Author Topic: Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast  (Read 26253 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Not in 2008?

As I recall, three marriage amendments passed last year.

Florida's Amendment 2: 62-38

Arizona's Amendment 102: 56-44

and, of course,

California's Proposition 8: 52-48

Yes, and the abortion votes all went more liberal... What's your point?

Gay marriage is the new abortion.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yes, and the abortion votes all went more liberal... What's your point?

Gay marriage is the new abortion.

My point is specifically with gay "marriage". Your claim that they didn't, as I stated to the contrary, get their behinds whipped at the box in 2008 is in accurate.

They lost there, yet again, by an average margin of 57-43 (from those three state elections, alone).

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
My point is specifically with gay "marriage". Your claim that they didn't, as I stated to the contrary, get their behinds whipped at the box in 2008 is in accurate.

They lost there, yet again, by an average margin of 57-43 (from those three state elections, alone).

That's not what your quote said though... You simply said liberals were getting whipped at the ballot box... which is not true.

The gay marriage votes went conservative yes, but liberals didn't even come close to getting beat at the ballot box in 2008. Abortion won as well as most liberal democrats.

Yes, Gay marriage got beat at the ballot box... but that's the only conservative measure that did.

All of the rest got beat handily... Gay marriage will go down too eventually to be honest, but I don't really give a damn about it to be honest. I'm not gay, nor getting married again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That's not what your quote said though... You simply said liberals were getting whipped at the ballot box... which is not true.

The gay marriage votes went conservative yes, but liberals didn't even come close to getting beat at the ballot box in 2008. Abortion won as well as most liberal democrats.

Yes, Gay marriage got beat at the ballot box... but that's the only conservative measure that did.

All of the rest got beat handily... Gay marriage will go down too eventually to be honest, but I don't really give a damn about it to be honest. I'm not gay, nor getting married again.

I was responding to 333386's quote. So, perhaps I should have clarified my statement.

I was, in fact, talking specifically about gay "marriage" supporters (333386 may have talking about liberals, in general, including those folks).

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I was responding to 333386's quote. So, perhaps I should have clarified my statement.

I was, in fact, talking specifically about gay "marriage" supporters (333386 may have talking about liberals, in general, including those folks).

Fair enough... I agree that currently, gay marriage is definitely something that most voters do not want.