Author Topic: PROTEIN KILLS! new study wake up call  (Read 7592 times)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: PROTEIN KILLS! new study wake up call
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »
a 300lb ifbb pro can grow on 100g of protien

high protien only when dieting...why?

according to the study, high protein is simply an appetite supressant
"

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 12:25:15 AM »
i concur that people exegarate when it comes to protein consumption, i'd never go over 150g myself anymore, but carbs are not your best friend, fats are though, as i said before tehre are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids which ur body can not make on its own but there is no such thing as essential carbohydrates, the minimum amounts of glucose that's needed for brain function ur body can make from amino acids or glycerol

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 12:51:47 AM »
here's the actual paper

http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00065-5

Highlights

•Food intake is regulated primarily by dietary protein and carbohydrate
•Low-protein, high-carbohydrate diets are associated with the longest lifespans
•Energy reduction from high-protein diets or dietary dilution does not extend life
•Diet influences hepatic mTOR via branched-chain amino acids and glucose

Summary

The fundamental questions of what represents a macronutritionally balanced diet and how this maintains health and longevity remain unanswered. Here, the Geometric Framework, a state-space nutritional modeling method, was used to measure interactive effects of dietary energy, protein, fat, and carbohydrate on food intake, cardiometabolic phenotype, and longevity in mice fed one of 25 diets ad libitum. Food intake was regulated primarily by protein and carbohydrate content. Longevity and health were optimized when protein was replaced with carbohydrate to limit compensatory feeding for protein and suppress protein intake. These consequences are associated with hepatic mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) activation and mitochondrial function and, in turn, related to circulating branched-chain amino acids and glucose. Calorie restriction achieved by high-protein diets or dietary dilution had no beneficial effects on lifespan. The results suggest that longevity can be extended in ad libitum-fed animals by manipulating the ratio of macronutrients to inhibit mTOR activation.

Thanks for posting.

Vegetarians, have the lowest risk of all cause mortality, they typically consume a low level of protein, moderate protein with a relatively high amount of carbs. One key factor here is that they consume a very large amount of fiber. A component which always seems to be overlooked in studies.

NightTrain

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 01:02:07 AM »
i am 61 :)

Sums it up.

MuscleCenter living the dream looking early 40's in his 60's.

Pneumothorax

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 05:03:18 AM »
Well for a few hundred thousand years we evolved living on animal meat and whatever nuts and fruits we could scrounge up every now and then.  Think a low carb diet is fine, do cheat days every once in awhile to be in tune with your inner caveman.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 05:04:26 AM »
stop eating altogether
just to be on the safe side

just a friendly advice.

and dont go crazy on the water either. 1 glass no more. per day.

good luck

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
if you guys are into reading, one of the experts in the field lyle mcdonacld after reviewing countless studies in depth in his 'protein' book, states that for athletes 1g/lb of LBM is all is needed during muscle acquisition, when calories are above maintenance. If dieting 1.3 g is enough. Levels higher than this seem to suppress body anabolic processes.
Not enough studies were done to explore this for a PED user.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »
stop eating altogether
just to be on the safe side

just a friendly advice.

and dont go crazy on the water either. 1 glass no more. per day.

good luck

good advice, also important to cut out breathing to reduce reactive oxygen species.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
While I agree with you on the protein statement there is no excuse for you to be a  fatfuck in your old age, stop talking about safety fat and get on a diet and get in shape.

80 years old.

91 years old.

;D ;D ;D
Now he will hate U too, just like fatso hates Paul,Arnold,Zane,Tony,......................

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
Well, Coach, it is rather pointless debating hypertrophy with blokes like you. Why? Because you have little clue whether a theory is true or not. How would you test a theory? How would you refute a theory? I have presented an original theory of hypertrophy but the experts here continue to cling onto what they believe. They would rather die than change their beliefs. So they do the honourable thing and take their false theories to their graves everyone seems to be happy. Amazing this sport of bodybuilding.

I continue to prove my theory every time I train and get a result. All I need is sufficient motivation to keep training on a regular basis. The only way that is going to happen is if I never turn my computer on! Also, it is difficult to get really big at my age since I have accumulated so many injuries. When the heavy weights arrive the joints complain and soon enough something gives. I sure wish I knew what I know now back in 1958. I would have been a Mr Universe no worries at all. Not that those titles mean much any more which is a real shame. We can all thank Joe Weider and his silly Mr Olympia. That was a blow to all former champions but no one knew it at the time.

WHO was stopping U from taking NABBA Mr.Universe '75 or WBBG Mr.World ?.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
We need research not sponsored by supplement companies. Getting 40 naturals in a definitive study would sure help us settle the protein question.

& perfect location for this experiment would be never existed 15th floors high building on Manly beach

;D

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2014, 12:49:19 AM »
i concur that people exegarate when it comes to protein consumption, i'd never go over 150g myself anymore, but carbs are not your best friend, fats are though, as i said before tehre are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids which ur body can not make on its own but there is no such thing as essential carbohydrates, the minimum amounts of glucose that's needed for brain function ur body can make from amino acids or glycerol

Doesn't the body (brain included) function optimally on carbs though?

dustin

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »
Doesn't the body (brain included) function optimally on carbs though?

It can run just as well on ketones. Glycogen can be created too when the body needs it and is very far from being critical in our diets.

Over the years I've found myself eating less and less and only feeling better. I still binge lots and eat tons of junk, but on a good day I'll fast until after the gym and just eat once or twice with complete satiety, good bowel movements, feeling and looking better than ever.

I think once you have a solid base there's no sense in eating more than a couple to a few thousand cals each day unless you're either massive or do a massive amount of daily activity. Tons of protein is simply too strenuous for the body and a complete waste of time and money.

NightTrain

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
everyone just needs to consume kerosene, fried grass clippings, and turpentine.