Author Topic: Price of gym equipment rockets as Gyms remain closed in the UK!  (Read 3559 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Price of gym equipment rockets as Gyms remain closed in the UK!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2020, 09:58:34 AM »
Easier to go to a machine shop, order what you need, have it welded and have an equipment that will last you a lifetime.

Or just buy a grinder, cheap stick welder, learn to weld a bit and try to build something useful for yourself.

I'm an ironworker ,a certified welder  ,I own all  of my own  tools  (welder ,grinder............) , sorry but   I think that's  a dumb idea

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2020, 12:34:36 PM »
No they don't.

I see the price is finally starting to drop . These were far more two months ago. Delivery is quoted as August 24 though so the boat from China must be slow :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »
I find that hard to believe because I checked their site yesterday and two 25lbs dumbbells were something like $190.  Checked today and the same cap rubber hex pair is $89. What the fuck?  Drastic drop.

I didn't lie.

Here's the expired deal:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14148464-weider-rubber-hex-dumbbells-1-lb?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

You have to be diligent and put the time in - or set up email alerts so you can grab deals ASAP.

If you're infinitely patient and put in research, deals are out there - you'd be surprised how many people are moving in pinch and don't want to bring the heavy stuff.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2020, 06:15:12 AM »
I spent total 100 dollars and that was  for 2 50;lb plates,my dad gave me curl bar,got my old bench ,50 and 60 dB from ex house.borroewd lol 30 and 35 dB co worker,had 15 and 20;dB and perfect pushups handles

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2020, 08:07:07 AM »
I spent total 100 dollars and that was  for 2 50;lb plates,my dad gave me curl bar,got my old bench ,50 and 60 dB from ex house.borroewd lol 30 and 35 dB co worker,had 15 and 20;dB and perfect pushups handles

Funny thing is that since my Gold's closed I have been doing dumbbell workouts exclusively and look better than I ever did, lol. I am sure a lot of people won't be going back to gyms after this is over.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 04:00:53 PM »
Funny thing is that since my Gold's closed I have been doing dumbbell workouts exclusively and look better than I ever did, lol. I am sure a lot of people won't be going back to gyms after this is over.
Same I feel better less machines mor dB and bar work again

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 07:36:51 PM »
GYM EQUIPMENT Is About To Get WAY More EXPENSIVE!