Author Topic: Earthquake 6.0 in Washington DC - I was just in an Earthquake.  (Read 20242 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: I was just in an Earthquake.
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
A friend who lives in VA emailed regarding the earthquake.

He is wondering if it had anything to do w/Elenin/Planet X. 

Any thoughts on a correlation, Falcon?
R

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »
I think you are more near Johnny Falcon.  As far as I know I am the only Getbigger in these parts.
people did notice it in chapel hill
A

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
Largest Colorado Quake Since 1967 Shakes Homes

By STEVEN K. PAULSON   08/23/11 12:15 PM ET

DENVER -- The strongest earthquake to strike Colorado in more than 40 years shook awake hundreds of people, toppled groceries off shelves and caused minor damage to homes in the southern part of the state and in northern New Mexico. No injuries were reported as aftershocks continued Tuesday.

"Here we go again, there's another one starting. We got to get out of here," said Garry Ringo, owner of Ringo's Super Trading Post in the small town of Segundo, Colo., as bottles on shelves rattled in the background during an interview with The Associated Press.

Ringo estimated he lost thousands of dollars' worth of liquor and soda.

The magnitude 5.3 quake hit at 11:46 p.m. MDT Monday about nine miles southwest of Trinidad, or 180 miles south of Denver, according to the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center in Golden. It had an estimated depth of 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) and was felt in a relatively large area of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.

Las Animas County Sheriff Jim Casias said Colorado authorities were assessing damage and so far had reported a porch collapse and a partially collapsed roof. No injuries had been reported, he said.

"As I had one lady tell me, `Sheriff, maybe the world's coming to an end.' All I mentioned to her is that someday it will," Casias said.

Dozens of residents in Trinidad, a town of 9,000 people, and in northern New Mexico called the USGS to report the shaking. Others called from Colorado Springs, Colo., about 130 miles north of the epicenter, said geophysicist Shengzao Chen.

Minor aftershocks continued Tuesday in the relatively sparsely populated area that the USGS says is not known for major quakes or active faults. Theresa James, manager of Ringo's Super Trading Post, said a small swarm lasting three days hit the area last summer. Segundo is a former coal mining town of about 100 people.

USGS geophysicist Jessica Sigala said Monday's earthquake damaged chimneys, cracked walls and knocked items off shelves.

Minor rockslides were reported on Colorado Highway 12 and Interstate 25, but both highways remained open, a Las Animas County Sheriff's Office dispatcher said Tuesday.

The dispatcher, who would only give her first name as Kristina, said she was working when the earthquake hit near midnight.

"Everything was shaking, but we had no power loss," she said.

"I thought maybe a car had hit my house," said 70-year-old Trinidad resident Nadine Baca. "Then I called my son and he said it was the third (quake) today."

Cathy Gutierrez of Raton, N.M., about 20 miles south of Trinidad, told The Associated Press Tuesday that she felt two earthquakes, one around 5:30 p.m. Monday and the big earthquake just before midnight.

"My bed shook with all my pictures. It just went back and forth. I thought someone hit my house. I ran outside. We've had some before (earthquakes), but never this strong," Gutierrez said. "It was a very scary feeling."

Ron Thompson, mine manager with New Elk Mine about 30 miles west of Trinidad, said coal miners 300 to 800 feet underground didn't feel anything but crews above ground and at the company office in Trinidad, where he was at the time, did.

"Not real exciting, but it got your attention," he said of the shallow quake.

The quake was the largest in Colorado since a magnitude-5.3 temblor was recorded in Denver's northern suburbs in 1967, said Paul Earle of the USGS.

Sigala said the area occasionally has swarms of earthquakes, some lasting days or weeks, but Monday's temblor was unusual.

"A 5.3 is big for Colorado," she said.

About a dozen smaller temblors were recorded in the area in August and September 2001, Sigala said.

She said some people blamed that swarm on oil drilling in the area but that later studies proved those fears unfounded.

Colorado is no stranger to earthquakes, but most are small and go unnoticed.

According to the USGS, an earthquake in 1882 was the first to cause damage in Denver and is believed to be the largest recorded in the state.

That quake was believed to be centered in the Front Range near what is now Rocky Mountain National Park. Its magnitude was estimated to be about 6.6 on the Richter scale. It was felt as far away as Salina, Kansas, and Salt Lake City.

___

Associated Press writer Mark Carlson contributed to this report from Phoenix.

R

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »
I bet it was a new US Government Super weapon gone wrong... just like the east coast blackout of  2003

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »
A friend who lives in VA emailed regarding the earthquake.

He is wondering if it had anything to do w/Elenin/Planet X. 

Any thoughts on a correlation, Falcon?

well theres a shitload of videos on how the earths magnetic feild is decreasing more rapidly than years past. they can tell this from geological samples deep into the earth studying the magnetic pullor magnetic signal on the rock. WHen a pole shift happens the magnetic pull on the new layer of rock is different from the old this is over many years. Search Nova and earth magnetic feild on youtube

why is this important well the earths magnetic feild acts like a forcefeild blocking harmful sunflairs and there radiation. however since it has weakend dramatically we are open to more strong solar flares wich can lead to earth quakes and polar shifts

i dont know much about elenin but we are approaching the OORT Cloud wich is millions trillions of meteorites. but we have been approaching this trillions of meteors for quite sometime

scientists are not sure why the earth is losing its magnetic feild but i have a theory, its OUR fault , we are not that bright we waste we kill, leave the killing to animals please. I feel things like this throw the harmonics out of wack losing the magnetic protection
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
Obama Golfing in Martha's Vineyard When Earthquake Hit
August 23, 2011 2:42 PM

ABC News' Stephanie Smith and David Kerley report:

Talk about early warning. The majority of he White House press corps, camped out at a hotel at Martha’s Vineyard, was keeping a close eye on our computers and emails. We started seeing emails from our colleagues in DC that they were feeling a quake.

Seconds…I mean seconds later….the meeting room we are in starts to roll and sway– comparable to being on a boat. No shaking. But it’s an earthquake. And it lasted for a good 15 seconds or more.

The President was playing golf at the time. Two reporters at the golf course felt the quake, another didn’t. A White House staffer who was there too, just told me he didn’t feel it either.

Immediate calls into the travel pool – reporters assigned to cover the president on a day-to-day basis – where Obama was playing golf, could not determine if the President was aware of the quake.

The president was seen taking a phone call, but it’s not clear if it was connected to the earthquake.

Waiting to hear what the President felt…and for the aftershocks.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/08/obama-golfing-in-marthas-vineyard-when-earthquake-hit.html

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
be careful adonis older houses are put together with nails rather than screws
I am OCD about that sort of thing and will probably spend days looking for the slightest bit of damage.  I`m sure that there isn`t any, but it does own my mind for sure.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »
CHAOS is apparently a rare and very brave individual or else he has never experienced a  good size quake.

As an aside, I have one very good friend who has NEVER experienced fear.... Never!

He's the type of guy who goes diving in Hawaii at 2 AM in the morning miles off-shore for turtles which I believe is illegal.

I think his lack of experiencing fear is due to pure stupidity as he is constantly doing stupid, life destructive things.

He was held up at gun-point in the L.A. area one night and laughed because he only had $10 in his wallet and told the guy that he should have robbed him last nite when his wallet was full. He did surrender the $10 but he told the guy that if he saw him ever again he better have an ambulance standing by.

But I never did see how he would react during a good size quake. Actually I think that even he would come close to shitting in his pants.

CHAOS is apparently a rare and very brave individual or else he has never experienced the ground shaking beneath his feet..

Last related comment:

I know people who were in their top floor apartment in Waikiki when a relatively small quake hit  and they described it like getting shot across the living room with a sling shot as the building slightly tilted in one direction and then shook back. They said it was hundreds of time worse than experiencing the earth shake while standing on the ground.

And those who were riding the elevator towards the top of that 27 story tower said it was even worst.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

well theres a shitload of videos on how the earths magnetic feild is decreasing more rapidly than years past. they can tell this from geological samples deep into the earth studying the magnetic pullor magnetic signal on the rock. WHen a pole shift happens the magnetic pull on the new layer of rock is different from the old this is over many years. Search Nova and earth magnetic feild on youtube

why is this important well the earths magnetic feild acts like a forcefeild blocking harmful sunflairs and there radiation. however since it has weakend dramatically we are open to more strong solar flares wich can lead to earth quakes and polar shifts

i dont know much about elenin but we are approaching the OORT Cloud wich is millions trillions of meteorites. but we have been approaching this trillions of meteors for quite sometime

scientists are not sure why the earth is losing its magnetic feild but i have a theory, its OUR fault , we are not that bright we waste we kill, leave the killing to animals please. I feel things like this throw the harmonics out of wack losing the magnetic protection

I think he has sent some vids but I haven't watched them.  I may try to search my old mail to see if I can find them thanks.
R

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
Damn that was weird.  ???

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2011, 12:34:49 PM »
It just was on the radio here in Holland too....

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
I am OCD about that sort of thing and will probably spend days looking for the slightest bit of damage.  I`m sure that there isn`t any, but it does own my mind for sure.

i wouldnt worry , is your house on a brick foundation? But i assume you are more worried for the cosmetic defect rather than saftey

as for safety dont worry much, drywall plaster falling down will just be a love tap but alot of dust and crap. the structure itself wont collapse from and earthquake especially if your house is mostly wood and not some block castle wich could crumble
A

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:03 PM »
My brother felt it in New haven CT...

I didnt feel anything in Stamford CT though

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
i wouldnt worry , is your house on a brick foundation? But i assume you are more worried for the cosmetic defect rather than saftey

as for safety dont worry much, drywall plaster falling down will just be a love tap but alot of dust and crap. the structure itself wont collapse from and earthquake especially if your house is mostly wood and not some block castle wich could crumble
Completely Wood, Brick Foundation and Concrete Reinforced.  Is there anything I should look for?  Plaster cracking around Fire Places would be my guess.  I haven`t checked any of them, but will later.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »
Stunt....born and raised in SoCal, been in an earthquake or two. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
The earth needs to shake the western population up. We're being douchebags. I hope everyone is doing alright though.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
Completely Wood, Brick Foundation and Concrete Reinforced.  Is there anything I should look for?  Plaster cracking around Fire Places would be my guess.  I haven`t checked any of them, but will later.

it would be cool if you posted a picture of your houses crawl space i wonder how it looks, ever been up under your house? you know could be some things to be discoverd
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »

it would be cool if you posted a picture of your houses crawl space i wonder how it looks, ever been up under your house? you know could be some things to be discoverd
I wonder how many minority houses were effected?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Earthquake 6.0 in Washington DC - I was just in an Earthquake.
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:12 PM »

Funny how some of you have never felt an earthquake before.  Here in Los Angeles, we have them every year or so.  And each time, you still wonder if it is going to be just a rumbler, or one of those huge ones.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

There are two Large Furnaces in the crawl space and you can stand up in the space so you don`t have to crawl. The other Furnace is on the Third Floor in the attic.  We have 3 Furnaces, one for each floor.  Under the house I can see the old bricks, boards etc and its completely dry and cool down there, like a root cellar would have been.  There are also vents under the house in the Crawl Space that are connected to the Air Conditioners (3 separate units for each floor and feed into each Furnace) that blow Cold Air in the Crawl Space.  My guess is Under the House is Air Conditioned in order to preserve the Floor Joists and Flooring all of which are original.  

I`ll see if I can get a picture for you if you really are interested in seeing under there.  It is really cool actually and I really haven`t explored it too much.  There might be something buried in there.

Stavios

Earthquake
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
today

east coast

Adonix almost died

Natural Man

• Getbig V

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:54 PM »
Stop, drop and roll.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
Tough it out!  Earthquakes are par for the course around here.  Having lived in earthquake and hurricane territory, I know it pays to be ready with emergency kits and other supplies!  8)

http://beprepared.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_120_A_c2c_E_ln_A_name_E_EmergencyKitsandComponents