Author Topic: HARVARD Black scholar agrees to beer with OBAMA and POLICEMAN  (Read 11586 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: HARVARD Black scholar agrees to beer with OBAMA and POLICEMAN
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
Thats great I'm glad the President has time to fuck around with a non issue, when the country is falling apart. Way to go Obama  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »
I wonder whether they drink Miller, Bud, or Heinekn.

I was thinking the same thing... If he goes for a Budweiser, he enriches the McCain family.
If he chooses Molson's Canadian or a Corona... look out, ...he's not buying American.

l can't wait to see the Obama bashers get their panties in a wad over what beer the President chooses,
...or whether he drinks it out of a glass or straight from the bottle.
w

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »
I thing this is a good way to halt the escalation of this whole event.  The president never should have gave his uninformed opinion on the matter but this is a good way to close it.

Hopefully this teaches people to comply with reasonable police requests and stop yelling racism all the time, just as much as it makes us aware of the need not to racial profile.

No this isn't a good thing, a good thing will be a the cop suing Obama and making hims STFU and think about what he says and not use his skin shield to bow down to every Arab king he sees and not to act like a black version of the KKK.

It's a disgrace! The Rev.Wright fiasco was the first sign to this....it was only a matter of time before Obama's real views of the White man will come out.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
I was thinking the same thing... If he goes for a Budweiser, he enriches the McCain family.
If he chooses Molson's Canadian or a Corona... look out, ...he's not buying American.

l can't wait to see the Obama bashers get their panties in a wad over what beer the President chooses,
...or whether he drinks it out of a glass or straight from the bottle.

Nothing personal, but who in the hell would drink "Molson"?  :)
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 12:30:13 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE56O1O420090725
Black scholar agrees to beer with Obama, policeman
Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:24pm EDT

As an aside, I just love the title the authors choose to give to the article:

"Black scholar agrees to beer with Obama, policeman."  ::)  Sheesh.

I think this is part of the problem in America. Why can't Gate's simply be a scholar, why does he have to be a Black scholar? Is there a difference between both types of scholars? If Gates is a Black scholar, why isn't Crowley a White policeman, rather than just a policeman? C'mon, is that the way people think?, ...or should think? Do we really go around describing people, occupations, and professions in terms of ethnicity? Is it even relevant? If so, ...how? I think it is these types of ubiquitous & unecessary distinctions that re-inforce the artificial barriers that do such a disservice to your society.

Am I the only one who thinks perhaps the article would have been more appropriately entitled: "Scholar agrees to beer with Obama and policeman"

When the story was first broadcast on my local news, he was decribed as a Harvard scholar arrested for breaking into his own home. it was only after they flashed a picture of his mug shot that it his ethnicity was revealed.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 12:42:25 AM »
Nothing personal, but who in the hell would drink "Molson"?  :)

Straight men who have a taste for beer, ...good beer, ...real beer, ...Canadian beer that's not watered down.

w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 06:37:28 AM »

I think this is part of the problem in America. Why can't Gate's simply be a scholar, why does he have to be a Black scholar? Is there a difference between both types of scholars? If Gates is a Black scholar, why isn't Crowley a White policeman, rather than just a policeman? C'mon, is that the way people think?, ...or should think? Do we really go around describing people, occupations, and professions in terms of ethnicity? Is it even relevant? If so, ...how? I think it is these types of ubiquitous & unecessary distinctions that re-inforce the artificial barriers that do such a disservice to your society.

Am I the only one who thinks perhaps the article would have been more appropriately entitled: "Scholar agrees to beer with Obama and policeman"

When the story was first broadcast on my local news, he was decribed as a Harvard scholar arrested for breaking into his own home. it was only after they flashed a picture of his mug shot that it his ethnicity was revealed.

The only reason this is getting ANY attention at all is because he happens to be a black professor at Harvard so of course they're going to mention that he's black. If this was your run of the mill white professor from some random community college then no one would have heard a thing about it.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 07:32:44 AM »
It STILL does not make any sense to me. Articles are written about Harvard scholars everyday.
Rarely, if ever, are their ethnicities trumpeted, ...except if they are Black, ...as if that somehow differentiates them from their peers, ...or by such a designation, reveals them to be atypical of their peers.
w

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 07:47:35 AM »
OBAMA IS SMART MAN,,,THIS IS A DISTRACTION IF YOU GUYS HAVE NOT NOTICED,,,,,good doing it has worked

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »
OBAMA IS SMART MAN,,,THIS IS A DISTRACTION IF YOU GUYS HAVE NOT NOTICED,,,,,good doing it has worked

$20 on a round of beers is better than billions on a war, as far as distractions go. :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »
The only reason this is getting ANY attention at all is because he happens to be a black professor at Harvard so of course they're going to mention that he's black. If this was your run of the mill white professor from some random community college then no one would have heard a thing about it.
what's up with the gay avatar BF?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 11:00:25 AM »

Do you believe a non-minority guy would have been arrested?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
you,,,= smart man if it was a asian dude,,,mexican whateva  this would have made media attention now since we got black president everything we say is more cautious now,,peole think since we got black president life is good actually it gets worse when it comes to sensitivity of blacks,,,

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »
what's up with the gay avatar BF?

You've never seen American Psycho?

I got tired of Shay because it used up all my photobucket bandwidth within the first three days of the month. We'd get to see her in her glory for a couple days and then have to go 27 with nothing.  :'(

Do you believe a non-minority guy would have been arrested?

Here comes the race card bullshit. The guy showed his Harvard ID. He lived in Cambridge, where Harvard is. I'm sure this cop had the intellectual capacity to put 2+2 together.  To be honest, I don't really care. Not interested in some black professor who just happens to teach at a good university getting arrested.

My point still stands. Reverse this situation and put a white guy in the professor's place and I guarantee this doesn't make CNN. More of the same old stuff.

I guess even the smartest of blacks like to pull the race card any chance they get.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »
You've never seen American Psycho?

I got tired of Shay because it used up all my photobucket bandwidth within the first three days of the month. We'd get to see her in her glory for a couple days and then have to go 27 with nothing.  :'(

Here comes the race card bullshit. The guy showed his Harvard ID. He lived in Cambridge, where Harvard is. I'm sure this cop had the intellectual capacity to put 2+2 together.  To be honest, I don't really care. Not interested in some black professor who just happens to teach at a good university getting arrested.

My point still stands. Reverse this situation and put a white guy in the professor's place and I guarantee this doesn't make CNN. More of the same old stuff.

I guess even the smartest of blacks like to pull the race card any chance they get.

I didn't pull "the race card". It was a fairly simple question which you chose not to answer.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2009, 09:21:52 PM »
I didn't pull "the race card". It was a fairly simple question which you chose not to answer.

I'm not into hypotheticals. Reverse the situation EXACTLY and this doesn't make front page news. That's a fucking fact. The only reason this is a big deal is because it happened to some distinguished BLACK professor.

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2009, 10:45:07 PM »

I don't know...could it be that black america loves bringing up race whenever possible and now it has rubbed onto the journalist?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 12:07:46 AM »
I don't know...could it be that black america loves bringing up race whenever possible and now it has rubbed onto the journalist?

Nah, I doubt it's that. I think it is part of the systemic racism (over emphatic awareness of race) so very pervasive in American society. I even noticed it in the police Reports filed by Crowley & Figueroa.. They both seemed to be very aware of Gates' race, ...however, the race of the caller is glossed over. This is markedly present in Figueroa's report.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 04:24:37 AM »
Nah, I doubt it's that. I think it is part of the systemic racism (over emphatic awareness of race) so very pervasive in American society. I even noticed it in the police Reports filed by Crowley & Figueroa.. They both seemed to be very aware of Gates' race, ...however, the race of the caller is glossed over. This is markedly present in Figueroa's report.

Give me a freaking break you fool.  Are you serious? 

The cops are called to respond to a burglarly in process.  Of course the caller has to mention the race of the potential perp.  Does the race of the caller matter who is calling in the crime in progress?

Part of "systematic racism" we have is because of people like yourself who see everything through racial glasses.  This whole incident had nothing to do with race until Gates started accusing the cops of being racist.       

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 04:59:55 AM »
Give me a freaking break you fool.  Are you serious? 

I'm not a fool, ...but you appear to be acting like one..

The cops are called to respond to a burglarly in process.  Of course the caller has to mention the race of the potential perp.  Does the race of the caller matter who is calling in the crime in progress?

It clearly matters to someone, otherwise there wouldn't be a spot for it on the police report. Both Crowley & Figueroa left it blank for the witness, but filled it in for Gates. Also too, read Officer Figueroa's accounting of his observations at the scene.

Part of "systematic racism" we have is because of people like yourself who see everything through racial glasses.  This whole incident had nothing to do with race until Gates started accusing the cops of being racist.       

That's actually quite funny considering your choice of title for the secret service agent thread.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=291027.0

pssssst: I gotta question for ya 333386.... Where was Obama's racism?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 05:05:25 AM »
Jag:  This whole mess became about race due solely to Gates and you know it.  He is the punk and Obama showed AGAIN teh dumb-ass that he is.

Arguing with you over this is pointless because you refuse to even look at the basic facts as to why the cop was there in the first place. 

Gates should be happy that the cops came there in the first place looking out for his own property on what was thought of to be a burglary in process.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 05:19:39 AM »
Jag:  This whole mess became about race due solely to Gates and you know it.  He is the punk and Obama showed AGAIN teh dumb-ass that he is.

Arguing with you over this is pointless because you refuse to even look at the basic facts as to why the cop was there in the first place. 

Gates should be happy that the cops came there in the first place looking out for his own property on what was thought of to be a burglary in process.

You're soooo cracking me up right now. you're trying desperately to convince me this incident is about race...
essentially arguing the same position as Gates btw, ...while I contend this is about stupidity on Crowley's part.

I have looked at the basic facts in the case. I understand Crowley was there because of a burglary report called in
I get it! What you don't get is Gates was the victim. An innocent man minding his own business, in his own home, who was inconvenienced by the police. Whether he was appreciative of an officer attending the call is irrelevant, Crowley should have left him alone after establishing him as the lawful occupant. Gates could be screaming up and down and doing the talk show circuit claiming Crowley tried to bugger him. It doesn't matter. Crowley made a stupid arrest and now it's a big deal.

Had Crowley not arrested him, no one would be talking about this at all!

That's the part you don't get. That's why it was so stupid.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 05:34:31 AM »
Forget it.  You are hopeless.   Blacks cant be racist in your mind so its useless to even discuss this with you.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »
Forget it.  You are hopeless.   Blacks cant be racist in your mind so its useless to even discuss this with you.   

Did I say Blacks can't be racist? I never said that. I know Blacks are just as capable of racism as anyone else.

What I said, is that Crowley's handling of the situatiion was stupid, ...as is your blinding bias.

When's your birthday? I'm gonna send you an Obama punching bag for your workouts?  ;D
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »
Crowley should have left him alone after establishing him as the lawful occupant.

Agitating a police officer for any reason is not lawful.

For whatever reason - noncompliance towards law enforcement will cause things to end badly for you.