Author Topic: BCAA drink  (Read 5722 times)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Re: BCAA drink
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »
help muscle grow. Milos theory is that the muscles are in its most anabolic state DURING the workout, not after or before. you havent been following obviously.

Milos does not know what he is talking about. There are no studies to support his theory on this. Taking BCAA's do not build muscle or help to do so. Any trainer can get what they need throughout the day with good food. As a trainer your body draws on amino acids only if you are not taking in or eating enough carbohydrates. It takes aerobic exercise to start using BCAA's to begin with.
    Try eating this daily and do not waste your $ on BCAA's
                3 oz of chicken
                 3 oz of tuna
                1 cup of nonfat yogurt
                 1 cup of cooked legumes.
h

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 01:46:58 AM »
When I am cutting I drink Xtend with regular Creatine Mono with water during my training.  I find I don't lose muscle tissue and I get stronger while cutting doing so.  I never add carbs because I pretty adamant about not having any carbs while training while cutting.

Now when I am trying to gain I have to say I have done about 75 grams of gatorade with 20 universal aminos per workout and I made the best gains of my life doing so. 

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
I might give this a shot ... are the Percentages dependent upon your Bodyweight at all ?

not at all man, i just like Waxy Maize better than the other 2, so i use more of it. i usually have about 50gm of carbs during training, then another 75 - 100 gm post training.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 08:57:54 AM »
How does Waxy Maize mix in water? Is it disgusting like Vitargo?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 09:00:25 AM »
that vitargo stuff is expensive as hell.

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 09:03:22 AM »
Don't take creatine before and during workout will cause cramping.

taking creatine before and during workout won't cause cramping?

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 09:04:39 AM »
I think his Physique speaks for itself ... he needs to keep doing whatever it is that he's doing !

hey man, thank you.

Ricky

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
that vitargo stuff is expensive as hell.
you're not exactly poor yourself, Mars.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »
I actually do the "milos" drink to. But I do mine like this, instead of using just BCAA's, Glutamine and Creatine. I use EAA's (essential amino acids). Essential Amino Acids help highly with protein synthesis (building muscle), not the non-essential, those basically get wasted and not really contributors to muscle growth.

Purple Wraath is a great product and so is the other EAA product from Prima Force. The other good one is EAA Stack by Universal Nutrition. Milos gets his Amino Acids from Ajinomoto at  www.ajiaminoscience.com/

I talked to Kim Chevlin there and she says he's ordered from them for his products. They also put the amino acids in Amino Vital.

So anyways, I mix it all together and suck it down when I train. Pre-training, I drink N.O. Xplode. Post training, I simply have fast carbs (Waxy Maize Starch) and protein powder, whey isolate.   

anyways, i started doing all this during my prep for my last show, it was AMAZING and it worked awesome. this is how i showed up looking and i won the overall........

Is BCAAs a powder of a liquid?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
Is BCAAs a powder of a liquid?

powder by optimum nutrition

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »
I've been cutting for 8 weeks.  I'm using 6 scoops of xtend, 2 scoops of Primal EAA from primaforce and vasocharge preworkout.  I drink the amino's during workout.  I've been amazed by the results.  When cutting calories, BCAA's are the shit.

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
I've been cutting for 8 weeks.  I'm using 6 scoops of xtend, 2 scoops of Primal EAA from primaforce and vasocharge preworkout.  I drink the amino's during workout.  I've been amazed by the results.  When cutting calories, BCAA's are the shit.

Uhm... you're not using your companies own brand of powders? That doesn't speak well for your products lol

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »
i like whey protien during my workouts with raw whole egg mixed in along with water and celtic sea salt
A

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 12:03:55 PM »
I sold all those companies 18 months ago

affy

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »
   Milos does not know what he is talking about. There are no studies to support his theory on this. Taking BCAA's do not build muscle or help to do so. Any trainer can get what they need throughout the day with good food. As a trainer your body draws on amino acids only if you are not taking in or eating enough carbohydrates. It takes aerobic exercise to start using BCAA's to begin with.
    Try eating this daily and do not waste your $ on BCAA's
                3 oz of chicken
                 3 oz of tuna
                1 cup of nonfat yogurt
                 1 cup of cooked legumes.

wtf..thats less then 100 grams of protein

seriously stfu you don't know what the hell you're talking about

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »
I sold all those companies 18 months ago

Then you can tell the truth =)
Are their powders any good?

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »
Waxy Maize Starch, Dextrose and Maltodextrin are the carbs i use. i order from trueprotein.com They are the best! I do a custom mix, 45% Waxy Maize Starch, 30% Dextrose and 25% Maltodextrin

amino acids in the drink are basically one serving of Purple Wraath from Controlled Labs, 5 - 10gm of Glutamine,  5 - 10gm of Creatine, and 5 - 10gm of BCAA's depening on how crazy the training session is that day.

Ricky

So you add in extra BCAAs?  Grape Wrath has both EAAs and BCAAs.

Do you add creatine and glutamine in to your post workout mix?

G.STEELE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »
Couldn't agree more. I've been putting on muscle while losing fat with the Xtend...and a lot of hard work!

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »
wtf..thats less then 100 grams of protein

seriously stfu you don't know what the hell you're talking about

You shut the fuck up. The stated above was in regards to the amount of amino's needed in one day from natural foods. Just as an example how little food it takes to get the amino's. I am not talking protein here. BCAA's , I hope, is not your source of protein. If it is then you are a total idiot. Hope this helps............
h

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
If u r bulking, and u dont have a lot of money, is it worth to take bcaas/eaas&glutamin&creatine&carbs during workout?
I mean, I am a student, i dont have money for lot of supplements. I usually only buy protein powder for preworkout(+dextroz), multivit pack + cvit. And i spend my money to real foods.
(i am not in the usa, supps are very expensive here..)

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 09:59:22 AM »
If u r bulking, and u dont have a lot of money, is it worth to take bcaas/eaas&glutamin&creatine&carbs during workout?
I mean, I am a student, i dont have money for lot of supplements. I usually only buy protein powder for preworkout(+dextroz), multivit pack + cvit. And i spend my money to real foods.

I wouldn't say so. BCAAs and EAAs are very expensive.

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 11:01:16 AM »
1lb of BCAA is 20$ , thats not very expensive.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 02:16:01 PM »
one pound of chicken is less than $5 and yields more than $20 worth of BCAA's................. ;)

oh yeah, and tastes better too. ;D
h

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »

save your money for real food, in college i only bought whey. couldnt afford anything else. real food will give you more benefits. eggs are cheap, chicken, skim milk veggies, whole bread, natural peanut butter. just graduate.

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2007, 03:45:57 AM »
Thanks for the answers! :)