playing devil's advocate - at some point, after 9 or 90 years of killing terrorists, NYC will be safer and need less defenses right?  if not, she needs MORE defenses now.

Dude, stop taking every post personally like I'm spitting on your doormat.  I think of provacative points which lead to debates man. 

Most people start work at 9 am.  The first hit was 8.46 correct?  Many people were not in the building yet or on their way. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 09:52:35 AM »
"Most people start work at 9 am.  The first hit was 8.46 correct?  Many people were not in the building yet or on their way.  "

uh huh.  So you can explain the texts, then?  ;)  Nahhhhhhhhh

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 09:53:15 AM »
"Most people start work at 9 am.  The first hit was 8.46 correct?  Many people were not in the building yet or on their way.  "

uh huh.  So you can explain the texts, then?  ;)  Nahhhhhhhhh

Which ones? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
...at some point, after 9 or 90 years of killing terrorists, NYC will be safer and need less defenses right?

Wrong.  Your making the assumption that there is a finite number of terrorists in the world.

There are clearly targets which are more suitable to terrorism and, therefore, in greater need of protection.  That's just common sense.  

Now, 33, you're keen to point out the endless amount of money that New York State abuses and throws away, so perhaps the administration is thinking NY has enough money and is just wasting it.  IDK.  But, if NY can justify the expenditures, then they should be given the money they need to keep the city as safe as reasonably possible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »

Wrong.  Your making the assumption that there is a finite number of terrorists in the world.

There are clearly targets which are more suitable to terrorism and, therefore, in greater need of protection.  That's just common sense.  

Now, 33, you're keen to point out the endless amount of money that New York State abuses and throws away, so perhaps the administration is thinking NY has enough money and is just wasting it.  IDK.  But, if NY can justify the expenditures, then they should be given the money they need to keep the city as safe as reasonably possible.

Skip - how about this.  KSM is being brought to NYC next month.  By all measures this is going to cost NYC anywhere between 75 - 125 Million Dollars if not more.  NYC did not ask for this, but now has to foot the bill for it. 

Is that good enough justification for the $?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »
nobody here agrees with KSM in NYC.  I think we like to debate how it came to this, who didn't get the job done on that prick for 6 years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 10:02:14 AM »
nobody here agrees with KSM in NYC.  I think we like to debate how it came to this, who didn't get the job done on that prick for 6 years.

The point is that NYC now has to shell out tens of millions more due to Obama's decisison and now he is cutting funding to NYC who has to deal with it.

You dont see a major problem with that?   

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »
I disagree.  We shouldnt be targeting anyone.  We need to stop the insane level of spending that requires the crazy taxes in the first place. 

Rich folks spend money, and i would rather their money being spread in the private economy than being siphoned off to the govt. 

The taxes here on everyone are just ridiculous.  We get nickle and dimed on everything. 

Oh come on!  The rich have been siphoning off wealth, money, and assets for the last 100 years.  Now they are all in congress.  Yes I agree we need to stop the insane level of spending.  But we also need to have redistribution of wealth and if it comes at the hand of the free market or it is taken from the wealthy I don't really give a fuck.  It's not like most of the wealthy are any harder working or any smarter than the rest of us.  If you think the Donald Trumps of the world and the Bernie Madoff's of the world are smarter and harder working than you that's your problem not mine.  The banks and financial institutions that are breaking the back of the American economy are supported by both government and greedy elitist wealthy fucks who could give a shit about their "country" or the American middle class.  You're simply on one end of the political spectrum when the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
Oh come on!  The rich have been siphoning off wealth, money, and assets for the last 100 years.  Now they are all in congress.  Yes I agree we need to stop the insane level of spending.  But we also need to have redistribution of wealth and if it comes at the hand of the free market or it is taken from the wealthy I don't really give a fuck.  It's not like most of the wealthy are any harder working or any smarter than the rest of us.  If you think the Donald Trumps of the world and the Bernie Madoff's of the world are smarter and harder working than you that's your problem not mine.  The banks and financial institutions that are breaking the back of the American economy are supported by both government and greedy elitist wealthy fucks who could give a shit about their "country" or the American middle class.  You're simply on one end of the political spectrum when the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

"It's not like most of the wealthy are any harder working or any smarter than the rest of us."

Thats utter nonsense.  Most of the people i know who are wealthy, who dont work on Wall Street, are far smarter and work many more hours than your average person.  I'm not talking people who are worth tens of millions, I'm talking people who started companies and now are worth between 3-10 million. 

They are smarter than most people and typically work 24/7 on way or the other. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »
"It's not like most of the wealthy are any harder working or any smarter than the rest of us."

Thats utter nonsense.  Most of the people i know who are wealthy, who dont work on Wall Street, are far smarter and work many more hours than your average person.  I'm not talking people who are worth tens of millions, I'm talking people who started companies and now are worth between 3-10 million. 

They are smarter than most people and typically work 24/7 on way or the other. 

Analysts at bulge bracket banks work average weeks in excess of 70+ hours and will pull 100+ hour weeks more than a few times per year.

MuscleMcAnus is another of these retards that wants to hand all the wealth to people who don't deserve it.