Author Topic: HARVARD Black scholar agrees to beer with OBAMA and POLICEMAN  (Read 11588 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: HARVARD Black scholar agrees to beer with OBAMA and POLICEMAN
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »
Yes, a non-minority guy would have been arrested for causing disorderly conduct as well. Hope that helps.

Anyone who watches COPS knows this to be the truth.  A white guy would get pounded no different than a black guy in this same situation.   

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »
Nah, I doubt it's that. I think it is part of the systemic racism (over emphatic awareness of race) so very pervasive in American society. I even noticed it in the police Reports filed by Crowley & Figueroa.. They both seemed to be very aware of Gates' race, ...however, the race of the caller is glossed over. This is markedly present in Figueroa's report.
In police reports, you have to be as specific as possible with the antagonist. The race of the caller was not noted because it wasn't necessary to do so. What would noting the race of the caller accomplish?

It sounds like you would have preferred for the caller's race to be noted so it can be additional ammo to justify the pulling of the race card.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
I like what Juan Williams said the other day.  (To paraphrase) "Yeah, young blacks do get profiled more often than others...so I tell my kids you have to be extra respectful to the officer because that first impression matters.  He told his kids to button up when the officer is questioning them and don't argue".

Its not right that more blacks are pulled over or questioned but cops do this because in certain neighborhoods, they see a disproportionate # of young blacks committing crimes.  The way to change this is for the police to undergo training, to decrease crime rates of young blacks, and to teach them to treat the police with better respect.  If the cops stop to question a suspicious looking person and that person treats the officers with respect and answers their questions appropriately without attitude, the cops typically have a good responce to this.  Right now, many poor kids (and many minorities) are taught "f-ck the police" and they lash out with attitude...its totally backwards and makes the situation much worse for them.  Gates' responce to his situation is definitely a bad example of what to do.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:16 PM »
Perfectly put.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
I like what Juan Williams said the other day.  (To paraphrase) "Yeah, young blacks do get profiled more often than others...so I tell my kids you have to be extra respectful to the officer because that first impression matters.  He told his kids to button up when the officer is questioning them and don't argue".

Its not right that more blacks are pulled over or questioned but cops do this because in certain neighborhoods, they see a disproportionate # of young blacks committing crimes.  The way to change this is for the police to undergo training, to decrease crime rates of young blacks, and to teach them to treat the police with better respect.  If the cops stop to question a suspicious looking person and that person treats the officers with respect and answers their questions appropriately without attitude, the cops typically have a good responce to this.  Right now, many poor kids (and many minorities) are taught "f-ck the police" and they lash out with attitude...its totally backwards and makes the situation much worse for them.  Gates' responce to his situation is definitely a bad example of what to do.

True. 

Let's put a different face on this "profiling" thing.......more than 90% of terrorist-related acts are carried out by middle-eastern Muslim men in the 17-42 age range.  So, are we wrong to use that data?  Were we, as Americans, practicing racial profiling on SEPTEMBER 12, 2001??? Yes!!!!  Do you still get nervous when you board a plane and see a middle-eastern male around 17-42 walk past your seat?  Yes!!!

Even if we take the color out of this situation, let's just look at the fact that there is a man breaking the glass of a home, and that person has no identification to prove that he is the homeowner, is it not a police offier's job to investigate the situation? 

Pure and simple, Gates was wrong, and he was arrogant.   

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »
True. 

Let's put a different face on this "profiling" thing.......more than 90% of terrorist-related acts are carried out by middle-eastern Muslim men in the 17-42 age range.  So, are we wrong to use that data?  Were we, as Americans, practicing racial profiling on SEPTEMBER 12, 2001??? Yes!!!!  Do you still get nervous when you board a plane and see a middle-eastern male around 17-42 walk past your seat?  Yes!!!

Even if we take the color out of this situation, let's just look at the fact that there is a man breaking the glass of a home, and that person has no identification to prove that he is the homeowner, is it not a police offier's job to investigate the situation? 

They both acted stupidly.  It was being blown out of proportion even before Obama made his comments.

Sandra

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »
True. 

Basically.

Gates was a well connected professor who thought he was above the law.

I'm glad the cop checked him.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:19 PM »
"If Gates is the race-baiting ranting dramaqueen some here have alleged him to be,
...it stands to reason he picked his battle very well wouldn't ya say? Look at the shitstorm
!"

I don't know Jag, I think there is a lot of backlash to Gates on this one because of how he handled himself.  What most people are debating is should he have been arrested, having gotten multiple warnings but being on his own property.  Few are debating Gate's behavior...that has been perceived as overwhelmingly unacceptible.

It's overwhelmingly socially unacceptible to pick your nose and eat it too,
...but we aren't marching Miss Smith's kindergarten class off to jail either are we?   :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »
I heard today that the caller did not mention the suspected burgler's race in the initial 911 call.

They should release the 911 tape to shed further light on the information available at the time.

jag, I agree about the title of the article, the media continues to push race stories as they get a lot of attention.  I think the media is much to blame for escalating this incident.  They keep saying we need to talk more on race but they are polarizing the situation IMO.  The best way to deal with race is to let people blend naturally and stop putting people in categories against each other. 

I'm 1,000,000% in agreement with you there, ...but then again, ...I'm Canadian.  :)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »
ha ha ha,,,,this is working out perfectly as planned straight from obama himself "this is an distraction for what is gonna happen soon",,,,,bookmark this thread you will soon seen

{LOL} This wouldn't surprise me one bit. The whole nation is distracted, ...talking about it.
Whenever you see a stupid story like this blown way out of proportion, ...you know some serious stuff is taking place behind the scenes. the nation is talking about Gates & Crowley, ...while Obama is getting his healthcare reform passed. Then Obama sits down, has a beer with Gates & Crowley, ...he's the hero that got both sides together. People might actually start to take a real look at the reality of life for many people, both officers on patrol, and people in the community, ...and may perhaps endeavor to walk a mile in another's shoes. Fast forward a bit... Police officers across the nations will politely refer to black men as "Sir" when they speak to them, ...Black youth across the country will start wearing T-shirts that say "Have you kissed your local cop today", ...everyone will join hands, sing kuumbayah, ...Obama comes out smelling like a rose, ...and healthcare reform is a fait accomplis. The man will have fed 2 birds with one worm. Damn, ...that Obama is one politically saavy operator.

ps: I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not.  :D 
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
True. 

I'm sorry Colossus, ...but that just does not seem at all true to me.

There is a perception of Muslims & terrorists. I'm not saying that no muslims have ever committed terrorist acts,
...but terrorism, has existed in the USA since the USA has even begun. I'm not sure where you get your numbers from, but it is my impression that the vast majority of KKK members are not muslims, ...infact, I don't think they'll accept a Muslim on the application form. Or do you not consider the Klan to be a terrorist organization. Then, there was the Manson family, another domestic terrorist organization. There was the group of which Ayres was a member, ...and the Simbionese Liberation Army which had as it's posterchild a White Anglo Saxon Princess, ...heiress to an American publishing empire. If I had to hazard a guess, I would conclude the vast majority of terrorists in America, are not muslims, ...however, due to media manipulation, and a mass mentality reminiscent of Nazi Germany, the perception is there.

But Colossus, those are NOT the facts. Gates was not breaking the glass of a home. He was already inside the home when the police arrived. He also did provide his identification to prove he was the lawful occupant of the residence.

Gates may have been arrogant, ...but Crowley made a stupid unecessary mistake and could certainly have handled the situation better.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »

There is a perception of Muslims & terrorists. I'm not saying that no muslims have ever committed terrorist acts,
...but terrorism, has existed in the USA since the USA has even begun. I'm not sure where you get your numbers from, but it is my impression that the vast majority of KKK members are not muslims, ...infact, I don't think they'll accept a Muslim on the application form. Or do you not consider the Klan to be a terrorist organization. Then, there was the Manson family, another domestic terrorist organization. There was the group of which Ayres was a member, ...and the Simbionese Liberation Army which had as it's posterchild a White Anglo Saxon Princess, ...heiress to an American publishing empire. If I had to hazard a guess, I would conclude the vast majority of terrorists in America, are not muslims, ...however, due to media manipulation, and a mass mentality reminiscent of Nazi Germany, the perception is there.

But Colossus, those are NOT the facts. Gates was not breaking the glass of a home. He was already inside the home when the police arrived. He also did provide his identification to prove he was the lawful occupant of the residence.

Gates may have been arrogant, ...but Crowley made a stupid unecessary mistake and could certainly have handled the situation better.

Hate to break it to you because I know it will deflate your racist little white-hating ego a bit, but Muslims killed more people on 9/11 than the KKK has in its entire existence.

And your Simbionese Liberation Army was nothing more than a bunch of criminals masquerading behind a "revolutionary" guise while committing bank robberies and two murders.  ::)

In-fact, I reckon Muslims killed more people on 9/11 than every group you just listed COMBINED.

So no, your little assumption about who and what are terrorists in this country doesn't mean jack shit, lazy eye. Race-baiting c*nt.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
 I have no doubt alot of people died on 911. I have a few cousins who narrowly avoided the fiasco,
a few friends who lost relatives, a few others whose relative barely managed to escape etc., It was a horrible crime committed against humanity.

I'm not so sure 19 men with boxcutters were capable of pulling it off without significant assistance from those with the authority to instruct NORAD and or co-ordinate all the things that needed to get done in order to pull it off.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
I have no doubt alot of people died on 911. I have a few cousins who narrowly avoided the fiasco,
a few friends who lost relatives, a few others whose relative barely managed to escape etc., It was a horrible crime committed against humanity.

I'm not so sure 19 men with boxcutters were capable of pulling it off without significant assistance from those with the authority to instruct NORAD and or co-ordinate all the things that needed to get done in order to pull it off.

I'm not sure what your unproven conspiracy theory has to do with anything. Won't change the fact that 19 Muslim men killed more people in 5 minutes than every other person on that list of yours combined.  ;)

But hey, you keep harping away on a group of criminals that murdered two people and robbed a few banks while proclaiming themselves as "revolutionaries" if it makes you happy, Miss lazy eyed racist.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
I'm not sure what your unproven conspiracy theory has to do with anything. Won't change the fact that 19 Muslim men killed more people in 5 minutes than every other person on that list of yours combined.  ;)

But hey, you keep harping away on a group of criminals that murdered two people and robbed a few banks while proclaiming themselves as "revolutionaries" if it makes you happy, Miss lazy eyed racist.

:o  Lazy eyed? For someone with a lazy eye, ...I''m sure able to spot the holes in your ridiculous theories.
Are you capable of even discussing something without getting all ad hominem on someone?
it's usually a pretty good tell that either you or your theories are in need of a good enema.  :-*
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »
:o  Lazy eyed? For someone with a lazy eye, ...I''m sure able to spot the holes in your ridiculous theories.
Are you capable of even discussing something without getting all ad hominem on someone?
it's usually a pretty good tell that either you or your theories are in need of a good enema.  :-*

Holes in my theories? You're trying to spin this off of Muslims and onto a fucking conspiracy theory about NORAD and whites because you can't refute the fact that the amount of people killed over the years by every group you listed pales in comparison to the acts of 19 Muslim men. is Do you not see how ridiculous that is? Look at the monitor, not at the corner over there and try thinking it through. Focus with both eyes, Miss 170+ IQ. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »
Holes in my theories? You're trying to spin this off of Muslims and onto a fucking conspiracy theory about NORAD and whites because you can't refute the fact that the amount of people killed over the years by every group you listed pales in comparison to the acts of 19 Muslim men. is Do you not see how ridiculous that is? Look at the monitor, not at the corner over there and try thinking it through. Focus with both eyes, Miss 170+ IQ. 

I know I shouldn't encourage you, ...but that comment actually made me laugh.  ;D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2009, 04:25:14 AM »

Jag:  how would you feel if you were spending 50k a year for your kid at Harvard and saw the actions and nonsense of this "esteemed scholar".

"Ill see yo mamma on the porch" 

Now, is Gate so ignorant to not realize why the cop was there in the first place?   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2009, 04:53:56 AM »
Jag:  how would you feel if you were spending 50k a year for your kid at Harvard and saw the actions and nonsense of this "esteemed scholar".

"Ill see yo mamma on the porch" 

Now, is Gate so ignorant to not realize why the cop was there in the first place?   

You're completely missing the point, ...on purpose as usual. Nobody can be that dense.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2009, 04:56:47 AM »
You're completely missing the point, ...on purpose as usual. Nobody can be that dense.

Oh I get the point you were making.  It seems to me that the situation escalated due to Gates, not the cops.

BTW - The hispanic and black cops on the scene backed up crowley in this.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2009, 05:01:36 AM »

This female cop can lock me up whenver she wants. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »
What the fuck is a "black scholar"?How come we don't refer to white professors as "white scholars"?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2009, 07:49:23 AM »
It'll be 40Oz of Olde English, 333386!! :)

And before you ask..... Yes, they're gonna pour out a little for the ni&&as who didn't make it. :P

DAMN ....i still do that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2009, 07:51:04 AM »
DAMN ....i still do that

Hey Mal - the congress wants to tax boob jobs and botox.  You may have to seek another field. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »
Yeah,Im the one who needs a mental evaluation,you defend the minority no matter what the circumstances.Its a joke.Like I said,the tapes will be released soon,then we will see fools like you and Obama/wright EXPOSED AS THE SILLY RABBLE ROUSERS YOU ARE.

Amazing  ::)