Author Topic: serious thread no shithouse lawyers.  (Read 2440 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
serious thread no shithouse lawyers.
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »
this scumbag of a funeral director is trying to screw me out of an inheritance, he moved in and had my friend change his will after he went crazy in 2007 and died. he had my part changed from 50 oercent to 20 percent. well this turd stole all the money in the house took all the insurance policies sold a substantial gun collection illegally and now says i have no right to question  him on anything because i'm only an heir. do i have any legal right or recourse to make him accountable to all the bullshit he pulled.
F

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: serious thread no shithouse lawyers.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
not flaming but wow are you posting this in the wrong website

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »
I think consulting a lawyer would be your best bet.  ::)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 01:01:06 PM »
this scumbag of a funeral director is trying to screw me out of an inheritance, he moved in and had my friend change his will after he went crazy in 2007 and died. he had my part changed from 50 oercent to 20 percent. well this turd stole all the money in the house took all the insurance policies sold a substantial gun collection illegally and now says i have no right to question  him on anything because i'm only an heir. do i have any legal right or recourse to make him accountable to all the bullshit he pulled.

First you need to define what the hell "went crazy" means. Then you'd go about the whole mental capacity thing (find a lawyer, etc). My advice is that only whats bold in black are the things you can work on, and you'd have to prove those. Going by your post here and what other people go through, you're screwed out of the 30 percent.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 01:02:38 PM »
Contact goodrum.  He has pre-paid legal and he is a former supreme court justice and head of parliment.  If can't do anything right now give him a week and he will get some letters after his name then he can help you.  
No Worries 4 me

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »
Before you have a leg to stand on, you must first prove that the person who changed the will was mentally incompetent and unaware of what he was doing.

If he did it and then died 4-6 months afterwards, you might could prove that on  your own.  If it has been years since he died, it is going to be hard, if not even impossible.  Best bet is to first talk with the physician that treated the individual or his family.  If they agree he wasn't in his right mind or thinking rationally, then you can get an attorney to proceed.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
why was a friend leaving you money and not his family in the first place?

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
Contact goodrum.  He has pre-paid legal and he is a former supreme court justice and head of parliment.  If can't do anything right now give him a week and he will get some letters after his name then he can help you.  
qft is what you youngsters say aint it.
never cease to entertain.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
why was a friend leaving you money and not his family in the first place?
          i knew the guy for 40 years his whole family died father and sister, he wanted me to have everything but i told him to just try and get better, but that didn't happen.  i used to visit him in the hospital he was seeing things etc. sad case, just don't like this scumball moving in and pretty much stealing everything.  i would be happy with 20 percent but this guy stole pretty much everything and says i'm only getting 20 percent of what he sold the house for.
F

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »

x2

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »
x2
    i know but everyone once in a while  you might come across good advices  sometimes from the unlikelest of sources.
F

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:49 PM »
this scumbag of a funeral director is trying to screw me out of an inheritance, he moved in and had my friend change his will after he went crazy in 2007 and died. he had my part changed from 50 oercent to 20 percent. well this turd stole all the money in the house took all the insurance policies sold a substantial gun collection illegally and now says i have no right to question  him on anything because i'm only an heir. do i have any legal right or recourse to make him accountable to all the bullshit he pulled.
Hmm. A funeral director taking an interest in a decedent's estate sounds very iffy, not to mention a conflict of interest. That's farked up. Where's Paul Hupp, attorney-at-law!?  

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 01:27:33 PM »
easy case...challenge the validity of the will when it is submitted to probate.  prove your lover was legally incapable of making a new will and the old will in which you had 50 percent is revived.  sue your lover's funeral director for conversion since he stole things out of house.

and why the fuck do you come on here asking legal advice?  are you retarded?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »
Hmm. A funeral director taking an interest in a decedent's estate sounds very iffy, not to mention a conflict of interest. That's farked up. Where's Paul Hupp, attorney-at-law!?  
The funeral director could have aided or sped up the process. You know Death waits for no one, and neither do caskets.

What he needs to do is seek legal cousel in the family matters or inheritance fields. Also his state's civil laws must be consulted as well. He can some legwork on his own by going to a law library.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
easy case...challenge the validity of the will when it is submitted to probate.  prove your lover was legally incapable of making a new will and the old will in which you had 50 percent is revived.  sue your lover's funeral director for conversion since he stole things out of house.

and why the fuck do you come on here asking legal advice?  are you retarded?
        not my lover dude  just a friend i ain't a homo  not that there's anything wrong with that, just getting some feedback from my favorite brothers of the iron.
F

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 01:44:50 PM »
sure...whatever you say...i'm not judging you.  i'll let the religious nuts like JME do that

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »
if you are a blood relative, i.e. a distributee, you'd have to sign a waiver prior to a judge probating the Will..  That's where you would raise your objections to it.  

I'm an Estate lawyer in Ny.

If you're not related, but just a friend (i think that's what you said) then you can't really attack the validity of the Will personally, bc if the person died without the Will, you'd receive nothing regardless.  I'd consult an Estate lawyer and discuss.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
Looks like it`s time to contact Rabinowitz,Rabinowitz,Rabinowitz,and Shapiro !!  :)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 01:48:33 PM »

lol I love you :D :D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 01:50:56 PM »
          i knew the guy for 40 years his whole family died father and sister, he wanted me to have everything but i told him to just try and get better, but that didn't happen.  i used to visit him in the hospital he was seeing things etc. sad case, just don't like this scumball moving in and pretty much stealing everything.  i would be happy with 20 percent but this guy stole pretty much everything and says i'm only getting 20 percent of what he sold the house for.

So let me get this right

One guy dates another guy who screwed him and you money or otherwise... this story is gathering speed fast

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »
Looks like it`s time to contact Rabinowitz,Rabinowitz,Rabinowitz,and Shapiro !!  :)
Oh yeah!? Well, I have Hungadunga, Hungadunga, Hungadunga, Hungadunga and McCormick on retainer.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »

I pride myself on my hobo chic, but even I know that guy is a mess. Mullet/jorts combo. Oh brother.   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »
LOL  :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »
I pride myself on my hobo chic, but even I know that guy is a mess. Mullet/jorts combo. Oh brother.   ;D
Straight out of the movie Joe Dirt