Author Topic: Abolish the police  (Read 9908 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Abolish the police
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »
Put yourself in their shoes. You're in a job where everyday a majority of the people you deal with hate you or are dirtbags. I'm sure they get burnt out, just like nurses, but for whatever reason they don't "cycle" them in and out of shitty situations. They ought to make them take turns as the hospital cop or school resource cop so they're not always dealing with assholes. It might make them a bit less angry or tired of the general population. Just my two cents.

Yes, burn out is common in many high stressful job, however, it does not excuse inappropriate or unethical behavior. Cops are well aware of what the job entails. If you can't handle it, then don't become a cop. I often hear you go on and on about "personal responsibility" and being "responsible for ones actions" and you NEVER put yourself in someone elses shoes, so why should I put myself in cops shoes? As such, the same thing applies to police officers. There is no excuse for that sort of behavior--is their job stressful? Sure, however, they still need to be responsible for their behavior. No excuses, such as blaming other people. Its their job. They are adults. Plain and simple.
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2016, 07:03:49 PM »
Yes, burn out is common in many high stressful job, however, it does not excuse inappropriate or unethical behavior. Cops are well aware of what the job entails. If you can't handle it, then don't become a cop. I often hear you go on and on about "personal responsibility" and being "responsible for ones actions" and you NEVER put yourself in someone elses shoes, so why should I put myself in cops shoes? As such, the same thing applies to police officers. There is no excuse for that sort of behavior--is their job stressful? Sure, however, they still need to be responsible for their behavior. No excuses, such as blaming other people. Its their job. They are adults. Plain and simple.

Really, me? I believe I am a pretty objective individual. I've got no love or hate for cops, and I agree, they know what they're signing up for but I'm just playing devils advocate. I can always see the other side, but it doesn't mean I agree.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2016, 07:07:06 PM »
Really, me? I believe I am a pretty objective individual. I've got no love or hate for cops, and I agree, they know what they're signing up for but I'm just playing devils advocate. I can always see the other side, but it doesn't mean I agree.

Yes, you.Not in this circumstances, but in other circumstances, where placing yourself in someone elses shoes may have allowed you to see their position. But, you did not. So, why should I place myself in the shoes of cops? They have a dangerous job. Well, they get paid for it, get medical and health benefits, and a pension. They don't like it, they can quit.
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »
Put yourself in their shoes. You're in a job where everyday a majority of the people you deal with hate you or are dirtbags. I'm sure they get burnt out, just like nurses, but for whatever reason they don't "cycle" them in and out of shitty situations. They ought to make them take turns as the hospital cop or school resource cop so they're not always dealing with assholes. It might make them a bit less angry or tired of the general population. Just my two cents.

great point.   negativity/stress can be a terrible thing.  An unhappy cop in an area where he's hated for years at a time is a bad thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »
cops and teachers actually make fairly good $ when you consider a few things.

job is tenured/guaranteed often after they've had the job for a few years
they can sit most of the day
paychecks are guaranteed (us small biz owners hustle - daily - for decades)
no extreme weather
medical always covered (try getting that at most jobs at 22 years old these days)
pay always at 40k+ to start - again, very good considering the competitive world we live in
unions protect you

They have important jobs, key to the function of society.  But they're not making $23,000.... living without benefits... reapplying for the same job each month... working in the sun on their feet all day.   MANY people are.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2016, 07:13:12 PM »
Ricin-laced debit cards -

Abolish EBT!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »
Not everyone should be a cop. If you can't handle the stress and have a weak mortal compass you shouldn't be paid to protect and serve the rest of us.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2016, 07:17:16 PM »
Not everyone should be a cop. If you can't handle the stress and have a weak mortal compass you shouldn't be paid to protect and serve the rest of us.

x2
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
Yes, you.Not in this circumstances, but in other circumstances, where placing yourself in someone elses shoes may have allowed you to see their position. But, you did not. So, why should I place myself in the shoes of cops? They have a dangerous job. Well, they get paid for it, get medical and health benefits, and a pension. They don't like it, they can quit.

Brutal ownage, sounds like you've been watching me, from the shadows... :D

no extreme weather
medical always covered (try getting that at most jobs at 22 years old these days)
pay always at 40k+ to start - again, very good considering the competitive world we live in
unions protect you

They have important jobs, key to the function of society.  But they're not making $23,000.... living without benefits... reapplying for the same job each month... working in the sun on their feet all day.   MANY people are.

Ehh, cops carry a gun to work. It's a bit different. I think cops and firemen are underpaid. They should raise the pay, raise the bar, and make better choices in who they hire. Do a better personality inventory prior to hiring.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2016, 07:31:48 PM »
Brutal ownage, sounds like you've been watching me, from the shadows... :D

Ehh, cops carry a gun to work. It's a bit different. I think cops and firemen are underpaid. They should raise the pay, raise the bar, and make better choices in who they hire. Do a better personality inventory prior to hiring.

I think corrections officers job is WAY more dangerous than a cop or firefighter.
X

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
You cannot have a police state without police.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »

yeah - move the police pay from 35k to 60k (or whatever the figure) and you will have amazing people doing it, that's for sure.

BUT the cost would be tremendous to the counties and cities/states.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »
yeah - move the police pay from 35k to 60k (or whatever the figure) and you will have amazing people doing it, that's for sure.

BUT the cost would be tremendous to the counties and cities/states.

It's like anything, more effective people can do a job better. Take out lawsuits, OT due to incompetent officers etc. Who knows, I may be wrong, but money could be saved elsewhere. I could go on for pages about government and municipality waste in spending.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2016, 09:14:50 PM »
Ffs dude, please stop using 'whom'... you get it wrong EVERY time.

No, he's right, pretty sure.  The person is being placed there.  It's the whole point of his post.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2019, 01:58:37 AM »

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 04:58:53 AM »

no extreme weather
unions protect you

They have important jobs, key to the function of society.  But they're not making $23,000.... living without benefits... reapplying for the same job each month... working in the sun on their feet all day.   MANY people are.

Goodmorrow,

I just saw this highly false post. Lets get things straight. Teachers start at $34,000 per year. What other job requires a Masters Degree with that salary? To make top pay as a teacher it takes 17 years dealing with not only unruly kids but parents that just don't give a "F".
Tenure DOES NOT GUARANTEE A JOB. Tenure just allows a teacher due process. Meaning, you can't fire a teacher just because.
Extreme weather? That doesn't mean that they don't go to work. There are days that schools will cancel but "staff reports".
You're a business owner? Lets talk about that. Everyone talks about supporting "Mom & Pop" stores but the truth is they usually offer nothing to the consumer. In fact their prices are extremely high because they can't buy in bulk. The stores like Home Depot, Walmart are the stores that help the community. Why? Because they offer jobs to hundreds of people and medical to full time employees. Mom & Pops can't and basically have family working for them.  Mom & Pop stores are usually (not all) dirty, highly cluttered and just disorganized because they don't answer to a higher superior and have district wide standards. Chain stores and restaurants are not only managed by the store manager but also the district manager making sure rules and guidelines are followed. Lets face it, with chain restaurants and stores you know what they sell and what you're going to get.  

Hope I cleared things up for you.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
The typical Boston Public Schools Teacher salary is $71,719. Teacher salaries at Boston Public Schools can range from $49,486 - $99,000.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2019, 07:23:11 AM »
the problem is the extremes.

I see people on my feeds, completely refusing to admit cops do any wrong.  They defend shoots with "well, the guy had a record, so..."

In their minds, it's impossible to 1) support the police and 2) admit a small # of cops can do any wrong.

They use "blame the victim" all the time.  They're just as bad as the idiots rioting and shooting at cops, because they keep the idiotic BS in the news.  

if either side would just grow the fck up, this nonsense would go away.   Half of them want to blow cops because it's their patriotic duty, the other half want to murder police because they're butthurt over some shit that has never happened to them.

Try watching some of the reality cop shows on TV so you can get an idea of what their job entails...They deal with the dregs of humanity everyday while getting bombarded with criticism and second guessing. Of course all of them are not perfect, there are 34,000 arrests everyday in the US, only a fool would expect 100% perfection.
People who continually criticise cops usually have arrest records or problems with authority or are liberals without brains.

I can't watch the news this week.  Idiots on all sides.  Just admit the middle 95% is where the truth lies.