Author Topic: New Layne Norton interview.  (Read 40942 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: New Layne Norton interview.
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
Layne gets bashed because he is an arrogant mother f**cker who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He disrespectfully dismisses everyone who disagrees with his nerdy science. It's like no one had any credibility before he came along. He prides himself on being the only source of reason when it come to bodybuilding. He doesn't treat people who don't agree with him respect. Then he cries like pussy when he's picked on all the time.

And because he is successful at what he does.

I have seen individual instances of Layne being cocky, although it's not the overall feeling I get from his posts or from talking to him.  As an example, he made a cocky statement which precipitated his response from Bob that I previously posted.  Layne's reply is here [scroll down]:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=233400

By Layne making that statement, he implied that Bob's article was not logical or scientific so I can understand why Bob was upset with it.

Other than that though, I think Layne is rather pleasant and open-minded when it comes to the science behind nutrition and other related topics and I haven't personally gotten an arrogant vibe from him.  In person I asked him what he felt he could deadlift at any given time and he said he was pretty confident that at any time in the year he could deadlift 660, but obviously during contest mode his training gets more specific and dedicated to the deadlift and he lifts more.  He could have easily claimed he did 750 in the gym or something like that but he was upfront about admitting that he has off days and that he doesn't necessarily train for a deadlift one rep max at all points in the year.  He's also been helpful to me when I've asked him questions.  Layne is always nice to me and I always look forward to seeing him.  I can only really go based on how an individual has treated me personally and in Layne's case that is quite well.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »
I have seen individual instances of Layne being cocky, although it's not the overall feeling I get from his posts or from talking to him.  As an example, he made a cocky statement which precipitated his response from Bob that I previously posted.  Layne's reply is here [scroll down]:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=233400

By Layne making that statement, he implied that Bob's article was not logical or scientific so I can understand why Bob was upset with it.

Other than that though, I think Layne is rather pleasant and open-minded when it comes to the science behind nutrition and other related topics and I haven't personally gotten an arrogant vibe from Layne.  He's also been helpful to me when I've asked him questions.  Layne is always nice to me and I always look forward to seeing him.  I can only really go based on how an individual has treated me personally and in Layne's case that is quite well.

I am sure he's nice to you. Why is it that everyone in bodybuilding thinks the world revolves around them? I am sure a serial killer is nice to someone that hardly makes him nice.

You asked what it is about Layne that makes everyone want to bash him. That response and attitude toward Bob is typical of who Layne is as a person. It's not just one circumstance.

Layne is a self-admitted nerd from birth. All the praise, science, degrees, great lifts, success, and trophies will never change the inner core personality and self-image he learned growing up. It comes through in everything he does. The good thing is that it is the personality deficiencies in human psyches that drive them to overcompensate and achieve success. Truly happy and satisfied people never accomplish anything out of the ordinarily.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »
Don`t sneaky supplement companies sometimes sneak a bit of roids in their products?  I think Layne is natural and has not intended to use drugs, but may have ingested them accidentally a time or twelve due to his supplement usage.  He is solely at the behest of the supplement manufacturer and whatever they decided to put or sneak in whatever particular batch he has ingested.

That of course may have never happened, but if he is not natural in any way, I think that is most likely the only way he would be unnatural as we do know he has had a history of supplement use.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
Let me also add that Layne also suffers from the same sort of fear based Social Mania as J-Rod, Jeff Rodriguez. Their image is so intertwined with their persona that they will never be unable to divorce the two from each other.  Everything they have done to this point to build their bodies, no matter how irrational, dysfunctional and paranoid the steps are/were will have to continue as their compulsions have snowballed over the years and require such fulfillment to which there is no evidence of the ball ever slowing down.

Protein did not make these two, it was Extreme Obsessive Compulsive Order that enabled it all.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »
It was to show what 14" arms look like.  When people claim that Layne has 14" arms I think it's safe to say that should be refuted.  His arms were over 17" like he said.  By no means does Layne have small arms.  Plus he was very close to contest condition that day.

Well there are guys like Ronnie and Markus Ruhl and Dennis Wolf who are similar in height to Layne and literally 100 pounds heavier than him in the off-season and in contest.

If we can agree a certain individual is using or has used, the next question in my mind would be how much?  It would seem clear he doesn't use as much as the three aforementioned pros, so what kind of cycles are we talking about?  I have a friend who ran a few courses of M1T up until it got banned then some dbol in 2008.  Three years later should he get bashed for using a few times here and there long in his past?

It's kind of like threads about Arnold's cycles - We will never know exactly what he used.  We can speculate though.  I'll also make a point to say that pretty well everyone who has Layne's size [and especially his strength] is on something.  It's just that I happen to find Layne to be a very sincere and honest guy and he is quite adamant about not using.  I've never had any reason to question his character which is the only reason why I was unsure about his possible use.

I have found there is no way to have a Layne Norton thread on getbig without people immediately questioning his use of gear.

It's actually kind of interesting to see the evolution of hate on Layne to evolve over the years.  I've been following his posts on the boards more or less since he initially started posting in 2001 on the BB.com boards.  at first, the hate was about his physique.  Here is Bob bashing an ironage Layne:

But at a certain point, I believe around 2006, Layne's physique got to the point where people stopped bashing him for it.  Then from 2007-2010, Layne's strength got to the point where pretty well everyone admitted that Layne was stronger than they are.

So what's left to bash about Layne?  His physique?  His strength?  His personal life [education/job/other]?  No, none of those.  What the topic of discussion is now is his status as a natural/user.

LOL!!!!!!!

Great post!!!

PS - Post this thread on MD and we will see the exact opposite trend.  On getbig, anyone who claims or suggests that Layne is natural will get bashed.  On MD, anyone who claims or suggests that Layne uses will get bashed.  It's actually kind of funny.  Is it a form of board group think?  ;D

umm RUHL AND DENNIS W0LF TAKE MUCH M0RE THAN LAYNE AND ARE ALS0 0N MEGA D0SES 0F GH AND INSULIN. THERE Y0U G0 THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. ALS0, C0NTEST TIME LAYNE IS 195 LBS. C0NTEST TIME DENNIS W0LF IS AB0UT 260.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
Excellent point and 100% truth.

Anyone who knows anything about lifting, hormones and possibilities will see the truth.

The rest will continue to buy absolutely useless supplements because it's like religion, they believe in them.

Marketing rules 101: play into peoples feares and desires, make them think that there is a problem and as solution present your product.

Scared, knowledge-less, uneducated, unenlightened people are best consumers.

Nobody needs an educated, free-minded, own-opinionated, self-sufficient, healthy man or woman. They just are not good consumers and what good are you if you are not a consumer.

'Express yourself, be an individualist but do it through buying stuff, if possible our stuff'

Supplements are 99.6% useless and only basic protein is good in emergency cases. All else is marketing and lies.

good post.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »
Let me also add that Layne also suffers from the same sort of fear based Social Mania as J-Rod, Jeff Rodriguez. Their image is so intertwined with their persona that they will never be unable to divorce the two from each other.  Everything they have done to this point to build their bodies, no matter how irrational, dysfunctional and paranoid the steps are/were will have to continue as their compulsions have snowballed over the years and require such fulfillment to which there is no evidence of the ball ever slowing down.

Protein did not make these two, it was Extreme Obsessive Compulsive Order that enabled it all.

Another good post.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »
Layne gets bashed because he is an arrogant mother f**cker who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He disrespectfully dismisses everyone who disagrees with his nerdy science. It's like no one had any credibility before he came along. He prides himself on being the only source of reason when it come to bodybuilding. He doesn't treat people who don't agree with him respect. Then he cries like pussy when he's picked on all the time.

And because he is successful at what he does.

no!,, nortom get bashed and all the bad karma because he been using hormones from the first time in 2001 when he has the double bi picture on bodybuild.com,, he been using since then ,, he has used all through 2003 and in the years where it ws very easy to get in americana until the bgi bust of mexicana and operation rawdeal,, after that he used more inorder to have a chance to do damage,, his problem is his physiqe sucks no matter what his build is horrible that is why he has to be ultra lean in the 4-5 % inorder to look anything to write home about EVEN on hormones,, he is knowlegable about the usage ,, he is not as knowlgable as god of hormones about particulars and the overll aspect,, but he has enough hands on to know how to work with his body,,

what i do not like about nortom is the fact he is lieing ,, he dont  just shut his mouth up ,, he is pure out lieing,, he will get a big big thing coming his way one of those days where he will be sorry for even strating bodybuild and hormones,, because some realy REALLY dont like him

gh15 approved
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »

umm RUHL AND DENNIS W0LF TAKE MUCH M0RE THAN LAYNE AND ARE ALS0 0N MEGA D0SES 0F GH AND INSULIN. THERE Y0U G0 THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. ALS0, C0NTEST TIME LAYNE IS 195 LBS. C0NTEST TIME DENNIS W0LF IS AB0UT 260.

FINALY SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW IT IS ! ,, see ,, someone with brain that is actualy natural...take a lok at this fella physiqe this is the absilit max you can get naturally matt c,, take a look at his physiqe and im pretty sure he is stronger than you too or than nortom is nortom was true natural which he is not!,,

but yes what this fella said is why someone has 50lb 60 lb more than others...and nortom is VERY big fella ,,he sits 230 and lean ! offseason ,, he compete close to 200lb at shredded 4% ,, i swear some fellas here are truly retards,, they are 5-6 same fellas but i guess they are gimicks of thre fake naturals who come to protect thsemlves,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »
When Gimmicks Collide  ::)

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
no!,, nortom get bashed and all the bad karma because he been using hormones from the first time in 2001 when he has the double bi picture on bodybuild.com,, he been using since then ,, he has used all through 2003 and in the years where it ws very easy to get in americana until the bgi bust of mexicana and operation rawdeal,, after that he used more inorder to have a chance to do damage,, his problem is his physiqe sucks no matter what his build is horrible that is why he has to be ultra lean in the 4-5 % inorder to look anything to write home about EVEN on hormones,, he is knowlegable about the usage ,, he is not as knowlgable as god of hormones about particulars and the overll aspect,, but he has enough hands on to know how to work with his body,,

what i do not like about nortom is the fact he is lieing ,, he dont  just shut his mouth up ,, he is pure out lieing,, he will get a big big thing coming his way one of those days where he will be sorry for even strating bodybuild and hormones,, because some realy REALLY dont like him

gh15 approved

gh15...can you even fathom for a moment that not everyone looks at the world through "steroid colored glasses" like you?

As someone else stated, you are no different than BayGBM thinking he can seduce any straight man into being gay like him! LOL :)

gh15 = drug, drugs,drugs

BayGBM = gay sex, gay, gay sex

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
When Gimmicks Collide  ::)
All whimper, no bang?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Interesting things I've noticed about Layne. He is a pretty smart guy who also by the way seems to be dealing with some sort of mental illness. Just watch his training video's. Anyone with mental illness and who is in love with their own body as much as Layne would have zero problem using bodybuilding dope to look better. His elbows and factual structure seemed to have changed(grown)  :-\ I wonder how much his feet have grown over the past few years? I predict over the next 5 years his elbows will look as bad as that Dickerson fella's.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
I predict over the next 5 years his elbows will look as bad as that Dickerson fella's.

And his feet will resemble that of a clown or Palumbo(same thing)

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »
Interesting things I've noticed about Layne. He is a pretty smart guy who also by the way seems to be dealing with some sort of mental illness. Just watch his training video's. Anyone with mental illness and who is in love with their own body as much as Layne would have zero problem using bodybuilding dope to look better. His elbows and factual structure seemed to have changed(grown)  :-\ I wonder how much his feet have grown over the past few years? I predict over the next 5 years his elbows will look as bad as that Dickerson fella's.

Oh brother.  ::)

Is that another sign of drug use, genius?

When you train the muscle for years and years, it will get shorten when it recovers no matter how much you stretch. It doesn't matter if you use drugs or not.

In time, the muscle attachment with somewhat shorten from the insertion and give that appearance.

Another sign of certain steroid use debunked.

w8m8

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:35 PM »
Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, Casey Butt and Martin Berkam.

What do they have in common?

Now of course, most of the assorted morons here, whether spastics, bullshitters (or indeed "spastic bullshitters" such as Matt C) will have no idea of maximum human potential for mass gain; they will certainly exhibit fuck all reference, noteworthy cite, or other substantial evidence to support their claims.

As is herein observable this thread, we can however witness the manifest deluge of fuck all; a swirling vortex of insubstance accompanied by a goodly quanta of vague rhetorical faggotry about [for example] Layne "bullshitter" Norton! (Matt C sticks a menthol finger deep into his unwiped ass when thinking of his "man treat" Layne).

Anyhoo, back to the aforementioned experts, listed above.

What do they all - to a man - have to say?

Could it be "190 - 205lbs at approx 10% fat, at a height of 6ft"???

Why yes, it could:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html

But yes, some assholes on Getbig have performed anywhere near the degree of exhaustive analysis of the type performed by Casey Butt, vis a vis, natural bodybuilders?

Matt "fuckwit" Canning has, of course, carried out profound work pondering creatine loading or temporary glycogen supercompensation in the natural trainee?

Oh and, that would be a "no" for any spastics looking in. Indeed, if Matt C is the "gauge of gormless du jour" these clowns have done nothing more that wanked off about Layne, then eaten the entire shit-stained, worm suffused load!

Oh and, bear in mind, slag Canning is a mere 5'8" or thereabouts, so deduct a good 35lbs from that 205lbs at 10%

Hhahahahahahahaha, oh brother!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
Oh brother.  ::)

Is that another sign of drug use, genius?

When you train the muscle for years and years, it will get shorten when it recovers no matter how much you stretch. It doesn't matter if you use drugs or not.

In time, the muscle attachment with somewhat shorten from the insertion and give that appearance.

Another sign of certain steroid use debunked.

What was Layne's shoe size his senior year of high school? And what is it now?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
I love it when the Getbig "heavyweights"  ::) 90% of whom don't lift weights and have never posted a pic....hold a roundtable discussion on what the human body is capable of....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »

Now of course, most of the assorted morons here, whether spastics, bullshitters (or indeed "spastic bullshitters" such as Matt C) will have no idea of maximum human potential for mass gain; they will certainly exhibit fuck all reference, noteworthy cite, or other substantial evidence to support their claims.

As is herein observable this thread, we can however witness the manifest deluge of fuck all; a swirling vortex of insubstance accompanied by a goodly quanta of vague rhetorical faggotry about [for example] Layne "bullshitter" Norton! (Matt C sticks a menthol finger deep into his unwiped ass when thinking of his "man treat" Layne).

Anyhoo, back to the aforementioned experts, listed above.

What do they all - to a man - have to say?

Could it be "190 - 205lbs at approx 10% fat, at a height of 6ft"???

Why yes, it could:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html

But yes, some assholes on Getbig have performed anywhere near the degree of exhaustive analysis of the type performed by Casey Butt, vis a vis, natural bodybuilders?

Matt "fuckwit" Canning has, of course, carried out profound work pondering creatine loading or temporary glycogen supercompensation in the natural trainee?

Oh and, that would be a "no" for any spastics looking in. Indeed, if Matt C is the "gauge of gormless du jour" these clowns have done nothing more that wanked off about Layne, then eaten the entire shit-stained, worm suffused load!

Oh and, bear in mind, slag Canning is a mere 5'8" or thereabouts, so deduct a good 35lbs from that 205lbs at 10%

Hhahahahahahahaha, oh brother!

Hey Mr. Pedantic (look it up)

What the f**k are you trying to say?

Your point wasn't communicated effectively because you were trying so hard to be a smarty pants "wordsmith".  ::)

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »

They are all internet marketers who have entered the niche of bodybuilding with no real, in depth or length of experience.

As they were taught in internet marketing school: Be different. Be controversial to get noticed.

That and their entering the fitness business to MAKE MONEY selling information products is what they have in common.

Please tell me you don't really buy into their bullshit.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »
What was Layne's shoe size his senior year of high school? And what is it now?

Well, you're the one bringing it into this argument creating the assumption it has dramatically changed.

Don't you know?

I have no idea.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »
Norton looks great, and judging by the interview he seems to really have passion for training and nutrition.

That said I seriously think he is clean, for example,
and

This physique is definitely achievable naturally and has a distinct look to it that screams natural. I cannot say for sure of course, but I seriously believe he is clean. Lifetime natural?? Who knows, but clean in the above pictures.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
Pretty impressive really since every rep was from a dead stop with no bouncing...............p robably has a 550- 565 max or close to it.

exactly so you think his max can go up 150 pounds in two years natural?

i think not wesly falcons
A

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 04:24:36 PM »
I love it when the Getbig "heavyweights"  ::) 90% of whom don't lift weights and have never posted a pic....hold a roundtable discussion on what the human body is capable of....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And one of the biggest forum liars appears...

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
And one of the biggest forum liars appears...

THIS