Author Topic: Dangers of Statin Drugs  (Read 4551 times)

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Dangers of Statin Drugs
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2024, 09:58:55 PM »
Twenty years ago a doctor put me on statins. My body ached and I felt like shit for three months. My total cholesterol only went down 20 points in those three months. Stopped taking statins and never went back to that doctor.  Started taking niacin and fish oil, one year later my total cholesterol was 187 , 70 points below my initial testing by the statin doctor.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2024, 12:51:22 AM »
Twenty years ago a doctor put me on statins. My body ached and I felt like shit for three months. My total cholesterol only went down 20 points in those three months. Stopped taking statins and never went back to that doctor.  Started taking niacin and fish oil, one year later my total cholesterol was 187 , 70 points below my initial testing by the statin doctor.
Usually gives people constant gas and bloating as well. Niacin and fish oil is much better.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2024, 02:45:37 AM »
the studies that set the threshold for your doctor to precribe statins was funded by the same people who make statins.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2024, 03:00:50 AM »
my opinion is this.. listen to your own body but be very careful if youīve a history of heart problems.
I didnīt listen & nearly went 6 foot under. Please be careful.
Not all Doctors are idiots.
If you need the Meds take them & please Wes do not just stop taking your Meds without medical supervision.
Now you have gotten me worried.  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2024, 03:05:10 AM »
Doc: "Why do you want to come off statins?"

wes: "A hebrew gentleman told me they are bad"

Doc: "Oh, a fine Jewish doctor?"

wes: "a black flat earther"

Doc: "take your pills wes, I'll see you in six months"
LOL  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2024, 04:33:19 AM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2024, 05:16:23 AM »
Doc: "Why do you want to come off statins?"

wes: "A hebrew gentleman told me they are bad"

Doc: "Oh, a fine Jewish doctor?"

wes: "a black flat earther"

Doc: "take your pills wes, I'll see you in six months"

:D ;D :D

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2024, 06:00:37 AM »
I got prescribed statins a few years ago, I stopped taking them after a couple of weeks due to the shoulder and neck pain and fatigue
When I went back to the docs she asked me why I hadnt renewed my script
I told her the reason and she said "Oh, OK it doesnt matter"
I asked why did she give me them in the first place if it didnt matter..
She said it was because my cholesterol was above the threshold.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2024, 06:42:26 AM »
I got prescribed statins a few years ago, I stopped taking them after a couple of weeks due to the shoulder and neck pain and fatigue

I was on a mild statin and my bloodwork was great (my cholesterol is genetically high).  Last two years it went out of whack, and I can't figure it out.  Cardiologist actually took the time to talk to me for an hour about it, my concerns, his feelings about statins, etc.   I listened and went on a stronger statin.

After 2 months, bloodwork went back to good.  Almost to the previous levels.

But, I had a contstant muscle spasm constantly near my collarbone, random muscle pains that would just "happen" then disappear, and muscle tenderness in my sides (if you poked with a finger, it felt like an infection pain).....It was affecting my sleep.  I didn't even think of the correlation right away, but when I looked up the side effects and boom, those were the main ones.  Went on reddit and read similar stories.

Decided with doc to go off to a lower one.   Two weeks later, all those sides are gone.

I also always forget about niacin, red brewer's yeast, etc....going to try those.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2024, 07:06:44 AM »

In the U.S. it's called "Standard of Care".

If the docs follow the protocol they can't be sued.

Most of the docs are now in large corporate group medical practices that mandate treatment protocols. 

The insurance companies most likely are involved in this too.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2024, 10:20:39 AM »
Usually gives people constant gas and bloating as well. Niacin and fish oil is much better.

I forgot the runs that statins gave me. I talked to two sisters in law that were on statins and they said the same.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2024, 10:30:54 AM »
In the U.S. it's called "Standard of Care".

If the docs follow the protocol they can't be sued.

Most of the docs are now in large corporate group medical practices that mandate treatment protocols. 

The insurance companies most likely are involved in this too.

Most doctors that work for big conglomerate plug your symptoms into the computer and it spits out the medicines sad to say.  Doctors that are independent are a dying breed. 

Last August I went to walk in clinic. I was sick as a dog with bronchitis type symptoms. Took a covid test the day before and it was negative. The doc said I had a cold and told me to get some rest. I think I got something like a decongestant from the doc.  About 5 days later I was in the hospital with covid and it was the sickest I ever was in my 65 years. I have blood cancer and that could account why I couldn't fight the virus. My wife caught it at the same time and was well in around 8 days. I was sick for around 6 weeks. The point of the story was if the doc tested me I could have gotten paxlovid in time instead of telling me I had a cold. It only works if covid is only 5 days old. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2024, 10:32:39 AM »
Most doctors aren't necessarily clueless or fooled by bad data. Lots of intelligent people think statins do have their place. Some advocate doing a lower dose, maybe EOD, and adding lots of Ubiquinol.

I have a problem with thinking ALL drugs are just an attempt to hurt people. Obviously a dream for a deug company is a veery effective drug with minimal side effects, that's how you make the most money. If a drug causes billion dollar class action lawsuits obviously that's not good business. If you remove tve incentive of money from drug companies, what's the alternative? Of course now they have AI to find new drugs but of course you could assume they have them programmed to cause as much harm as possible, but is it in their best interests? Drug developmebt is a fascinating topic I don't know much about, like where do you even begin?

Of course oldtimer1 will say anabolic steroid manufacturing is so complicated that no way the Chinese could do it, only Americans succeeded in the 50s.  But then they have managed space travel and fentanyl is no problem, recombinant growrh hormone is no problem,. Steroids? Fuggetabout it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2024, 11:36:13 PM »
I forgot the runs that statins gave me. I talked to two sisters in law that were on statins and they said the same.
It has that effect on a lot of people.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2024, 12:37:45 AM »
I was on a mild statin and my bloodwork was great (my cholesterol is genetically high).  Last two years it went out of whack, and I can't figure it out.  Cardiologist actually took the time to talk to me for an hour about it, my concerns, his feelings about statins, etc.   I listened and went on a stronger statin.

After 2 months, bloodwork went back to good.  Almost to the previous levels.

But, I had a contstant muscle spasm constantly near my collarbone, random muscle pains that would just "happen" then disappear, and muscle tenderness in my sides (if you poked with a finger, it felt like an infection pain).....It was affecting my sleep.  I didn't even think of the correlation right away, but when I looked up the side effects and boom, those were the main ones.  Went on reddit and read similar stories.

Decided with doc to go off to a lower one.   Two weeks later, all those sides are gone.

I also always forget about niacin, red brewer's yeast, etc....going to try those.

Grape, glad youre doing good w/ this...
Oldtimer1, I wish you the best in your health battle you are going thru. All the best to you...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2024, 02:02:56 AM »
Now you have gotten me worried.  ;D
sorry  ;D  just i believe itīs better to reduce the dosage under supervision from your Doctor. what i did & iīve no problem infact i was at my Doctor this morning & he said my blood results, EKG, Lung test were like that of a runner.
so i put it down to years of training & obviously the Stents are working well keeping that blood flow.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2024, 02:08:37 AM »
It has that effect on a lot of people.
It can give you some Gas this is true. but iīve never experienced such problems as mentioned.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2024, 10:14:20 AM »
Statins are poison and should never be taken. They suppress the production of Coenzyme-Q which is essential for metabolism.

The problem with conventional medicine is that medical treatments are not based on sound principles of molecular biology. Its like designing and building an airplane or semiconductor chip without having any knowledge of the underlying scientific principles that such engineering is based on. Medicine is not a legitimate discipline of bio-engneering.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2024, 10:19:11 AM »
My brother in law had inflammation in his hands from statins.

He stopped and it went away.  Now he is back on them again.

So why are you still taking them?, I asked.

Because the doctor said to take them he said.

Ok...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2024, 04:24:42 PM »
Anyone that gets their medical advice from YouTube videos should be laughed at.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2024, 12:31:32 AM »
My brother in law had inflammation in his hands from statins.

He stopped and it went away.  Now he is back on them again.

So why are you still taking them?, I asked.

Because the doctor said to take them he said.

Ok...
People are just lazy with their health. Why spend hours researching how to be healthy when they can just let the doctor choose for them?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2024, 02:48:21 AM »
People are just lazy with their health. Why spend hours researching how to be healthy when they can just let the doctor choose for them?
If i had side effects i might also think differently but most on this thread have never had a heart attack so donīt really know what itīs like to lie down on the OP table & realise this might be very close.

I am no fan of any medication but the notion that all Doctors are just idiots is very foolish indeed.
Look at King Charles in the UK, he ranted for years about alternative medicine for Cancer & look what happened.
end of the day people have to make up their own minds about taking statins or to rely on some other methods.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2024, 04:44:51 AM »
If i had side effects i might also think differently but most on this thread have never had a heart attack so donīt really know what itīs like to lie down on the OP table & realise this might be very close.

I am no fan of any medication but the notion that all Doctors are just idiots is very foolish indeed.
Look at King Charles in the UK, he ranted for years about alternative medicine for Cancer & look what happened.
end of the day people have to make up their own minds about taking statins or to rely on some other methods.

Taking statins will likely not prevent a heart attack.

It will reduce your cholesterol but studies show cholesterol levels have little to do with plaque deposits.

The use of statins is based on very old data which showed a correlation between cholesterol and heart disease.

Correlation is not causation however.

People with high cholesterol even live longer than those with low cholesterol.

Plaque deposits are caused by inflammation which is caused by eating sugar and refined carbs.

The plaque in your arteries has accumulated over many decades of your life, starting from when you were just a kid eating Sugar Smacks and other garbage.

Watch the video I posted above.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2024, 04:54:20 AM »
Taking statins will likely not prevent a heart attack.

It will reduce your cholesterol but studies show cholesterol levels have little to do with plaque deposits.

The use of statins is based on very old data which showed a correlation between cholesterol and heart disease.

Correlation is not causation however.

People with high cholesterol even live longer than those with low cholesterol.

Plaque deposits are caused by inflammation which is caused by eating sugar and refined carbs.

The plaque in your arteries has accumulated over many decades of your life, starting from when you were just a kid eating Sugar Smacks and other garbage.

Watch the video I posted above.
I do not eat a lot of sugar, never have as an adult
I will listen to my Cardiologist

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2024, 05:00:06 AM »
Statins could be behind the increase in dementia
Cholesterol helps with the brains formation of memories.

Too low cholesterol is worse than high