Author Topic: I laugh at the authors of articles on Bodybuilding sites  (Read 2104 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
I laugh at the authors of articles on Bodybuilding sites
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »
Heres one from T-Nation, its called "Uncontrollable Growth"
http://www.t-nation.com/article/most_recent/uncontrollable_growth&cr=

Now heres the author.

If this guy is such an "expert" how come he dosen't even look like hes ever been in a gym in his fucking life.. ime fed up of these "experts" appearing everywhere offering out advice on the internet and in gyms and telling people how to do things(candidizzle). If you look like shit, shut your mouth and wait till you can back up your knowledge with your body/lifts. Atleast Layne Norton backs up what he says.. hes one of the very few who do.

AND the funny part is, this guy is so fucking dellusional that he thinks the photo of himself he posted backs up his article called "Uncontrollable Growth" pathetic fuck.

Also, posting photos of Dorian half way through the article dosent add to its credibility at all.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: I laugh at the authors of articles on Bodybuilding sites
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »
Maybe he didn't mean muscle- but hemorrhage-growth?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »
How coincidental the website offers a product for sale which the article recommends.

"Here are 7 good reasons why Product X will increase your awesomeness 1000% in just 3 weeks!"

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:43:06 AM »

Now heres the author.

If this guy is such an "expert" how come he dosen't even look like hes ever been in a gym in his fucking life.. ime fed up of these "experts" appearing everywhere offering out advice on the internet and in gyms and telling people how to do things(candidizzle). If you look like shit, shut your mouth and wait till you can back up your knowledge with your body/lifts. Atleast Layne Norton backs up what he says.. hes one of the very few who do.

AND the funny part is, this guy is so fucking dellusional that he thinks the photo of himself he posted backs up his article called "Uncontrollable Growth" pathetic fuck.

Also, posting photos of Dorian half way through the article dosent add to its credibility at all.

Hi Layme.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:48:23 AM »
Hahahahahaha that kid is skinny! 

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »

Now heres the author.

So just to clarify.......you think someone has to be a "bodybuilder" to be credible?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »
So just to clarify.......you think someone has to be a "bodybuilder" to be credible?

I wouldn't say it's a perfect inverse relationship, but...yeah to a degree I do think so, yes.   ;)
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »

I wouldn't say it's a perfect inverse relationship, but...yeah to a degree I do think so, yes.   ;)

So in a sense you're saying are very own Ron Avidan lends no credibility to bodybuilding? Even though Ron doesn't look the part, I'd have to say he lends more credibility to bodybuilding than 90% of any competitor or bodybuilder.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 08:08:34 AM »
personal trainers that look like shit piss me off

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
personal trainers that look like shit piss me off

He doesn't look out of shape to me!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 08:11:46 AM »
So in a sense you're saying are very own Ron Avidan lends no credibility to bodybuilding? Even though Ron doesn't look the part, I'd have to say he lends more credibility to bodybuilding than 90% of any competitor or bodybuilder.

"credibility?"   :-\

No, of course not, but is that what he's looking for?  He has an awesome website...but I don't remember reading a training or diet article by him that would warrent any "credibility."  :-\
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 08:14:15 AM »
"credibility?"   :-\

No, of course not, but is that what he's looking for?  He has an awesome website...but I don't remember reading a training or diet article by him that would warrent any "credibility."  :-\

I can name plenty of experts that don't look the part but know more than anyone on a stage at any level.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 08:20:30 AM »
I can name plenty of experts that don't look the part but know more than anyone on a stage at any level.

lol...those NASM trainers  ::)

Boyle: "running is useless, it's only good for the heart"  ;D
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 08:24:10 AM »

lol...those NASM trainers  ::)

Boyle: "running is useless, it's only good for the heart"  ;D

Now put it in it's full context.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 08:25:33 AM »
beware of people that look like bodybuilders giving out advice for they know less than most
Z

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 08:26:55 AM »
Now put it in it's full context.

No, that's it..he was saying that your body will fall apart, all your joints will go bad blah blah blah

go ahead, ask him...i'm not exaggerating
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »
No, that's it..he was saying that your body will fall apart, all your joints will go bad blah blah blah

go ahead, ask him...i'm not exaggerating

I have.......he's right. The context I was looking for was long distance running........not sprinting. I know you know if you've read his stuff.

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »
I will say this however. If you're the average person off the street looking for a trainer, then looking like one is a great selling point.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 08:34:22 AM »
I have.......he's right. The context I was looking for was long distance running........not sprinting. I know you know if you've read his stuff.

Why would I?!  I waisted my money on one of their seminars  ::)

Santana even made a point to stop during his lecture and thank everyone buying something from the tables in the back, he even said his kids thank them for paying for their college tuition  ;D

Anyways, to get back on point...yes, there are things in the gym/track/field that WORK that science has NOT YET been able to prove.  How long was it before the American Medical Association FINALLY agreed that Anabolic Steroids MIGHT have athletic benefits LOLOLOL  ::)  Again, it's not a perfect inverse relationship, but to a degree..yes I do expect an author on powelifting to be able to move some weight, I do expect an expert on "nutrition" to be in shape, sorry.  ;)
just not good enough

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 08:42:52 AM »
Ron never gives training/nutrition/drug advice/articles

The Coach

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »
Why would I?!  I waisted my money on one of their seminars  ::)

Santana even made a point to stop during his lecture and thank everyone buying something from the tables in the back, he even said his kids thank them for paying for their college tuition  ;D

Anyways, to get back on point...yes, there are things in the gym/track/field that WORK that science has NOT YET been able to prove.  How long was it before the American Medical Association FINALLY agreed that Anabolic Steroids MIGHT have athletic benefits LOLOLOL  ::)  Again, it's not a perfect inverse relationship, but to a degree..yes I do expect an author on powelifting to be able to move some weight, I do expect an expert on "nutrition" to be in shape, sorry.  ;)

Well, I go a little beyond the seminars when it comes to Boyle. I try to make it a point to spend a week with him every year or two at his gym. Some things I disagree with but most I do agree with. He's not as conventional as most S&C coaches out there. He looks at things through the eyes of a PT (physical therapist) and put together programs that not only work but reduce injury.

The Coach

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »
Ron never gives training/nutrition/drug advice/articles

But he does know the industry. My point wasn't for his nutrition, drugs etc. it was for his knowledge of the industry as a whole. If he were to just talk to someone off the street about bodybuilding, they would discredit him (no offence Ron ;D) but you, I and most people in this industry know he knows what he's talking about.