Author Topic: Is the media starting to turn?  (Read 8193 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Is the media starting to turn?
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »
Rumsfeld has brutally criticized the media this week for giving any props to Hez for their performance against Israel, and for what he calls the media's "unfair" coverage of the war in Iraq.

Today alone, there was a very damaging piece on CNN which focused upon promoting a website called http://porkbusters.org/secrethold.php which is singlehandedly "calling out" the senator who froze a bill allowing all federal spending to be made public.  And, Brit Hume of FOX news did a pretty flattering 911 piece tonight.

I believe it was hedgehog who predicted a while back that this media would turn on the bush administration.  I think it might be happening.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Is the media starting to turn?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:49:17 PM »
Bush was interviewed by Brian Williams of NBC.  Parts were played tonight on Hardball.

Brian Williams asked bush if he thought Americans should have to sacrifice for 9/11.  Bush hesitated and the camera zoomed in on his eyes, oddly close, while he answered something about the war.  My thinking is that they wanted to really get the look on his face as he answered this quesiton above all others.

Also- Bush actually brought up the 'crazy conspiracy talk' when referring to what people suspect him and his father talk about.  Williams didn't bring it up.  bush did.  Said that people have the crazy talk about what he and his father talk about.  I found this odd.  Even in the 9/11 Truth community, people don't constantly harp on the connection of the Bushes to, well, you know...

So perhaps progress is being made.  And, as the guy who watches the news all day while working, i will continue to keep you all posted on the media's treatment of the White House.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:31:50 PM »
About 3 weeks ago, Lou Dobbs of CNN called for a new 911 Investigation.  He said there were too many lies, and that the Pentagon/NORAD specifically LIED ON THE STAND about the timeline of that day. 

Since then, Big Lou, now a hero in the 911 Truth movement, has taken a 2 week vacation, came back for one day, then been off the air for another week.

He might just be on a summer vacation.  But it's something to watch.  If he is canned for speaking his opinion on 911 - on a show where the focus is his opinion, CNN could catch some heat.

Just keeping an eye on the media for yall :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:54:15 AM »
From MSNBC - Keith Olbermann's blog - tackling Rumsfeld's fearmongering pretty hard-

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12131617/
Feeling morally, intellectually confused?
The man who sees absolutes, where all other men see nuances and shades of meaning, is either a prophet, or a quack.

Donald H. Rumsfeld is not a prophet.

Mr. Rumsfeld’s remarkable speech to the American Legion yesterday demands the deep analysis—and the sober contemplation—of every American.
For it did not merely serve to impugn the morality or intelligence -- indeed, the loyalty -- of the majority of Americans who oppose the transient occupants of the highest offices in the land. Worse, still, it credits those same transient occupants -- our employees -- with a total omniscience; a total omniscience which neither common sense, nor this administration’s track record at home or abroad, suggests they deserve.

Dissent and disagreement with government is the life’s blood of human freedom; and not merely because it is the first roadblock against the kind of tyranny the men Mr. Rumsfeld likes to think of as “his” troops still fight, this very evening, in Iraq.
It is also essential. Because just every once in awhile it is right and the power to which it speaks, is wrong.

In a small irony, however, Mr. Rumsfeld’s speechwriter was adroit in invoking the memory of the appeasement of the Nazis. For in their time, there was another government faced with true peril—with a growing evil—powerful and remorseless.
That government, like Mr. Rumsfeld’s, had a monopoly on all the facts. It, too, had the “secret information.” It alone had the true picture of the threat. It too dismissed and insulted its critics in terms like Mr. Rumsfeld’s -- questioning their intellect and their morality.

That government was England’s, in the 1930’s.
It knew Hitler posed no true threat to Europe, let alone England.
It knew Germany was not re-arming, in violation of all treaties and accords.
It knew that the hard evidence it received, which contradicted its own policies, its own conclusions — its own omniscience -- needed to be dismissed.
The English government of Neville Chamberlain already knew the truth.
Most relevant of all — it “knew” that its staunchest critics needed to be marginalized and isolated. In fact, it portrayed the foremost of them as a blood-thirsty war-monger who was, if not truly senile, at best morally or intellectually confused.

That critic’s name was Winston Churchill.

Sadly, we have no Winston Churchills evident among us this evening. We have only Donald Rumsfelds, demonizing disagreement, the way Neville Chamberlain demonized Winston Churchill.
History — and 163 million pounds of Luftwaffe bombs over England — have taught us that all Mr. Chamberlain had was his certainty — and his own confusion. A confusion that suggested that the office can not only make the man, but that the office can also make the facts.

Thus, did Mr. Rumsfeld make an apt historical analogy.
Excepting the fact, that he has the battery plugged in backwards.
His government, absolute -- and exclusive -- in its knowledge, is not the modern version of the one which stood up to the Nazis.
It is the modern version of the government of Neville Chamberlain.

But back to today’s Omniscient ones.
That, about which Mr. Rumsfeld is confused is simply this: This is a Democracy. Still. Sometimes just barely.
And, as such, all voices count -- not just his.
Had he or his president perhaps proven any of their prior claims of omniscience — <b>about Osama Bin Laden’s plans five years ago</b>, about Saddam Hussein’s weapons four years ago, about Hurricane Katrina’s impact one year ago — we all might be able to swallow hard, and accept their “omniscience” as a bearable, even useful recipe, of fact, plus ego.But, to date, this government has proved little besides its own arrogance, and its own hubris.

Mr. Rumsfeld is also personally confused, morally or intellectually, about his own standing in this matter. From Iraq to Katrina, to the entire “Fog of Fear” which continues to envelop this nation, he, Mr. Bush, Mr. Cheney, and their cronies have — inadvertently or intentionally — profited and benefited, both personally, and politically.

And yet he can stand up, in public, and question the morality and the intellect of those of us who dare ask just for the receipt for the Emporer’s New Clothes?
In what country was Mr. Rumsfeld raised? As a child, of whose heroism did he read? On what side of the battle for freedom did he dream one day to fight? With what country has he confused the United States of America?
The confusion we -- as its citizens— must now address, is stark and forbidding.
But variations of it have faced our forefathers, when men like Nixon and McCarthy and Curtis LeMay have darkened our skies and obscured our flag. Note -- with hope in your heart — that those earlier Americans always found their way to the light, and we can, too.

The confusion is about whether this Secretary of Defense, and this administration, are in fact now accomplishing what they claim the terrorists seek: The destruction of our freedoms, the very ones for which the same veterans Mr. Rumsfeld addressed yesterday in Salt Lake City, so valiantly fought.

And about Mr. Rumsfeld’s other main assertion, that this country faces a “new type of fascism.”
As he was correct to remind us how a government that knew everything could get everything wrong, so too was he right when he said that -- though probably not in the way he thought he meant it.
This country faces a new type of fascism - indeed.
Although I presumptuously use his sign-off each night, in feeble tribute, I have utterly no claim to the words of the exemplary journalist Edward R. Murrow.

But never in the trial of a thousand years of writing could I come close to matching how he phrased a warning to an earlier generation of us, at a time when other politicians thought they (and they alone) knew everything, and branded those who disagreed: “confused” or “immoral.”

Thus, forgive me, for reading Murrow, in full:
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty,” he said, in 1954. “We must remember always that accusation is not proof, and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law.
“We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate, and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular.”
And so good night, and good luck.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »
Media turn on George Bush etc..
HAHA

Remember the last election. The negative reports on Iraq. The message that he is going to distroy American freedoms. The riducle of the o child left behind program.

CNN does not like G W Bush. They tried hard to get Kerry elected.

The news would have turn positive for Bush if it was to turn 180 degrees.

Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 01:16:16 PM »
HAHA
Remember the last election. The negative reports on Iraq. The message that he is going to distroy American freedoms. The riducle of the o child left behind program.

You'll see more and more of it.  I'm a news junkie, I admit it.  I watch all day and note whenever a particularly flattering, or unflattering, story comes on about either party.  The choice of guest has a big impact too.  They bring on people who

All seriousness though, the WH has taken a lot of shots at the media lately, and they have been much less politicians and much more 'managers' lately.  They're no longer trying to sell anything (as bush, rummy, cheney are all done in 2008).  They're now trying to scare people into going along with their policy.

And the media is not linking the way they demean anyone who questions the war.  I think I'm starting to like the media- standing up for itself.  Did you see Olbermann take on Rummy last night? It's news all over today.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 01:47:23 PM »
HAHA

Slight correction.

All major news stations, including CNN, gave more air time to Bush.

Fox were most biased.

And I'm sure they will be this time too. But this time they'll support Hillary.

Which is just as bad. Media should never be driven by political agendas, trying to influence the public.

Hopefully, alternative news channels like youtube will work to get the message out for the smaller candidates.

And most important, hopefully people will vote.

Register to vote.

BTW, it's a disgrace that so many people aren't allowed to vote, due to past criminal records.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »
I live in Canada,
Crimals vote here.

Media bias is used on both sides.
It exists but it is not nearly as bad as either the left or right think it is.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 02:25:10 PM »
I just caught on hardball that the White House will be using a 20 million $ grant to a private company to track media coverage of Iraq war.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 05:43:58 PM »
MSN Poll

Do you agree with President Bush when he likens the struggle against Islamic fundamentalism with the fight against Nazis and communists? * 231392 responses

Yes. Bin Laden and others are the Hitlers and Stalins of our times.
44%

Maybe. But I'm going to need some more convincing one way or the other.
4.2%

No. This is just dishonest, warmongering designed to scare voters about national security in time for this fall's elections.
52%

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 01:33:35 PM »
I continue to believe the media is turning :)

came out today

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »
When something like that gets on USA today or some other major city newspaper then you'll start gettign what you been looking for.  But i still maintain the conspracy was in knowing the attacks were coming not staging them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

When something like that gets on USA today or some other major city newspaper then you'll start gettign what you been looking for.  But i still maintain the conspracy was in knowing the attacks were coming not staging them.

You may absolutely be right man.

That is still treasonous behavior and worth of a new trial.
if planes and buildings could have been evacuated that AM, there'd be 3000 less tombstones in the world.

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »
hopefully all the attention is not just because of the upcoming anniversary of 911 and doesn't dissapear shortly afterwards :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »
hopefully all the attention is not just because of the upcoming anniversary of 911 and doesn't dissapear shortly afterwards :(

yeah.  well, loose change THE FINAL CUT is coming out very soon after 911.  it's going to be a near-hollywood quality production and is going to hopefully get a theater release.  if 36% of people indeed believe 911 was an inside job, then the movie should sell some tickets.

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »
good news!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 03:32:26 PM »
CNN - just now...

Because so many issues have been raised, and evidence has been found of tampering, Ohio 2004 presidential ballots will be held and not destroyed as planned next week. 

New legislations for all elecronic voting machines.  each state does their own.  there are no federal standards. Voter paper trail for every vote, audits, and other things proposed for 06.

You might recall that a FL programmer detailed an assignment he had form Jeb Bush in which he was paid to write election-altering software.  He even passed a polygraph test.  There was an investigator who said he was about to "blow the lid off the 2004 election", but he was suicided under very shady conditions.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 07:25:02 AM »
Also too there was the actor / temp worker who blew the whistle on Diebold's refusal to secure the software being used in their voter machines as well.
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 09:05:22 AM »
You might recall that a FL programmer detailed an assignment he had form Jeb Bush in which he was paid to write election-altering software.  He even passed a polygraph test.  There was an investigator who said he was about to "blow the lid off the 2004 election", but he was suicided under very shady conditions.

Dude,

seriously...

you're shitting me.

I know there were some funny business in Florida, but nothing major.

What the fcuk are you on about...

election-altering?

suicide?

If there is any truth to this, which I highly doubt, Jeb Bush should be in prison.

And probably his brother too, or at least be impeached.

Spill it: What's the story?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »
 ::)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 09:39:07 AM »
you're shitting me.
I know there were some funny business in Florida, but nothing major.
What the fcuk are you on about...
election-altering?
suicide?
If there is any truth to this, which I highly doubt, Jeb Bush should be in prison.
And probably his brother too, or at least be impeached.
Spill it: What's the story?

I wish I was shitting you.  This is one of the more proven stories that the media has gone on about in a very lowkey way for the last 2 years, but no one will come close to prosecuting this.

here is the investigator who was suicided:
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/26729/Florida_Election_Fraud_Investigator_Found_Dead_
Note how they even drove him over state lines to avoid an autopsy requirement, and among the other details, the fact that it's very strange for a guy to kill himself when he's very very excited he's about to blow the lid off the presidential election.  And he slit his wrists to die - I doubt ANY cop with a gun would choose the razor to a bullet.

A programmer was hired to write software which "flips" the results of an election.  his software may have been used to alter the results of the OH Prez election.  Despite the repub's best efforts to have all the hard copies destroyed this week, a judgment was delivered which keeps them from being destroyed so that perhaps a recount can be done.

It's been brought up once about a week - called "2004 Presidential election electronic voting irregularities" by the media.

I voted for Bush in 2004. But the affadivit and polygraph results from the programmer have me convinced that a nonpartisan investigation is in order. 

jag, you have more info on this?  I focus my time on 911 more than anything else.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 10:11:46 AM »
  Yes, the tide is finally turning and even the people on the Right are finally coughing up the Kool-Aid. I suspect that the reason why Rummy's points caused as much of a stir that they did is due to the fact that the fear-mongering and that whole "with-us-or-against-us" cowboy bulshit isn't flying anymore.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 10:41:56 AM »
  Yes, the tide is finally turning and even the people on the Right are finally coughing up the Kool-Aid. I suspect that the reason why Rummy's points caused as much of a stir that they did is due to the fact that the fear-mongering and that whole "with-us-or-against-us" cowboy bulshit isn't flying anymore.

Yep.  Insane if you step back and look at it.  I mean, what would Jefferson and Washington had said if some pompous civilian defense guy like Rummy told them that questioning the govt's official line was unpatriotic?  If anyone fits the definition of the word "fascism" that Rumsfeld's been using so much, it's the White house itself.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »
I wish I was shitting you.  This is one of the more proven stories that the media has gone on about in a very lowkey way for the last 2 years, but no one will come close to prosecuting this.

here is the investigator who was suicided:
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/26729/Florida_Election_Fraud_Investigator_Found_Dead_
Note how they even drove him over state lines to avoid an autopsy requirement, and among the other details, the fact that it's very strange for a guy to kill himself when he's very very excited he's about to blow the lid off the presidential election.  And he slit his wrists to die - I doubt ANY cop with a gun would choose the razor to a bullet.

A programmer was hired to write software which "flips" the results of an election.  his software may have been used to alter the results of the OH Prez election.  Despite the repub's best efforts to have all the hard copies destroyed this week, a judgment was delivered which keeps them from being destroyed so that perhaps a recount can be done.

It's been brought up once about a week - called "2004 Presidential election electronic voting irregularities" by the media.

I voted for Bush in 2004. But the affadivit and polygraph results from the programmer have me convinced that a nonpartisan investigation is in order. 

jag, you have more info on this?  I focus my time on 911 more than anything else.

This can't be real.

It looks real.

This is something different than the 9-11, mass murder of its own citizens, and there ain't no real proof of it...

But this... this suicide actually looks like something else if the facts in these articles are correct?

Why aren't the relatives protesting?

Why isn't this the new Watergate?

WTF?

Where is Bob Woodward?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »
THIS WEEK - Both the state department and a federal science agency (read: NIST) put out new information explaining why it couldn't have been a controlled takedown.

First, this shows they KNOW that popular opinion is swaying.  Ayone who watched building 7 fall, from several small fires, knows it was a controlled demolition. 

U.S. moves to debunk 'alternative theories' on Sept. 11 attacks
By Jim Dwyer The New York Times

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/01/news/conspiracy.php

Published: September 1, 2006

NEW YORK Faced with an angry minority of people who believe the Sept. 11 attacks were part of a shadowy and sprawling plot run by Americans, separate reports were published this week by the State Department and a federal science agency insisting that the catastrophes were caused by hijackers who used commercial airliners as weapons.

The official narrative of the attacks has been attacked as little more than a cover story by an assortment of radio hosts, academics, amateur filmmakers and others who have spread their arguments on the Internet and cable television in America and abroad. As a motive, they suggest that the Bush administration wanted to use the attacks to justify military action in the Middle East.

Most elaborately, they propose that the collapse of the World Trade Center was actually caused by explosive charges secretly planted in the buildings, rather than by the destructive force of the airliners that thundered into the towers and set them ablaze.

The government reports and officials say the demolition argument is utterly implausible on a number of grounds. Indeed, few proponents of the explosives theory are willing to venture explanations of how daunting logistical problems would be overcome, such as planting thousands of pounds of explosives in busy office towers.

It's a one-sided response in the NY Times- their main argument is "How could they have planted bombs without security catching them?", an argument which becomes moot when you consider the brand new security team spent the 6 weeks leading up to the attacks doing all sorts of power-downs and upgrades.  The main elevator shafts in each building were closed to the public.  It wouldn't have taken long for a trained demo team to fill the shaft with explosives - the power was down for most of the towers for 36 hours the weekend before the 911 attacks.  During that time, teams of engineers were seen going into the building nonstop.