Author Topic: BCAA drink  (Read 5730 times)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
BCAA drink
« on: October 22, 2007, 09:14:52 AM »
anyone try it? i bought Xtend a while back to drink during workouts....this shit makes my stomach so upset
that it effects my workouts

anyone else get this full/sick feeling from it?

and yes, i dilute it, that does not help

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: BCAA drink
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »
my stomach gets upset by most protein shakes.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »
I have been using my own "milos" drink during my workouts and I like it alot.  I mix a quart of gatorade with 10 grams bcaa, 10 grams glutamine and 10 grams creatine and drink it throughout my workout.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »
I have been using my own "milos" drink during my workouts and I like it alot.  I mix a quart of gatorade with 10 grams bcaa, 10 grams glutamine and 10 grams creatine and drink it throughout my workout.

you must be huge!!!!!!!!!!!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »
you must be huge!!!!!!!!!!!

-Massive mind-blowing brutal epic pumps
-legendary 1000 katrillion % strengh increases .005 seconds BEFORE even drinking it!

In all honesty, I do seem to notice a little better workout while drinking it.  I figure it can't hurt!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »

I am going to try that....thanks

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:22:36 AM »
I actually do the "milos" drink to. But I do mine like this, instead of using just BCAA's, Glutamine and Creatine. I use EAA's (essential amino acids). Essential Amino Acids help highly with protein synthesis (building muscle), not the non-essential, those basically get wasted and not really contributors to muscle growth.

Purple Wraath is a great product and so is the other EAA product from Prima Force. The other good one is EAA Stack by Universal Nutrition. Milos gets his Amino Acids from Ajinomoto at  www.ajiaminoscience.com/

I talked to Kim Chevlin there and she says he's ordered from them for his products. They also put the amino acids in Amino Vital.

So anyways, I mix it all together and suck it down when I train. Pre-training, I drink N.O. Xplode. Post training, I simply have fast carbs (Waxy Maize Starch) and protein powder, whey isolate.   

anyways, i started doing all this during my prep for my last show, it was AMAZING and it worked awesome. this is how i showed up looking and i won the overall........

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
anyone try it? i bought Xtend a while back to drink during workouts....this shit makes my stomach so upset
that it effects my workouts

anyone else get this full/sick feeling from it?

and yes, i dilute it, that does not help
i would never waste my money on crap like that

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:27:15 AM »
good vascularity, lot of guys have a problem dialing in the upper half same time as the lower.  Looks like your conditioning is dead on.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »
my stomach gets upset by most protein shakes.
me too, i switched to egg protein powder and feels much better

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
I actually do the "milos" drink to. But I do mine like this, instead of using just BCAA's, Glutamine and Creatine. I use EAA's (essential amino acids). Essential Amino Acids help highly with protein synthesis (building muscle), not the non-essential, those basically get wasted and not really contributors to muscle growth.

Purple Wraath is a great product and so is the other EAA product from Prima Force. The other good one is EAA Stack by Universal Nutrition. Milos gets his Amino Acids from Ajinomoto at  www.ajiaminoscience.com/

I talked to Kim Chevlin there and she says he's ordered from them for his products. They also put the amino acids in Amino Vital.

So anyways, I mix it all together and suck it down when I train. Pre-training, I drink N.O. Xplode. Post training, I simply have fast carbs (Waxy Maize Starch) and protein powder, whey isolate.   

anyways, i started doing all this during my prep for my last show, it was AMAZING and it worked awesome. this is how i showed up looking and i won the overall........

i get my muscles to enjoy all the EAA's right after my workout

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »
good vascularity, lot of guys have a problem dialing in the upper half same time as the lower.  Looks like your conditioning is dead on.

thanks man. i was in pretty good shape. its crazy, but having the "milos drink" i actually gained muscle training for the show, that was my 6th contest, since 1999, and for every show i've ever done, i lost a little muscle, but drinking this crazy drink, i came in 6 pounds heavier than expected, i was suppose to be a middeweight and come in at 176lb, i came in at 182lb and i was ripped to pieces and couldn't lose anymore weight!! you be the judge.

Ricky

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »
thanks man. i was in pretty good shape. its crazy, but having the "milos drink" i actually gained muscle training for the show, that was my 6th contest, since 1999, and for every show i've ever done, i lost a little muscle, but drinking this crazy drink, i came in 6 pounds heavier than expected, i was suppose to be a middeweight and come in at 176lb, i came in at 182lb and i was ripped to pieces and couldn't lose anymore weight!! you be the judge.

Ricky

Looking Crazy ricky.  Do you mix your waxy maize with your protein powder or do you have them separate?  How does the maxy waize mix.  I've had vitargo from nutrex and from art atwood's company and they both mix like shit.

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »
Looking Crazy ricky.  Do you mix your waxy maize with your protein powder or do you have them separate?  How does the maxy waize mix.  I've had vitargo from nutrex and from art atwood's company and they both mix like shit.
thanks for the props on my conditioning

yes, i mix it with my protein, but i also add dextrose and some maltodextrin and it comes out smooth and with a good taste, mixes very clean that way. when i finish, i mix a little water in it and drink it down, you can't even tell i mixed a protein shake in it.

Ricky

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »
what show did u do?? And u look like u were in amazing shape in ur pic

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 01:26:15 PM »
I have been using my own "milos" drink during my workouts and I like it alot. 

According to Garraeth, if it's not genuine Snake OilTM, it's just a bunch of snake oil!
Ron: "I am lazy."

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »
what show did u do?? And u look like u were in amazing shape in ur pic

hey man, thank you so much. I competed in 2 shows actually, the NPC Gateway Classic, and the Florida vs Bahamas Invitaional (held in conjuction with the NPC Superior Championships) they were 2 weeks apart. I won the lightheavies and overall in both shows and it was the first time i competed in 5 years, basically since 2002. i've never, never ever, been in condition like that before. i did some crazy shit, lol, but it worked. here's another pic, getting my trophy at the gateway classic...and the video of my posing routine.

thanks again man,

Ricky

tab1

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 07:00:09 PM »
I prefer capsules from Pro Source but I have tried Max Muscle XTR, flavor is good but a hassle drinking another drink when I drink 3 prot. shakes a day and drink Gasp. superpump 250 before workout, plus drinking alot of water all day.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »
Hey Ricky, so what actually do you use in your "Milos" drink, do you do Gatoraide, EAAs, Glutamine, & Creatine??

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 08:16:07 PM »
Hey Ricky, so what actually do you use in your "Milos" drink, do you do Gatoraide, EAAs, Glutamine, & Creatine??

Waxy Maize Starch, Dextrose and Maltodextrin are the carbs i use. i order from trueprotein.com They are the best! I do a custom mix, 45% Waxy Maize Starch, 30% Dextrose and 25% Maltodextrin

amino acids in the drink are basically one serving of Purple Wraath from Controlled Labs, 5 - 10gm of Glutamine,  5 - 10gm of Creatine, and 5 - 10gm of BCAA's depening on how crazy the training session is that day.

Ricky

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 08:20:37 PM »
Waxy Maize Starch, Dextrose and Maltodextrin are the carbs i use. i order from trueprotein.com They are the best! I do a custom mix, 45% Waxy Maize Starch, 30% Dextrose and 25% Maltodextrin

amino acids in the drink are basically one serving of Purple Wraath from Controlled Labs, 5 - 10gm of Glutamine,  5 - 10gm of Creatine, and 5 - 10gm of BCAA's depening on how crazy the training session is that day.

Ricky

I might give this a shot ... are the Percentages dependent upon your Bodyweight at all ?

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »

Don't take creatine before and during workout will cause cramping.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »
Don't take creatine before and during workout will cause cramping.

I think his Physique speaks for itself ... he needs to keep doing whatever it is that he's doing !

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »
BCAA's are a waste of money. You can get more pure amino acids from just a 3 oz steak than a full bottle of aminos and save your money. ;)
h

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »
yeah because i can eat steak wherever i am. they are meant for during workout mostly so that they quickly absorb.

Absorb to do what?
h