Author Topic: Who is stronger, dennis james or onlyme?  (Read 22850 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Who is stronger, dennis james or onlyme?
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2007, 12:21:09 AM »
Behind Neck Press

Thanks Man

Not sure what pic, but I worked on Over the Top.  I was the third casted as Bull Hurley behind Cleve Dean who was the first then Big John Studd then me and ultimately it ended up being Ric Zumwalt. 

This pic is from it.

Oh shit! Thats fucking sick! You look like a fucking brawler, I would never mess with you. Sick that you worked on the movie.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2007, 05:19:54 AM »
gh15 what do you think about nasser el sonbaty?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2007, 05:25:09 AM »
james is stronger altho he doesnt do full range of motion and does assisted reps..but only me has never showed any proof of his so called lifts. james is stronger..also james  trains legs.  ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »
james is stronger altho he doesnt do full range of motion and does assisted reps..but only me has never showed any proof of his so called lifts. james is stronger..also james  trains legs.  ;D

You are absolutely right about that.  I have no real proof just what others say and articles.  MaxRep is the only person on here besides Beks that has personally seen me train and I think AmericanBullDog too.  I have no pics but the one below that Gene Mozee took for M&F.  The only other way is call Golds Honolulu and ask for Francis Silva or any of the other strong guys over there.  And any other person who has seen me train.  But you are right, I have no video or anything of me.  I kind of wish I did.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »
DJ

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »
back in the 80s keith was stronger tho  ;D

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »
No knock against DJ, but I would like to see him go natural and then try some of Keith's feats of strength. If Keith got on the amount of gear the average BB does, he would squash the majority of them. To be a 500+ pound natural bencher is extremely rare and it's something I've never seen in person. Even chemically enhanced 500+ pound benches are rare as hell.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2007, 06:35:42 PM »
No knock against DJ, but I would like to see him go natural and then try some of Keith's feats of strength. If Keith got on the amount of gear the average BB does, he would squash the majority of them. To be a 500+ pound natural bencher is extremely rare and it's something I've never seen in person. Even chemically enhanced 500+ pound benches are rare as hell.

I figure if I lift hard for 3 to 4 months now I should be able to do 315 seated shoulder presses for 10.  Thats with a pause at the bottom and all the way up.  My bench I think I can get it back to doing 405 for at least 5 to 8 reps.  My arms not sure.  I am back in the gym starting tommorrow.  I have not touched a weight since the 2nd week of Dec. since I got sick and then was in the hospital.  I am good to go now.  I needed a goal to keep me going.  I think these are my goals.  And at the same time I will be dropping weight.  I will be on anything but protein.  I haven't touched a roid since 1986.  Once my strength gets back up to something at least pretty good I will have someone video me.  I have a funny feeling my bench is going to be embarrassing at the start.  Lucky to get 225 for 10.  But I will see tommorrow.  Cardio is going to be a big thing I am going to do.  I spend at least an hour laying at beach a day.  Tan aft always looks better than white fat.  DJ is way stronger than I am now or possibly can get again.  The guy is huge and strong.  SO I am not going to try to beat him or whatever.  But I am going to try to get some strength back.  It seems my leg is fine and hopefully won't give me anymore problems.  If so then I am good to go forward.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »
By the way, I will have NO spotters or anyone lifting the weight off for me.  I hate that.  I always figured if I can't lift the weigth off the rack then I probably won't be able to lift it. I never worried about dropping the weight on me.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2007, 08:04:55 PM »
By the way, I will have NO spotters or anyone lifting the weight off for me.  I hate that.  I always figured if I can't lift the weigth off the rack then I probably won't be able to lift it. I never worried about dropping the weight on me.

That's what I like to hear. I always go heavy without a spotter. It gives you that much more drive to get the weight up. Life or death. :)
just push some weight!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2007, 12:31:25 AM »
Seems to me we never lose the motivation 'to show them!'  Keith, just get back to doing some training and to heck with proving anything. You paid your dues and don't have to impress the Getbig wannabes like Goodrum & Co. Where is little Melvin? Maybe he just woke up to the fact that he can't sell crap if he has no credibility.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2007, 02:39:10 AM »
yeah keith show us! eye of the tiger, your a fighter keith, never ever give up. 315 lbs presses behind the neck is massive.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2007, 03:43:46 AM »
I figure if I lift hard for 3 to 4 months now I should be able to do 315 seated shoulder presses for 10.  Thats with a pause at the bottom and all the way up.  My bench I think I can get it back to doing 405 for at least 5 to 8 reps.  My arms not sure.  I am back in the gym starting tommorrow.  I have not touched a weight since the 2nd week of Dec. since I got sick and then was in the hospital.  I am good to go now.  I needed a goal to keep me going.  I think these are my goals.  And at the same time I will be dropping weight.  I will be on anything but protein.  I haven't touched a roid since 1986.  Once my strength gets back up to something at least pretty good I will have someone video me.  I have a funny feeling my bench is going to be embarrassing at the start.  Lucky to get 225 for 10.  But I will see tommorrow.  Cardio is going to be a big thing I am going to do.  I spend at least an hour laying at beach a day.  Tan aft always looks better than white fat.  DJ is way stronger than I am now or possibly can get again.  The guy is huge and strong.  SO I am not going to try to beat him or whatever.  But I am going to try to get some strength back.  It seems my leg is fine and hopefully won't give me anymore problems.  If so then I am good to go forward.
good luck getting back on track keith.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »
Seems to me we never lose the motivation 'to show them!'  Keith, just get back to doing some training and to heck with proving anything. You paid your dues and don't have to impress the Getbig wannabes like Goodrum & Co. Where is little Melvin? Maybe he just woke up to the fact that he can't sell crap if he has no credibility.

Thanks guys.  But I'm doing it for the guys on here.  It is defintiely for me and my grandkids and daughters.  But, what my Getbig brothers are doing is getting me motivated and now I have a goal.  I always seem to do very good when I have a goal.  It's like walking.  I can't just go outside and start walking.  I have to have a goal, like a place to go.  Just like lifting.  I have to have a goal I just can't lift and get good results.  Before I got bit I was training for the Olympics.  I swear to god I was doing things I would never have done if it wasn't that I was shooting for the Olympics.  People that saw me train couldn;t beleive it. ANd the major thing was my cardio I was doing.  I lived in an area called Waialae Iki.  Which is up on the side of a mountain that overlooks Kahala, Diamond Head and the Waialae golf course (SOny Open).  The one road that goes up this hill is very steep.  It is steep enough where kids walk there bikes up it.  Very rarely did you see people riding bikes up it.  I lived exacly 1/2 mile up the road from the bottom.  I trained at 8am and 4pm generally 4 days a week.  I would ride my bike to and from the gym.  I had to go over Diamond Head crater and over some other hills both ways.  It was about 7 miles to the gym from my house.  Well at the end of the ride I would have to ride up that hill to my house.  I would do it and the whole time when I think I am ging to quit I kept going thinking to myself I need to do this to win a gold medal.  SO many people would see me do this going up the hill and even sometime ride alongside and talk to me.  their was always this van filled with 4 or 5 women going up the hill would always say hi to me and rout me on.

On weekends I would pull a tire around DIamond Head (picture).  I filled it will cement and rock sometimes.  I would also have my backpack sometimes with fruit and water.  There was a lady who would have water for me when I walked by at her house.  It would take me 3 hours to walk around the crater.  So many people would run around or walk the crater.  They woudl pass by and rout me on.  Most of them knew what I was doing.  The tire weighed about 100 lbs.  But with the drag from the street it felt heavier. 

But, I had a goal.  ANd I really wanted to reach it and it pushed me.  I need a goal.  It's just the way I am.  As long as I can stay healthy and not have anymore problems I know I can do it.  So you guys on here push me so I want to do it. Plus, if I get back into shape, it will be harder for Sean to make fun of me.  So I promise I will do this.  And when I am done I think a book might be next.  I have had several (many) people tell me a book like this would be good.  So lets see how fast I can get this done. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2007, 11:35:38 AM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to verify that everything that Keith has stated throughout these posts is factual. I've known him for a long time now and have been a part of his "adventures" on many occasions and can personally guarantee that he does not exaggerate when he makes lifting claims or tells those humerous stories about those famous personalities of stage and screen and the sporting world.

Some of you accuse him of being a "name dropper", but he only "drops" those names in an effort to pass on humerous and sometimes interesting stories that he feels we'd all be interesting in hearing.

On a few occasions I have traveled with him in search of "past aquaintences" and have gotten to the front doors of Sly's house, Cher's house, Spelliing's house, and the homes of both "Barbarian Brothers" (old names we used to use in the past). We would have been invited in but we were always in LA very early in the morning on our way to some sporting function in LV and the "stars" usually don't start receiving guests till much later in the day.

He was once turned away from the front door of Bob Hope's Palm Springs residence, but only because "Bob" was too ill to receive guests that afternoon.

And I can state in complete honesty that Muhammad Ali and the Mrs. would go out of there way to greet him if they ever turned up in the same city at the same time. They respect Keith a heck of a lot.

I can probably say with certainty that I do know more stars and sports figures than Keith will ever meet in his lifetime, but I meet them under different circumstances which don't offer me the opportunity to pass on anything of interest or can be discussed among such a group as this.

So, Keith, keep on name droppen. You make this board interesting on a daily basis.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to verify that everything that Keith has stated throughout these posts is factual. I've known him for a long time now and have been a part of his "adventures" on many occasions and can personally guarantee that he does not exaggerate when he makes lifting claims or tells those humerous stories about those famous personalities of stage and screen and the sporting world.

Some of you accuse him of being a "name dropper", but he only "drops" those names in an effort to pass on humerous and sometimes interesting stories that he feels we'd all be interesting in hearing.

On a few occasions I have traveled with him in search of "past aquaintences" and have gotten to the front doors of Sly's house, Cher's house, Spelliing's house, and the homes of both "Barbarian Brothers" (old names we used to use in the past). We would have been invited in but we were always in LA very early in the morning on our way to some sporting function in LV and the "stars" usually don't start receiving guests till much later in the day.

He was once turned away from the front door of Bob Hope's Palm Springs residence, but only because "Bob" was too ill to receive guests that afternoon.

And I can state in complete honesty that Muhammad Ali and the Mrs. would go out of there way to greet him if they ever turned up in the same city at the same time. The respect Keith a heck of a lot.

I can probably say with certainty that I do know more stars and sports figures than Keith will ever meet in his lifetime, but I meet them under different circumstances which don't offer me the opportunity to pass on anything of interest or can be discussed among such a group as this.

So, Keith, keep on name droppen. You make this board interesting on a daily basis.

You mention Ali.  You know how I love Ali.  He made me money in high school.  Betting on him when everyone else would bet on the other guy.  He is definitely my biggest idol and the one guy in the world I have always wanted to meet.  I just can't believe I got to meet him and become friends with him like I did.  And his wife was great too.  I won't bore anyone with the story, but if you get a chance to meet Ali do it.  Cause he really is an awesome figure and you get goose bumps.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »
Hey, Only! Did you ever tell the ALI escalator/elevator story on here? I still crack up every time I think of that one.

If you didn't tell it or just feel like telling it again, please tell the complete version from the beginning to the end including Mrs Ali's confidential words of thanks to you and the wrestling match.

That complete story is one of my favorite sport's-time stories of all time and should be published in Reader's Digest.

Beks

• Getbig III
  • " See Ya real Soon"
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »
You are absolutely right about that.  I have no real proof just what others say and articles.  MaxRep is the only person on here besides Beks that has personally seen me train and I think AmericanBullDog too.  I have no pics but the one below that Gene Mozee took for M&F.  The only other way is call Golds Honolulu and ask for Francis Silva or any of the other strong guys over there.  And any other person who has seen me train.  But you are right, I have no video or anything of me.  I kind of wish I did.

Keith and I were workout partners not that long ago. Keith is full of modest B.S., He is very strong in any sense or measure. We lifted with some big strong guys at Golds Kona, Keith is highly respected and held in high regard by all.
As we became best friends I on many occasion listen to Keith speaking on the phone with body building greats, past and present! For a man who HAS done it and DOES know everybody in the sport he is a humble dude, always ready to help another at any time !!!

see ya soon buddy at the new Gym ;)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2007, 03:59:20 PM »
keith is a name pooper, and loves to talk about himself..he can turn a thread about tulips into a thread about himself....but im sure keith aint a lying about his lifting claims. the guy is big and strong as hell.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
keith is a name pooper, and loves to talk about himself..he can turn a thread about tulips into a thread about himself....but im sure keith aint a lying about his lifting claims. the guy is big and strong as hell.

Here is a name pooper (literally)  VINCE!