Author Topic: Stallone - from 7 to 70  (Read 11541 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Stallone - from 7 to 70
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2016, 06:20:15 PM »
Created some really worthwhile characters.  Especially Rocky.  Then devalued his creations by whoring them to death in sequels that were nothing but an insult to audiences that appreciated the original.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2016, 06:28:37 PM »
Created some really worthwhile characters.  Especially Rocky.  Then devalued his creations by whoring them to death in sequels that were nothing but an insult to audiences that appreciated the original.

Well, it was the need for money that was the motivation for that. Easy money.
Q

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2016, 07:06:58 PM »
Seeing that slideshow started me wondering - which film was he in his lifetime best-ever shape I wonder?  I remembered being impressed with his conditioning in the Rambo stick fight, but then when I looked again tonight... ???

Also, on a bit of a tangent:  when searching for that clip I came across the Charlie Sheen spoof version - I don't think I've seen it so was surprised to see Mr Sheen had clearly been doing a little bit of something iron-related - who knew?  :o

Best shape ever (classic physique)  Rocky I

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
Rocky was very unrealistic.  First blood/Rambo was based on some other guys book.  He was also in Rhinestone singing with Dolly Parton, pure shit.

Stallone's movies are terrible for the most part.  Conan, Predator, Terminator, Commando, Total Recall, Twins and Jingle All The Way.

Both took lots of raids and other body related drugs and are still kicking.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2016, 09:33:30 PM »
Listen to this. Great story about the man.

h

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2016, 08:17:22 AM »
I honestly think Sly took Rhinestone just to hook up with Dolly Pardon, and special mention guilty pleasures Oscar and Stop or My Mom Will Shoot, I actually enjoy watching these movies lol

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2016, 08:24:56 AM »
He was also in Rhinestone singing with Dolly Parton, pure shit.

Talks about Rhinestone here :D
(and his Star Wars-audition)
Q

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
First Blood was his best film imo. The other Rambo films were more basic and lacked the tension and quality of the original. Rambo 3 seems fairly odd now given that it potrays the Mujahideen (soon to become Taliban) in a positive light.
The Rocky films were ridiculous but entertaining (as was Over The Top). Cliffhanger and Demolition Man are both quality action flicks. I agree on Copland being one of Sly's underrated films.

Arnold's acting was always hindered by his accent but he had the better selection of films overall when compared to Stallone.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2016, 10:07:19 AM »
As someone from the UK who actually read 2000AD (the comic where Dredd originated) for 20 years from Prog (issue) 1, I was amazed at the backlash against Stallone's version - I loved it.  I thought it captured the essence of the comic artwork - OK, so Dredd never took his helmet off, like a Hollywood star would agree to that!  But I'm no purist, so the way it smudged together so many bits of the comic was enjoyable.  (And Stallone's bottom lip suited the helmet)

Classic scene.

First Blood was his best film imo. The other Rambo films were more basic and lacked the tension and quality of the original. Rambo 3 seems fairly odd now given that it potrays the Mujahideen (soon to become Taliban) in a positive light.

First Blood - the scene where he first escapes custody  8) - I BET every single Getbigger hit rewind on that part!!

Rambo 3 - the world swung around quickly on that one, didn't it - wonder how Fortress reviews this film given the current state of affairs?

The Rocky films were ridiculous but entertaining (as was Over The Top). Cliffhanger and Demolition Man are both quality action flicks. I agree on Copland being one of Sly's underrated films.

Re: Copland - Thank you - Demolition Man is cool other than the weird choice of 2019 as 'the future' - still super-watchable though..

"Be well citizen SuperTed"
T

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
As someone from the UK who actually read 2000AD (the comic where Dredd originated) for 20 years from Prog (issue) 1, I was amazed at the backlash against Stallone's version - I loved it.  I thought it captured the essence of the comic artwork - OK, so Dredd never took his helmet off, like a Hollywood star would agree to that!  But I'm no purist, so the way it smudged together so many bits of the comic was enjoyable.  (And Stallone's bottom lip suited the helmet)

What's even better is they paid a homage to ABC Warriors in Sly's Dredd-movie by adding Hammerstein in it! :D
Q

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 11:01:57 AM »

What's even better is they paid a homage to ABC Warriors in Sly's Dredd-movie by adding Hammerstein in it! :D

So where was Ro-Jaws, right??  ;) 8)

I was going to add that, but was worried about being called a nerd LOL.  So it sounds like you'd also get the Judge Hershey inclusion and the whole Mean Machine/Junior/Pa Angel scenario, right?
T

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »
So where was Ro-Jaws, right??  ;) 8)

I was going to add that, but was worried about being called a nerd LOL.  So it sounds like you'd also get the Judge Hershey inclusion and the whole Mean Machine/Junior/Pa Angel scenario, right?

Yes.

And they should make a real ABC Warriors-movie.

Q

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 11:34:41 AM »
Yes.

And they should make a real ABC Warriors-movie.

As Joe Pineapples would say, "A1"

:D :D ;D
T