Author Topic: Gym weirdos  (Read 14454 times)

pulling weight

• Getbig III
Gym weirdos
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:47:30 AM »
This morning I saw a sweaty guy lift a bench plate over his head and start whirling it around above his head with a circular motion as fast as a guy with an average build can do that with a plate. Is this a new exercise?

???

Also saw a short fattish guy with some width come in and survey everyone at the entrance.
Making a point to really mean mug. Guy just stood there at the door for a long time mean mugging (wtf). Finally I stopped curling and looked straight ahead in to the mirror like I was looking at him but not directly.
I stood very still sort of doing what he was doing--but seated.

The guy left looking anxious, and came back about 10 mins later with another guy and they said loudly, "lets blast our triceps today" or something to that effect.

Lmao

Weird fuxkers
T

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Gym weirdos
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

Haha, at gym you meet every fukin' kind of people   ;D

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:50:07 AM »

Some days ill sit down and do some basic forearm curls and feel out of place. Lol
T

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 09:04:08 AM »
Maybe the 45 plate "man" wanted to kill himself.

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »
Maybe the 45 plate "man" wanted to kill himself.

He survived after raising it high above his head and whirling it around like a hula dancer. He lost momentum very fast lol
I still can't get over it. I don't make a point of trying to embarrass people for doing this shit; to each his own..
but it was very hard to contain the laughter.
T

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
He survived after raising it high above his head and whirling it around like a hula dancer. He lost momentum very fast lol
I still can't get over it. I don't make a point of trying to embarrass people for doing this shit; to each his own..
but it was very hard to contain the laughter.

Was this before or after you shoved your cock in the STD pit of that bitch?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »
This morning I saw a sweaty guy lift a bench plate over his head and start whirling it around above his head with a circular motion as fast as a guy with an average build can do that with a plate. Is this a new exercise?

???

Also saw a short fattish guy with some width come in and survey everyone at the entrance.
Making a point to really mean mug. Guy just stood there at the door for a long time mean mugging (wtf). Finally I stopped curling and looked straight ahead in to the mirror like I was looking at him but not directly.

The guy left looking anxious, and came back about 10 mins later with another guy and they said loudly, "lets blast our triceps today" or something to that effect.

Lmao

Weird fuxkers

If you don't know about overhead bench plates circles then you don't know a thing about lifting weights.....next you'll say you've never performed buddy towel curls and/or heavy swiss ball squats.

My suggestion would be to ask to work in a couple of sets with him, but be sure and request a spot.  With overhead bench plate circles the spotter must firmly cup your genitals while providing support at your taint and lower buttocks.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
Thread title should be changed to "Vince Basile".

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »
Got to paint the image for you guys, hell it may be a getbigger!  Guy has his brown penny loafers, brown tube socks, shorts too short, and a muscle shirt on.....walks up to me while I am incline pressing and says, thanks for the spot(and I have not spotted for anyone on this eveing), I really appreciate it?  I look around "am I on candid camera" and say, sorry but think you may have wrong guy?  He says, no sir, it was you and just want to say thanks, I say no problem and he moves along?  WTF?

Gym weirdos!   :-\

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »

???

Lmao

Weird fuxkers

Yeah, I saw you mean muggin me from the mirror where you were doing curls in the squat rack.

So me an bubba weren't going to take that lying down. An iron warrior knows when the game is on. Turf doesn't divide easy, but bodybuilding is the muscle and sheilas are flotsam and are there things because of WEAPONZZZZ, after all, the internet is serious bizness. Lord Taka.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
 ???
Lmao

Weird fuxkers

When are you going to post the pictures of your daughter's shaved snapper?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 03:06:55 PM »

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
When I was in college there was this "guy in the gym" about 180lbs, 5'11", greasy hair, some acne...well, he would do these things

-Read The Odyssey between sets.
-Talk to him self
-Do hand stand push ups for no reason
-Shadow box between sets
-Be very frustrated by seemingly simple tasks i.e. trying to do deads with a very narrow grip and having the bar sway up and down. He would drop the bar, yell at himself and try/fail again. He then came over to me (no homo) and asked if he could use my straps, I said yes, he put them on (not very well) tried and failed again only to freak out, drop the bar, drop the straps and storm out.

This was not an isolated incident.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »
When I was in college there was this "guy in the gym" about 180lbs, 5'11", greasy hair, some acne...well, he would do these things

-Read The Odyssey between sets.
-Talk to him self
-Do hand stand push ups for no reason
-Shadow box between sets
-Be very frustrated by seemingly simple tasks i.e. trying to do deads with a very narrow grip and having the bar sway up and down. He would drop the bar, yell at himself and try/fail again. He then came over to me (no homo) and asked if he could use my straps, I said yes, he put them on (not very well) tried and failed again only to freak out, drop the bar, drop the straps and storm out.

This was not an isolated incident.

Probably a far cousin of Jason Ge nova.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

???

Lmao

Weird fuxkers

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
I miss working out in a gym with others.

No one ever works out in the mornings here. The gym doesn't even open until 10. I made a deal with the people who run the place to let me in at about 830. I'm always the only one there. Kind of nice to have the place to myself, but I miss some of the characters I used to see.
G

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:30:45 PM »
I still laugh at people who think they look cool working out with a hoodie on.  The silliest thing I've seen in my 20 plus years of lifting.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »
I still laugh at people who think they look cool working out with a hoodie on.  The silliest thing I've seen in my 20 plus years of lifting.

I don't never do, feel awkward having heavy cloths, always wear sweat pants and a comfy big t-shirt but:

apparently a lot of ppl do go figure. My gym is filled with guys in hoodies and hats. At one point I trained in a hat just so ppl wouldn't bother me, so I can focus and not have ot socialize with every guy i know. I reckon maybe that's why ppl do it. Just to zone out.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
I don't never do, feel awkward having heavy cloths, always wear sweat pants and a comfy big t-shirt but:

apparently a lot of ppl do go figure. My gym is filled with guys in hoodies and hats. At one point I trained in a hat just so ppl wouldn't bother me, so I can focus and not have ot socialize with every guy i know. I reckon maybe that's why ppl do it. Just to zone out.

Hahaha, like you train.

4thAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »
If you don't know about overhead bench plates circles then you don't know a thing about lifting weights.....next you'll say you've never performed buddy towel curls and/or heavy swiss ball squats.

My suggestion would be to ask to work in a couple of sets with him, but be sure and request a spot.  With overhead bench plate circles the spotter must firmly cup your genitals while providing support at your taint and lower buttocks.

This is why I love getbig lmfao

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
No I eat ice cream and mcdonalds around people who train  8) Weights what's that? I rep the spoon many times when taking the ice cream out while using my fingers towards the french fries is how i stretch.

But of course  :P It all makes sense now

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
I wear a hoodie on leg day. It's a thin one though. I heat up nice and quick with it on making the leg workout seem that much more excruciating. Hats are a must when it's busy so you don't feel obligated to look at or talk to anyone.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

???

Lmao

Weird fuxkers

Welcome to my world.

I'm a fucking wimp, yet still the strongest person at "Gay Fitness" so all the guys give me dirty looks while their GF's get wet watching me.