Author Topic: Dexter Jackson: No Cardio for Contest Preparation?  (Read 12657 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Dexter Jackson: No Cardio for Contest Preparation?
« on: September 13, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »
I remember reading twice that Dexter Jackson does NO cardio to get schredded. I guess that is how it is for a Meso-Ectomorph...can anyone confirm this as fact though?
I hate the State.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Dexter Jackson: No Cardio for Contest Preparation?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 06:52:28 AM »
He used to but he started doing cardio a few years ago.  His metabolism has slowed down with age. 
A

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:55:18 AM »
all related to drugs.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 06:56:18 AM »
I remember reading twice that Dexter Jackson does NO cardio to get schredded. I guess that is how it is for a Meso-Ectomorph...can anyone confirm this as fact though?

Bull shit

there was a video him, showing his "crib" and cars..by Mitz (I think that is the name of the guy that recorded it)

he stated and I quote "I don't do cardio, I only do it 3 times a week for 30 minutes"..epic double talk
Here comes the money shot

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:34:27 AM »

no one needs to do cardio to loose weight, all you need is a caloric deficit. fuck ectomorph, mesomorph, its all bullshit.

that being said, doing cardio will help you get into a "negative caloric state" (in combination with caloric restriction).

nothing special about dexter jackson...compared to the average person, apart from him being on massive amounts of drugs that help with burning fat and keeping his muscles when dieting. (+he has good muscle shape etc..)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:42:35 AM »
You need cardio when your metabolism slow down with low carb diet.
If your body can keep high metabolism even if you do low carb diet, you dont need to do cardio. Very simple.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 07:50:10 AM »
You need cardio when your metabolism slow down with low carb diet.
If your body can keep high metabolism even if you do low carb diet, you dont need to do cardio. Very simple.

no. its a question of amount of calories. not about metabolism (unless you have some serious metabolic disorder)

the key word is caloric need, not metabolism. doing cardio is a way to burn calories and get into a caloric deficit.

how you reach that caloric deficit, is up to you (restring calories and/or doing cardio)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 07:56:55 AM »
If you think Dexter does no cardio, look at these:

Before

After

Do you really think he always did this? ::) The only way I can see ANYONE getting by with absolutely ZERO cardio, is to increase the fat burning drugs (clen, T3, ephedra, etc...) to a seriously dangerous dose. Then again, who am I to talk? I've taken Bronkaid, 400mg of caffeine pills and a triple shot Rockstar as "one dose" numerous times in a day. ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:02:54 AM »
Well there is this plant extract (the name of which I have unfortunately forgotten) which burns fat at light speed; it is potentially life threatening to use as well...shit what is it called...?
I hate the State.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »
Ma Huang? Guarana? Ephedra?
None of these equal any of the other synthetics (clen, T3, and I think cytomel can be thrown in there but not my field for sure).
No matter what Dexter is taking, you don't transform like that with zero cardio. ;)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 08:06:23 AM »
If you think Dexter does no cardio, look at these:

Before

After

Do you really think he always did this? ::) The only way I can see ANYONE getting by with absolutely ZERO cardio, is to increase the fat burning drugs (clen, T3, ephedra, etc...) to a seriously dangerous dose. Then again, who am I to talk? I've taken Bronkaid, 400mg of caffeine pills and a triple shot Rockstar as "one dose" numerous times in a day. ;D

no, he can get away with zero cardio if he restricts his food enough and thereby finds himself in a caloric deficit. the main thing drugs do is they allow you to cheat in your diet and keep your muscle when dieting. the "cutting drugs"  makes it easier, but are not necessary. the aas, is necessary tho, as they allow you too keep your hard earned muscle when reaching very low fat%. a natural will start losing loads of muscle when fat% drops under 7-8% or so.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 08:07:54 AM »
Well there is this plant extract (the name of which I have unfortunately forgotten) which burns fat at light speed; it is potentially life threatening to use as well...shit what is it called...?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 08:08:29 AM »
Dorian once claimed the same thing.  Said his only cardio was walking from his car to the gym.

Honestly cardio is not needed. Shit like DNP can burn fat while you sleep.  There is some nasty stuff out there that can burn more fat than 20 hours of cardio a day could.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 08:09:43 AM »
no, he can get away with zero cardio if he restricts his food enough and thereby finds himself in a caloric deficit. the main thing drugs do is they allow you to cheat in your diet and keep your muscle when dieting. the "cutting drugs"  makes it easier, but are not necessary. the aas, is necessary tho, as they allow you too keep your hard earned muscle when reaching very low fat%. a natural will start losing loads of muscle when fat% drops under 7-8% or so.

Sorry, I'm not inclined to agree with you on this one. :)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 08:10:49 AM »

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 08:11:32 AM »

Maybe dexter Doesn't Like To do Cardio?

Monsta DNP Usage.. ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 08:12:45 AM »

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »
Sorry, I'm not inclined to agree with you on this one. :)

well, tell me exactly what parts you dont agree with then.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 08:19:17 AM »

spinnis

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 08:37:19 AM »
He didnīt do cardio before, but now as said with age he does.

And the fat photo, he didnīt train for 10 weeks.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 08:38:07 AM »
cardio & drugs help but diet is the key

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 08:40:15 AM »
Dorian once claimed the same thing.  Said his only cardio was walking from his car to the gym.

Honestly cardio is not needed. Shit like DNP can burn fat while you sleep.  There is some nasty stuff out there that can burn more fat than 20 hours of cardio a day could.

That's the stuff I am talking about. Deadly but it explains how they can go from 14% bodyfat to 3% in just a few weeks....sometimes anyway...
I hate the State.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 08:46:50 AM »
well, tell me exactly what parts you dont agree with then.

I agree that he could do no cardio and get cut. But as ripped as Dex comes into every contest, you realize he has to have cardio, and lots of drugs to get him that ripped. Would you think Andreas Munzer got his crazy striations with zero cardio and just lowered his calories? No, Munzer had help, just as Dex does.
So, I guess what I'm saying: You can get ripped as you say (lower calories, increase activity) but does Dexter do that? No way in hell.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »
Theres drugs to build with little effort and same for getting lean without cardio  :-\.then theres the bber who trains,cardio,supp's,natural and non supp's covers all bases.drugs in the end though can't totally eliminate doing whats needed for the finished stage product.