Author Topic: HARVARD Black scholar agrees to beer with OBAMA and POLICEMAN  (Read 11526 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: HARVARD Black scholar agrees to beer with OBAMA and POLICEMAN
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »
Amazing  ::)

The tapes were released and ,what do you know,NO RACIAL PROFILING AT ALL!!!!Barack Nifong proven to be an idiot community organiser and nothing more.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
race has nothing to do with this case.

Police got burgulary call.  They showed up, asked guy to step outside with ID, and he starts drama with their mothers.  He TRIED like crazy to instigate the situation, and it worked.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2009, 08:45:52 AM »

Police got burgulary call.  They showed up, asked guy to step outside with ID, and he starts drama with their mothers.  He TRIED like crazy to instigate the situation, and it worked.

This whole thing may be a distraction on the health care fiasco going on. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »

yeah - that's what it seemed like from the beginning.   If a cop comes to your house you cooperate and don't act beligerant.   At the same time it seems like unnecessary to arrest the guy once they've identified that he lived there and that there was nothing going on in the house. 

the whole thing isn't even worthy of  the local news and Obama never should have commented on it (IMO)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2009, 09:07:18 AM »
yeah - that's what it seemed like from the beginning.   If a cop comes to your house you cooperate and don't act beligerant.   At the same time it seems like unnecessary to arrest the guy once they've identified that he lived there and that there was nothing going on in the house. 

the whole thing isn't even worthy of  the local news and Obama never should have commented on it (IMO)

ding ding ding we have a winner

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »

Exactly!

Obama showed that he abuse his power and interfere in Police matters for his friends & to make matters worse he offend all the Police officers that serve under him!

The real shit head in this story isn't Gates or the cop,( although I'm sure Gates went to cry to Obama) it's Obama for lack of professional manner and abuse of power! He should have told him to deal with it alone or at least help him quietly!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2009, 01:51:45 PM »
Oh I get the point you were making.  It seems to me that the situation escalated due to Gates, not the cops.

At which point it was up to Crowley to bring it down again. Hechose to bring it down by making an arrest,
which culminated in this huge controversy. Are you saying there was no possible other way to handle it?

he could have shot him as well in order to shut him up... that would have quieted the incident down, ...but it would also bring great controversy just as this did. Do you think he deserved to be shot? I'm simply saying that hindsight is 20/20, ...and I support the president's remarks when he said it was handled stupidly, and could have been handled better.

BTW - The hispanic and black cops on the scene backed up crowley in this.   

Of course they would. If you are given authority, who likes to be questioned about how that authority is exercised?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »
What the fuck is a "black scholar"?How come we don't refer to white professors as "white scholars"?

Thank you for noting that. I've always had a problem with these types of designations.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2009, 01:54:30 PM »
Hey Mal - the congress wants to tax boob jobs and botox.  You may have to seek another field. 

Never happen! Too many Liberal Democrats in Hollywood for that measure to pass.  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2009, 01:57:04 PM »
The tapes were released

Ooooh... link please. I wanna hear what really went down.  :D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »
Thank you for noting that. I've always had a problem with these types of designations.

Maybe because this professor teaches "African American Studies" as his discipline????

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »
Maybe because this professor teaches "African American Studies" as his discipline????

I had considered that, ...but it doesn't account for the consistency we find when it's used to describe other professionals who share the same ethnicity.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »
Never happen! Too many Liberal Democrats in Hollywood for that measure to pass.  :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2009, 02:55:21 AM »
You've never seen American Psycho?

I got tired of Shay because it used up all my photobucket bandwidth within the first three days of the month. We'd get to see her in her glory for a couple days and then have to go 27 with nothing.  :'(

That's because you don't know how to resize a photo.  You left a lengthy animated gif full size for a 65 pixel width avatar on a busy forum... Absolutely brilliant...  Then you run around the forum calling everyone else stupid,... lol..

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2009, 02:59:52 AM »

Because apparently, being a "black scholar" is a misnomer, a paradox, like being "intelliently stupid"

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2009, 06:37:05 AM »
That's because you don't know how to resize a photo.  You left a lengthy animated gif full size for a 65 pixel width avatar on a busy forum... Absolutely brilliant...  Then you run around the forum calling everyone else stupid,... lol..

I haven't looked at that avatar since the day I put it up. Why would I resize it when I couldn't care less about it? I was fine with it using up my photobucket bandwidth as that's my Getbig photobucket account. The only reason I left it up as long as I did was because Deicide liked it.

But hey, you got me!!!!!!  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2009, 06:57:17 AM »
I haven't looked at that avatar since the day I put it up. Why would I resize it when I couldn't care less about it? I was fine with it using up my photobucket bandwidth as that's my Getbig photobucket account. The only reason I left it up as long as I did was because Deicide liked it.

But hey, you got me!!!!!!  ::)

nice attempt to save face meltdown. 

"The only reason I left it up as long as I did was because Deicide liked it."

left it up for him to enjoy for 3 days out of the month?....  You seek to please Deicide?  hahaha yea, that's priceless lololol...  go get your coffee for the morning and maybe you can think of some better bullshit, not that I give a rat's ass about this.  Just funny as hell you made such a special ordeal about your avatar when you first used it, now claim you didn't care. AND didn't understand why it used up the bandwidth lol...  Gee, will this movie use up my photobucked bandwidth?  haha....

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2009, 06:57:50 AM »
Anyone know the transportation arrangements to the "beer summitt?"
R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2009, 06:58:49 AM »
oh yea BF, your avatar looks gay.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »
nice attempt to save face meltdown. 

"The only reason I left it up as long as I did was because Deicide liked it."

left it up for him to enjoy for 3 days out of the month?....  You seek to please Deicide?  hahaha yea, that's priceless lololol...  go get your coffee for the morning and maybe you can think of some better bullshit, not that I give a rat's ass about this.  Just funny as hell you made such a special ordeal about your avatar when you first used it, now claim you didn't care. AND didn't understand why it used up the bandwidth lol...  Gee, will this movie use up my photobucked bandwidth?  haha....

Save face? You take this place way too seriously. I don't look at my avatar nor do I care about it beyond the five seconds of when I put a new one up every six months. Are you really this desperate to own me? Give it up and try again.

Special ordeal about putting an avatar up? Seriously? That's what you're coming with? It's not even worth arguing with a retard.

Nice meltdown by the way. Look at all the resentment you hold towards me. I love it.

How's unemployment treating you, by the way?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »
Save face? You take this place way too seriously. I don't look at my avatar nor do I care about it beyond the five seconds of when I put a new one up every six months. Are you really this desperate to own me? Give it up and try again.

Special ordeal about putting an avatar up? Seriously? That's what you got? You need to stop lying.

Nice meltdown by the way. Look at all the resentment you hold towards me. I love it.
go get some coffee, you're still sounding like you fell out of bed.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
go get some coffee, you're still sounding like you fell out of bed.

I've already hit the gym today. You've been posting since 2:00 AM PST. Give it a rest clown. Sitting here smashing f5 in your desperate attempt to own me.

I'm so far in your head that it's sad. I can't think of the last time I directly addressed you and you're still this pissed at me. I guess when you're unemployed and logging 10 hours a day on Getbig, something like this becomes worthy of devoting your time to.  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
I've already hit the gym today. You've been posting since 2:00 AM PST. Give it a rest clown. Sitting here smashing f5 in your desperate attempt to own me.

I'm so far in your head that it's sad. I can't think of the last time I directly addressed you and you're still this pissed at me. I guess when you're unemployed and logging 10 hours a day on Getbig, something like this becomes worthy of devoting your time to.  :-\

Ouch.  Some bad blood here no????

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
Anyone know the transportation arrangements to the "beer summitt?"

Yes.
It will cost you and me a lot of money.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
by JOHN SEXTON 1 hour ago 11 POST A COMMENT

In an April 3rd appearance on the left-wing Democracy Now TV show, Van Jones has offered his own behind-the-scenes take on an incident that made race a political issue three years before the Trayvon Martin case. As Jones describes it, the infamous "beer summit" on the White House lawn was a case where President Obama was "forced" into a meeting with a "racist" police officer.

In July 2009, while Jones was working at the White House, Sgt. James Crowley responded to a call of a possible break-in at a Cambridge, MA home. In reality, the person a neighbor thought might be a burglar was the homeowner, Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, with another man helping him enter the house.
When Sgt. Crowley arrived at the home he asked Professor Gates for ID. Gates reportedly responded "Why? Because I'm a black man in America." Gates initially refused to produced an ID. Once he did, the police report indicates Crowley left the home. However, Professor Gates followed him outside and continued to "yell" at Sgt. Crowley. Crowley claims to have warned Gates in front of several neighborhood witnesses before arresting Gates for disorderly conduct.
After word of the arrest broke, the President weighed in during a press conference saying that while he didn't have all the facts, "the Cambridge police acted stupidly." The White House quickly tried to walk back the remark and eventually proposed a meeting on the White House grounds which came to be known as the "beer summit." No reporters were present, but photos of the President, Vice President Biden, Prof. Gates, and Sgt. Crowley sharing a beer were widely circulated.
While neither side agreed to apologize to the other at the time of the beer summit, several months later Professor Gates appeared on the Oprah television show and told the host that he and Sgt. Crowley had developed a "really good relationship." Crowley gave Gates the handcuffs used in the arrest and Gates said he planned to donate them to the Smithsonian. A report issued one year after the arrest placed blame on both Gates and Crowley for failing to de-escalate the situation.
But according to Van Jones, the beer summit was not a chance for both sides of the disagreement to take stock but a media event forced the President to "sit humbly" across from a "racist" police officer:
Van Jones: The right wing and the law enforcement establishment brought the wrath of God down on the White House, I was there, and suddenly he's forced to do a beer summit to sit eye to eye with a racist police officer... as a black man, even the most powerful man in the world, can not speak about race and if he does he's then forced to sit humbly across the table from a racist police officer.

Jones goes on to describe the beer summit as a "terrifying, shocking" revelation about the state of race relations in America. At this point, the Democracy Now host attempts to draw Jones out further about what advice he gave the President. Jones declines, saying he doesn't want to talk "out of school."

This is quite a different perspective on the story than the one the White House presented to the media at the time. In 2009, the President called the beer summit a "teachable moment" and clearly wanted to be seen as someone who could bring the two sides together after the firestorm caused by his initial remarks. But apparently, that view was not shared by everyone in the White House.

Did the President himself agree with his employee Jones' private assessment of Sgt. Crowley? Was the beer summit something the President felt forced into by "the right wing and the law enforcement establishment"? These questions might be worth asking now that the White House is once again taking sides in a case with obvious racial overtones.