Author Topic: How do people respond to your muscularity?  (Read 25487 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: How do people respond to your muscularity?
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
Y r u so irritated? What bothers u kind sir? Are you angry cause it's an everyday language for me, or because you generally don't like ppl who are rich in the way they express themselves? I'm very sorry to offend you in such an indirect way, I'll try to be a "simple worded" poster so you and others of your kind can feel comoftable on an internet forum.

p.s. - /a priori/ is - "in advance" generally, tho' in that case "in advance" doesn't "sound" right (I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to laying out my thoughts. I like 'em to sound like a Piano Concerto by Rachmaninov, nomsayin? Woops.. sorry, I should've said - Will I am or Justin Bieber..).

"in advance" doesn't sound right in that case.  correct.  "a priori" doesn't sound right in that case either.  why?  because drawing a conclusion about someone's character based on their appearance alone means that conclusion is NECESSARILY MADE IN ADVANCE OF OBSERVING THEM FULFILLING THIS CONCLUSION.  That is, it is a DEDUCTION.

it has nothing to do with being "rich" in the way you express yourself.  it has nothing to do with being "simple worded."  your usage of this term was completely redundant in this case, and you only did so because you are used to peppering your speech with high-sounding words and phrases in order to impress simpletons.  when you run into someone who is actually intelligent, however, it backfires and just makes you look like a dumbass.

Also LOL @ "everyday language."  If you regularly use "a priori" I hope you are in a continental philosophy class, because I can't imagine much use for the term outside of one.

And no, I'm not mad.  I enjoy ripping you apart.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: How do people respond to your muscularity?
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
"in advance" doesn't sound right in that case.  correct.  "a priori" doesn't sound right in that case either.  why?  because drawing a conclusion about someone's character based on their appearance alone means that conclusion is NECESSARILY MADE IN ADVANCE OF OBSERVING THEM FULFILLING THIS CONCLUSION.  That is, it is a DEDUCTION.

it has nothing to do with being "rich" in the way you express yourself.  it has nothing to do with being "simple worded."  your usage of this term was completely redundant in this case, and you only did so because you are used to peppering your speech with high-sounding words and phrases in order to impress simpletons.  when you run into someone who is actually intelligent, however, it backfires and just makes you look like a dumbass.

Also LOL @ "everyday language."  If you regularly use "a priori" I hope you are in a continental philosophy class, because I can't imagine much use for the term outside of one.

And no, I'm not mad.  I enjoy ripping you apart.

I'm glad I've impressed you. I'm obviously very concerned about how "I look like" to someone like you either. You are a good smaritan sir, such lenghts to go just to explain an annonymous on the interwebz the use of a word, when it was perfectly clear why it was used and what was the motivation to use it (unless one has some kind of neurosis and doubts about personal intelligence, so feels an urge to preach others to be "more simple", as it's a sin to express your thoughts wihtout worrying about some dumb fuck who'll take a more complex expression as a personal offence.).

You sound like a bitch during PMS. Take some ibuprofen or xanax you little man with boots 5sizes too large, I have nothing to prove you here and I have no idea why you try to prove me anything either.. Strange world, strange ppl.