Author Topic: anyone been in a sales or b2b role?  (Read 856 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
anyone been in a sales or b2b role?
« on: January 15, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
im thinking of getting into a sales role at work where it will be managing relationships and doing outside sales. but with my anxiety, even some ass hole telling me to take him off of my email list, drives my anxiety sky high. anyone here in sales and how do you deal with anxiety from rejection, rudeness, etc? i feel like id be a big baby if i took this role cuz i wear my emotions on my sleeve( yes call me beta now)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: anyone been in a sales or b2b role?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:02:53 PM »
im thinking of getting into a sales role at work where it will be managing relationships and doing outside sales. but with my anxiety, even some ass hole telling me to take him off of my email list, drives my anxiety sky high. anyone here in sales and how do you deal with anxiety from rejection, rudeness, etc? i feel like id be a big baby if i took this role cuz i wear my emotions on my sleeve( yes call me beta now)

if you are easily offended or put out your comfort zone

then sales isnt for you
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »

Have you ever considered working for Caliber Fitness Solutions: The Leader in Human Evolution since 2001?

http://www.caliberfitness.com/

X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 06:27:27 AM »

then sales isnt for you

Holy fuck, this x1,000,000

Sales is not for thin skinned folks at all.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:49:06 AM »
Doesn't sound like the job for you. I'm very similar. I thrive in a job where I don't have to deal with people.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »
Offering your wife to potential customers would help your carrier immensely, you seem like a nice fellow, who have courtesy to offer paper tissue after an intense season with your wife.
If you survived this long in getbig, you can survive mofos out there...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 08:02:03 AM »
Have you ever considered working for Caliber Fitness Solutions: The Leader in Human Evolution since 2001?

::)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 08:03:07 AM »
 :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
F

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 08:35:30 AM »
Highest paid profession in the world. Started in sales after university did very well went back got my MBA, now a partner of a big software-services company. If you can learn, understand, and practice good process/methodology you should be able to close at 30-40%. Granted that means you lose more than win hence the aforementioned"thin skin" comments.

If possible I'd recommend selling something  "conceptual" like software. The conceptual sale is very difficult but the payout is extremely high. I start my reps out at $100-$140k base plus com. Highest paid rep is pulling $400k a year. Those are some numbers that are fairly industry standard for a good business dev exec

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »
Everyone hates a salesman.  Sounds like an awful way to make a living.  I suspect for every tale of glory there's 20 guys you never heard of who ate shit all day and didn't make a dime.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »

There is too much competition for that position, they only take the best of the best.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 09:17:51 AM »
Holy fuck, this x1,000,000

Sales is not for thin skinned folks at all.

Answer this question, do you get along with people, all kinds of people?  If not how can you establish rapport, build relationships and get sales.  Sales is about rapport and relationships.

As for B2B, not sure how many Getbiggers are involved in B2B, but many are involved in G4P.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »

then sales isnt for you

x2 salesmen are born, not made.  If you have doubts about your prospects in the field before even starting, you're doomed.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »

not a job for you!