Author Topic: The Walking Dead.....Season 3  (Read 34586 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: The Walking Dead.....Season 3
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2013, 04:27:16 AM »
Last night's episode was very good.   Leaving the hitchhiker was brutal.

At first it was all about finding other humans, now they leave a hitch hiker to die and never blink an eye. Hard to root for them at this point.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2013, 06:39:14 AM »
At first it was all about finding other humans, now they leave a hitch hiker to die and never blink an eye. Hard to root for them at this point.

Agreed.....I thought the same thing.....Rick would have never done that in season's 1-2.....However I will say that if they did bring the Hitchhiker along, it would be tough because I'm sure they are running out of food and it would be another mouth to feed and assimulate inot the group, PLUS rick already has a few wildcards in the group with Merle and Micchione and doesn't need someone else he has to watch

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:27 AM »
Agreed.....I thought the same thing.....Rick would have never done that in season's 1-2.....However I will say that if they did bring the Hitchhiker along, it would be tough because I'm sure they are running out of food and it would be another mouth to feed and assimulate inot the group, PLUS rick already has a few wildcards in the group with Merle and Micchione and doesn't need someone else he has to watch

Yeah, agreed. What they are doing now, isn't working. Try as they might to be sealed off from the world, they are losing numbers all the time. There is strength in numbers and from a viewer/ratings aspect, more chances for different storylines if they were to be selective but open to bringing in new members. The stopping to get the backpack was like spitting on the guy. They should be focusing on retaining their humanity as much as they are surviving. Surviving and losing all sense of compassion and humanity isn't much of a goal.  And from a viewer standpoint, not as entertaining

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
Yeah, agreed. What they are doing now, isn't working. Try as they might to be sealed off from the world, they are losing numbers all the time. There is strength in numbers and from a viewer/ratings aspect, more chances for different storylines if they were to be selective but open to bringing in new members. The stopping to get the backpack was like spitting on the guy. They should be focusing on retaining their humanity as much as they are surviving. Surviving and losing all sense of compassion and humanity isn't much of a goal.  And from a viewer standpoint, not as entertaining

That's subjective.  I found the last episode very entertaining.   Throughout the show, many of the people they have encountered have been detrimental to their survival, so not considering the hitchhiker, especially in the wake of what's about to transpire with the Governor, is very realistic.

Also, considering a young man recently had to shoot his mother after childbirth to avoid her turning, losing 2-3 members of their group, it's easy to see why their sense of compassion and humanity is going through a down cycle at the moment.
Y

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »
That's subjective.  I found the last episode very entertaining.   Throughout the show, many of the people they have encountered have been detrimental to their survival, so not considering the hitchhiker, especially in the wake of what's about to transpire with the Governor, is very realistic.

Also, considering a young man recently had to shoot his mother after childbirth to avoid her turning, losing 2-3 members of their group, it's easy to see why their sense of compassion and humanity is going through a down cycle at the moment.

It's michonnes dumbass who brought all of this down on them or at least sped up the process.  She couldn't just go away after Merle said he killed her.  She had to go back, break into the governors home and kill his undead kid.  Before that she released the zombies woodbury had in storage and sliced them up.  None of that makes any rationale sense if you don't intend anything other than starting a conflict. She was fully capable of sneaking away in the middle of the night but instead chose to poke the hornets nest.
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »

very subjective. But when numbers approach 6, 5, they may have wished they had some extra bodies. They'll need 24 hr security details, shooters to man a 360 deg defense. Takes some manpower to defend a prison.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »
very subjective. But when numbers approach 6, 5, they may have wished they had some extra bodies. They'll need 24 hr security details, shooters to man a 360 deg defense. Takes some manpower to defend a prison.

I don't disagree with this, which is why I thought Tyreese would stick around, but even his group had 2 who could be lethal to the group.  They may add once this arc finishes and they move to the next point.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
It's michonnes dumbass who brought all of this down on them or at least sped up the process.  She couldn't just go away after Merle said he killed her.  She had to go back, break into the governors home and kill his undead kid.  Before that she released the zombies woodbury had in storage and sliced them up.  None of that makes any rationale sense if you don't intend anything other than starting a conflict. She was fully capable of sneaking away in the middle of the night but instead chose to poke the hornets nest.

Truthfully, I felt bad for the governor when she did that (well, if you ignore all the other stuff going on in that room).   That was not her right.

Michonne has largely been a wasted character, IMO, especially after such a great debut.   BUT, last episode went a long way to changing that.
Y

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
Truthfully, I felt bad for the governor when she did that (well, if you ignore all the other stuff going on in that room).   That was not her right.

Michonne has largely been a wasted character, IMO, especially after such a great debut.   BUT, last episode went a long way to changing that.

Last episode was a good one for her for certain. Even Carl, which I don't like at all, was tolerable. With all those weapons in the room and Rick a former cop, you would think he would have made sure no weapons were within reach of Morgan

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:57 PM »

Depends on how you look at it..some would feel that it is an abomination to keep the dead around as if they were still actually alive.....Michonne probably had that sensibility....

also Rick and shane did the same thing too when they were living at the farm and destroyed all the walkers in the barn who were the family members of maggie and her father...who were they to do that???......

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2013, 06:19:34 AM »
Depends on how you look at it..some would feel that it is an abomination to keep the dead around as if they were still actually alive.....Michonne probably had that sensibility....

also Rick and shane did the same thing too when they were living at the farm and destroyed all the walkers in the barn who were the family members of maggie and her father...who were they to do that???......

Regardless of how you look at it, Michonne did not have to impose her beliefs on it.  There was no harm in what the Governor was doing, in this situation.

Y

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:40 AM »
Regardless of how you look at it, Michonne did not have to impose her beliefs on it.  There was no harm in what the Governor was doing, in this situation.

How better to hurt the Governor than to kill his dead daughter... wait.. that doesn't make sense..

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »

maybe..but bottom line is that the Governor tried to kill Michone for no reason...If I were Michonne THAT trumps everything and after that all bets are off...I'm going to do whatever I can to hurt you......

Actually the Governor should be thankful....after stabbing him in the eye, Michonne could have finished him off and chose not to....Michonne perforned an act of mercy

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2013, 07:09:00 AM »

The governor wasn't keeping the walkers around as if they were living people. Penny was kept for that reason.  He was using the walkers in the pens for the games, though michonne didnt know that at the time.  Kind of like Michonne was using the undead as pack mules and to mask her living scent from other walkers.  She has no moral ground to stand on when it comes to exploitation of the walkers.

The difference between the what Shane did and what Michonne did was that Rick and the group were living on the farm and the zombies accumulating in the barn were a direct threat to their lives and the lives of Hershel and his family.  The zombies held by the governor were of no threat whatsoever to Michonne. 
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »
Damn this seasons story line is fucking crawling along, how long can they draw this one aspect of the story out?

This season has been fairly disappointing thus they have drug the part with the govenor out way to long in my opinion. The story line hasnt really progressed for the last 3 episodes. The two groups are still at odds and at each others throats, no resolution of any kind in sight.

They are going to drag this entire thing out until the last episode I bet and andrea is going to kill the govenor.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »
Damn this seasons story line is fucking crawling along, how long can they draw this one aspect of the story out?

This season has been fairly disappointing thus they have drug the part with the govenor out way to long in my opinion. The story line hasnt really progressed for the last 3 episodes. The two groups are still at odds and at each others throats, no resolution of any kind in sight.

They are going to drag this entire thing out until the last episode I bet and andrea is going to kill the govenor.

Dude..you want everything resolved in one episode.....hjow fulfilling would that be?..in real life, sometimes things do drag along...I think its been appropriate pacing so far.....this show is going to last at least another three years..they have to move slower than they originally planned..AMC wants this show around a long time

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2013, 06:00:48 AM »
Dude..you want everything resolved in one episode.....hjow fulfilling would that be?..in real life, sometimes things do drag along...I think its been appropriate pacing so far.....this show is going to last at least another three years..they have to move slower than they originally planned..AMC wants this show around a long time
I don't want everything resolved in one episode. I don't want them spending an entire season focusing on one damn issue. How could would season 2 had been if the search for Sofia was the center point for the entire season?

This shit is taking to long to kick off, the storyline needs a kick in the ass. They are in the same damn spot they were 3 episodes ago story wise

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
Writers are running out of material and it shows. Season has really sucked ass.
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »
Writers are running out of material and it shows. Season has really sucked ass.

I just think it's about 3 episodes too long and they're stalling.

I've liked a lot of it.  The Governor is a good character, Michonne is developing, and Merle's a great character too.  But now it's at a point where we just have to see who will turn on the Governor to end his reign.

I thought Tyrese would have a bigger role.  He could be bad ass.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
I just think it's about 3 episodes too long and they're stalling.

I've liked a lot of it.  The Governor is a good character, Michonne is developing, and Merle's a great character too.  But now it's at a point where we just have to see who will turn on the Governor to end his reign.

I thought Tyrese would have a bigger role.  He could be bad ass.
I think tyrese still has a good sized role to play

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2013, 09:57:16 AM »
I think tyrese still has a good sized role to play

I'm looking for Tyrese and Michonne to hook up

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
If you illiterate fucks were to read the comic book version Tyrese and Michonne do hook up and I think both end up dying.  I don't remember.  This season has been totally fucking disappointing.  It's DEAD!  That's for sure.  This show has unfortunately been getting worse every season.  This never should have been an ongoing show.  They should have done a miniseries and been done with it.  I was just watching the BBC show survivors that only went two seasons.  It's a similar concept to the Walking Dead but my god it was 1000x better with better actors, better action, better storylines, better scenery, etc.  It's funny how dumb some American shows seem in light of other shows in other countries.  Americans in general I think aren't the most sophisticated people.  Walking Dead is proof of that. 

It's just flat out fucking boring now.  There needs to be much more action.  They need to focus much more on how these people are actually surviving.  Where the hell are is the group getting food?  water?  Where is everyone else in the world?  The USA?  This whole Gov. shit got old quick.  If you watch that BBC show the Survivors it had an awesome story line that developed and each epidsode you got closer and closer to what the hell happened to everybody.  I totally agree that there needs to be more characters.  They never should have allowed the group to be holed up in a prison for an entire season.  They should have them keep moving. 

And how come it's the same fucking weather EVERY single fucking episode?  They are never battling disease, storms, flooding, snow, etc.  It's just become a dumbed down fucking show.  Season 1 had SO MUCH potential and was awesome.  Season II was great.  But after that the show tanked.  I think a lot of fans are bored with it. And next season if there is one will be worse. 

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2013, 02:34:16 PM »
some zombie battles trudging through snow would be great.
I miss the flashbacks they had showing what happened at certain points.
If you illiterate fucks were to read the comic book version Tyrese and Michonne do hook up and I think both end up dying.  I don't remember.  This season has been totally fucking disappointing.  It's DEAD!  That's for sure.  This show has unfortunately been getting worse every season.  This never should have been an ongoing show.  They should have done a miniseries and been done with it.  I was just watching the BBC show survivors that only went two seasons.  It's a similar concept to the Walking Dead but my god it was 1000x better with better actors, better action, better storylines, better scenery, etc.  It's funny how dumb some American shows seem in light of other shows in other countries.  Americans in general I think aren't the most sophisticated people.  Walking Dead is proof of that. 

It's just flat out fucking boring now.  There needs to be much more action.  They need to focus much more on how these people are actually surviving.  Where the hell are is the group getting food?  water?  Where is everyone else in the world?  The USA?  This whole Gov. shit got old quick.  If you watch that BBC show the Survivors it had an awesome story line that developed and each epidsode you got closer and closer to what the hell happened to everybody.  I totally agree that there needs to be more characters.  They never should have allowed the group to be holed up in a prison for an entire season.  They should have them keep moving. 

And how come it's the same fucking weather EVERY single fucking episode?  They are never battling disease, storms, flooding, snow, etc.  It's just become a dumbed down fucking show.  Season 1 had SO MUCH potential and was awesome.  Season II was great.  But after that the show tanked.  I think a lot of fans are bored with it. And next season if there is one will be worse. 

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »

I did see Survivors when BBC America aired the episodes. It was one of the reasons I started watching TWD.

TWD is filmed in Georgia. Like other states in the South USA, snow hardly ever happens there. If there is stormy weather, it likely has something severe to it like being a hurricane or having tornadoes forming. I understand completely that if there is that kind of weather on the forecast to stop filming and gtfo. Faking it doesn't always work.

Since you read the comic, were there any extreme conditions like the ones you mentioned?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2013, 09:28:02 PM »

DUDE,..WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY?>???AND WHY ARE YOU GIVING SPOILERS?...i KNOW THAT THE PRODUCERS AREN'T ADAPTING THE COMIC BOOK LITERALLY BUT WATCH OUT WHAT YOU POST...SOME OF US JUST AREN'T COMIC FANS..DON'T GIVE DETAILS WHICH MAY IN FACT BE REALIZED